Survey: Your Thoughts on Christianity into the Age of Aquarius

Birch Dragon

What are your thoughts on the problems with Christianity? Or it’s strengths?
I’m taking a survey.
Because many Christians today are hostile to astrology, I imagine as astrologers or astrologically minded people there might be a lot of interesting, useful criticisms of Christianity floating around here, and I’d like to hear them. Though if people find strengths in Christianity I’d like to hear those as well.

Why am I asking?

I’m interested in the progress of our spiritual ideas, but I also find, the older I get and the more I understand, there are some core things about Christian thought I don’t think we can actually progress past.
I tend to see Christianity as an expression of the Pisces-Virgo axis, and I tend to see the shift into modern Western ideas over the past 300 years or so – democracy, human rights and the emphasis on the individual, secularity, modern science, industry and technology, etc. – as expressions of the Aquarius-Leo axis. That’s something I’ve been mulling over since I’ve been on this sight and I’d like to post on that in the future. But the point now is that, in this transition period from the Age of Pisces into the Age of Aquarius, it seems like a good time to be thinking about what we want to keep from the Age of Pisces and what we want to leave behind.

A critique of Christianity is, for me, part of doing that.

So, to be clear, I’m not trying to start a Christianity-basing thread. Please let's not do that.
Like I said, I’m actually asking this because I can’t see a kind of new “Aquarian spirituality” that improves on at least core aspects of Christianity. But I am interested in building on Christianity to take its great wisdoms to fit into the coming realities of the Aquarian Age.

And I suppose I should define “Christianity.” Generally I mean the ideas and theology of Christianity. But of course “Christianity” is also all of its churches, all of their activities, a series of rituals and practices, and two thousand years of complicated history. It's also a broad tradition with a lot of different ideas, often competing (like astrology!). really I’m interested in the heart and mind of Christianity (maybe "Christianities" is better), but I realize that’s hard to separate out sometimes…

Excited to hear from you!

Last edited:

kimbermoon

I believe that Christianity in it's purest form is a philosophy of living, and is intended to encourage us towards 'right living' under the premises of equality, justice, charity and humanity. Derived from the term Christ, it is about following the teachings of 'The Christ', and to me is not about following all the doctrines and dogma originating from the religions organizations; these are man made while Christ was about the purity of Spirit; the Kingdom of Heaven IS within. His teachings described the Universal Laws of Right Living. His message was clear in discouraging the works through groups and organizations that are subject to distortions and untruths; instead he encouraged that we each find that spirit of Christ [our link with the divine] within ourselves, and this I think is in keeping with the Age of Aquarius. Think about how he did not always preach about suffering and sacrifice [Pisces], but rather about salvation and transcendence, and he did demonstrate that we have the power for healing within ourselves as well; rather he advised us to rise above that and seek instead the joy and the uniqueness of life [Aquarius]. Aquarius is perfect for standing up for one's individuality and independence, aside from the rigid rules made by man; it's also about standing up for the rights of others so that we can come together in unity and harmony. Through the axis of Pisces, Christ was not completely about performing services; he was about evolving our spirit to it's highest perfection within the individual, as per the energy of Aquarius. For if we do not love and appreciate ourselves first [Leo], how then can we inspire others to do so? It is only organized religion that turns us away from astrology and techniques of predication, even though signs and omens are present enough for all of us who can perceive them. The paradox is obvious since it was the astrologers who honored and recognized this ' birth of the King'. From personal experience, being raised by the dogma of Catholicism, I lean more towards the weakness generated by religion, which are numerous, with the only real strengths being about contemplation, meditation, awareness and spirituality. From the age of Pisces we should well retain the positive Piscean traits, such as compassion, understanding, awareness, mysticism, but move away from the more oppressive sacrificial traits of being dominated and oppressed by others as religion attempts to do. 'How can we sleep if our beds are burning?'
To me, in entering the church as a child, and cleansing ourselves with the holy water, that was really symbolic of 'leaving our minds and spirits at the door', to be controlled and directed by others. As in the story of the Christ, in the end he was certainly forced into standing on his own, as we all must do when our time for renewal and true resurrection comes our way. And that is the way of the Aquarius -Leo axis. I do hope that, as you have asked, this thread does not sink into opinion and judgement, as so many others tend to do, and keeps to it's purpose of being about sharing and learning. :wink:

Phoenix Venus

Well, I gave a testimony at my church a few months back. I talked about being an astrologer. Even if many in my church might disagree with my practice, most all of them still accept me with open arms.

