Venus semisextile ascendant?

Scherzy

what are this aspects effects ? I have researched but I didnt find anything.
are semisextiles good or bad ?
my venus in 23 degree taurus 12th house
ascendant 23 degree gemini

also my chart ruler mercury is in pisces 10th house
and exact sextile with venus
do we count chart ruler ?or only aspects to ascendant?

ElenaJ

The semi-sextile is based on the degrees of a triangle, so in effect, an easy aspect.
However, there are many who hold that it does not really work as a friendly contact because the two will have nothing in common. In your example of taurus/gemini they are fixed/mutable and earth/air, so they don't "speak" with each other well, they don't understand each other. At any rate, it isn't considered a strong contact.
If mercury is chart ruler, it becomes an important planet in the chart and the aspects it makes to other planets and the angles have extra weight.

Scherzy

The semi-sextile is based on the degrees of a triangle, so in effect, an easy aspect.
However, there are many who hold that it does not really work as a friendly contact because the two will have nothing in common. In your example of taurus/gemini they are fixed/mutable and earth/air, so they don't "speak" with each other well, they don't understand each other. At any rate, it isn't considered a strong contact.
If mercury is chart ruler, it becomes an important planet in the chart and the aspects it makes to other planets and the angles have extra weight.

mercurys aspects does it effect my appearance ?
or only ascendant?

Scherzy

also my 10th house mercury square my ascendant.I dont know what does it mean.
it makes me ugly or what ?

Scherzy

Have you posted your chart? Wouldn't that be easier, and more accurate, than looking at a laundry list of aspects?

youre right :) thanks
Actually I am trying to learn astrology and I did not throw it because I did not want to look like a lazy.

Attachments

• job.jpg
    job.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 36
  • natal.jpg
    natal.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 34

ElenaJ

You ask about mercury/venus while you neglected to mention mercury/moon. This is quite important, especially since moon is on the 7th cusp, opposing the ascendent. Placed in the descendent, you tend to attract emotional relationships, and with the mercury square you might have a tendency to not respect boundaries with others, so they feel like you are budding into their personal affairs. The moon is "moody", and opposing the ascendent you can come across this way to others. You might alternate between being overly talkative and being silent.
The moon is feminine, so this would give a soft, feminine aspect to the way you present yourself to others, as well as being sensitive and emotional.
Venus sextile mercury makes you a good diplomate, smooth talking and non offensive to others. It's a creative contact, and you should be a good conversationalist.
Venus in aspect with the ascendent, especially in the exact degree, gives a pleasing appearance, graceful, sociable, charming.
In your chart Venus exactly opposes Lilith, so there is a certain sexual attractiveness about you, even though the Venus in 12th will tend to keep it somewhat contained and on the shy side.
Mercury in pisces is weak, probably indecisive, but it is an emotional placement, you might think with your heart. And square the ascendent you might wear your heart on your sleeve.

Last edited:

Scherzy

You ask about mercury/venus while you neglected to mention mercury/moon. This is quite important, especially since moon is on the 7th cusp, opposing the ascendent. Placed in the descendent, you tend to attract emotional relationships, and with the mercury square you might have a tendency to not respect boundaries with others, so they feel like you are budding into their personal affairs. The moon is "moody", and opposing the ascendent you can come across this way to others. You might alternate between being overly talkative and being silent.
The moon is feminine, so this would give a soft, feminine aspect to the way you present yourself to others, as well as being sensitive and emotional.
Venus sextile mercury makes you a good diplomate, smooth talking and non offensive to others. It's a creative contact, and you should be a good conversationalist.
Venus in aspect with the ascendent, especially in the exact degree, gives a pleasing appearance, graceful, sociable, charming.
In your chart Venus exactly opposes Lilith, so there is a certain sexual attractiveness about you, even though the Venus in 12th will tend to keep it somewhat contained and on the shy side.
Mercury in pisces is weak, probably indecisive, but it is an emotional placement, you might think with your heart. And square the ascendent you might wear your heart on your sleeve.
Yes yes yes !

