How does she feel about me?

obsidianmineral

There’s this girl that used to be my friend like two years back. I was going through a breakup at the time and she helped me through it, so I developed a special connection with her. I think I even had feelings for her. We slowly went our separate ways and she didn’t seem to show interest anymore in still being friends. I texted her just recently, at first making small talk and then I told her how I felt about her and everything, all of this after so much time of silence and she just acknowledged all of my messages by reacting to them with a heart emoji, which felt disappointing (because I really typed a lot of text and she had acted like that back when she stopped showing interest in talking to me). I told her I felt something special and really loved by her and that I still miss her. I did actually meditate on sending her that for quite some time and knew that she probably would do something like that. I know people don't change, but I still did it because I did it for myself and there's no higher value that can be drawn from saying your feelings other than that.

I realize I have a crush on this girl, but in terms of my actions and what I make of this, I am satisfied that I told her everything and I don’t regret it. I feel really content with saying what my heart says and doing things right til the end even if it looks bad or if I get rejected. What defines me is my passion for doing what I believe in and to me, that is the greatest freedom there is in the world, but that doesn’t mean I stop having feelings; there’s just something within my emotions that still clings onto her. She really was a good friend back then, but she slowly started showing less interest. All in all, I’d say I'm satisfied with things. And I’m sure these were my last words to her. I have nothing else to say or do. And I am okay with that.

I just wanted to know what she might be thinking. Why is it that she’s so distant when she used to be so close to me? I think she might have liked me back then and I did too but we both were in relationships so it was awkward back then.

About our signs, I'm an Aries and she's a Libra. It's interesting that I am a Cancer rising with the Moon in Libra just like in this horary chart. My 1st house falls on the 27th of Cancer, though.

toXc5rb.png

Last edited:

waybread

I really can't say, because the moon (you) applying to a nice trine with Saturn (her) would normally indicate a coming-together. With the moon as the faster planet, though, it would be up to you to make the next move-- even though you made the previous one.

You may have given her a lot of digest, and she's not sure how to respond. Saturn can indicate delays and disappointments.

Do you live anywhere nearby? Ask her if you can meet for coffee, with no heart-baring on the agenda unless she brings it up? Otherwise, you'd like simply to renew the friendship.

BTW Saturn in the 7th is one of those traditional reasons to toss out a chart. The 7th represents the astrologer, and it indicates that the querent won't much like the answer. :sad:

obsidianmineral

I really can't say, because the moon (you) applying to a nice trine with Saturn (her) would normally indicate a coming-together. With the moon as the faster planet, though, it would be up to you to make the next move-- even though you made the previous one.

You may have given her a lot of digest, and she's not sure how to respond. Saturn can indicate delays and disappointments.

Do you live anywhere nearby? Ask her if you can meet for coffee, with no heart-baring on the agenda unless she brings it up? Otherwise, you'd like simply to renew the friendship.

BTW Saturn in the 7th is one of those traditional reasons to toss out a chart. The 7th represents the astrologer, and it indicates that the querent won't much like the answer. :sad:

Well, before I told her all that I had been trying to make small talk with her (to not come out so strong) and she was ignoring some of my messages. Honestly I didn’t see her receptive at all from the start. I normally would have stopped altogether at that point, but after a few days of thinking I decided that I really wanted to tell her what I feel. I knew full well what I was getting into, but honestly I did not care about her possible responses. It was something that I felt to be really important. What I am getting from her is “I don’t care”. It’s strange because we used to get along really well before. If I were to tell her to meet me at some cafe or something I’m 90% sure she would not even leave the message on seen.

Anywho, it’s not that I don’t like the answer or anything. I just am not really willing to do anything more about this. Even though I feel something for her and find myself thinking about her frequently, I just want to understand her. Doing what I have done - that’s all that I need to feel satisfied. My conscience is clear. I’ve faced innumerable disappointments in friendships and in love in these past few years. I feel inspired by this Aries energy of letting the past go and facing the future with new life. I do genuinely care a lot about this girl but I am willing to let go.

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
Just based purely reception between you/Moon and her/Saturn, I would say she has very little feelings at this time, receiving you only by term, where as you exalt her/Saturn.
I think you are wisely letting go and moving on.

obsidianmineral

Just based purely reception between you/Moon and her/Saturn, I would say she has very little feelings at this time, receiving you only by term, where as you exalt her/Saturn.
I think you are wisely letting go and moving on.

Thanks! Although I thought it went the other way. I thought that Saturn receives the Moon through exaltation and the Moon receives Saturn through terms. Like, if say planet A is in the sign of planet B, then planet B is receiving planet A because it is entering the domain of B.