A room full of people who, even if they have differing viewpoints, will reach out in love to one another. Whether this is in church or on the bus or even to some extent, an internet thread.

Imo, this is the heart (the body) of christianity.

I think that the chances of taking on "heat" for being an astrologer are just about equal to the "heat" one takes for being a christian. Or the heat one takes for being an athiest. Or the heat one takes for being *insert label here*

Its not so much about the label as it is about the individual.

Individuals each have their own viewpoints and judgements.

Individuals each have their own relationship with Christ.

Individuals, from all walks of life, are at different places in progessing towards finding the Sacred, All Empowering Divinity Within.

Imo, this is the soul (the holy spirit) of christianity.

I do believe that the core principles of christianity bring about spiritual wealth. I believe Yeshua is an exemplar of that spiritual wealth. I don't believe this has anything to do with the indoctrinations.

I believe christianity can work in harmony with science.... can work in harmony with astrology... can work in harmony with other religions.

To each his own. Christianity, like any label, like anything in life, is what you make it. With GOD, we can all make it.

Imo, This is the mind of christianity.

Your own personal Jesus. Reach out, touch faith.

For the aquarian age, let's keep the mind, heart & soul, and shed the rest...

Last edited:

jupiterianguru

All the prophecies such as hopi mayan vedic the vedic suggests sometime during next jupiter in cancer may be the end of the dark age I say next cause I was hopeful but obvious its not this year. The mayans say specifically about the currenrt katun (20 year period starting dec 21 2012 ending on the same date 2032. Btw this is only a small part of what they said about the date I am just wanting to be specific to religion.

"For half, there will be food, for others misfortunes. A time of the end of the 'word of God'. A time for uniting for a cause."

The mayan one I am using for timing as it is the only one that gave specific dates. Every other ancient prophecy suggests that at some point there will be a spiritual awakening and new religion.

Even jesus said Behold, when ye are entered into the city, there shall a man meet you, bearing a pitcher of water; follow him into the house where he entereth in. Luke 22:10.

This may be out of context I admit but I have seen its use to suggest a new religious leader coming.

Where we are now is right before the awakening using hopi timing (look this up yourself all the first six happened as predicted)
This is the Seventh Sign: You will hear of the sea turning black, and many living things dying because of it.” (oil spills this recently happened)

This sign did not yet.

“This is the Eight Sign: You will see many youth, who wear their hair long like my people, come and join the tribal nations, to learn their ways and wisdom.

Also at one place they perfectly describe the inner cities getting worse with violence and drugs sorry I wanted to post that quote but I cant seem to find it if you can great it describes a concrete jungle and people turning to steam is all the specifics I remember maybe someone else can find it people moving to smaller towns.

Anyways this all suggests an end to not only Christianity but most world religions and the start of something new which will come onto the scene for all people to see.

I dont want to freak people out though or start an argument as I do not personally fully know what this religion is for sure but I kind of know when it might come around and be more widely known (in a few more years like around when pluto enters aquarius) and mainstream religion (christianity islam judaism) will be quick to label this work of the "antichrist" or "devil" and fear it and cause all sorts of wars an conflicts over it that is why people will unite for a cause like the mayans said for or against current religion (not just including Christianity) (lol from the sound of it and what ive read might as well just say the new religion is "satanism" for lack of a better word cause that is how mainstream religion will treat it) peobably many of you will discount anything me and any other prophecy said but inside I feel I do know like Pisces Aquarius will have a new ruler and probably like aries pisces switch (from mostly pagan people to christian) there will be wars and conflicts over it. I wouldnt be suprised if the new movement is based on ancient spirituality and the pagan gods

Last edited:

waybread

Christianity is a vast topic, comprised of different denominations, historical periods, and locations. I don't think one size fits all.

Perhaps the history of the RC church re: astrology would be the most interesting. In the European Middle Ages, when the clergy comprised most of the scholars, astrology was integrated into university curricula (part of the quadrivium) and taught as one of the basic subjects. Some Catholic clerics were leading authors on astrology.