In fact, although I am very aggressive and assertive from the inside (scorpio mars), I involuntarily reflect myself soft and feminine.
I was curious about the Lilith angle because it's almost a 0 degree contrast.
I always interpreted the fact that moon was in the 7th house as money that came with partnership and rich husband, but I did not think about this size much thanks!
I always hated my much mercy! do you think mercury pisces hurt me so much?, since it is in 10.th house ...

Last edited:

ElenaJ

Nothing hurts you. It's all energy that combines to make up you.
The scorpio mars is strong, the sun/jupiter keeps you positive and upbeat.
Mercury on 10th often leads to a career that has to do with writing or communications, pisces is spiritual, intuitive, sensitive, creative, musical.

Scherzy

Nothing hurts you. It's all energy that combines to make up you.
The scorpio mars is strong, the sun/jupiter keeps you positive and upbeat.
Mercury on 10th often leads to a career that has to do with writing or communications, pisces is spiritual, intuitive, sensitive, creative, musical.

And I think in a way not related to the law department!:D
THANK YOU !

katydid

Here is why I think semi-sextile between planets and angles in your chart are important. I have a theory...:smile:

I have Venus, my chart ruler, semi-sextile my Sun. Venus @1Sag50, in 7th and the Sun @0Scorpio40.

Why is that important? Because when I have a transit to my Sun, it is also aspecting my chart ruler. So an opposition to my Sun is quincunx my chart ruler.

A sextile to my Sun is squaring my chart ruler....etc etc....

So the Venus kind of modifies transits to my Sun. If they were not semisextile to each other, thus at the same degree, they would not be connected as they are neighbours which did not see each other.

But because off the simultaneous transit aspects, they DO 'see each other' and thus have a connection. :kissing:

ElenaJ

In fact, I've always treated a semi-sextile as "neighbours", but recently I've read that many don't consider it as an aspect in horary but also in natals.

katydid

In fact, I've always treated a semi-sextile as "neighbours", but recently I've read that many don't consider it as an aspect in horary but also in natals.

I have also read where people discount semi-sextile completely, but I don't.

I have seen them play important roles in terms of Midpoint analysis.

For example, I have Sun sextile Moon in Cap. That sextile is GREATLY enhanced by Venus being at the midpoint of my Sun/Moon sextile.

Venus , ruler of my Taurus Asc, is the midpoint of the Sun/Moon sextile and it is in my 7th house.

So how would my love relationships work out? :love:

I literally had a 'love at 1st sight' experience 36 years ago---told my friend that was with me when I met this man, that I was going to marry him some day---

We married 2 years later, when Solar Arc Sun was conjunct my Venus. [they are 31 degrees apart and I was married when I was about to turn 31.]

We are still married and I am now 67. :innocent:

So I think my Semi-sextiles from Venus to the Sun, and Venus to the Moon are quite wonderful. :joyful:

Scherzy

I have also read where people discount semi-sextile completely, but I don't.

I have seen them play important roles in terms of Midpoint analysis.

For example, I have Sun sextile Moon in Cap. That sextile is GREATLY enhanced by Venus being at the midpoint of my Sun/Moon sextile.

Venus , ruler of my Taurus Asc, is the midpoint of the Sun/Moon sextile and it is in my 7th house.

So how would my love relationships work out? :love:

I literally had a 'love at 1st sight' experience 36 years ago---told my friend that was with me when I met this man, that I was going to marry him some day---

We married 2 years later, when Solar Arc Sun was conjunct my Venus. [they are 31 degrees apart and I was married when I was about to turn 31.]

We are still married and I am now 67. :innocent:

So I think my Semi-sextiles from Venus to the Sun, and Venus to the Moon are quite wonderful. :joyful:

What a lovely history !:love: