interracial relationships

rmorote

Hi Mr Leo,

I would say that a person with a Sag descendant and with maybe Jupiter in that 7th house would lean toward a person from a foriegn country. Interracial might be a mutable sign on the 7th.. Rex Bils says "racial ideas" is a 9th house issue and that one's race is a first house issue. I guess its a tough call.. not easy to detect. I will keep digging..

MSO

Maybe Uranus has something to do with it?

I have a trine between Uranus and Venus and I love "different" women. Not just in personality, but the less "normal" they are the better. For instance, if I was in a room with all Hawaiin girls, I'd be longing for a non-Hawaiin girl. Even though I'd like a non-Hawaiin girl any other time. Haha!

waybread

If you've got Leo rising, you have Aquarius on your DC. This is one indicator of being attracted to women who look different from the norm, what ever the "norm" might be. What's up with your Venus and Uranus, however?

Also, with a Pisces moon, if it is in the 7th house, then its house ruler is Uranus. This would heighten a "different and unusual" factor. If your moon isn the 8th house with Pisces on the cusp, check out Neptune.

multiple

Account Closed
I have a sag dc and yes i'm definitely attracted to foreign races, for me the more exotic ,the better! thats not to say i'm not attracted to people who are ethically from my own country but I just tend to favour women who are from other countries, usually people who are latin or from the tropics.

Lion o ness

I have a sag dc and yes i'm definitely attracted to foreign races, for me the more exotic ,the better! thats not to say i'm not attracted to people who are ethically from my own country but I just tend to favour women who are from other countries, usually people who are latin or from the tropics.

I have Uranus in the 7th...
Uranus sextiles my Leo Stellium..
My chart ruler neptune is in the 9th (in Sag)
Aqua rules my 12th house
MC is at Sag
Jupiter in Sag

I only date Hispanic men. Period...

divine g

Banned
I also have Aquarius on my Dsc. Im pretty much attracted to all races of women, but Im most especially attracted to ones different from my own. I think Uranus ruling my Dsc also attracts to me the rebellious type of women who likes to experiment and shock people, so most women of other races Im into are mutually interested. I just like things that are different from the norm. So I think it's a Uranus thing, more than a Jupiter thing. (Bc you can like other races without going overseas to find them, you know? Plus Jupiter is more of ideas, philosophy, and religion thing, and Uranus rules social norms. Alot of the stigma of interracial dating is what your social group would think about it.) I think it's more of a modern-day, non-traditional thing, as opposed to the past where you can pretty much get killed for dating outside of your race.

With that being said, since we're all in the age of Aquarius, this may be a trend for a while, bigger than just the natal chart.

Last edited:

herokangta

I am myself interested in foreigners. Although I think they are not attracted to me. Is there any signs in the chart tell you that? :happy:
I have no planets in 7th house in Aries. The 7th house ruler makes a trine with 9th house and 2nd house ruler. My Juno is in 9th house in Cancer makes an exact square with Jupiter jovial in 12th house.

MrLeo

thank you for the replies....i have a leo asc with an aq dc...the ruler of my 7th is obviously aq with no planets but uranus in sag 23 deg is in the 5th house that has a sesquisquare to venus in leo 8 deg in the 1st house..yeah im manly attacted to darker features or exotic types

waybread

Well, said Templeton. I was going to suggest that people get beyond superficial stereotypes and focus on human beings as individuals. But I've been accused of moralizing, so I didn't.

Osamenor

Staff member
Basically, the indicators are the same as what would suggest marriage to a foreigner. Pairings between people of different ethnic backgrounds are foreign enough for astrological purposes.

Aquarius and/or Uranian indicators dealing with the seventh house would indicate something unusual about your relationships and the way you do them. If interracial relationships are unusual for the social milieu you live in, then they'd qualify. If they're not, then they might not be particularly Aquarian/Uranian just because they're interracial, although you could certainly have a relationship that is unusual or quirky and also an interracial one.

waybread

Two people of different ethnic backgrounds may nonetheless be native-born citizens of the same country. This might go back generations. They may have grown up together in the same community. They may not experience one another as "other."

This gets to be kind of a problem if we think of the querent as the "real" member of the society and someone of a different ethnic background, however long the family has resided in the country, as "foreign."

[Just catching up on Grey's Anatomy on Netflix, and there's a "gotcha" moment when a fellow intern assumes that Dr. Christina Yang will be fluent in Chinese. Yang explains that she was born in Beverly Hills, and her ethnic background is Korean. Her step-dad is Jewish, the religion in which she was raised. Her boyfriend is African American.]

So who is the foreigner? Who is the "other"?

Osamenor

Staff member
Two people of different ethnic backgrounds may nonetheless be native-born citizens of the same country. This might go back generations. They may have grown up together in the same community. They may not experience one another as "other."

This gets to be kind of a problem if we think of the querent as the "real" member of the society and someone of a different ethnic background, however long the family has resided in the country, as "foreign."

[Just catching up on Grey's Anatomy on Netflix, and there's a "gotcha" moment when a fellow intern assumes that Dr. Christina Yang will be fluent in Chinese. Yang explains that she was born in Beverly Hills, and her ethnic background is Korean. Her step-dad is Jewish, the religion in which she was raised. Her boyfriend is African American.]

So who is the foreigner? Who is the "other"?
They're both other. And they might not see themselves, or each other, as other. Which is how it should be, really.

The indicators of marriage to a foreigner - Jupiter and/or its signs involved in the seventh house - could just as easily mean, if this is an American couple, that one is from the east coast and the other is from the west coast. We don't usually consider that to be "other," but it's astrologically foreign enough. By the same token, a racially mixed relationship would fit that Jupiterian picture, ideally without any othering taking place.

waybread

They're both other. And they might not see themselves, or each other, as other. Which is how it should be, really.

