Differences between Cancer and Pisces?

Raquel

You look very Leo in all your pictures, but you're going to be more watery because your chart has all 3 watery planets (using Jupiter instead of Neptune because it's domiciled and Pluto instead of Mars because it's domiciled) in watery signs and a mutual reception by both domicile and triplicity with one of the planets already exalted, but fire empty except for Mercury in Sagittarius (which is not strongly placed on your chart in any of multiple ways it could be.) Can you also post the additional tables so I can see your Ascendant aspects by latitude and declination?

So you are saying that Jupiter being exalted in cancer it's one important aspect in my chart?

Where should I go for these additional tables?

Rebel Uranian

astro.com. The link is right on the same page as your chart. I totally overlooked it as a beginner too, and went crazy in frustration because most of the signs and houses didn't appear to describe me. Venus applying a close parallel to Uranus made a big difference in terms of where all the energy on my chart went.

Raquel

astro.com. The link is right on the same page as your chart. I totally overlooked it as a beginner too, and went crazy in frustration because most of the signs and houses didn't appear to describe me. Venus applying a close parallel to Uranus made a big difference in terms of where all the energy on my chart went.

I see myself as a Leo too, yes, but also in cancer. I'm shy at a first sight, or at least not so talkative as in a familiar/friends ambient. I'm also very suspicious, a bit lonely, like to stay at home, but also spend money :whistling: I'm not a constant and stable person in my ways. I can be sunny, and than turn into ice just with a little thing you could say.

Can you tell me too, which is my dominant planet/sign?

Attachments

• addit.pdf
    55.7 KB · Views: 38
  • birth certificate chart.gif
    birth certificate chart.gif
    49.4 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Raquel

actually I see myself much more in my Vedic position of the planets... There's also an obsessive control, paranoid and jeaslously in love... and VENUS IN SAG is not so...
In sidereal I am a Scorpio Venus, and I absolutely relate to it... but unfortunately are the worst aspects...
My moon stills in pisces in vedic... and I get sun, mars and mercury in virgo which I can also relate...
My Rising is in Leo two (with the birth certificate hour), but if I put just one hour before... is cancer 2nd decan... and my mother always said that I was born at 1.30. (Leo rising 2nd decan in western and Cancer rising 2nd decan in Sidereal)...
So, deeply, I see myself in sidereal astrology precisely vedic astrology

tokyo.lights

Hello everyone,
I want to know what are the psychological differences between Cancer and Pisces?

And if's possible too, between Cancer and Leo... (they are both generous, loving, sympathetic, Leo when reject can also get cold, both like attention, both are jealous and possessive... right? What are the DIFFERENCES? Is Leo NEVER shy for example?

:innocent:

Difference between Cancer and Pisces? A lot!! I'm with a Cancer, but sometimes I can't believe we're the same element. I'm far less afraid to be friendly/open to strangers, while Cancers carry that stranger-danger philosophy till death. I think as a Pisces I carry a naive outlook with anything new, kind of welcome it with open arms and optimistic expectations. Cancer doesn't trust anything lol, not until he's known it for a while.
But I can see why some think Cancer love is more special, as they only share it with a few people...while Pisces give it away for free. Cancer is more reliable in my experience. Overall I'd say Cancer is more gun-shy, and needs more patience. And it's harder to read their emotions. If you love change, Pisces is great for that. One day they love you, next they don't...the next they wont remember who you are....you don't know what you'll get.

Aeryn

I have Leo rising. It creates a theme around your sense of self worth. The arrogance/pride/confidence that's often associated with Leo can be a result of covering up such insecurities. If you sense that to be appropriate with you then that's another point for Leo rising.

The ascendant also determines the first gut reaction. Analyze your behaviour in surprising circumstances and find your ascendant.

Leo is self-centered and fire (action). First gut reaction could be driven by a quick analysis on how the event affects you and what ACTION can be taken to get things rolling in the right direction.

Cancer I would expect to react differently. It's mutable and therefore flexible and doesn't like to step on other's toes (regardless of whether a following analysis then makes you act more selfishly) and it's water (emotion) so it might be more likely to do what FEELS right.

In that surprise moment, is your first gut reaction driven by your need to take action or driven by your gut instinct?

I find another way to determine an asc is by trying to figure out the desc instead! What kind of people are you drawn to? Not necessarily romantically but casually, too! Who makes you feel like they complete you? Look at your friends:

Leo rising - Aquarius Descendant: Do you like the odd birds? The rebels? The chaotic types? The weirdly intelligent ones? The activists?
Cancer rising - Capricorn Descendant: Are you drawn to hard workers? The organized and disciplined ones? The practical ones? Those who stick around to see the task done where others give up?

Hope this helps!

sequestra

Cancer I would expect to react differently. It's mutable and therefore flexible and doesn't like to step on other's toes (regardless of whether a following analysis then makes you act more selfishly) and it's water (emotion) so it might be more likely to do what FEELS right.

Do you mean pisces? Cancer is cardinal, pisces mutable.

I find another way to determine an asc is by trying to figure out the desc instead! What kind of people are you drawn to? Not necessarily romantically but casually, too! Who makes you feel like they complete you?

Mmm that's a really good point, as many of us seem to be more consciously aware of what we are drawn to in others than we are of our behavior 'to the world' on a first-impression basis; so, other peoples initial impressions might be of benefit in determination too.

Aeryn

Do you mean pisces? Cancer is cardinal, pisces mutable.
Argh! Brainfart. You're right of course. Adjust interpretation accordingly. ^^;

Also, cancers often retreat into their shell during troubled times. Analyze your fight or flight response: are you more fight (leo/fire/action) or flight (cancer)?

I had many cancer friends for a while and they drove me up the wall because they would always disappear for days to process their troubles before they'd finally talk to me about them...

All my Leo friends talk about their problems effortlessly.

Last edited:

persephone5

I think it can be really hard to tell some peoples' ascendants in cases like this where the moon is in the same element that their rising has a possibility of residing.

You could be identifying with cancer rising because of your moon in pisces. Do you feel strongly watery or do you sense a balance of fire inside as well? Do you have any forces antagonizing your ascendant? Or a strong force that is very opposite in expression?

For a while I thought my rising sign was wrong. According to birth certificate my rising is 4 degrees leo. At first I thought it was awesome because it seemed a cool sign, but then I wondered how it could be accurate.

I am a very shy, introverted, private person. Growing up I was EXTREMELY shy to the point of phobia.

But, my sun, mercury and jupiter are in Scorpio. My moon and mars are in Capricorn. That right there indicates a shy and introverted private person.

Adding to that, I have saturn conjunct pluto square to my ascendant and saturn and pluto square my moon. (which is why I asked if there were stronger forces interacting with your ascendant)

I come off as scorpio, capricorn, cancer or even virgo I am sure if you were to ask people. I hide my leo side in most ways.

But it is there on the inside, trying to get out. Because of the opposing scorpio/capricorn influences I don't feel comfortable expressing a lot of the leo traits one associates with the sign. It doesn't mean I don't feel those things or that I don't want to express them though.

Do you feel any leo traits regardless of whether or not you express them? Or do you feel more strongly attuned to cancer? How strong is your pisces side?

I would normally assume someone with libra and leo strong would be outgoing. How does your libra express itself? Since you have strong libra placements, you could have cancer rising if you are really shy and introverted. I am probably complicating matters.

My point is it is not always easy to figure out.

I would think that by really contemplating it as a whole--how you FEEL--it might be more clear. If you feel the water influence much more strongly, if you feel your quiet side outweighs your more social sides, then maybe you are cancer rising.

However, maybe if you feel your shyer side is but one small part of you, and you feel the outgoing social aspects to be far stronger, then maybe you are leo rising. You will still have that quieter side because of moon in pisces. But it could be much much stronger with cancer rising.

