Does your 7th house describe your marriage/spouse?

Carris

Have you found this to be true in your experience?

1. "The 7th house tells us the kind of person our first marriage partner will be."
  2. "The 5th house describes the kind of people we tend to get involved with romantically."
  3. "Venus and Mars show what we consider to be our ideal man or woman."
  4. "Juno indicates the kind of partner we will get."
(from astrologer Bob Marks)

Does the planets/signs/aspects/dispositor/condition in/of your 7th really describe your spouse? Do these really describe romance or marriage? Does the 7th house have any concrete manifestations or is it entirely in our psyche - qualities we project onto others? Are women really attracted to men described by their Mars' sign? Did transits to your 5th/7th or their rulers make any difference to the significations of these houses?

Does your "Lot of Marriage" have any correlation with your marriage? (calculate it here http://www.noendpress.com/pvachier/arabicparts/index.php )

I have not really found these to be very true in every case in my experience - in the sense of concrete manifestation. So I was just wondering if others have found it to be true in their personal experience. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

Judy_AzVirgo

Good subject! I'm curious, too, to see if any of this works for other people.

With my clients, I've rarely seen the 7th house sign correspond to a partner's Sun or Moon... not sure about Ascendant. I do think the Descendant has to do with the kind of qualities we look for in a partner, and as a projection point, it may involve qualities a potential partner sees in us, no? I think it describes not just the first spouse; it seems to be more general and life-long ... has been so in my life, and I see that in other people.

The rulers of my 1st and 7th are conjunct at my MC, so maybe that's why I feel the Desc projects my qualities as much as describing my spouse's.

With Taurus on the 7th cusp, I do look for a stable partner who will stick like glue with the marriage. That has been true in two marriages, one to a Capricorn Sun man (who died) with a flamboyant personality, not very Taurus-like; and the second to a quiet Cancer Sun man. Neither has/had any planets or major points in Taurus. So I suspect Taurus describes traits that I brought to these marriages, or a certain way about my husbands.

Cancer is on my 9th house cusp, BTW, signifying "second marriage". Venus (ruler of my 7th) was quite prominent when I met my current husband, in fact it was conjunct my natal Venus in Leo when we met; I'd have to check charts on the first one.

Fifth house cusp is in Pisces. Nah, doesn't fit romance in my case. I'm way more of a brass-tacks kind of woman.

Venus and Mars... maybe. I've certainly seen that in other people's charts. My first husband's Mars was in Sag, trining my Moon, and I found it very attractive -- was never very attracted to Capricorn men, per se, and I liked his fire sign stuff. Second husband has Mars in Virgo close to my Sun, which seems to work well for us. On the other hand, does anyone's image of an "ideal" man or woman ever fit the reality of a human being? I'm not sure if "ideal" has much of a place in a marriage or long-term partnership. Isn't it more about what you feel comfortable with?

My Juno in Libra in 11th house. Yes, my husband is my best friend, and I prefer a quiet, harmonious relationship as much as possible.

My Lot of Marriage is less than a degree from my Part of Fortune, in my 8th house. I brought money to both marriages, and profited some through the first marriage. But in Gemini? Not much connection to either husband there. Eighth house... maybe.

Personally, I like to see a couple who have Sun, Moon and Ascendant connected in some way. (My husband's Moon is conjunct my Ascendant, for instance, and my Ascendant trines his Sun, which I think is a key to our relationship.)

poyi

Premium Member
I have Mars in Virgo and Venus in Libra. I tend to like man that is clean, neat, intelligent, graceful with polite manner. My ideal man should be clean and well dressed, humble yet intelligent. He should be well spoken, able to have intelligent conversation with me, prefer to have higher/board interest than myself. I like to admire my lover because of Libra. I want to have a person that I can look up to. With Venus in Libra, I like handsome looking man (Everyone does!) but I do attract handsome looking man as well.

If my boyfriend doesn't take shower or brush his teeth, I will feel disgusted and unwilling to have physical contact with him. But I also have high tolerance something to do with 7th cusp Pisces....my ex only brush his teeth...maybe weekly and his best record was 4 days without shower....That had proven how much I used to love him........

