Monday's race (May 8, 2006)

aquirata

Let's look at a low-grade race from the UK on Monday. To minimize the amount of work, I simply chose the one with the least number of runners. :) The race is at Ayr (England) with a scheduled off-time of 7:10 pm. The card can be viewed at http://www.racingpost.co.uk/horses/card.sd?race_id=406734&r_date=2006-5-8&flag=1&cards=1. If you don't have a username/password for the Racingpost site, register for free, or go to http://www.bugmenot.com/view/www.racingpost.co.uk to get username/password information. You can get the birth dates of the runners by clicking on them at the Racingpost site.

Interestingly, the MC is again in Cancer (just like for the Kentucky Derby), so the prevalent runners will once again be signified by the Moon. The natal Moons of Speedy Sam (trine Moon), Electron Pulse (conjunct MC) and Grey Outlook (conjunct Asc) make contact to the race angles or the race Moon, so only they will be considered further.

The next step is to look at natal Mars to see if he makes contact to rulers of race angles (Venus, Moon, Mars and Saturn). Speedy Sam's Mars contacts all four (sextile Venus, trine Moon, opposition Mars and trine Saturn), Electron Pulse's three (sextile Venus, trine Moon and trine Saturn) and Grey Outlook's none. Two contenders are left at this point (Speedy Sam and Electron Pulse).

Speedy Sam's Sun contacts the race Moon, Venus, Mars, Saturn and the Nodes. Electron Pulse's Sun contacts the race Sun, Mercury and the angles. Speedy Sam's Mars and Sun make much tighter and more contacts to the race chart, so my call would be:

1. Speedy Sam
2. Electron Pulse
3. Grey Outlook

A look at the betting forecast provides some confirmation: Evs Speedy Sam, 3/1 Secret Liaison, 7/1 Grey Outlook, 12/1 Azurine, Electron Pulse, Prince Egor, 100/1 Borsch, Cashema

A little over 15 hours to go to find out the result... Plenty of time to chip in! :)
Peter

aquirata

I've just discovered that in my previous post I set the date of the race chart for the 10th rather than today (the 8th) erroneously. So there goes my beautiful analysis showing the strong favourite winning... :oops:

The correct MC is in 29 deg Gemini, ruled by Mercury. The new contenders in this chart are Borsch (nMer-con-rMer), Cashema (nMer-ssx-rMer), Prince Egor (nMer-sex-rMer) and Azurine (nMer-sex-rMer). Of course the list had to be completely different from the above! :)

Natal Mars for these runners: Borsch contacts Jup (IC ruler) and Nep (Des ruler); Cashema - Jup, Nep; Prince Egor - none; Azurine - none. So we're down to Borsch and Cashema.

Natal Sun: Borsch - 5 contacts, Cashema - 5 contacts.

Race Fortuna: Borsch - 4 contacts, Cashema - 3 contacts.

It's a very close call: Borsch has one more contact but Cashema's aspects are somewhat more convincing. It doesn't help that they are total outsiders, both quoted at 100/1.

The favourite vs. underdog analysis indicates a low- or mid-priced horse winning.

Complicating matters is that the MC is just 4 minutes (time) away from Cancer. So if the race is delayed a couple of minutes, the entire discussion falls back on my previous post, although somewhat modified due to the two-day difference.

I am also in the middle of reading Geoffrey Cornelius' wonderful book, The Moment of Astrology, in which he makes a case for the wrong chart 'working' (and also explains why), and I'm wondering now what will happen. If the race goes off undelayed and Speedy Sam wins (a 57% chance according to current prices on Betfair), is that evidence for the wrong chart working? If the race is delayed by 5 minutes and Borsch or Cashema wins (very very unlikely, perhaps 1%), what will we make of that? A delayed race would favour an underdog according to the event chart, so even more complications! How are we to balance all that?

Still five more hours to go to find the answers to these pressing questions. :roll:

fensi88

Interesting, I just want to ask you what if Me is on MC, will the Moon have some role in chart, and what a surprise when I came and read all that I want to know!!

Draco

Hi Aquirata,

The race is at Ayr (England)

Ayr is in Scotland, a different state. :? lol.

I am also in the middle of reading Geoffrey Cornelius' wonderful book, The Moment of Astrology, in which he makes a case for the wrong chart 'working' (and also explains why), and I'm wondering now what will happen.

This is interesting. I have found in the past that when I have made a mistake in calculating a horary chart, either in the time zone, the house system or the location, it will turn out that the 'wrong' chart is actually more revealing of the truth than the 'right' one.

I believe that everything happens for a reason, and astrology is based upon this precept. I think that when you calculate the 'wrong' chart, that this is serendipitous, or should I say synchronistic? It will be interesting to see what happens in light of the 'wrong' chart.

Draco :wink:

aquirata

Goca,

I think the Moon will have an influence regardless of MC. We'll just have to wait and see for this race.

By the way, Speedy Sam has been scratched, so even the original analysis would now point to Electron Pulse (7/1 now) and Grey Outlook (2/1).

aquirata

Draco,

You're absoloutely right, Ayr is in Scotland not England, and I even knew that. :roll: A different PROVINCE as you say... :) The shocking thing is that Solar Fire accepts Ayr, England, and gets the right coordinates. :eek:

I'm also very curious now how this race pans out in terms of the 'wrong' chart. We'll never find out if the race is delayed, but I'll be watching it just to make sure of the exact 'off'.

aquirata

Secret Liaison wins this race. 'Off' was 7:10:20 pm, and the race finished well before 7:13 pm, when the MC would have switched over to Cancer.

OK, post mortem. Who indicated the winner? Surprise, surprise, our usual suspect, Luna! The proper procedure should have been looking at natal Moon first, then Mars and Sun, and finally race Fortuna, just like in the original analysis. The contenders were (natal Moon):

Cashema: tri rMoon (5 deg)
Prince Egor: squ rMon (6 deg)
Secret Liaison: tri rMon (4 deg)
Electron Pulse: con rMC (3 deg)
Grey Outlook: con rAsc (5 deg)

Natal Mars:
Cashema: 2 contacts
Prince Egor: none
Secret Liaison: 1
Electron Pulse: none
Grey Outlook: 2

Cashema, Secret Liaison and Grey Outlook remaining. Natal Sun:
Cashema: 5 contacts
Secret Liaison: 6
Grey Outlook: 5

Race Fortuna:
Cashema: 3 contacts
Secret Liaison: 1
Grey Outlook: 2

It is very close between the three. The final arbiter will be the price (just like in the Kentucky Derby), and we'll go with the betting forecast, which puts them in this order:

1. Secret Liaison 3/1
2. Grey Outlook 7/1
3. Cashema 100/1

Actual result was:

1st (4) Secret Liaison 2-1 Jt Fav
2nd (3) Prince Egor 4-1
3rd (6) Azurine 10-1
7 ran
Also: 2-1 Jt Fav Grey Outlook 4th

So the wrong chart was truly wrong this time, but the right chart with the right analysis would have pointed to the winner. As a footnote, let me point out that if we had allowed Ceres to rule Virgo, Prince Egor would have been kept in contention after step 2 due to his Mars conjunct race Ceres. Yet another twist would simply look at the total number of aspects for natal Sun, Moon, Mars and natal equivalent of race MC ruler. This would result in the following tally:

Prince Egor: 21
Azurine: 20
Grey Outlook: 20
Borsch: 20
Electron Pulse: 18
Secret Liaison: 17
Cashema: 16

It is apparent in this scheme how the 2nd, 3rd and 4th place finishers could have been called. All this after the fact, of course, but this is the only way to learn.

How about the 2:50 at Kelso tomorrow?

aquirata

Goca,

You're right! For some reason my clock was still stuck in March. So after posting the first analysis with an incorrect date, I repeated it with the second one. It's great that somebody is checking my work, otherwise I could get away with this sloppiness. :)

I will post yet another analysis later today.

fensi88

Fine, I print all charts (natal horse data vs derby data) so when you post your explanations it will be easier to me to folow your explanations and learn your technique! I did not see on web something like this, so members of this forum are previleged thanks to you!

aquirata

Goca,

I'm not aware of any serious sports astrology on the web. Authors that have made an effort at an intelligent approach to predicting results of sporting events include Emily Faugno, Bernadette Brady, Lee Lehman, Courtney Roberts, Cynthia Withers and John Frawley. Some of their material is available online, but for the real stuff you'll have to pay.

My methods are not 'tried and true' - just something that make sense from an astrological perspective. We'll have to see how they pan out.

aquirata

OK, so here we go with the correct data for this race...

Date: May 8, 2006
Time: 7:10 pm
Place: Ayr, UK

Race angles:

Asc: 30 deg Lib, ruled by Venus (switches to Sco at 7:13:01)
MC: 12 deg Leo, ruled by the Sun
Des: 30 deg Ari, ruled by Mars
IC: 12 deg Aqu, ruled by Uranus
Runners' birthdates:

Azurine: 4May'03
Borsch: 23Mar'02
Cashema: 25Jan'01
Prince Egor: 29Apr'03
Secret Liaison: 15May'03
Grey Outlook: 19Feb'03
Electron Pulse: 16Jan'03

Natal Sun (race MC ruler) contacting race Sun (6 deg) or angles (3 deg):

Azurine: opp Sun (4), squ MC (2)
Borsch: -
Cashema: -
Prince Egor: squ MC (3)
Secret Liaison: opp Sun (6)
Grey Outlook: tri Asc (1)
Electron Pulse: -

Natal Mars contacting rulers of race angles (Sun, Venus, Mars, Uranus - 6 deg) or angles (3 deg):

Azurine: sex Ven (1)
Borsch: opp Sun (3), sex Ura(1)
Cashema: opp Sun (1),
Prince Egor: sex Ven (2)
Secret Liaison: opp Sun (5), opp MC (2)
Grey Outlook: -
Electron Pulse: -

Remaining contenders: Azurine, Prince Egor, Secret Liaison.

Natal Moon contacting race Moon (9 deg) or angles (3 deg):

Azurine: -
Prince Egor: -
Secret Liaison: squ MC (3)

Race Fortuna's aspects (3 deg, except 6 deg to Moon):

Azurine: -
Prince Egor: con Sun (1)
Secret Liaison: tri Mon (6)

It's fairly clear from the above that Secret Liaison has the most going for him, followed by Prince Egor and Azurine. They finished in that order.

I love to work with correct data as the analysis is so much more in line with actual results! :)

fensi88

Thanks for this analysis I will ponder it later. From above mention authors do you can recomend some websites with examples of sports astrology?

aquirata

Sports astrology material or websites I am aware of (other than yours :)):

http://www.courtneyrobertshome.com/realtimesports.htm
http://www.stariq.com/pagetemplate/article.asp?pageid=609
http://www.johnfrawley.com/mag.html
http://www.bernadettebrady.com/pdfarticles/CastleBesiegementBrady.pdf
http://www.astrocollege.com/academic/staff.cgi?STAFF=starball
http://www.astrocollege.com/store/bookstore.cgi?ACTION=DISPLAY&CODE=0972723803
http://www.posi-tone.com/stball/final.html
http://www.leelehman.com/pages/Csgaming.html
http://home.thirdage.com/spirituality/stardust896/sports.html
http://www.sportsastrologer.com/about.htm
http://www.magiastrology.com/sportsastrology.html
http://virgoinservice.com/articles/aboutme_baseball.htm

Some are more serious than others. Let me know what you think. Have you found any other references on the web?

