The Key of Mysteries

JUPITERASC

No Douibt JupAsc will give some Black Humour which i will laugh at, but

perhaps others have a different sense of humour!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGiYxCUAhks
xkcd_skifree.png

Opal

Premium Member
So it is ascertained that the key assists in time. But that elaborate of a system, is not a reason to build a key only for it. with the astrological data, on the keys, how or where should stones be for shadows. For shadows is the only thing I can think of for the tool right now.

we have obelisks, shadows

Monk

Premium Member
Hi Opal,
I would love a download as an archaeoastronomer that had all ancient sites loaded into it, that would show how the shadows worked on special days, but as far as i know, it doesn't exist.

Probably the best obeliks to study are the mock one in Washington DC or the Real Obelisk that came from Thebes that sits in the courtyard of the Vatican.

I can show the star alignments on this over the next week, shadows i can't help with, sorry!

Opal

Premium Member
Hi Opal,
I would love a download as an archaeoastronomer that had all ancient sites loaded into it, that would show how the shadows worked on special days, but as far as i know, it doesn't exist.

Probably the best obeliks to study are the mock one in Washington DC or the Real Obelisk that came from Thebes that sits in the courtyard of the Vatican.

I can show the star alignments on this over the next week, shadows i can't help with, sorry!

I do not know that it is the shadows. I do know it has to be for more than just a indicator of the winter solstice starting. In my head I see that it should have a use for all solstices and equinox’s.

Such is. My head.

Monk

Premium Member
It is so sad that the Great Library of Alexandria slipped under the bay of Alexandria in the early centuries AD during an earthquake, you and i are only left with a puzzle with what the clever ancient Greeks actually knew by mathematics and geometry.
The method of astrology is all from the earlier Sacred Geometry, today we know it as plain geometry.....how much have we lost to what they knew?
And beyond that, what did the ancient Egyptians know or the Mayans?
An interesting link regarding "Shadows" below for Opal regarding Chichen Itza, another stepped pyramid:-

https://www.kidsdiscover.com/quick-reads/amazing-serpent-shadow-chichen-itza-equinox-apparition/

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
Thank you Monk,

Very interesting. Is there a link that we can watch it visually, the shadow dancing? I have a few minutes before my Mother and husband get up. I have been reading your writing and links, you are correct when you say I have a lot of catching up, I would say, I am so in over my head :biggrin: I am enjoying this learning experience. Thank you for taking the time to teach me in a way that I seem to be able to comprehend. I have Uranus tightly square my asc. I have never been a good student, I have always been too rebellious. Mom was a teacher, my Father was an instructor too. But, Uranus is in Leo in my 9th. I learn in different circumstances, from different sources, and I suppose you fit that category. Thank you for the patience that you have shown, and are going to have to show. I work with my husband, we have our own small company, so I get busy all the time.

I have started reading the links. I am aware of Venus's motion, it is beautiful. The pentangle and the motion of Venus are astounding. From past reading, it takes 800 years? for a full cycle? I am going back to read some more Monk, on the other link.

Have a great day. Opal

Last edited:

david starling

It is so sad that the Great Library of Alexandria slipped under the bay of Alexandria in the early centuries AD during an earthquake, you and i are only left with a puzzle with what the clever ancient Greeks actually knew by mathematics and geometry.
The method of astrology is all from the earlier Sacred Geometry, today we know it as plain geometry.....how much have we lost to what they knew?
And beyond that, what did the ancient Egyptians know or the Mayans?
An interesting link regarding "Shadows" below for Opal regarding Chichen Itza, another stepped pyramid:-

https://www.kidsdiscover.com/quick-reads/amazing-serpent-shadow-chichen-itza-equinox-apparition/

Monk, looks like Hypatia of Alexandria, a Neoplatonist mathematician and astronomer, was still studying and teaching after the earthquake. She wasn't a Christian or a worshipper of the Greco-Roman deities. She did believe in sacred geometry, and that mathematics was the language of Cosmic unity. Anything you know about her life and times, and Neoplatonism?

Monk

Premium Member
Hi David,
I'll get back to you tomorrow, almost time for bossy girls to put me to bed, i must admit i don't remember Hypatia, i need to look through a few of my dusty books!
Hi Opal,
The best i can find is video below, i remember somewhere that once i researched this going back in the Julian Calender to find the day that the real Vernal Equinox fell on just about the time it was built, which i needed to show star alignments, i feel sure that it was aligned also to Sirius or Alnilam, i'll try to find my notes in the coming weeks!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TspMx-bCAYY
Opal, remember that the snakes head is at the bottom of the stairs on your left, and you have to wait until the snake body shadow joins with the head.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
Interesting JupiterAsc, but, what has it to do with the Key of Mysteries? Where were these taken, at another earthen key?

Opal

Premium Member
Gorsedd. Another key. They are everywhere. They are definitely not just for marking the winter solstice.

I thought, I had read that the Druids were wiped out to the number by the Romans, and that the modern Druids were based upon the lost knowledge of the former, in England. No, eh? Just hidden in the shadows.

Interesting also, is they are associated with the Church in which I was raised and baptised. I have not gone since I was 11, we moved to a place that did not have one.

Good morning JupiterAsc. I was overly exhausted last night.