I met my first boyfriend (ex husband) when Uranus transit was about to enter my 7th house cusp while transit Pluto square 7th house cusp. My natal Virgo Mars is in the 1st house, opposite to the 7th house cusp, some said that is meant to have difficult relationship/possibility of divorce anyway.

The relationship itself was extremely uneasy mainly due to his family had unrealistic expectation of me. I used to clean their houses, do cooking and for them few times weekly like a servant to earn their acceptance for almost 7 years non stop...

During the Uranus transit my 7th house cusp, I got married and just after 2 years we also divorced which suits the natural of Uranus very well, unstable, sudden and unpredictable. The divorce was due to many long term issues that my 7th Pisces can no longer tolerate and so I basically swept out everything and started fresh.

After divorce, I only have some brief insignificant relationships only like close friends at most, the longest one was 8 months long. He was a good man but due to long distance, it was impossible for me or him to move aboard to start live all over again. Uranus transit in 7th cusp, I don't think any relationship during such time could remain stable.

Since early this year, Neptune transit entered my 7th house cusp, regarding to relationship. I don't know rather I should stay single or take risk again. I am more into the single direction.

In general, my 5th house has a detriment Capricorn moon, although in detriment, when I am in love, I would still mother my boyfriend and at the same time, I do attract this type of man who wants to be mothered. My part of Fortune is in the 11th house in Cancer opposite to the cusp ruler. My fulfillment is earned by nurturing another person.

4th house ruler in 4th house, I have a deepest urge to nurture and be nurtured by other. Ruler in his own ruling cusp has the most significant power. Same as my 2nd house ruler Venus in Libra in 2nd house, I value all kinds of beauty and being able to love someone and be loved is very important to me. I value partnership very highly.

In term of the way I love, my 7th house is Pisces, I can be totally blind and out of reality.....My ex-husband was a type of person can't make decision himself, is really like two fishes swimming to different directions....a lot of time I need to make decision for him. A lot of time, I felt like I was his mother...very hard to find a balance not to mother too much. I also think that was my fault to make him overly dependent on me emotionally.

With a Capricorn Moon, my ex was also a Capricorn Moon man and his moon is even unaspected and being in a Cancer Sun & Venus sign, he had a lot of troubles expressing his emotions and when I needed him most, he was often emotionally unavailable....

Virgo Mars conjunct Venus Libra, I am very passionate and I like to conquer difficult love's quest. Jupiter in 4th rules Neptune and also 7th house cusp, I have a tendency to love foreigner. And Venus also rules my 9th house Taurus which also suggests foreigner. I think Venus, Mars and Jupiter are the main 3 planets to look at what type of partner you tend to like or get?

By the way, I think the 2nd marriage in 9th house should be correct. I don't know how to calculate lot of marriage. Anyone can help? :p

Since Mars is the night ruler of Scorpio, ruling 3rd house Scorpio Stellium natural rulers of 8th house in high energy. Mars also rules Aries in my 8th house, my ex partner and his family used to give me lot of gifts, go to expensive restaurant as such were normal things and my ex used to give me money all the time. He himself earned pretty good income. His sisters and mother are retail store owner, pharmacy owner/manager, doctor, state bank manager, ex brother in laws are also lawyer and pharmacist/owner all above average status. I suppose that is to do with my Venus in Libra ruler of 9th and Mars as Almuten ruler of 8th house...and Jupiter in vedic astrology represents husband. My Jupiter is the ruler of his own sign in his friend's house (4th) conjunct IC angular also in great power and Jupiter rules 7th house cusp.

Materially speaking, my ex was a very good marriage partner. But emotionally speaking, his unaspected moon and cheating were two intolerable qualities. And the external factor was my bad bad transit!!!

Last edited:

Carris

Thanks Judy and Poyi

I'm curious - did you look for these qualities consciously after reading your horoscope? Because thats what happened to me. Does knowing about this aspect of our horoscope affect our spontaneity and therefore our relationships? I don't even know what I find attractive anymore - because I psychologically get affected by what I read. In that sense perhaps its better not to know our charts.

"On the other hand, does anyone's image of an "ideal" man or woman ever fit the reality of a human being? I'm not sure if "ideal" has much of a place in a marriage or long-term partnership. Isn't it more about what you feel comfortable with?"
That is so true! Since we have incarnated on earth for our spiritual growth - everything, every experience is here to teach us - so even our marriage is supposed to teach us something - probably what REAL love and companionship mean. Also Judy - I think your 7th ruler venus in leo (flamboyant) would describe your flamboyant first husband. I find it surprising that with part of fortune and marriage in the 8th (other people's resources) you bought resources into the marriage - I would have thought that it would be the reverse.

Poyi - I think your moon in capricorn (practical, responsible, no-nonsense, endurance) is very strong. I don't think any planet is ever in detriment. My moon is in scorpio which is supposed to be in its fall - but then what is so wrong with intensity of emotions? Please never allow anyone to tell you what you are - how do you know if those astrologers were right in the first place? Pisces in 7th can look for a spouse to "save" - I guess that is how the 7th manifests mostly - its what we go out looking for. To calculate lot of marriage use the link in my post - you will have to give the degrees of ascendent, saturn and venus as counted from zero degrees aries.

I too have part of fortune in 11th. I like this interpretation:
"The person with his Part of Fortune in the eleventh house is usually way ahead of the time in which he lives when it comes to his mentality, his dreams, hopes, goals, and his view of the world. This is a person who thinks in terms of Brotherhood, altruistic unity, Humanitarian values. He wants to do things that benefit society as a whole. This is why he sometimes sees himself as a reformer of sorts, improving social, cultural, or spiritual values in those around him. He wants better conditions for his community as well as for humanity." http://www.arlenekramer.net/astrology6.asp

Last edited:

bittermoon

Good subject!
Personally, I like to see a couple who have Sun, Moon and Ascendant connected in some way. (My husband's Moon is conjunct my Ascendant, for instance, and my Ascendant trines his Sun, which I think is a key to our relationship.)

for 12 years, i was with a man who had a cancer sun, scorpio moon and cancer rising. i am a cancer sun, scorpio moon and pisces rising. it worked in many ways, but in the end we did get divorced, so harmonious aspects are not necessarily a recipe for success.

- my DC is in virgo, and he was very virgonic in many ways. both good and bad qualities. in the end, the extreme pickiness, over analyzing and constant criticism really got to be too much. nevermind the extreme obsession with cleanliness was a turn off.

- my juno is in leo in 6th -- can't relate to that at all.

- mars in aqua, venus in gemini. yes... the way to my heart is with words. i find an intelligent man who's funny and witty extremely sexy.

- 5th house in cancer, which contains my sun and mercury. i do like some cancerian traits in a man, but not an overload. cancerian communication style i do appreciate.

i attract super intelligent men (not just very well educated, but also very knowledgeable about a lot of different things. scholarly), but they tend to be very strong willed, inflexible and obsessive. this may or may not be projection. i have not figured that one out yet. they tend to have bad tempers and are always very 'present'. no wallflowers, for sure. this has most often lead to power struggles and horrible verbal fights.

i am now interested in somebody completely the opposite of that. this man is very gentle and emotionally stable. he does have a good sense of humour though and is smart (though not in that bookish phd manner). cappie sun with aqua moon, taurus mars, aqua venus, libra rising. only water in his chart is saturn in cancer. oh god. i have zero experience with that. i hate to admit it and i have jokingly told him that i'm a bit suspicious about his seemingly stable ways. the truth is that i am indeed a little suspicious. how sad is that? and what does that tell you where i'm coming from? :andy:

- lot of marriage is in aquarius. right conjunct cappie man's stellium of moon, venus and jupiter. interesting. perhaps this seemingly unlikely match is one after all :)
edit: his part of marriage is tightly conjunct my saturn. so maybe not :)

Last edited:

Judy_AzVirgo

I'm curious - did you look for these qualities consciously after reading your horoscope?

Nope. I usually just let things happen, THEN look it up to see what was going on at the time. (Part of my not-quite-Virgo personality. I steadfastly refuse to look at even weekly transits to my natal chart.)

Also Judy - I think your 7th ruler venus in leo (flamboyant) would describe your flamboyant first husband.
Probably very true! I never even thought about it.... figured it was more a connection to my Aries Moon.

I find it surprising that with part of fortune and marriage in the 8th (other people's resources) you bought resources into the marriage - I would have thought that it would be the reverse.
Yeah, you'd think. That's why I mentioned it. It does seem to have worked the other way around, in some ways, than it's supposed to. A puzzle. Or maybe these Arabic parts aren't very sensitive or active? (I have never found them to be so in my chart, even during direct transits.)