I find this horary off putting because she, which is also represented by Venus as a natural significator of women, also would receive the Moon through rulership, right? Although the Sun (men/me) is in the fall of Venus.

IleneK

Premium Member
You are welcome.
Thanks! Although I thought it went the other way. I thought that Saturn receives the Moon through exaltation and the Moon receives Saturn through terms. Like, if say planet A is in the sign of planet B, then planet B is receiving planet A because it is entering the domain of B.
Not sure about your algebraic statement. But I will say that it appears that folks apply reception the way you initially describe by example and some do it the way I did it.

I've just begun experimenting with the way I used it here.
I find this horary off putting because she, which is also represented by Venus as a natural significator of women, also would receive the Moon through rulership, right? Although the Sun (men/me) is in the fall? of Venus.

For me to be consistent in the way I am determining reception, I would say that Moon receives Venus by dignity/rulership. And that Sun receives Venus by detriment, Scorp [rather than by fall, Virgo].

It should be interesting to see which reception method best describes the matter. Please update.

Last edited:

tsmall

Premium Member

Only if Saturn isn't a significator in the question. And it wouldn't be a reason to toss the chart, just a warning of something to be careful about.

obsidianmineral

You are welcome.

Not sure about your algebraic statement. But I will say that it appears that folks apply reception the way you initially describe by example and some do it the way I did it.

I've just begun experimenting with the way I used it here.

For me to be consistent in the way I am determining reception, I would say that Moon receives Venus by dignity/rulership. And that Sun receives Venus by detriment, Scorp [rather than by fall, Virgo].

It should be interesting to see which reception method best describes the matter. Please update.

Oh, yeah, sorry I don’t know why I said Venus has its fall in Scorpio. It’s detriment.

Mm, well, maybe there’s some further explaining to do here. When I was with this girl in school I would be told by other girls that she seemed to like like me (even though she had a boyfriend). She would talk to me constantly and sit next to me in class. I think she wanted to kiss me at a party once too. I think she found me physically attractive, although tbh I wasn’t interested in her at the time because I had a gf and she had a bf.

Later, after we went our separate ways we would still talk but she started ignoring me more and so on. I never found her to be particularly physically attractive but I felt a deep connection with her and I find that really attractive.

Also at some point I deleted her and a bunch of people from back then from my social media because I had a lot of traumas. I tried opening my heart to people and went through breakups and negligence from others. I wanted to let that go. Maybe she noticed and got mad, who knows.

Anyway, I did initially stop talking to her because she didn’t show interest anymore, but just now, after so many months of not saying anything, I told her that because I felt that it was necessary. It’s part of me finally saying something which I’ve felt for the longest time so I can move on.

I honestly do not see her receptive at all. If I sent her a text message now I’m sure she’d be like “Hey, what’s up?” And then she would just ignore whatever I’d say next.

It’s not like I need her or anything. I miss her in a special way and that’s all, but I don’t feel like I’m desperate for her at all.

Last edited:

waybread

Only if Saturn isn't a significator in the question. And it wouldn't be a reason to toss the chart, just a warning of something to be careful about.

I think the prohibition idea was from Olivia Barclay, Horary Astrology Re-discovered. Her stance has been softened to considerations by more recent horary astrologers.

This from J. Lee Lehman, The Martial Art of Horary Astrology. She does a combination of traditional and modern methods, mostly the former. In her section on considerations (not prohibitions) against judgement, pp.27-28:

"There are three possible 'bad" positions for Saturn: in the 1st, 7th, or 10th houses." There are also two possible mitigations:" If Saturn is a reasonable description of the situation (like a question about an old person,) or if Saturn is highly dignified. Which it is, in Aquarius. She continues:

"The best known is the danger of the 7th house placement. The 7th house always includes the astrologer in the question..." wherein the danger is that s/he will make a mistake in calculations or interpretation.

Obsidian, is Saturn in the 7th of any special significance regarding this woman you care about, as far as you know? Other than seeming to turn you down, is she Saturnine in some way?

obsidianmineral

I think the prohibition idea was from Olivia Barclay, Horary Astrology Re-discovered. Her stance has been softened to considerations by more recent horary astrologers.

This from J. Lee Lehman, The Martial Art of Horary Astrology. She does a combination of traditional and modern methods, mostly the former. In her section on considerations (not prohibitions) against judgement, pp.27-28:

"There are three possible 'bad" positions for Saturn: in the 1st, 7th, or 10th houses." There are also two possible mitigations:" If Saturn is a reasonable description of the situation (like a question about an old person,) or if Saturn is highly dignified. Which it is, in Aquarius. She continues:

"The best known is the danger of the 7th house placement. The 7th house always includes the astrologer in the question..." wherein the danger is that s/he will make a mistake in calculations or interpretation.

Obsidian, is Saturn in the 7th of any special significance regarding this woman you care about, as far as you know? Other than seeming to turn you down, is she Saturnine in some way?

Well, I don’t think she resembles seriousness or austerity in any way. She’s like an outgoing party girl, although she did confess once long ago that she had depression. She has a long face and dark colored eyes. Other than that, not really. Not at all. In fact I’d be more likely to be described as Saturnine.

tikana

There’s this girl that used to be my friend like two years back. I was going through a breakup at the time and she helped me through it, so I developed a special connection with her. I think I even had feelings for her. We slowly went our separate ways and she didn’t seem to show interest anymore in still being friends. I texted her just recently, at first making small talk and then I told her how I felt about her and everything, all of this after so much time of silence and she just acknowledged all of my messages by reacting to them with a heart emoji, which felt disappointing (because I really typed a lot of text and she had acted like that back when she stopped showing interest in talking to me). I told her I felt something special and really loved by her and that I still miss her. I did actually meditate on sending her that for quite some time and knew that she probably would do something like that. I know people don't change, but I still did it because I did it for myself and there's no higher value that can be drawn from saying your feelings other than that.

I realize I have a crush on this girl, but in terms of my actions and what I make of this, I am satisfied that I told her everything and I don’t regret it. I feel really content with saying what my heart says and doing things right til the end even if it looks bad or if I get rejected. What defines me is my passion for doing what I believe in and to me, that is the greatest freedom there is in the world, but that doesn’t mean I stop having feelings; there’s just something within my emotions that still clings onto her. She really was a good friend back then, but she slowly started showing less interest. All in all, I’d say I'm satisfied with things. And I’m sure these were my last words to her. I have nothing else to say or do. And I am okay with that.

I just wanted to know what she might be thinking. Why is it that she’s so distant when she used to be so close to me? I think she might have liked me back then and I did too but we both were in relationships so it was awkward back then.

About our signs, I'm an Aries and she's a Libra. It's interesting that I am a Cancer rising with the Moon in Libra just like in this horary chart. My 1st house falls on the 27th of Cancer, though.

toXc5rb.png

She is saturn sitting in her own 1st house in her own sign - she feels absolutely nothing towards you or anyone else.

"The Lord of the seventh in the seventh, especially in one of his owne houses, the party desired is free from love, hath little mind to Marriage, and her Portion is knowne, or the mans."

William Lilly 7th house matters

questor wants the girl but she isnot having any of it.despite the fact that there is a trine.

she is still getting over her xbf (sun sq saturn). Someone hurt her and she hates him.

Last edited:

obsidianmineral

She is saturn sitting in her own 1st house in her own sign - she feels absolutely nothing towards you or anyone else.

"The Lord of the seventh in the seventh, especially in one of his owne houses, the party desired is free from love, hath little mind to Marriage, and her Portion is knowne, or the mans."

William Lilly 7th house matters

questor wants the girl but she isnot having any of it.despite the fact that there is a trine.

she is still getting over her xbf (sun sq saturn). Someone hurt her and she hates him.

Thanks, Tikana. I guess I could update a bit on the situation.

Things haven’t changed that much. We’re a bit in touch on social media (as it’s usually been) and she occasionally comments nice things on my posts. Or replies to my stories. Yes, I know Gen Z dumb ****. I’m 22 after all. But anywho, my feelings for her have increased I guess. I feel like I need her (this would be my Moon). But I do not genuinely want her (Sun). She doesn’t seem genuinely interested either way.

It’s not the first crush I have and I’ve been through way worse. I’m satisfied with the fact that a couple of weeks ago I told her what I felt in the past. I think I already mentioned that in this thread.

I wanna dive deeper into my emotions. This emotional baggage has been with me for a few years and just now it’s manifesting itself as a crush. I want to do good. I want to heal. To understand myself. Maybe that’s the Sun in Scorpio in the horary chart for you. I’m not interested in desires for the sake of desires. I see my body as a symbolic recipient of these things and I want to find meaning in that. That’s where my calling is.

The horary chart does describe me psychologically. Even though it’s not supposed to be heavily focused on that. But yeah, I’d say that outwardly, I act peacefully, sociably and with charm in this situation. But I do feel ignored and neglected. My true calling here is focused inwardly though. On what I mentioned about the Sun in Scorpio. Maybe the square with Saturn represented when I told her how I felt. Energies were met through excess. I came out upfront with everything without holding back. I guess the Sun does bring to light things. And she seemed too cold and indifferent. I do not genuinely want her. The Sun does not receive Saturn. And neither does Saturn.

Even if you mentioned that the Sun could be someone else, I actually do see it as representative of myself. And in horaries about relationships, the Sun is used to represent the man (usually).

Last edited: