Electional Chart for Travel - Venus on Algol?

starrynightvm

I have a very narrow window to select the travel time for a trip with a bunch of young women who are friends to Japan next spring. The only thing that I can't predict/makes me truly uneasy is Venus in the 11th house but conjunct algol. One of the last aspects the moon makes will be an applying sextile to this Algol venus, and I'm not sure if I should change the trip dates entirely, or if I'm overreacting. Venus for this election would be at 26'24" Taurus. Can anyone report any experience with benefics tight on Algol in electional work?

Thanks in advance.

Michael

Algol is the most malefic of the fixed stars. So having Venus there might not be a good thing, especially in the 11th house.

starrynightvm

Yes, I understand that — I was just wondering if anyone has practical experience with Venus on Algol in elections — I am hoping that because venus is a benefic, and doesn't have the expansive energies of Jupiter, it won't "blow it up", let's say.

I guess I'm looking for anecdotes of Venus on Algol in mundane and electional work to get a sense of how the planet plays out.

Michael

Jupiter doesn't blow up, it can neutralize bad influences. The problem is that Algol is too powerful.

So even if Jupiter could mitigate some of the negative energies of Algol, not so with Venus. It's a weaker planet.

However, according to Hellenistic astrologer Vettius Valens: "But if the malefics should be present with the Good Spirit [11th house], they will not have the power to do anything evil".

It seems the 11th house could take care of this negative influence by itself. Since it's the joy of Zeus (Jupiter).

Paulus Alexandrinus has a different take. For him if the malefics are in sect they are benign, otherwise not.

Since Algol is a martial star, it seems doing so by night would be better.

P.S. Are you using whole house or some dynamic house system?

Last edited:

Vyri

Banned
Michael

Only a neophyte here and I don't know if you are a pro at the art, but it seems to me Algol's male-violence is tempered by Spica-other fixed placements within the heavens; consider the house Venus (Libra-concerns-union; public decorum) is placed within; 6th with the Sun in Sagittarius.Venus does she form other relationships in the map that are harmonious?

Have you set a chart? Or is one in the offing? Seems you mentioned possible Algol placement in the 11th?

Aquarius is the depositor of Algol, Aquarius is upon the 7th or 8th house; hopes for national acceptable exchange or universal comraderie, (forming friends in Scopio mode) to make a good impression. Scorpio's (regeneration) house is the depostor of Aquarius (hopes & wishes) taking into consideration Scorpio upon the 5th house,=possible romance=haveing a good time socially. The Sun (5th house) with Venus whom both are in Sagittarius (travel) play apart with the concerns where Algol makes resonance. Sun with Venus in the 6th (is 2nd from the 5th=future romance while traveling?) involves the journey (Sagittarius) or traveling aspect of the question?
Algol is a part of the Pleiades or crying sister's-& Venus plays a role in the hidden theme of Algol's impact or interpretation (Venus-Taurus-4th & 2nd house) so Algol's placement within the 11th might deal with money-expenses for fun-Taurus (11th & 2nd) subject matters.

Where is Spica (Libra-Venus of Libra is in the picture now involving 7th, 4th, 2nd 11th) in the 4th-trine/sextile orb with other ponderous (universal exchanges) planets, these relationships or aspects with planets in the election chart is indicative of traveling with women look to the Moon's aspects, Cancer is rising on the 1st of the chart (emotional & physical interaction=Moon) how is her ambassador Moon in a relationship with Algol? Spica in the heaven's could serve to mitigate Algol's effect, as Uranus (Aquarius on the 8th house) is in Aries (separation) aspect with Spica?
Algol tells we lose our 'heads' literally at the worst warning of his 'warish role' but where you are going-is that province in upheaval politically?
You could meet a damsel & fall head over heels for her and she is out of reach bc her sister's convince her (the culture is very tight knit in social graces where women's decorum-even to our present decade in the world's history-respects it elder traditional viewpoint) she had better back off, how are you on your social graces? (Moon again..)

Spica (Venus depositor) in the Uranus opposition, sigh - you don't wish to be separated from your new found beauty?

The home & main theme of Libra in the chart (4th=Moon women in the home) Venus in Sag. in the travel sign, could mean you take up temporary residence (= Libra (4th) where Spica steps in-is highlighted & stay literally with women, rooming with them=exchange student style; & make a personal attachment with one of them with Uranus you experience the separation or opposition aspect=emotional upheaval=Algol effect?

I don't think you should be concerned of the resonance of Uranus (Aquarius on 8th) & Mars (Scorpio 5th) as threatening-which could make you think Algol is harmful, Uranus in the 10th angle has an advantage over Algol in power (?-don't know the chart) precedes him (Algol is lower-Uranus precedes his entrance into other area's of the chart-he herald's his presence?) fore Uranus in Aries in the 10th (?) is receiving Mars whom is already dignified in Scorpio (5th?) invites Uranus to be exalted there, (Mars is saying no worries-my tenement is none threatening-but you must 'respect' my energies-presence or subject matter?) 5th is Leo's concerns where Scorpio tenants & upon the 2nd house, expenses $$$$-future of the travel aspects concerning money, romance-you might want to watch your purse or belongings - secure them in a house vault?)

Aries (10th) = Uranus/Mars mechanical & cars come under his influence-depending on the date of your travel-the Sun might be forming a benign aspect from Sagittarius to Uranus (no travel worries)-Mars is now deposited within Aries 10th (exalted dignified in Saturn's sign) Capricorn's domain resonance with Saturn in Sag. 6th.

All these are mitigating forces, I should think. Am viewing the higher influences in the heaven's as dandy. The big fixed Stars are in harmony with each other.Don't have that much experience with specific chart reference as you are requesting - just a dot of seemingly enterative energy-supposed hypothetic inference.

Security & health = might be things to think about. (Sag. on 6th with Saturn, Venus)?

Wishing my minimal contribution might give you food for thought?

Always the best
Vyri

Last edited:

Culpeper

Premium Member
This does not sound good at all. Algol is the most malefic of the fixed stars. Algol means death, but even if you survive, your trip could be ruined. I have been doing astrology along time, and if Algol is active, it causes trouble.

D-Rok

Are you sure Algol in 11th house is dangerous? 11th house is a fortunate house.

Algol, wherever it is, is a nasty star indicating beheadings, death, and essentially all bad stuff. It was symbolized by Medusa’s lopped off head, and if memory serves, Algol comes from Al Ghoul, or The Demon (sorry, playing off of memory so this might not be 100% correct).

At least Venus is in Taurus for this, but I’d be careful regardless.