Judy_AzVirgo

for 12 years, i was with a man who had a cancer sun, scorpio moon and cancer rising. i am a cancer sun, scorpio moon and pisces rising. it worked in many ways, but in the end we did get divorced, so harmonious aspects are not necessarily a recipe for success.
Or maybe there was just... well, just too much water in that relationship. Too much similarity? A stagnant pool instead of a flowing river? No offense, but to me it feels sort of cloying... I'm married to a Cancer man with Scorpio Moon, and he feels smothering to me sometimes. (But at least he isn't out catting around with some Scorpio chick, so I tolerate it.)

Unless you really want a great deal of distance in a relationship, I think close aspects are essential to close feelings, and especially aspects involving the Moon. Maybe the trine isn't the best aspect ... trines sometimes just sort of sit there and watch TV together, rather than doing much. Maybe conjunction or opposition is better... more intense, usually. Even a square somewhere will kind of force a couple to get issues out in the open and deal with them. (A lot of squares, not good, unless you enjoy arguing all the time.)

PS: Cappy men can be wonderful. I have very fond memories of mine. Good luck!

scorpittarian

Uranus/Neptune opp Desc.
7H in Cancer.
Moon in Virgo in 8H.
Trine Uranus/Neptune/Asc.
Sextile Pluto.
Square Mars.

Leo intercepted in the 7th.
Sagittarius Sun conjunct Mars in the 11H.

My 7H corresponds more with the type of guys I get involved with romantically. The first thing that stands out is that they were either scorpios or had a highly aspected angular Pluto.
Virgo? Not at all. All but two had nothing in Virgo or the 6th. However, it was a Virgo(Sun/Mercury/Chiron) who taught me to love & I can still do anything for. It was a Libra(Venus in Virgo) who was my last. After that, I decided not to date.
All of them had Uranian/Neptunian themes going on in their charts(T-squares, Angles, Sun/Moon harshly aspected).

Majority disposited nothing in my 7th, i.e, had no planets in Cancer. I never went beyond flirting with these people. I've had 3 official boyfriends till now of which 2 had Mars in Cancer....not significant. The third guy's Ascendant was in Leo which fell in my 7th. Although highly unstable, I regard it as my best relationship. He kind off fit my ideal man image. My first love's ascendant in Cancer conjuncts my Desc. However, he didn't fit that image.

5H in Gemini.
Mercury in Sagittarius in 10H.
Conjunct Venus/Nnode.
Conjunct Pluto(out of sign)
Square Saturn(out of sign)

Gemini???Not really. My first crush was a Gem(Sun/Mercury/Venus).
The Virgo's Moon was in Gemini which fell in my 5th.
No other guy had Gem planets.

Mars in Sagittarius in 11H.
Conjunct Sun.
Sextile Saturn.

Ideal man? YES! My ideal man's someone who has a saturnian approach toward work but is very Leo/Sag like at home. I detest men who don't dress for success.

Juno in Libra in 9H.
Square Uranus/Neptune.
Sextile Sun/Mars.
Lot of marriage in Aries.

Every single guy had a planet/angle in Aries or Libra conjunct/opp my Juno/LOM.

bittermoon

Or maybe there was just... well, just too much water in that relationship. Too much similarity? A stagnant pool instead of a flowing river? No offense, but to me it feels sort of cloying... I'm married to a Cancer man with Scorpio Moon, and he feels smothering to me sometimes. (But at least he isn't out catting around with some Scorpio chick, so I tolerate it.)

Unless you really want a great deal of distance in a relationship, I think close aspects are essential to close feelings, and especially aspects involving the Moon. Maybe the trine isn't the best aspect ... trines sometimes just sort of sit there and watch TV together, rather than doing much. Maybe conjunction or opposition is better... more intense, usually. Even a square somewhere will kind of force a couple to get issues out in the open and deal with them. (A lot of squares, not good, unless you enjoy arguing all the time.)