Courtney Roberts' book Real-Time Astrology is out of print, and so is Emily Faugno's Astro-Power at the Racetrack. John Frawley is planning to publish a book titled Sports Astrology later this year, it's already advertised on Amazon. You may find second-hand copies of Sepharial's Silver Key and Mozan's Racing Numerology, but they are not really worth your while.

fensi88

Thanks so much for these links, for 3 of them I am know, but others are new for me, so I am excited to see them. Tomorow, when I will be in my office I will print (I do not have printer at home) all that I consider intersting from them and when I came home I will start to read. Thanks once again!

AquariusMoon

Hi, Aquirata, Fensi, Draco and all. I've not been able to get on this site for the past few days. However, I did PM dreamastrologer again for more tips, and this is what he said once again, a method he's found most successful, advice for if you're going to bet:

dreamastrologer said:
It is really very simple. go to the racetrack on the aquarius moon -good for longshots and they are the only ones that pay.

Then draw the chart for post-time (or projected post-time) of each race. any planet near the Asc or MC should be influential. Pick a horse who's name resonates with the planet involved.

http://www.astrowin.co.nz/vivian_robson.htm
http://www.astrowin.co.nz/robson_complete_laws.htm

I don't have any of these books, but the above link seems to back up what dreamastrologer was saying.

Aquirata, when my schedule lets up I'll try your method with the horses at Santa Anita where I'm somewhat familiar with the jockeys at least. Your method looks very promising. I have a friend who is going to work with me on the Preakness and/or Belmont Stakes, and I'll pass along the info I get. He told me that the Triple Crown is not a race, but is the winner of the KD, Preakness and Belmont Stakes combined. Thanks for posting the links.

Happy racing,
AqMoon

fensi88

Then draw the chart for post-time (or projected post-time) of each race. any planet near the Asc or MC should be influential. Pick a horse who's name resonates with the planet involved.
Interesting idea I will experiment wit it. I will try on football matches too. Untill Peter pointed out that idea, for xample to do the chart for moment when goal scored I never think about it. Thanks.

aquirata

AqMoon,

I posted a fairly detailed reply to your note, but it disappeared into thin air. The gist was this:

Take a look at races on the 21st of April, when the Moon was in Aquarius. Favourites won 39% of UK races, first problem. Second problem, try finding planetary resonances for the winners above 6/1 odds. Then erect the charts and see if you were right more times than chance would indicate. I believe your findings will be negative. If it was that easy, astrologers wouldn't have to labour at giving chart readings, they could simply collect at the races.

Regarding the stuff at astrowin, don't waste your money. They are simplistic methods, the selling of which provided extra income for the astrologers in question. Ask the owner of the site for statistics proving any of the methods working. He won't be able to give you any. 'nuff said!

AquariusMoon

aquirata said:
AqMoon,

I posted a fairly detailed reply to your note, but it disappeared into thin air. The gist was this:

Take a look at races on the 21st of April, when the Moon was in Aquarius. Favourites won 39% of UK races, first problem. Second problem, try finding planetary resonances for the winners above 6/1 odds. Then erect the charts and see if you were right more times than chance would indicate. I believe your findings will be negative. If it was that easy, astrologers wouldn't have to labour at giving chart readings, they could simply collect at the races.

Regarding the stuff at astrowin, don't waste your money. They are simplistic methods, the selling of which provided extra income for the astrologers in question. Ask the owner of the site for statistics proving any of the methods working. He won't be able to give you any. 'nuff said!

Aquirata, the same thing has happened to me before. I've started highlighting my long posts, ctrl+c to save it before clicking Submit. Your posts are long and detailed. That's a lot of work down the drain. Thanks for reposting.

Yes, I'll try the method dreamastrologer recommended after the fact and see how it goes. This method may be a good method to at least use on occasion. I don't think any one formula would work all the time, but never say never.

Thanks,
AqMoon