Venus Square Mars - What is the TRUTH?

Sorry if some of this doesn't make sense, I'm in hospital at the moment on strong pain killers and thought I'd write a question I've been wondering about for a while now that I have time to.

There are many threads on here entitled 'Sexual synastry aspects', 'Most intense aspects in Synastry' Or 'Hottest Aspects' Etc.

Many people have commented on these threads unveiling their own personal experiences with certain synastry aspects and one of the most popular (maybe even THEE most popular) aspects users have commented about in these threads is Venus Square Mars.

Some quotes include -

'In my experiences.. i find that Venus square Mars is pretty spicey as far as "hot" The hottest attraction for me was venus squared mars (double whammy).. The chemistry is amazing!!!'

'Venus-Mars, specific I second the venus square mars double whammy!! The chemistry is amazing...I'm starting to like squares'

'I second the venus square mars double whammy!! The chemistry is amazing...I'm starting to like squares'

'In my experience the Venus/Mars square was more sizzling than the conjunct'

I thought Squares meant differences in taste, communicating and behaving therefore creating conflict e.g merc square merc, moon square moon etc.

So if merc square merc is a different style of communication and usually causing arguments, wouldn't Venus Square Mars mean differences in sexual styles and tastes? And therefore low in sexual compatbility?

... So why do many people label it as one of the 'Hottest, sexiest, intense' aspects in synastry?

ALSO In Linda Goodmans 'Relationship signs' book she says about this aspect 'There could be excessive sexuality in one of the partners leading to indiscretions' ... What does she mean to this and why?

Whoam1

Square doesn't mean conflict, it is a hard aspect meaning strong, same flavor as a Trine for example, but much stronger. I have a very hightened Scorpio in my chart, partly due to a Mars in Capricorn square to Venus in Scorpio, you'd think that make Venus doublely hurt because it's in Scorpio aspecting Scorpios ruler, that's very wrong.

Also Venus Sq. Mars is less about appearance and more about active (Mars) love (Venus), I'm very passionate very stormy even from this aspect. It is an attraction aspect I get associated with Scorpio a lot in appearance because of this aspect (think smoldering face, dark red/black appearance, magnetic etc,) however that's how mine manifests because of the signs it's in, so it's different for everybody.

I was born at night and my only hard aspect to my ruling chart luminary is Pluto, which is confused for Scorpio energy (it's not the same), I also have a concentration of energy in Scorpio (merc.-Pluto-Chiron-Venus). Both want freedom (Pluto is more all or nothing freedom/ leave me alone) and (Scorpio is give me space to breath or I'll make space to breath).

The sex apeal of this aspect is just people getting wet bc Mars-Venus people work to actualize there fantasies in relationships, and we take care of ourselves to get into those relationships.

HoldOrFold

It's not as simple as thinking the square will always create conflict. The square, like the opposition, is a hard an intense aspect but whether it creates conflict or not depends on the planets involved. Mars and Venus are archetypally opposite sexual energies and in aspect they will 'see' eachother resulting in attraction. The worst aspects for these two planets to be in are quiuncunx or dodecile (semi-sextile) because the signs involved have nothing in common and they are in aversion to eachother.

So it helps to think more about the planets involved, Mars square Mars is a tough aspect and creates conflict, however Mars square Venus usually creates strong attraction. Saturn square Moon is going to be very oppressive but Jupiter square Moon will most likely be a lot of fun.

You'll find the truth through observation of reality more than anything else. I'm always attracted to ideas which are prefaced by something like 'Through studying the charts of thousands of people over many years I have found that... xyz' or even just looking at what many people have observed about a their own placements, you start to get an idea about what's really going on.

Aldana

It's not as simple as thinking the square will always create conflict. The square, like the opposition, is a hard an intense aspect but whether it creates conflict or not depends on the planets involved. Mars and Venus are archetypally opposite sexual energies and in aspect they will 'see' eachother resulting in attraction. The worst aspects for these two planets to be in are quiuncunx or dodecile (semi-sextile) because the signs involved have nothing in common and they are in aversion to eachother.

So it helps to think more about the planets involved, Mars square Mars is a tough aspect and creates conflict, however Mars square Venus usually creates strong attraction. Saturn square Moon is going to be very oppressive but Jupiter square Moon will most likely be a lot of fun.

You'll find the truth through observation of reality more than anything else. I'm always attracted to ideas which are prefaced by something like 'Through studying the charts of thousands of people over many years I have found that... xyz' or even just looking at what many people have observed about a their own placements, you start to get an idea about what's really going on.

Hello!I have this aspect in my sinastry with a guy and I see that you mentioned saturn square moon and jupiter square moon and we also have those,if one of them is opressive and the other one is fun what the heck is likely to happen then?