The indicators of marriage to a foreigner - Jupiter and/or its signs involved in the seventh house - could just as easily mean, if this is an American couple, that one is from the east coast and the other is from the west coast. We don't usually consider that to be "other," but it's astrologically foreign enough. By the same token, a racially mixed relationship would fit that Jupiterian picture, ideally without any othering taking place.

I really wonder how well this astrology of marrying foreigners works. I get the concept, but question whether, in today's world of much greater mobility and many fewer cross-cultural barriers than existed in the past, whether the old formulae work so well. It used to be said that something like the ruler of the 7th in the 9th, or the ruler of the 9th in the 7th house would be a good indication of marriage (7th) to a foreigner (9th).

I married two foreigners, my ex (Jewish and from Canada prior to my emigration from the US,) and my husband (from the English community of South Africa) but I don't have this 9th/7th house involvement.

I do have Pisces on my descendant but I don't think Jupiter ruling the 7th or in the 7th alone would do it, because Jupiter could be located in a house with no real relationship to anything foreign. (I have Jupiter in the 4th house of home.)

Arithmetically (and disallowing different lengths of time for the rising of ascendant signs) we'd get roughly 1/6 of the human population with Jupiter-ruled Pisces or Sagittarius on the cusp of the 7th, and roughly 1/12 of the population with Jupiter in the 7th house. That's roughly 3/12 or one quarter of the entire world population marrying a foreigner, which is demographically untenable.

Not to mention Jupiter's multiple meanings. Jupiter in the 7th might mean marrying a professor or minister. Or just someone with a jovial personality.

It's a tricky business. :unsure:

Osamenor

Staff member
(7th) to a foreigner (9th).

I married two foreigners, my ex (Jewish and from Canada prior to my emigration from the US,) and my husband (from the English community of South Africa) but I don't have this 9th/7th house involvement.

I do have Pisces on my descendant but I don't think Jupiter ruling the 7th or in the 7th alone would do it, because Jupiter could be located in a house with no real relationship to anything foreign. (I have Jupiter in the 4th house of home.)
And you moved countries. And your marriage to a Canadian was, I take it, either what enabled you to move or, if not that, a result of your move?

Sounds like Jupiter's hand on the fourth and seventh houses to me.

Not to mention Jupiter's multiple meanings. Jupiter in the 7th might mean marrying a professor or minister. Or just someone with a jovial personality.

It's a tricky business. :unsure:
Exactly. Those indicators don't guarantee the native will marry a foreigner. They just weight the odds in favor of something along those lines. It can, as you point out, just as easily be something else Jupiterian.

waybread

And you moved countries. And your marriage to a Canadian was, I take it, either what enabled you to move or, if not that, a result of your move?

Sounds like Jupiter's hand on the fourth and seventh houses to me.

Exactly. Those indicators don't guarantee the native will marry a foreigner. They just weight the odds in favor of something along those lines. It can, as you point out, just as easily be something else Jupiterian.

I was living in the US when I married my ex husband. We were grad students at the time: he had moved from Canada to the same American university where I studied. We both subsequently became university faculty. Very Jupiterian, but I think the higher education connection was a lot stronger than the foreign country connection. He is Jewish and I converted to Judaism prior to our marriage, as this was important to him. Conventional religion is also very 9th house. But not a connection in my own horoscope.

Actually, I was the one who got a job offer in Canada. My ex-husband basically came as a spousal hire. We subsequently divorced.

I married my husband after I moved to Canada. He was originally from South Africa. Also a professor, as I was.

But I have no real 9th house connection in either case; which I learned was what one looks for, in these lower-order questions about marrying a "foreigner;" or the male who prefers "exotic" [to him] women, which is sort of racist, if we think about it. Nobody is "exotic" to him- or herself, unless s/he's learned to cash in on it.

The deeper meaning of the 9th house is experiences that expand our mental horizons. This could mean foreign travel or encounters with foreigners. But it can also mean mind-expanding studies of unrelated sorts.

Jupiter itself has so many alternative meanings. Jupiter is normally the good luck factor or the Santa Claus of the zodiac, so Jupiter in the 7th might simply mean a fortunate committed relationship; or even someone with a prominent Jupiter in his/her own horoscope. Or Sagittarius rising.

But maybe this is a good argument for looking at traditional rulers as well as modern ones. With Pisces on my DC, none of my marital and educational history would make sense if we restriced Pisces to just a Neptune rulership.

CapAquaPis

I'm a child of a man who came to the US (So CA) from Europe (northern-most France) who married (and later divorced) a woman who is white Anglo born and raised in this state and country who had some Osage/Cherokee ancestry or a partial Native American. My Dad later had 2 of 3 wives who were black, one is an African-American and the most recent one is from Africa (Tanzania) with an Indian or Pakistani connection. And his first wive who had my half-sister has a German/white background, but my half-sis converted to (Reform) Judaism, and now I have a GF who's French-Canadian from Montreal, Quebec with a father and grandmother of Lebanese descent, from the Middle East but are (Eastern Orthodox) Christians.

I have a sun and moon in 8th in Aquarius, then there's the Neptune in 6th or in 22' Sagittarius, the degree of immigrants/ foreigners/different cultures. The 8th is said to represent ethnicities, minorities and diasporas, noting I live where the population has large Hispanic and similarly large Asian-American communities.

I have to point out Humanity itself is a mixture of different races and groups from different places migrating from one area to another for tens of thousands of years...it's in our genetic makeup and our family genealogy. I don't have a need to fetishize people (in my case, women) from another race different from mine, but I understand preferences, interests and fascinations we seek in dates or others when we fall in love with them, then maybe marry or have kids with.