For instance, I have two extremely private and quiet signs and one outgoing placement. Now, overwhelmingly I am quiet, but I do have a more outgoing side and a need to be social. I have a feeling if I were actually cancer rising I probably wouldn't have that need for social outlets nearly as much because all three of the "biggies" would be quiet signs.

So contemplating the balance could be a key.

Raquel

I think it can be really hard to tell some peoples' ascendants in cases like this where the moon is in the same element that their rising has a possibility of residing.

You could be identifying with cancer rising because of your moon in pisces. Do you feel strongly watery or do you sense a balance of fire inside as well? Do you have any forces antagonizing your ascendant? Or a strong force that is very opposite in expression?

For a while I thought my rising sign was wrong. According to birth certificate my rising is 4 degrees leo. At first I thought it was awesome because it seemed a cool sign, but then I wondered how it could be accurate.

I am a very shy, introverted, private person. Growing up I was EXTREMELY shy to the point of phobia.

But, my sun, mercury and jupiter are in Scorpio. My moon and mars are in Capricorn. That right there indicates a shy and introverted private person.

Adding to that, I have saturn conjunct pluto square to my ascendant and saturn and pluto square my moon. (which is why I asked if there were stronger forces interacting with your ascendant)

I come off as scorpio, capricorn, cancer or even virgo I am sure if you were to ask people. I hide my leo side in most ways.

But it is there on the inside, trying to get out. Because of the opposing scorpio/capricorn influences I don't feel comfortable expressing a lot of the leo traits one associates with the sign. It doesn't mean I don't feel those things or that I don't want to express them though.

Do you feel any leo traits regardless of whether or not you express them? Or do you feel more strongly attuned to cancer? How strong is your pisces side?

I would normally assume someone with libra and leo strong would be outgoing. How does your libra express itself? Since you have strong libra placements, you could have cancer rising if you are really shy and introverted. I am probably complicating matters.

My point is it is not always easy to figure out.

I would think that by really contemplating it as a whole--how you FEEL--it might be more clear. If you feel the water influence much more strongly, if you feel your quiet side outweighs your more social sides, then maybe you are cancer rising.

However, maybe if you feel your shyer side is but one small part of you, and you feel the outgoing social aspects to be far stronger, then maybe you are leo rising. You will still have that quieter side because of moon in pisces. But it could be much much stronger with cancer rising.

For instance, I have two extremely private and quiet signs and one outgoing placement. Now, overwhelmingly I am quiet, but I do have a more outgoing side and a need to be social. I have a feeling if I were actually cancer rising I probably wouldn't have that need for social outlets nearly as much because all three of the "biggies" would be quiet signs.

So contemplating the balance could be a key.

My moon is in Pisces and I relate to it (90 %),
Growing up I remember being very shy with other kids also, I cried allot holding my mom before going to the kindergarden... because I have always this feeling to be the "black sheep", always left aside.
I'm a kind person, i don't like confrontations, unless I'm very irritated with something or someone.
I'm not a social type. I like to be at home. I like to be at peace, and that, I find alone just with myself.
I like to write, and think about life, I'm mory the dreamy idealistic type.
I'm very humble also, and also individualistic.
I really don't know.
I'm generous but not in a prodigal way, but also jealous sometimes because I'm very insecure. Very suspicious also, when I meet new people I'm always judging them in my mind, and always thinking that they have bad/nasty intentions....:bandit:

I see in me, much more water than I see in fact in my birth chart.
I'm overemotional,but I can show a really cold side when hurted. I'm a bit revengefull also, and that I have since I was a kid.
I'm not optimistic too.

About guys, untill now... I had always guys with strong scorpio influence... My husband has Cancer moon... maybe for that it's possible that I'm cancer rising, that's why maybe he chose me :biggrin:

Rebel Uranian

The difference people are describing between the Cancer and Pisces stereotypes is that Cancer is very Sensing (Jungian function) and Pisces is very Intuitive (Jungian function). But, based on that, they're not going to get along well, even if they are trine...

I find the 12 stereotypes irritating. Does anyone with resources and/or ideas want to do a real, generally scientific analysis of the differences between the signs?

Last edited:

SniperBomber328

I find the 12 stereotypes irritating. Does anyone with resources and/or ideas want to do a real, generally scientific analysis of the differences between the signs?

I'll start. I have Sun, Mercury, Pluto, Mars and my AC all in Scorpio. I can tell you this. I am in no way exactly like the typical sterotypes. I even have my Ac and Sun in the 1st decan, yet my features are nothing like a Scorpio.

Not dark skinned (or toned), I do not have curly or black hair and my eyes are not dark. I do NOT posses the character traits commonly associated with the typical Scorpio i.e. obssession, manipulation nor' the need to be desired or desire. Scorpio's keyword is "I desire", yet I feel as if though this keyword does not fit me.

I understand that every sign has its common archetype traits, but sometimes they can be too general for interpretation. Then again I am the type that believes in looking at the chart as a whole rather at a single aspect.

ImNotThere9

I have the Sun, Mars and Saturn in Pisces (the latter two conjunct in my fifth house). This influence would be intolerably potent did my Moon and Mercury not form a close conjunction in Aquarius, also in the fifth house. I believe this adds stability and reason, tempering beautifully what might have been something of an emotional morass. I do not identify with any one sign, but I probably exemplify the qualities of Aquarius far more faithfully than those of Pisces.
Pluto is also beleaguered in my chart. It receives an aspect from everything but Jupiter and appears in my third house, affecting communication. I seldom speak to those with whom I am not terribly familiar; I maintain a rather marmoreal reticence until I am sure that I am in the presence of someone trustworthy or kindred.

My stellium in the house of Leo adds itself to this blend also. I think this affects my appearance the most. I am reasonably tall (about six foot), I am told that I am broad-shouldered, and although I am very pale I seem to exude a robustness to people.

I have Cancer for Midheaven; I notice that women sometimes adopt a maternal approach to me, which is peculiar. Perhaps this works in tandem with my Descendant in Aries conjunct by Venus to produce or enhance certain child-like qualities in my nature, which women can perceive.

Last edited:

Rebel Uranian

@SniperBomber - How about throwing those back into Libra?

@ImNotThere - Saturn in Aquarius (sidereal) is a very potent influence. Of course you notice it better. But, according to my perceptions, Aquarius is in a lot of ways less stable than Pisces. What is Aquarius? Air. What is Pisces? Water. Holding water in your cupped hands is considered very difficult, but no one even thinks to hold air in their cupped hands.

SniperBomber328

@SniperBomber - How about throwing those back into Libra?

You mean Sidereal? No only do the planets in my former post go to Libra, but so does Jupiter and my Asc. My Venus would then form a Mutual reception with Mercury in Libra (cause Venus would be in Virgo). My Saturn will move towards Capricorn and my Moon will move towards Aquarius along with my PoF. Neptune and Uranus remain in Capricorn.

I don't think I associate with the Librain archetype either. Besides should I use sidereal, my chart will be more angular, and it's angular as it is. I want some stability i.e. the succeedent houses.

Rebel Uranian

How about doing away with the archetypes entirely? They're all highly self-contradictory and based more on an emphasis on an aspect of perception (example: Libra is either antagonistic or diplomatic, Aquarius is either friends with all or an enemy of humanity) than actual aspects of things (Librans and Aquarians are gregarious and friendly, their opposite signs Aries and Leos are sort of Type As) themselves. I myself fit none of the twelve, but I'm strange.

Moog

I find it's better to think primarily of the signs in relation to the planets ruling them. The differences between Cancer and Pisces are derived from the differences between the Moon and Jupiter.