8H Heavy Solar Return with Critical Degree ASC

twistandshout

Since my birthday is in about two months I've started looking back at my next coming Solar Return and am trying to make heads and tails of this next one. Overall it seems like it'll be relatively positive, pointing likely to some growth in career and I can also see my moving in it (which I've been working towards all year). But the thing I'm not entirely sure about is the SR 8H. Between that and the Critical degree Ascendant, I'm trying to mull over what the flavor for this coming year is likely to be.

The Ascendant does land in my 3H which considering how the move I'm trying to make is a big relocation that will take me incredibly far from my home town where I am now, it seems pretty fitting. But I'm still trying to get an idea of the 8H stellium going on. Venus is conjunct my North Node, Mars and Mercury are also conjunct in there as well. All four of those points/planets land in my 11H with my Vertex also landing in my 10H. I'm not necessarily worried about anything doom and gloom despite that being the only kind of themes I seem to come by when doing research on 8H stelliums/critical degrees for SRs but it does seem to point to some seriously heavy change going on.

Attachments

• SR2017.jpg
    SR2017.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 27
  • SR2017WithNatal.jpg
    SR2017WithNatal.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 29

Osamenor

Staff member
but it does seem to point to some seriously heavy change going on.

I think you hit the nail on the head with this: heavy change. The eighth house is a place of transformation. The ninth is where the transformation finds meaning. So you have all these planets in your SR eighth but your sun in SR ninth: looks to me like you've got an indicator of long distance travel (sun), with the other planets suggesting, perhaps, the various reasons why you're moving. Or perhaps it's about what changes when you move.

To move is to leave something behind. You're leaving your current home, current job, local friends, and whatever else you have where you live now that you can't take with you. If you think in terms of loss, that is the loss. If you really want this move, it's not necessarily a bad thing, but you can't have whatever you're moving for without losing a good portion of what you have now.