Emotionless Capricorn ???

katydid

I'm a Capricorn and I know many also... we are very emotional but are really good at keeping it together because we have responsibilities and feel we have to.

YES. I think about my husband and kids first. I don't fall apart because I feel the need to keep things under control and make the best of the difficult situation so we can move forward. :ninja:

lazarusx

I don't find them emotionless, just in control.

Two of my ex-girlfriends were Capricorns. As a Cancer i found it frustrating emotionally, my Moon is in the 1st House Gemini so it's like second nature for me to talk about my emotions without hesitation and be very expressive.

Where for my ex she appeared very stoic and reserved. Which ironically is what I found so attractive about her, i found over time that underneath the hard exterior there is deep genuine emotion but it's only expressed wisely and with care to the right people.

Imperial1922

What makes a Capricorn suppress they're feelings and how can you help them explore them?

Is it healthy for a Capricorn to explore they're feelings or is it unnatural and could have a negative effect?

Im a Capricorn Sun with pleantly of Sautnr aspects, so i think i can put in my perspective on it. Its not that im Unemotional, its simply i keep it to myself unless i talk about it with someone i find trustworthy. I am careful about what i reveal, so at times i just resolve any emotional conflict by myself.

If a Capricorn has a water moon and water rising, I doubt he would be emotionless. :innocent:

The most "emotionless" Capricorn I ever met in my life has their charts mostly filled with air signs. This Capricorn is so emotionless that they couldn't feel empathy toward people and end up hurting me badly due to their lack of empathy.

Noemi

Capricorn as a place of fall Moon can't be emotional in a most expected way. Profuse? Warm? Amorous? I don't think so.
But it doesn't mean emotionless. People are accustomed to some kind of one way of showing emotional involvement; hugging, kissing, smiling, nice words etc.
It's not a typical behaviour of Capricorn, but maybe devotion, being a support in hard situations. It's even more worthwhile whene you can rely on somebody, even if he's a little bit rough sometimes.
It's always good to follow the ruler - Saturn and try to figure out how he impacts on planets in Capricorn because it can be the kay to understand the way somebody's showing he's emotional side (especially when it comes to Moon).
For example my close relative has got stellium in Pisces, Cancer rising and Moon in Capricorn. Saturn is in Pisces so he breaks barriers a bit. This person likes to talk about herself as a very emtional and empathetic but in reality it doesn't look like she says. She likes to act like psychologist (Moon in 7th) and she is a good receiver of other's problems.
The "bad" side is that she is materialistic and likes to play a victim sometimes, what it's obviously a Pisces influence.

david starling

Materialism is a Capricornian flaw, but playing a victim is a typical for Pisces.

What, in general, gives you that impression? It may be that Pisceans are willing to complain when they feel victimized, whereas other Signs hide it better. Maybe I'm not sure what you mean by "playing" a victim? For example, from your point of view, is she prone to feeling sorry for herself, and unfairly blaming others for mistreating her? And, if that's what you mean, have you noticed this trait as uniquely Piscean?

Last edited:

Noemi

What, in general, gives you that impression? It may be that Pisceans are willing to complain when they feel victimized, whereas other Signs hide it better. Maybe I'm not sure what you mean by "playing" a victim? For example, from your point of view, is she prone to feeling sorry for herself, and unfairly blaming others for mistreating her? And, have you noticed this trait as uniquely Piscean?

First of all, the archetype of Pisces is connected with self-sacrifice, devotion, being generous in emotional way.
Some of the modern manuals use it to highlight that Pisces are usually somebody's victims and it's their weakness.
I don't support this idea cause I think it can be a strong side of this sign.
What I mean is that people with strong Pisces phase are prone to use their natural innocent and lost impression to play the victim and exactly what you've described try to blame others, no matter if those others are guilty or not.
Lots of people from my family are Pisces, with various Moon, Mercury and other planets locations and what I've noticed and what makes them similar is the ability of using victim trait as their weapon against other people.

david starling

First of all, the archetype of Pisces is connected with self-sacrifice, devotion, being generous in emotional way.
Some of the modern manuals use it to highlight that Pisces are usually somebody's victims and it's their weakness.
I don't support this idea cause I think it can be a strong side of this sign.
What I mean is that people with strong Pisces phase are prone to use their natural innocent and lost impression to play the victim and exactly what you've described try to blame others, no matter if those others are guilty or not.
Lots of people from my family are Pisces, with various Moon, Mercury and other planets locations and what I've noticed and what makes them similar is the ability of using victim trait as their weapon against other people.

Good answer! Still not clear on what's meant by "victim" though. Sounds like you perceive yourself to have been victimized by family members with Piscean-charts.

Alzander

What makes a Capricorn suppress they're feelings and how can you help them explore them?

Is it healthy for a Capricorn to explore they're feelings or is it unnatural and could have a negative effect?
Yeah, like others have pretty much mentioned here... Capricorns aren't nessecerily emotionless, they're just more of a practical type that deals with things and get on it with it to be honest but this is actually more of a good thing than bad as many would perceive.

Capricorns are capable of great service to others in difficult and highly emotional situations where most people may be panicking and too distraught to do anything.

I am a Capricorn moon, Jupiter and Neptune which attributes muchly to my 5 earth placements which I'm very tuned in to and aware of and thankful for I guess lol as most of the rest of me is water from the piscean energy I've discussed previously in other threads with you, :)

And in terms of career and whatnot capricorns are generally very methodical, slow and steady but extremely serious and determined in their actions and work and can be highly professional people that go really far....obviously the key dangers here with this is burning yourself out and isolating yourself from others due to that nature...sometimes capricorns may be very solitary individuals with a tight close family in which they admire more and the most...

as I'm a Capricorn moon I can tell you that Capricorn ruling emotions isn't emotionless and insensitive, far from it to which you may be surprised...in fact quite the opposite really...I've noticed though that when I'm most emotional and tearful is if I'm alone contemplating things compared to being around others....Capricorn moon people are usually really considerate of others and like to help guide and teach but can be rather controlling (dependant on sun and ascendant etc etc)...this can create issues with how others perceive them as communication and expressing feeing might not be very articulate and honest due to the deep sensitivity and putting others before them...a fine example of this is if I'm really upset about something but I don't tell my mother or brother etc....a tendency to keep things to yourself is certainly there and this may apply to many Sun Capricorns too.