Will the sabbatical request be accepted by the company

Spicadilly

Hi there,

There is a bad and ongoing situation at work that is affecting my health and causing me to seriously consider leaving the company to the risk of missing on potential redundancy. Some departments have already been impacted but not mine and no indication yet it will. I would also be missing on a 3 months paid sabbatical for being long tenure. It would be a shame to miss it as who knows if I will have the opportunity to do that in the future considering the economy. The application deadline is 1st of June to go in autumn 09. I would use this time to come to the US for artistic reasons.

What is troubling in the chart is the late AC and does it mean it shouldn't be interpreted or the matter has been decided. I don't knwo the answer that's why amasking and not applied yet so the matter can't have been alrerady decided. AG, thanks for confirming to use the 10th for this question.

If we go ahead and interpret it, I get a yes but only once AC is ruled by Moon as she will sextiles Saturn MC ruler in 15 degrees and trine Uranus at the same time using modern rulers. but Saturn is retro, will the company change its mind?

Sun ruling end of the matter and 3rd is in 9th which is fitting for the trip but soon to conjunct Neptune. Would this be an indication of troubles overseas or confusion about goals?

I also notice Pluto to cj DC ruling H6 in 3 degrees, seems to be 3 days as it is cardinal. Seems it could show the health problem and the work situation I need to talk to the counsellor about on Monday so 3 days.

I wonder if someone has any thoughts on this chart and if it should be read at all.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Spicadilly

Sorry I don't get how to upload a chart here, have tried saving the astro.com doc in all sorts of files and still invalid. :confused:

Question asked on 6th Feb 2009 at 12:42 pm, Brighton UK, AC 29 Gem 22.

Edit: Chart attached by Mod.
:)

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_sabbatical_be_accepted_hr.66124.2995.gif
    astro_2gw_01_sabbatical_be_accepted_hr.66124.2995.gif
    27.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited by a moderator:

archergirl

I certainly think there is a possibility here, but it will not happen without some delay and some efforts or re-adjustments.

Your job (and by default, what you are asking) is Saturn Rx, and Mercury, you, has separated from a trine with it. They receive one another by domicile; this shows the (previous) good relationship you and your job had.

The Moon is strong by domicile and angular, and will *eventually* apply by sextile to Saturn, translate the light and bring it to an opposition with Mercury. Because of the translation between the Moon, Saturn, and Mercury, this gives an affirmative answer as there is no interference from other planets in the meantime. But because it is still out of orb, there is likely to be delay in manifestation; Saturn retrograde tells us that there will be readjustments or changes to the agreement.

However, we have to be mindful of a couple of things:

1. The late ascendant. I don't think that, in this context, it means 'It's too late': Lilly says that a late ascendant can show the querent in despair with no hopes that the matter will be brought to bear...so perhaps you are asking from a sense of futility?

2. Neptune sits right on the 10th angle. This brings deception, of either the 'self-deception' sort or deception and underhandedness on behalf of the workplace. So make sure your i's are dotted and your t's crossed. Make sure everything is clear and above board and understood.

3. The Moon is not yet within orb of Saturn, although with a strong applying Moon this is not such a worry. What IS a cause for concern is that the receiving planet, Saturn, receives a Moon that is in the sign of Saturn's detriment, so perhaps your application for sabbatical will not be 'well-received'. Neither will the opposition of Moon to Mercury afterward; it may be that applying for sabbatical at this time will scupper your job stability in some way.

4. Mercury (you) sits in the 8th of anxiety and fear. You are not best position here to make a decision from a place of strength and power. It is more like you are reacting to fears, rather than being proactive about your position.

I have also decided to look at the 11th in this instance (Jupiter) because the 11th house represents a 'safe harbour' of rest and relief, which is what a sabbatical is usually used for. Jupiter sits in the 9th (showing your use of the sabbatical for long-distance travel); it yields no further information other than that Venus, ruler of the 12th of 'undoing' applies by sextile. Venus is in detriment, again perhaps suggesting that you are not taking the opportunity because you really need to, but because you are afraid of not being able to.

So, all in all it seems that you may be accepted for a sabbatical; whether it is in your best interests to do would be known only to you. But because your employer (Saturn) favours you, there must be some recourse to talking it out with someone first, to make sure you are looking at the situation realistically (Neptune on the 10th angle)?

Best of luck!
AG:)

Spicadilly

AG thank you so much for sharing your insights and explaining things so well. What a great mentor you make.

I have been sitting at my desk in tears and anxiety for the past hour because I got an insider tip last night that is indeed changing everything to the present question and puts me into panick...

My friend and I work for a high profile financial company. Due to the nature of her role, she has weekly meetings with all the VIPs. They discussed another 20% lay off this week that would affect my department again in the next 4 weeks. There is a good chance I would be made redundant. However, she also said that whilst I am being signed off, they won't go there for fear I make take them to court. So, the only way to be considered for voluntary redundancy is to go back to work in 2 weeks when the doctor's certificate expiries...This puts me in panick as I am not ready to go back and hate lying but I totally see her point. I have a new chart for this and looks like a yes but there are so many planets in H12, am not sure. Would you have time to take a look?

Coming back to your insights. Good to hear the chart can be read. You are right about the anxiety and my ruler in H8. Now that we know about the redundancy, indeed the company could change its position about sabbatical. I wouldn't apply for the sabbatical if made redundant.

I am not English and wonder what it means to ask from a sense of futility?

You are right, I am not applying because I need to but scared of missing the boat as I would need to save so much money in 6 months to take time off to travel, this choice would be really helpful. I am going through a mid life crisis and going away woudl help to reassess what I need to be happy.

Interesting about Neptune on the MC. I definitely have to keep the t's and i's clear because there have been lots of lies about my performance for the past 10 months...

Thank you AG for your insight. Blowing a kiss emoticon.

archergirl

To ask from 'a sense of futility' means that you are asking out of hopelessness, or knowing that you won't get it even if you try. Something that is 'futile' is useless or pointless.

I have tremendous sympathy for you and your circumstances. Things really are not ideal right now. Talking to a counsellor will be very helpful for you and may help you become a bit more clear-headed about what you have to do. I have to say that, if you can manage a couple of weeks at work and are willing to accept voluntary redundancy, that might be your best bet. You can, in the meantime, try to find some paid work that gives you less stress and unhappiness. If you really want to be free, you will find a way to do it.:)

If you want to put up the second chart, go ahead (remember to add your own input:) ). Make sure the question you have stated is clear.

I'll give you the instructions here. When you create a chart in Astrodienst, use Regiomontanus houses. Make it the 63% size. Click on the chart to get a printable version, and then right click on the image and 'save as' to your desktop (it should save as a .gif file automatically. If not, save it as a .gif).

Then when you create your post, scroll down to either 'go advanced' or maybe 'manage attachments' (I think it's 'manage attachments') and then upload the image from your desktop. It will attach as a thumbnail, although you won't see the thumbnail, only the attachment link.

That's the easiest way to do it. I'm not very good with these sorts of things, but I finally managed to do it this way!:p

AG:)

Spicadilly

AG, just read your reply now as I forgot to tick notification.

Thank you for your explanations and empathy :) . I finally managed to explain to the counsellor last night what had happened for the past 12 years leading to this situation. It took everything out of me and was in bed by 21pm!

I have errands all day so will post tonight. The redundancy chart seems to indicate yes...

Spica