Astrology fell out of favour with the Catholic church for several reasons by the late Middle Ages/Renaissance; mostly, I think, having to do with astrology's radical potential to confound church authorities and teachings. But if you read the catechism today, it prohibits astrology on what basically are first commandment grounds: its propensity to lead the faithful away from faith in God. And this has some Old Testament/Jewish antecedents.

Astrology was accepted to some degree by the early Anglican church, though not the Lutheran or Calvinist Reformation. (Elizabeth I had court astrologers.) Today's evangelicals in the US are highly critical, but their on-line materials indicate that few understand astrology.

Interestingly, there is virtually nothing about astrology in the New Testament, though there is an extra-biblical tradition that the 3 magi were astrologers, and that each of the apostles symbolized a zodiac sign.

If you're interested in the historical perspective, I highly recommend the books of Nicholas Campion: a rare breed who is both a sound academic and a knowledgeable astrologer.

I don't expect much from the Age of Aquarius. Some people think it's already started. The astrological great ages take so long it's hard to say when one ends and another begins. If we are into the Age of Aquarius or even on its cusp, things look just about as miserable for humanity as they did 2000 years ago.

The reason why Christianity started does have something to do with the zodiacal Great Age concept, however. After 2000 years of promoting a "shepherds and sheep" ideology (the ram god Ammon in Egypt, the Babylonian constellation of Orion as a shepherd, the shepherds of the OT, sacrificial lambs;) astrologers ca 0 CE had a problem, in that the spring equinox had visibly slipped back into Pisces. They had no suitable worship to accommodate this shift. Consequently we find all kinds of NT references to fish, fishermen, the Sea of Galilee, and a god who walks on water. Read in this light, the book of Revelation is loaded with visionary allusions to constellations, and a concluding "triumph of the Lamb" with the tropical zodiac fixing the spring equinox in Aries.

Last edited:

Crystalpages

I believe that Christianity in it's purest form is a philosophy of living, and is intended to encourage us towards 'right living' under the premises of equality, justice, charity and humanity. Derived from the term Christ, it is about following the teachings of 'The Christ', and to me is not about following all the doctrines and dogma originating from the religions organizations; these are man made while Christ was about the purity of Spirit; the Kingdom of Heaven IS within. His teachings described the Universal Laws of Right Living. His message was clear in discouraging the works through groups and organizations that are subject to distortions and untruths; instead he encouraged that we each find that spirit of Christ [our link with the divine] within ourselves, and this I think is in keeping with the Age of Aquarius. Think about how he did not always preach about suffering and sacrifice [Pisces], but rather about salvation and transcendence, and he did demonstrate that we have the power for healing within ourselves as well; rather he advised us to rise above that and seek instead the joy and the uniqueness of life [Aquarius]. Aquarius is perfect for standing up for one's individuality and independence, aside from the rigid rules made by man; it's also about standing up for the rights of others so that we can come together in unity and harmony. Through the axis of Pisces, Christ was not completely about performing services; he was about evolving our spirit to it's highest perfection within the individual, as per the energy of Aquarius. For if we do not love and appreciate ourselves first [Leo], how then can we inspire others to do so? It is only organized religion that turns us away from astrology and techniques of predication, even though signs and omens are present enough for all of us who can perceive them. The paradox is obvious since it was the astrologers who honored and recognized this ' birth of the King'. From personal experience, being raised by the dogma of Catholicism, I lean more towards the weakness generated by religion, which are numerous, with the only real strengths being about contemplation, meditation, awareness and spirituality. From the age of Pisces we should well retain the positive Piscean traits, such as compassion, understanding, awareness, mysticism, but move away from the more oppressive sacrificial traits of being dominated and oppressed by others as religion attempts to do. 'How can we sleep if our beds are burning?'
To me, in entering the church as a child, and cleansing ourselves with the holy water, that was really symbolic of 'leaving our minds and spirits at the door', to be controlled and directed by others. As in the story of the Christ, in the end he was certainly forced into standing on his own, as we all must do when our time for renewal and true resurrection comes our way. And that is the way of the Aquarius -Leo axis. I do hope that, as you have asked, this thread does not sink into opinion and judgement, as so many others tend to do, and keeps to it's purpose of being about sharing and learning. :wink:

Very nice, elegant and thoughtful sharing!

