People act like aging is the worst thing that can happen LOL

Bunraku

Why is it so traumatic and devastating? Like people panic and start injecting fillers and Botox and start dressing like they did in their youth WTF. It looks like a manic episode.

I can’t wait to get white hair. I’m going to get fat and sassy too from baking treats to share to all my grand children so watch out ;)

I’ll wear outfits with patterns that look like they come from those old couches. I’ll own it :cool:

Thirdteenth

I want to be the type of elder woman where people say “****, she must have looked real **** good in her younger days. Mmm lord have mercy if I was born in the wrong generation!” and then I’m like “Awe. Thank you. My husband would appreciate that compliment. Oh by the way, I’m taken. CURVE!”.

Thirdteenth

Then he is going to be like “how are you going to do me like that ma?” and I’m going to be like “like what? :)”. Then I’m going to turn around and walk off to go to my Botox appointment because I got to keep it tight.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Why is it so traumatic and devastating? Like people panic and start injecting fillers and Botox and start dressing like they did in their youth WTF. It looks like a manic episode.

I can’t wait to get white hair. I’m going to get fat and sassy too from baking treats to share to all my grand children so watch out ;)

I’ll wear outfits with patterns that look like they come from those old couches. I’ll own it :cool:
we are all consumers

and

are urged to buy, buy, buy
buy anything!
The "Eternal Youth" Market is worth trillions :smile:

THE MANUFACTURE OF CONSENT is an interesting read
video on how it's done at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ3RzGoQC4s

JUPITERASC

botox-power-292819.jpg

Ukpoohbear

I think older people, especially women, feel ignored, invisible and lonely and at an age of reflection and not experience, on the outside of society. The man can be the ‘silver fox’ and be the proverbial wise man who is the ‘Grandad’ of authority. But both sexes will feel over looked and ignored. Not to mention vulnerable. Even more so if your mind and soul stays young and it’s just your body that gets older but no one will be able to understand your plight because everyone else still has youth on their side.

Last edited:

Thirdteenth

I believe that fear of aging comes from the lack of acceptance of change. Change brings newness, growth, transformation and a different cycle yet to be experienced. Change can be a terrifying to people who like to have familiarity because familiarity can be controlled. What makes the process of aging so unsettling to these sort of people that get these cosmetic procedures to retain a youthful appearance is that aging is inevitable. Aging is the type of change that cannot be avoided, nor could it be stopped. Aging reminds these type of people that they have to come to a decision or the decision is going to be made for them regardless if they come to a decision or not.

Now if a aging woman or man were to feel insecure about aging because they would feel that they’ll be ignored is understandable. However that would be insecurity nonetheless that would be an internal problem than an external problem that can be clearly seen. I think if you still have an urge and need to get validation from people outside of yourself at such an age to dictate your worthiness then I think people should start to reevaluate their priorities.

1 Corinthians 13:11 “When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.”

Ukpoohbear

My mirror is broken, or at least it seems to be,
for today I discovered an old man staring back at me.

The face I recognized,
But he had hair of gray, and there were wrinkles around the eyes.

I waved. I rubbed the mirror with my sleeve.
No matter what I tried, he simply wouldn't leave.

This can't be me, I thought. I am much more svelte.
Just look at the way the belly hangs over his belt!

I also thought it was very queer.
The hair stopped growing atop his head and was growing out of each ear!

Who was this imposter, and what is he doing there,
this man of age with silver in his hair?

Why is my mirror doing this to me?
Having this old man staring back at me?

- Rick Hunter
- Source: https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/the-mirror-9

Ukpoohbear

Mirror

I am silver and exact. I have no preconceptions.
Whatever I see I swallow immediately
Just as it is, unmisted by love or dislike.
I am not cruel, only truthful ‚
The eye of a little god, four-cornered.
Most of the time I meditate on the opposite wall.
It is pink, with speckles. I have looked at it so long
I think it is part of my heart. But it flickers.
Faces and darkness separate us over and over.

Now I am a lake. A woman bends over me,
Searching my reaches for what she really is.
Then she turns to those liars, the candles or the moon.
I see her back, and reflect it faithfully.
She rewards me with tears and an agitation of hands.
I am important to her. She comes and goes.
Each morning it is her face that replaces the darkness.
In me she has drowned a young girl, and in me an old woman
Rises toward her day after day, like a terrible fish.

- Sylvia Plath
- https://allpoetry.com/poem/8498499-Mirror-by-Sylvia-Plath