NN-SN dilemma in synastry!

Julia Karmic Astrology

Well,that's good to know.Thank you.

But what I don't understand,what do you mean with "wounds",and how could they manifest in my life? I definitely do recognize myself as a spiritual person,but I know that I'm capable of a lot more than where I am at the moment,so I'm working on that.
I actually don't follow any known Religions in this life,I created my own from the information and experiences I have/had.Of course it will be work in progress for ever because I don't want to limit myself from living a happy and free life,so thats for the religion part.

"Wounding attitude"? So I am/was a douchebag?

"Ethics"?Hmm,well I definitely have a good amount of moral (not religious) ethics,but I think that's just my Virgo moon having some fun while picking the best person possible.
I mean,those are my personal ethics.If somebody is fine with getting sh*tfaced every weekend,that's their thing and I won't be an *** to them,it's their life.
We probably couldn't be friend because I don't want to surround myself with people like them,but I let them live their lifes.

"Connecting to the divine" What would you suggest here? Meditation would be the easiest way,right?

Rik

The chart you posted is somewhat difficult to read, but it appears you have quite a line up of planets and your SN in 9h Sag. This means that a search for meaning has been important to you in many past lives, and is quite important in this life as well. You will be searching for answers and understanding with your rational mind. In past lives you went off on some tangents and were not focused (SN Sag), but the goal is in this life is to spiritualize that learning, to live it every day, and integrate it into your self system (Sag Sun).

Your Virgo Moon is showing us that in recent past lives you were of service, analytical and orderly. Virgo energy is typically not searching for meaning, nor is it adrift. This is energy which has a strong inner belief system already, and is focused upon being out in the field, being of service, rather than pursing theoretical abstractions.

The natal chart shows the karma, past lives and energy brought forward into this life. However because of free will and other influences, it is not possible to determine how each soul will manifest this energy in a current incarnation. But in general a Chronic wound as shown by a 9h and Sag placement and your SN located there as well, we can see many past lives where this soul searched for religious and philosophical meaning. This was the eternal student who suffered for it. For example you may have been involved in a religious order that was victimized because of beliefs. There may have been a feeling that God had abandoned you. There is some sort of karmic pain around these issues, and perhaps you can give this some thought.

In this life it might play out that some sort of belief you hold causes harm to self or others, or blocks growth in this life. With all the Chiron and nodal interaspects this all seems tied up with your current relationship somehow.

Basically we have all been douchebags. Sad to say, but it is the truth. We have all been saints as well as sinners, gone to the light and dark sides of life. We will all evolve eventually, and join the Divine, but there are many lessons and detours along the way. As part of that process we have total free will and our angels and guides will let us dive head first into the gates of Hell if we so desire as part of our learning process.

Meditation is a most excellent way to connect to Spirit, and calm the human self. This along with daily deep breathing. This does not have to be elaborate or difficult. 10 to 15 minutes a day is good. You may want to experiment with other activities as well. Prayer, mindfullness, music. For myself, music pops open the heart chakra. This is energy that can be used for healing self and others.

The situation for you is to explore and understand various belief systems, but at some point it must be integrated into the Self, and turned into daily practice. The Self is to be spiritualized.

To practice a spiritual life is not as difficult as you would think. Most of us are not going to be Mother Teresa, Gandhi, Martin Luther King, etc. We don’t have to be saints to live a more enlightened spiritual life. A goal would be to get up each day, and putting one foot in front of the other, and try to do the right thing. This does not mean being a victim or martyr, or not being human. Most of us are not meant to be Zen Monks, but humans who go about their daily routine of work, raising a family, etc. Two of my friends are earth angels. One is a realtor, the other a beautician. They go out of their way to do a good job, to be helpful and kind. And have helped people who were distraught with issues around their home or hair. This may sound mundane, but it is not. One client was suicidal about her house situation, and the realtor sorted it all out satisfactorily. The beautician has helped women with medically related hair problems, with a great improvement to the client’s self esteem and social interaction. These two friends are not saints, they are human, make mistakes, etc. But overall their presence on the planet is a plus, not a neutral or minus.

Think about this. The current population of the earth is estimated to be 7.6 billion people. What if a tiny fraction of that number, say 1% of the population, 76 million got up every day and tried to do the right thing for that one day, whatever their walk of life or station? I would think it would create positive spirals.