Thank you very much!! :)

The kernel of all religions teach followers to be engaged in right action, elevate themselves spiritually and lead life as if it belongs to God, which it does! :)

Many of us lead life as if it belongs to us and yet the simple fact is that all die and no one leaves this world ALIVE! ;-)

Funny to see this here, i'm a newbie so take my posts with a grain of salt if I rattle the chains a bit!

Christianity and by extension Christians seem to be a really disjointed bunch of individuals. At its core, Christianity is all about healing (Jesus' ministry was all healing). The greatest lesson that Jesus imparted on the people of his day was the golden rule, "Love others as I have loved you". Christianity does not promise a happy life filled with 42 virgins, money, and power. It also isn't a panacea to poverty or ills. Even Jesus said, "There will always be poverty" as he told Judas who scolded Mary Magdalien while she wanted to wash his feet.

What Christianity does accomplish is a way to heal ones soul from years of being whipped around by the world we live in. An example from my life: After studying the new testament and going to church regularly, Christianity has helped heal my life from a particularly nasty past relationship. Long story short, i was really afraid I would be a disjointed human being. Through faith and prayer, I eventually was able to come full circle. However, everyone's journey to Christ is different. In my study of world religions, Christianity is to Judaism as Buddhism is to Hinduism. Both are fast track ways to "enlightenment" or being rejoined to the world's creator.

As astrologers, it is important to articulate to Christians what Astrology is. I'm going to defer to a Augustine of Hippo who wrote that the planets are "spirited" meaning that are not the sole determinant in ones course of life. The study of the North and South nodes are one of the most powerful tools Christian Astrologers have to help others.

The various denominations of Christianity are really missing the point as they are all variations on liturgy and fellowship. The only thing that Christians need to focus on are following the golden rule, practicing forgiveness, and helping others heal themselves by guiding them to faith in some form or another.

Edit: As for Christianity in the age of aquarius, I've noticed a lot of Millenials are turning to religion and spirituality as a means of comfort instead of resorting to hedonism. I've gotten the impression that a resurgence in a different flavor of Christianity will emerge that will attack the hedonistic rot that the US has been experiencing ever since the sexual revolution of the 60s.

Last edited:

venuschild

Banned
Birch Dragon

What are your thoughts on the problems with Christianity? Or it’s strengths?
I’m taking a survey.
Because many Christians today are hostile to astrology, I imagine as astrologers or astrologically minded people there might be a lot of interesting, useful criticisms of Christianity floating around here, and I’d like to hear them. Though if people find strengths in Christianity I’d like to hear those as well.

To begin, from an astrological perspective looking at the symbolism from past ages, note the symbolism of the sign and it's reflex as far back as Abraham(father of Hebrew, Islamic nations, and eventually Christian descendants).

As the jury may still be out on when the Age cut-offs and beginnings actually are, lets look at when Abram came out of Chaldea, Uz whose father was an astrologer; very noteworthy in many Hebrew documents of astrology's usage in their religion.

http://www.academia.edu/243907/_Abraham_as_Chaldean_Scientist_and_Father_of_the_Jews_Josephus_Ant._1.154-168_and_the_Greco-Roman_Discourse_about_Astronomy_Astrology_

http://www.gotquestions.org/Chaldeans.html

If one has studied the Bible as William Ramesey definitely had in both English and Latin if one has digested his texts, and Guildo Bonatus of course, although a Christian man William F. Lilly may not have that much knowledge Biblically speaking by the way he phrased his 9th house matters in CA, yet they all were Christian leaders in the astro community of their time.

One can note in Genesis until Moses(an astrologer as he was raised by Egyptian royalty), in the age of Taurus, from around Abraham's time Moses brother made the Golden Calf idol under Mt. Horeb, the Bull is the dominant sacrificial victim of the Hebrews.

http://www.biblenews1.com/astrology/signs/taurus.html

And as the serpent is of scorpio note the staff the astrologer Moses through down in front of Pharaoh's astrologers and wise men.

http://christiananswersforthenewage.org/Articles_Serpents4.html

http://gnosticteachings.org/courses/the-true-identity-of-moshe-moses/3104-moses-the-mystery-of-baphomet.html

Those of you who may not have gathered, Scorpio is the Eagle, Scorpion, Snake, some have inferred grey lizard and the highest octave is the dove.

In other words the age of Taurus was from Abraham if not before till Moses crossed the Sea of Reeds bringing in the Age of Aries.

And note the Bull in this empires development:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacred_bull

And what did Israel sacrifice dominantly, sheep, Ram, and the Piscean master said '..feed my sheep..', he talked of the Sheppard's tending their flocks, while Astrologers and shepard's worshipped him at the end of the warlike age of Aries while Babylon, Greece and Rome had ravaged the Middle-East regions in the age of Aries in Wars since Joshua entered the land of Canaan and annihilated Jericho.

http://www.librarising.com/mythos/ageofaries.html

Note with the reflex from Libra how the Hellenistic arts flourished in the European region, poetry, architecture, music, fine arts, etc...

Any Jewish devout follower who has studied their ancestry's documents well knows of the warlike conquests, rebellions of Israel, of the Arian ray personified through wars from the conquest of Canaan, Greek invasion, Babylonians, Persian, and finally Rome, which occupied around the time of the beginning of the Piscean age.

What was the dominant occupation of the Piscean Master's disciples?

A Popular Food?

The correct term of the holy water used in the Roman Catholic Church?

And an alternative symbol of Christianity besides the cross?

Answers, Fishermen, Fish, Piscean water( in Latin it's pronounced as like the 'P' word for urine, yet if you call a Pisces that they may be super sensitive about it)! Fish!

The opposition shows in the heavens the virgin birth with the babe on one breast while the Madonna holds a shred of grain, symbolizing as the Master said, '..the servant of all is the greatest of all..'

http://www.astrosoftware.com/AquariusPiscesAge.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pisces_%28astrology%29

http://www.rosicrucian.com/mos/moseng01.htm

http://publicutterance.blogspot.com/2008/01/age-of-pisces-virgo-1-ad-present-age-of_25.html

And we can all see the age of faith, Jupiter, with the co-lord Neptune's deception, self-undoing, Christ sacrifice, and tens of thousands of Christians in martyrdom thorough the centuries echoing the Age of Pisces, and the BLIND LEAD THE BLIND as no Pope has acted as a gallant Leader since the Arian Simon Peter, by advocating the cruel deaths or punishments to the pedophiles within the current priesthood, a definite deception and camouflage in religion.

Also note the co-lord Neptune Illegal narcotics, the pharmaceutical conspiracy or medical ignorance, the oil idolatry, and lies in various nations governments; all Neptunian and conspiracies!

And what is the 12th house besides seclusion?

Our self undoing with drugs, oil, and the mistakes of man creating such holocaust type weaponry that questionable leadership around the globe may destroy the earth drastically with:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snTaSJk0n_Y

What will Christianity become in the Aquarian age?

We have seen the Piscean confusion, the corrupt Church that Martin Luther broke from. The King Henry the VIII who wouldn't follow the Pope Clément's ruling so he as an adulterer started his own church of England. We have seen so many heresies' in the USA colonies and the perversions of 'the freedom of religion':

http://hancockshakervillage.org/shakers/shaker-religion/

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19663

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonestown

These are the sunset time of Pisces, where the dawn of Aquarius is rising that will bring revolutions like one coming when Pluto transits into Aquarius, likely to be an over thrown of corporations and a radical change in the corruption within the RC Church as a present.

Aqu religion will be like all of us individually accepting the other's viewpoints instead of the cult like following the fish's tail, listening without questioning.

We can see the forerunners of Churches that are non-denominational or inter-denominational are ready in progress. And Jews and Christians coalitions together in a co-operative manner as in:

http://www.socialistwebzine.com/2014/07/18/jews-christians-and-muslims-pray-and-fast-for-peace/

When we are young we fight on the mountain trails of life by what our elders have taught us, but when we reach old age, we are in the snow, approaching the peak of the mountain of life many of us regardless of where we came from, what we had believed, will join hands to help others reach the top also!

That is where Christianity and other faiths in the age will have to go!