PS: Cappy men can be wonderful. I have very fond memories of mine. Good luck!

yes, too much water for sure. it lead to lots of brooding and moodiness. a scorpio moon is not something i'd like to get involved with. i agree with you on the aspects. i would love a taurus moon (or at least the idea of it). too many trines aren't good. it makes you lazy. not that i'm saying that a relationship should be a lot of work. i don't believe in that. but there should be progress. there's nothing worse than things being stagnant. and that's how i feel about my marriage. it taught me a lot on an individual level (afterwards) but there just wasn't sufficient mutual growth at all.

interesting thread this is!

poyi

Premium Member
BTW, my Juno in Aries in 8th house and my ex was Aries ascendant.

When I look at the transits on the date of my bad wedding (it was a horrible day and later ended in divorce). I had 4 transiting planets in Rx, Uranus in 7th Rx, Neptune 6th Rx, Jupiter in 5th Rx, Pluto in 4th Rx....don't know much about Rx but usually not a very direct positive meaning right? If I knew astrologer early, I might not marry him...not until the Uranus transit 7th finished anyway but then fate is fate! :pouty: Whoever, I met during this Uranus transit 7th period won't be a good time anyway...The date/period we started dating was Pluto conjunct my 7th house ruler Jupiter in 4th. And natal Vertex axis is conjunct Jupiter/SN anyway. Nodes of moon and vertex both are indicators of beginning and ending of something!

Apparently, some suggest the best time to get married which is the same time of planet transit part of spirit. By the time, my Venus has aspect to part of spirit would be about 50s.......My Chinese chart and 8 words both suggest happy love life and marriage after the age of 40, the best period would be between 50 to 60s...And with Capricorn Moon in 5th....love is meant to come late? Good old Saturn...I will be a very old lady!! Anyhow, Never mind!

http://aliceportman.com/determining-the-time-of-marriage-from-a-horoscope/

Last edited:

dr. farr

Mine did (7th house under Pisces, positing Jupiter): my late wife, Leslie, while essentially a Libra (her rising sign) had many of the + qualities affinitive to Pisces and to Jupiter.

poyi

Premium Member
Mine did (7th house under Pisces, positing Jupiter): my late wife, Leslie, while essentially a Libra (her rising sign) had many of the + qualities affinitive to Pisces and to Jupiter.

dr. farr,

May I ask the conditions of your Jupiter? My Jupiter as the ruler of the 4th and 7th conjunct with IC/SN....I have been thinking about accepting single life forever and not to have a family of my own due to the most benefic planet conjunct with Ketu. Family and partnership had caused too much pain in my life. 4th Neptune also square Mars 1st and Venus 1st/2nd but then at the same time Jupiter/Venus also at quintile.

[FONT=arial,helvetica]"Venus square or opposition to Neptune makes the person liable to sorrow, loss and trouble, especially through the marriage partner or anyone else in whom he trusts."
The Message of the Stars
http://www.rosicrucian.com/mos/moseng07.htm#Neptune_In_Aspect

So far I found this interpretation very true and basically no exception...right to the point. :crying:
[/FONT]

Carris

Thank you Dr Farr.

Have you found the other indicators to be true - mars, venus, juno, lot of marriage, aspects, etc?

Last edited:

scorpittarian

BTW, my Juno in Aries in 8th house and my ex was Aries ascendant.

When I look at the transits on the date of my bad wedding (it was a horrible day and later ended in divorce). I had 4 transiting planets in Rx, Uranus in 7th Rx, Neptune 6th Rx, Jupiter in 5th Rx, Pluto in 4th Rx....don't know much about Rx but usually not a very direct positive meaning right? If I knew astrologer early, I might not marry him...not until the Uranus transit 7th finished anyway but then fate is fate! :pouty: Whoever, I met during this Uranus transit 7th period won't be a good time anyway...The date/period we started dating was Pluto conjunct my 7th house ruler Jupiter in 4th. And natal Vertex axis is conjunct Jupiter/SN anyway. Nodes of moon and vertex both are indicators of beginning and ending of something!

Apparently, some suggest the best time to get married which is the same time of planet transit part of spirit. By the time, my Venus has aspect to part of spirit would be about 50s.......My Chinese chart and 8 words both suggest happy love life and marriage after the age of 40, the best period would be between 50 to 60s...And with Capricorn Moon in 5th....love is meant to come late? Good old Saturn...I will be a very old lady!! Anyhow, Never mind!

Getting married while Uranus is transiting your 7th is a sign that the marriage won't last. Why, when and how it will end- other planets and aspects will tell you.
Forget magi astrologers & their Cinderella aspects. Neptune transiting the 7th could bring a relationship right out of a fairy tale. However, the enchanted prince may be a complete illusion - your partner can betray you, you percieve things through rose tinted glasses. The result could be a roller coaster ride through high expectations & fallen hopes.

Marriage is not a priority for the time being. If I marry, it won't be before my 28th birthday(Saturn return?) for sure. By then, I'll have a stable job, house to call my own, a Prado, 2 dogs, a few thousands in the National bank & some black money stashed away in the Swiss bank ...hopefully :tongue: What's missing is a loving husband. I'll have settled down in other areas of life which would give me enough time to set out for a hunt. :tongue:

I'll surely consult an astrologer before choosing a wedding date and that astrologer has to be someone on AW. :wink: I know & trust these people's potential compared to a Trelawney's or Firenze's sitting on the street.

Carris

Nope. I usually just let things happen, THEN look it up to see what was going on at the time. (Part of my not-quite-Virgo personality. I steadfastly refuse to look at even weekly transits to my natal chart.)

Probably very true! I never even thought about it.... figured it was more a connection to my Aries Moon.

Yeah, you'd think. That's why I mentioned it. It does seem to have worked the other way around, in some ways, than it's supposed to. A puzzle. Or maybe these Arabic parts aren't very sensitive or active? (I have never found them to be so in my chart, even during direct transits.)
Judy, I found this by chance - looks like the 8th doesn't really have to do with spouse's resources.

"A couple of years ago, I did an informal study of a couple dozen natal horoscopes of those who made their money through marriage or relationships. I expected to see a strong eighth house, reflecting the spouse’s assets. However, I was disappointed, because it was usually the native’s second house or other personal indicator of wealth that was strong, not the eighth house. It was usually the natal second house or related indicators that were connected to the seventh house ruler, the Lot of Marriage, etc. The eighth house never really stood out in these horoscopes.

There is an important lesson here for astrologers. The eighth house as other people’s money is really only indicative in horary charts, where someone might ask about the assets and wealth of a prospective spouse, customer, or business partner. In the natal context, we would revert back to the usual indicators of personal wealth." http://gryphonastrology.com/blog/2008/08/10/astrology-101-the-eighth-house-and-its-meanings/

poyi

Premium Member
Getting married while Uranus is transiting your 7th is a sign that the marriage won't last. Why, when and how it will end- other planets and aspects will tell you.
Forget magi astrologers & their Cinderella aspects. Neptune transiting the 7th could bring a relationship right out of a fairy tale. However, the enchanted prince may be a complete illusion - your partner can betray you, you percieve things through rose tinted glasses. The result could be a roller coaster ride through high expectations & fallen hopes.

Marriage is not a priority for the time being. If I marry, it won't be before my 28th birthday(Saturn return?) for sure. By then, I'll have a stable job, house to call my own, a Prado, 2 dogs, a few thousands in the National bank & some black money stashed away in the Swiss bank ...hopefully :tongue: What's missing is a loving husband. I'll have settled down in other areas of life which would give me enough time to set out for a hunt. :tongue:

I'll surely consult an astrologer before choosing a wedding date and that astrologer has to be someone on AW. :wink: I know & trust these people's potential compared to a Trelawney's or Firenze's sitting on the street.

Thank you for your practical advices.

Before the age of 28, I already have a stable job, an apartment of my own (paying mortgage, no freedom no oversea travel for me for a very long time!!) but no black money in Swiss bank! At the moment, also studying for a post graduate certificate for work. Everything is seem steady right now. I am aware there is a large possibility that I will never be able to find the right person. I don't see this kind of luck in my horoscope. Being betrayed or share a man with another woman or women is the final interpretation of my Chinese horoscope and 8 words which I had studies for 15 years.

I noticed my Venus in Libra is a Singleton which I just posted another thread to ask for help. Libra Venus conjunct Virgo Mars, Venus is in fall in Virgo sign....Neptune square both Mars and Venus. I self diagnosed myself as "Terminal"!! Oh well :sideways:

poyi

Premium Member
Judy, I found this by chance - looks like the 8th doesn't really have to do with spouse's resources.