Julia

Rik

The chart you posted is somewhat difficult to read, but it appears you have quite a line up of planets and your SN in 9h Sag. This means that a search for meaning has been important to you in many past lives, and is quite important in this life as well. You will be searching for answers and understanding with your rational mind. In past lives you went off on some tangents and were not focused (SN Sag), but the goal is in this life is to spiritualize that learning, to live it every day, and integrate it into your self system (Sag Sun).

Your Virgo Moon is showing us that in recent past lives you were of service, analytical and orderly. Virgo energy is typically not searching for meaning, nor is it adrift. This is energy which has a strong inner belief system already, and is focused upon being out in the field, being of service, rather than pursing theoretical abstractions.

The natal chart shows the karma, past lives and energy brought forward into this life. However because of free will and other influences, it is not possible to determine how each soul will manifest this energy in a current incarnation. But in general a Chronic wound as shown by a 9h and Sag placement and your SN located there as well, we can see many past lives where this soul searched for religious and philosophical meaning. This was the eternal student who suffered for it. For example you may have been involved in a religious order that was victimized because of beliefs. There may have been a feeling that God had abandoned you. There is some sort of karmic pain around these issues, and perhaps you can give this some thought.

In this life it might play out that some sort of belief you hold causes harm to self or others, or blocks growth in this life. With all the Chiron and nodal interaspects this all seems tied up with your current relationship somehow.

Basically we have all been douchebags. Sad to say, but it is the truth. We have all been saints as well as sinners, gone to the light and dark sides of life. We will all evolve eventually, and join the Divine, but there are many lessons and detours along the way. As part of that process we have total free will and our angels and guides will let us dive head first into the gates of Hell if we so desire as part of our learning process.

Meditation is a most excellent way to connect to Spirit, and calm the human self. This along with daily deep breathing. This does not have to be elaborate or difficult. 10 to 15 minutes a day is good. You may want to experiment with other activities as well. Prayer, mindfullness, music. For myself, music pops open the heart chakra. This is energy that can be used for healing self and others.

The situation for you is to explore and understand various belief systems, but at some point it must be integrated into the Self, and turned into daily practice. The Self is to be spiritualized.

To practice a spiritual life is not as difficult as you would think. Most of us are not going to be Mother Teresa, Gandhi, Martin Luther King, etc. We don’t have to be saints to live a more enlightened spiritual life. A goal would be to get up each day, and putting one foot in front of the other, and try to do the right thing. This does not mean being a victim or martyr, or not being human. Most of us are not meant to be Zen Monks, but humans who go about their daily routine of work, raising a family, etc. Two of my friends are earth angels. One is a realtor, the other a beautician. They go out of their way to do a good job, to be helpful and kind. And have helped people who were distraught with issues around their home or hair. This may sound mundane, but it is not. One client was suicidal about her house situation, and the realtor sorted it all out satisfactorily. The beautician has helped women with medically related hair problems, with a great improvement to the client’s self esteem and social interaction. These two friends are not saints, they are human, make mistakes, etc. But overall their presence on the planet is a plus, not a neutral or minus.

Think about this. The current population of the earth is estimated to be 7.6 billion people. What if a tiny fraction of that number, say 1% of the population, 76 million got up every day and tried to do the right thing for that one day, whatever their walk of life or station? I would think it would create positive spirals.

Julia

I really couldn't wish for a better mother.
She's highly spiritual and has healing powers and medium abilities as well...
Since I was very young,probably somewhere around 11-12 she raised me and my siblings very spiritually and guided us into the spiritual world.(is it possible that I already found and healed myself at that young of an age,and thats the reason why i can't find THAT one exact thing?)
I know that I have inherited healing and medium capabilities thanks to my mother,many professionals already supported this theory,or let's call it a fact.
My Mom actually predicted the death of many People in her environment,and she can also read people,even from Photos!
With the Power she has,she also made a Professor degree.Yes,things like that are possible.
She's also highly intuitive.
So pretty much the perfect mother for me in this life <3

I'm actually not really deep into this relationship,so knowing that something holds me back is already a step to the healing.
I dont exactly know what it could be,but I think it's quite safe to say that it isn't my belief.Its not something like the very known religions,like "don't have sex before marriage" or "don't drink alcohol".I just build up my theory about Faith,Karma and reincarnation,how angels and that higher light-power in general are trying to message us,where we should head and why.So it does not restrict me in any way,I actually can get very upset about highly religious people because they're restricting themselves from this beautiful life.I don't attack them for their beliefs,I just try to stay as far away from them as possible,so I can keep as much peace in this world as possible.I think and feel like this is the best way to handle this situation.Its of course also always changeable,so if I find more information or meanings about this kind of things,I like to integrate it into my belief system.
Could this belief only be religious,or also moral,about ethics etc?

I live quite high up with the "live and let live" theory,BUT only until you dont hurt anybody else with your beliefs/behavior,because that's the moment when I think everybody has the right to get into this persons life and tell his/her opinion about it,as well as give advice and try to help.

I definitely do love to search and study about religions,even when not believing in it.
Same with the past in general,be it 12000 years before Christ or 500 years ago.
But I'm also fascinated how far humanity has come,and by the homosapiens as well.

It seems so natural for some people to speak several languages,but it isn't!
I'm actually speaking 4 languages and I'm about to start with the 5th in the near future,which I personally find fascinating.
Just making sounds with your mouth in the right order and the other person understands it! That so unbelievable!
Same with writing!
Painting some weird shapes on a piece of paper and the other person understands it!
It sound so unbelievable,right? :)

I thank you SO much for this TON of information,for nothing! You just spend minutes and minutes on me,that you will never get back again.
Thats a huge Honour for me,thank you.
Rik

Julia Karmic Astrology

I think only the hard aspects count when you are talking about North and south nodes.

The "easy" aspects to the nodes count in karmic astrology. The nodal axis is so important that we examine all aspects to it, and even go wide in terms of orbs.

(I once read somewhere that the so called easy aspects will send you to hell faster than the hard ones! It may have been a joke, but maybe not! :) )

Julia Karmic Astrology

I really couldn't wish for a better mother.
She's highly spiritual and has healing powers and medium abilities as well...
Since I was very young,probably somewhere around 11-12 she raised me and my siblings very spiritually and guided us into the spiritual world.(is it possible that I already found and healed myself at that young of an age,and thats the reason why i can't find THAT one exact thing?)

Hi Rik,

Wow, what a great Mom. The perfect mother for you.
I think this may be possible to some extent, yes. Your highly spiritualized childhood and mothering healed some of your karmic wound. It is also possible that a transit in later life may activate some of the wound, we tend to revisit significant karmic issues during our life span for the purpose of further healing and integration. Keep and eye out for transits involving Chiron.

I know that I have inherited healing and medium capabilities thanks to my mother,many professionals already supported this theory,or let's call it a fact. My Mom actually predicted the death of many People in her environment,and she can also read people,even from Photos! With the Power she has,she also made a Professor degree.Yes,things like that are possible. She's also highly intuitive. So pretty much the perfect mother for me in this life <3

Yes she is. Your goal in this life was to take all your philosophical and religious learning from past lives and integrate them into a daily spirituality. You chose the perfect mother for this life goal. Good job. (We chose our families prior to each incarnation.)

actually not really deep into this relationship,so knowing that something holds me back is already a step to the healing.

You can be soul mates or from the same soul group, but it doesn’t necessarily mean you are meant to be together long term. So take your time to determine the suitability of the relationship.

I dont exactly know what it could be,but I think it's quite safe to say that it isn't my belief.Its not something like the very known religions,like "don't have sex before marriage" or "don't drink alcohol".I just build up my theory about Faith,Karma and reincarnation,how angels and that higher light-power in general are trying to message us,where we should head and why.So it does not restrict me in any way,I actually can get very upset about highly religious people because they're restricting themselves from this beautiful life.

Actually this is the kind of thing I am talking about Rik. Your anger I believe is from past lives and reflects that you were in this kind of situation in the past. A religious belief blocking progress and causing pain. Restrictive dogma fenced you in somehow. And in this life you chose the perfect mother to free you up from the confines of man made religious zealotry.

I don't attack them for their beliefs,I just try to stay as far away from them as possible,so I can keep as much peace in this world as possible.I think and feel like this is the best way to handle this situation.

Earth is a one room school house, teaming with souls at all levels of development. Everyone is at a different level, path or life journey. That said, I think that souls further along on the path, find it difficult to understand or tolerate the daily violence and evil we see.

of course also always changeable,so if I find more information or meanings about this kind of things,I like to integrate it into my belief system. Could this belief only be religious,or also moral,about ethics etc?

Yes Sag/9h covers ethics as well as religion, philosophy, etc.

I live quite high up with the "live and let live" theory,BUT only until you dont hurt anybody else with your beliefs/behavior,because that's the moment when I think everybody has the right to get into this persons life and tell his/her opinion about it,as well as give advice and try to help.

This is a fine line to walk and I struggle with it. On the one hand we need to respect where other people are on their soul journey. On the other hand, we are not meant to be silent when evil takes place. Even Jesus became angry with the money changers and cast them from the temple courts.

I have spent many past lives on the mountain top, away from others in isolation, engaging in contemplation, prayer and meditation. I miss this kind of life a great deal, but in this life I am clearly meant to be boots on the ground, out in the field being of service to others, up to my ears in the human reality (6/12 Pisces/Virgo Nodal Axis). From a very young age, despite having very restrictive parents, I was quite outspoken (3h Mars in Scorpio, inconjunct Jupiter in Aries) about events around me that were not right. The Viet Nam War, civil and women’s rights, etc. So on the one hand, I try not to judge. On the other hand, I speak out when ever I can against when people who are causing the planet to de-evolve. The goal is to evolve as souls, and as a planet. It will happen of course, but I am impatient at times.

I definitely do love to search and study about religions,even when not believing in it. Same with the past in general,be it 12000 years before Christ or 500 years ago. But I'm also fascinated how far humanity has come,and by the homosapiens as well.

I agree, this is all so fascinating. You might want to read a bit out the Sumerian culture, which existed 6000 years ago. A very advanced, highly intelligent and innovative society which seem to appear suddenly. They invented astrology, as well as math, language, writing, modern farming techniques, architecture, etc etc.

it seems so natural for some people to speak several languages,but it isn't!
I'm actually speaking 4 languages and I'm about to start with the 5th in the near future,which I personally find fascinating. Just making sounds with your mouth in the right order and the other person understands it! That so unbelievable!Same with writing! Painting some weird shapes on a piece of paper and the other person understands it! It sound so unbelievable,right? :)

You might take a look at your natal chart to spot the placements accounting for your strong acumen with languages. Which signs, planets, houses will show this talent? If you are stuck I will give you hints.

thank you SO much for this TON of information,for nothing! You just spend minutes and minutes on me,that you will never get back again.
Thats a huge Honour for me,thank you.
Rik

You are welcome, it is my pleasure and honor.

Julia

Rik

Hi Rik,

Wow, what a great Mom. The perfect mother for you.
I think this may be possible to some extent, yes. Your highly spiritualized childhood and mothering healed some of your karmic wound. It is also possible that a transit in later life may activate some of the wound, we tend to revisit significant karmic issues during our life span for the purpose of further healing and integration. Keep and eye out for transits involving Chiron.

Yes she is. Your goal in this life was to take all your philosophical and religious learning from past lives and integrate them into a daily spirituality. You chose the perfect mother for this life goal. Good job. (We chose our families prior to each incarnation.)

You can be soul mates or from the same soul group, but it doesn’t necessarily mean you are meant to be together long term. So take your time to determine the suitability of the relationship.

Actually this is the kind of thing I am talking about Rik. Your anger I believe is from past lives and reflects that you were in this kind of situation in the past. A religious belief blocking progress and causing pain. Restrictive dogma fenced you in somehow. And in this life you chose the perfect mother to free you up from the confines of man made religious zealotry.

Earth is a one room school house, teaming with souls at all levels of development. Everyone is at a different level, path or life journey. That said, I think that souls further along on the path, find it difficult to understand or tolerate the daily violence and evil we see.

Yes Sag/9h covers ethics as well as religion, philosophy, etc.

This is a fine line to walk and I struggle with it. On the one hand we need to respect where other people are on their soul journey. On the other hand, we are not meant to be silent when evil takes place. Even Jesus became angry with the money changers and cast them from the temple courts.

I have spent many past lives on the mountain top, away from others in isolation, engaging in contemplation, prayer and meditation. I miss this kind of life a great deal, but in this life I am clearly meant to be boots on the ground, out in the field being of service to others, up to my ears in the human reality (6/12 Pisces/Virgo Nodal Axis). From a very young age, despite having very restrictive parents, I was quite outspoken (3h Mars in Scorpio, inconjunct Jupiter in Aries) about events around me that were not right. The Viet Nam War, civil and women’s rights, etc. So on the one hand, I try not to judge. On the other hand, I speak out when ever I can against when people who are causing the planet to de-evolve. The goal is to evolve as souls, and as a planet. It will happen of course, but I am impatient at times.

"You might take a look at your natal chart to spot the placements accounting for your strong acumen with languages. Which signs, planets, houses will show this talent? If you are stuck I will give you hints."

I would say Mercury in Sag+9th House gives me the Interest,SN in Sag+9th house the talent and Venus in Sag the Love for it? :D Maybe Saturn in Gemini could give me power and the drive to compensate for my intellectual complexes? (Thank God I'm almost completely over this,but it still was/is somewhat alive).

"You might want to read a bit about the Sumerian culture..."

Yup,will definitely do it.Thank you for the information.

"The goal is to evolve as souls, and as a planet. It will happen of course, but I am impatient at times."

I'm more than 25% Sagittarius and 31% Fire...if at nothing else,I'm at least a specialist at being impatient and blunt. :D

"You can be soul mates or from the same soul group, but it doesn’t necessarily mean you are meant to be together long term. So take your time to determine the suitability of the relationship."

If I pick my Virgo mask out,and we go the less emotional more analytical way,than I can say that my Juno is conjuncting her Ascendant,Sun and Venus.(Ohh I felt that the first second I saw her...:D) And her Juno is conjuncting my Mercury,Sun and Pluto.
My Mars is also Inconjuncting her Chiron,and because we have no other interaspects between mars and chiron,this apparently indicates an almost 100% marriage...but let's wait with that.

and again,thank you very much
Rik

Ps: If we put astrology to the side,what would you say,how do I sound?
I mean,what would you say,how old am I? :)

waybread

I think Julia Karmic Astrology is really, really good!

I would only add that I don't believe in past lives astrology. I believe in reincarnation, but the best evidence coming out on it recently doesn't support a karmic interpretation. (See Jim Tucker, MD's books: Return to Life and Life Before Life. He's a professor of child psychiatry at the University of Virginia Medical School.)
http://www.jimbtucker.com/

We don't need imaginary and unproved past lives in order to use the nodes. NN=where your growth lies. SN=what you've mastered to a degree, but also where you're liable to stagnate because it's your comfort zone.

animatedoodle

I wholeheartedly agree :love:
Wonderfully articulate.

But the past lives theory just provided some structure to what we have inherently believed as children with no outside force.

I had Karmic thoughts when I was a child, so there you go. Like the book :)
I want to read it!

waybread

The trouble I have with karmic astrology is that in too many (not all) hands, it just offers a way to feel bad, wrong, and guilty about something that may never have happened.

With this-life astrology, there is at least the potential to look and see whether a natal chart interpretation or prediction has some verisimilitude or not. There is no way you can fact-check a past life prediction. Spiller's book on the nodes and past lives, Astrology for the Soul, is so historically implausible it's embarrassing.

I randomly turned to her NN in Leo page, where she mentions these people's past lives as "the scientists, the observers, those who sacrificed personal identity to promote humanitarian causes and ideals.... These folks have had so many past lives of being objective and watching from a scientific point of view that in this lifetime they have a real fear of getting involved..... They've taken the stuffy scientific approach for too many incarnations...." And so on.

Even if we take "scientific" loosely and metaphorically, this delineation is demographically impossible. Ever since the Neolithic, most people in populous areas have been agricultural peasants, deeply imbued with a religious worldview; or perhaps industrial workers-- and that only since the early 19th century. Then if you were today to take people who actually have a detached "scientific" point of view, you wouldn't find a significant correlation with Aquarius in the nodal axis or in general. I've known many scientists, and "stuffy" doesn't apply to them any more than to the general population.

I prefer to think of a horoscope as showing the issues the soul wanted to address in this lifetime. We don't need to postulate a past life having any particular configuration for the soul to choose this life.

Last edited:

Julia Karmic Astrology

I would only add that I don't believe in past lives astrology. I believe in reincarnation, but the best evidence coming out on it recently doesn't support a karmic interpretation. (See Jim Tucker, MD's books: Return to Life and Life Before Life. He's a professor of child psychiatry at the University of Virginia Medical School.)
http://www.jimbtucker.com/

We don't need imaginary and unproved past lives in order to use the nodes. NN=where your growth lies. SN=what you've mastered to a degree, but also where you're liable to stagnate because it's your comfort zone.

Yes there are many paths to Heaven.
No one way is the best way.

I see Dr Turner's work as a validation of a karmic belief system and extension of Dr Ian Stevenson's work. Perhaps you could direct me to the parts of his work which refute karma and astrology? Or refute the connection between reincarnation and karma?

And yes of course, one does not need to believe in past lives to work with the nodes. I have stated before that we don't know if the past lives showing in the natal chart are real or symbolic. It is quite possible that past live stories have been downloaded into our soul DNA more as parables, to help us learn and grown. And past lives are not really past. Time is not linear; we are looking at a combination of past, present and future. If we can do healing in this life, that healing would impact not only the present but up and down the time line.

Julia

Rik

Yes there are many paths to Heaven.
No one way is the best way.

I see Dr Turner's work as a validation of a karmic belief system and extension of Dr Ian Stevenson's work. Perhaps you could direct me to the parts of his work which refute karma and astrology? Or refute the connection between reincarnation and karma?

And yes of course, one does not need to believe in past lives to work with the nodes. I have stated before that we don't know if the past lives showing in the natal chart are real or symbolic. It is quite possible that past live stories have been downloaded into our soul DNA more as parables, to help us learn and grown. And past lives are not really past. Time is not linear; we are looking at a combination of past, present and future. If we can do healing in this life, that healing would impact not only the present but up and down the time line.

Julia

I personally do believe that MOST of the souls do reincarnate,like your soul did live 150 years ago as a highly religious peasant,as a common example :D (don't take this example seriously please),but I also do believe that when souls are done with their healing and do not reincarnate anymore,new souls come to the earth.Rainbow Children,as an example.We needed People like them,so we became them.

Of course,if you or somebody else thinks that this is bs and does not believe in it,I won't mock at you/them for their beliefs,you/they just shouldn't on mine either,and than we can live happily together :) <3

Rik

waybread

Julia, do you mean "Dr. Turner" or Dr. Jim Tucker, whose website I linked above? Are you familiar with his books? They're available at amazon & via Kindle, if not. He doesn't address astrology.

I understand karma as it is used in western astrology as the belief that a person's actions in one of more previous lives influence and even determine the challenges to be faced in this life. It operates in a cause and effect fashion. For example, if you're brash and arrogant in a past life, you'll be bashful and shy in this one. Karma operates as a kind of destiny to be addressed. As a belief, karma has a particularly Hindu origin, where it has been used to explain and justify an oppressive caste system.

Where I see Jim Tucker's findings deviating from this definition is that he has not found evidence of past misdeeds leading to negative outcomes in this life, nor of past good deeds leading to reward in this life. There is no quid pro quo. Tucker found some of his subjects to replay issues they faced in a previous life, but not for any ethical or moral reasons.

This view of reincarnation is paradoxically consistent with the views on reincarnation in the Seth books of Jane Roberts, an American medium of the 1970s. Seth/Roberts further stressed that all of a soul's incarnations are simultaneous, due to the illusion of linear time; so a beneficial action in one life could elevate the experience in the other lives.

This is different from the cause-and-effect view of reincarnation expressed in Jan Spiller's Astrology for the Soul; Martin Schulman's Karmic Astrology series; Judy Hall, The Karmic Journey, The Birth chart, Karma and Reincarnation; or Mary Devlin, Astrology & Past Lives.

Devlin's book is based on a process termed "regression" of her adult subjects; while Tucker was careful to interview only young children in very carefully controlled settings.

I think a chart shows why a soul incarnates, as well as the assets and challenges it brings to the task. I agree that we don't need past-lives karma to do that.

Julia, your posts are extremely gentle and helpful to people. I don't mean to detract from them. Unfortunately there is a lot of bad karmic astrology out there. (I. e., if someone's life reeks now, s/he must have done something rotten in a past life to deserve it.) I am just trying to say that the skeptics have a tenable position, as well.