"A couple of years ago, I did an informal study of a couple dozen natal horoscopes of those who made their money through marriage or relationships. I expected to see a strong eighth house, reflecting the spouse’s assets. However, I was disappointed, because it was usually the native’s second house or other personal indicator of wealth that was strong, not the eighth house. It was usually the natal second house or related indicators that were connected to the seventh house ruler, the Lot of Marriage, etc. The eighth house never really stood out in these horoscopes.

There is an important lesson here for astrologers. The eighth house as other people’s money is really only indicative in horary charts, where someone might ask about the assets and wealth of a prospective spouse, customer, or business partner. In the natal context, we would revert back to the usual indicators of personal wealth." http://gryphonastrology.com/blog/2008/08/10/astrology-101-the-eighth-house-and-its-meanings/

Interesting information for you Carries, I have Venus in Libra in 2nd house (whole sign), in 1st (Placidus). Lot of marriage at Libra 12 in 2nd house or with 2nd formula of Lot marriage showed Taurus 12 in 9th house. I have Scorpio Stellium by natural rulership ruling over 8th house. 8th house is Aries and my Mars is superlative and ruled this house by sign, my ex and his family as I mentioned before used to give me lot of goods, clothings and money. They are not millionaires but I do have tendency of attracting money. :sideways:

scorpittarian

Thank you for your practical advices.

Before the age of 28, I already have a stable job, an apartment of my own (paying mortgage, no freedom no oversea travel for me for a very long time!!) but no black money in Swiss bank! At the moment, also studying for a post graduate certificate for work. Everything is seem steady right now. I am aware there is a large possibility that I will never be able to find the right person. I don't see this kind of luck in my horoscope. Being betrayed or share a man with another woman or women is the final interpretation of my Chinese horoscope and 8 words which I had studies for 15 years.

I noticed my Venus in Libra is a Singleton which I just posted another thread to ask for help. Libra Venus conjunct Virgo Mars, Venus is in fall in Virgo sign....Neptune square both Mars and Venus. I self diagnosed myself as "Terminal"!! Oh well :sideways:

My parents taught me :
"Dear child,
It takes seconds to build castles from air but years to build a house from concrete."
So I was under the general impression that I would be unable to realize my dream anytime soon. I can now tell them that I know someone who's not even 28 & has her own apartment. :smile:

You must have heard about the Law of attraction(not Mr. Newton's). The Law says that "you draw into your life whatever you focus on." I was skeptical the first time I heard of it so I decided to test it myself. Imagined my Journalism professor walking down the street, dreamt of banana cake for 2 hours, meditated on creamy boursin spinach last month, focused on passing with distinction, concentrated all my energy on winning a debate...The best moment was when I & my partner bagged the 3rd position in a state level tourism quiz. Our lecturer had forced us into it so we rebelled by not preparing anything at all. But once we reached the venue, I badly wanted to win. I throughout imagined the announcer saying into the mike that the third place was a tie between us & some other team(It was the second time I was testing the Law & doubted both, my intelligence & the Law).
It was a success! What amazed me was the accuracy.

Focus on the good things in life & you shall have it. You won't lose anything by being positive. :smile:

poyi

Premium Member
Focus on the good things in life & you shall have it. You won't lose anything by being positive. :smile:

I do focus on positive things a lot. I managed to see a lot of light out of the worst conditions mostly related to illness and death. The only thing that block my vision and optimism is my love life. I used to have a lot of faith even though my reading of the birth chart told me otherwise. Trust me I fought a good battle for 8 years...I am still very proud of my strength from my Mars, Scorpio stellium and Capricorn Moon as well as the faith in Sagittarius Jupiter, he was the only man that I ever loved and trust. He was the only man that I ever dated!! I have a very stubborn soul. But at the end, my Neptune square Mars and Venus destroyed everything of course the Uranus transit was part of the whole thing.

scorpittarian

I'm with you on this Carris.

ummm...I've a question.
The MC/10H & IC/4H represent the native's mother & father respectively.
The second house reflects the spouse's assets. Then why is it that the 9H represents your in-laws. Shouldn't it be this way -
your 4H = mother-in-law.(the spouse's 10th)
your 10H=father-in-law.(the spouse's 4th)
your 6H=aunt-in-law.......................