Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Read My Chart

Read My Chart If you want to have your astrological chart read and do not post an astrological interpretation along with your chart request, your postings go here. No one is required to read any chart request and it is greatly appreciated if people who have chart requests acknowledge those who were kind enough to answer their request. If you want an astrological chart reading using the Vedic method (square astrological charts), your postings go in the Vedic Astrology forum."Read My Chart" type postings found in the rest of the forum will be moved here.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 06-01-2016, 01:43 PM
Kibblerz Kibblerz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 102
Unhappy Ex-Girlfriend, is there hope?Any/all advice is appreciated!

astro_w2gw_01_david_russ.44905.16094.gifastro_w2gw_02_taylor_petti.45067.24476.gif
Me and my ex recently broke up. We had been arguing previously about her not spending enough time with me (we hung out maybe once a week), though we put the issue to rest originally. Then on the 14th of may my best friend died from an overdose, this put me in an emotional tailspin for a few days. I said some hurtful things to my ex, accusing her of not caring because she was not able to see me when I was hurting(her mother was ill) and she ended up breaking up with me on the night of the 15th.

For a few days I was rather persistant, she needed her space and I denied that to her. She ended up blocking my facebook. I had been relying on advice from the Yodha: My astrologer app, who claimed that it was likely she would come back. I began to give her more space still texting her every few days.The astrologer I had been relying on told me that although she'd be mad at my attempts how she'd see them positively in weeks to come. Yesterday her mom texted me saying this was my final chance to leave her alone.

Her friends also blocked me but mentioned she's talking to someone new.

I messed up, I ended up taking some lsd last night and my friend mentioned the astrologer was stringing me along with hope in order to make a profit, looking through the things they said I'm afraid that their predictions were just designed to keep me hoping and paying. I had alienated the women I love because of this false hope instead of giving her the space she needs and I'm afraid it may be too late.

Is there still hope? Was the astrologer right that'd she come back or was I being played for money? Any advice is helpful, thank you!

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 06-01-2016, 02:23 PM
Kibblerz Kibblerz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 102
Re: Ex-Girlfriend, is there hope?Any/all advice is appreciated!

astro_621gw_01_02_david_russ_taylor_petti.48040.21221.jpg Here is our composite chart
sastro_61gw_01_02_david_russ_taylor_petti.48153.24412.jpg Here is our synastry chart
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 06-01-2016, 03:42 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 75,012
Re: Ex-Girlfriend, is there hope?Any/all advice is appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibblerz View Post
Attachment 60262Attachment 60263

Me and my ex recently broke up.
We had been arguing previously about her not spending enough time with me
(we hung out maybe once a week), though we put the issue to rest originally.
Very briefly


with reference to Synastry Chart
Scorpio Moon and Sagittarius Moon are in Disregard aka Disjunct not good
Aries Sun and Pisces Sun are also in Disregard aka Disjunct not good
Cancer Ascendant and Sagittarius Ascendant are also in Disregard aka Disjunct not good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibblerz View Post

Then on the 14th of may my best friend died from an overdose,
this put me in an emotional tailspin for a few days.
I said some hurtful things to my ex, accusing her of not caring
because she was not able to see me when I was hurting
(her mother was ill)
and she ended up breaking up with me on the night of the 15th.

For a few days I was rather persistant, she needed her space and I denied that to her.
She ended up blocking my facebook.
I had been relying on advice from the Yodha: My astrologer app,
who claimed that it was likely she would come back.
I began to give her more space still texting her every few days.
The astrologer I had been relying on told me that although she'd be mad at my attempts
how she'd see them positively in weeks to come.
Yesterday her mom texted me saying this was my final chance to leave her alone.

Her friends also blocked me but mentioned she's talking to someone new.

I messed up, I ended up taking some lsd last night
and my friend mentioned the astrologer was stringing me along with hope in order to make a profit,
looking through the things they said I'm afraid that their predictions were just designed to keep me hoping and paying.
I had alienated the women I love
because of this false hope
instead of giving her the space she needs
and I'm afraid it may be too late.

Is there still hope?
Was the astrologer right that'd she come back
or was I being played for money?

Any advice is helpful, thank you!
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 06-01-2016, 03:52 PM
Kibblerz Kibblerz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 102
Re: Ex-Girlfriend, is there hope?Any/all advice is appreciated!

Wouldn't these just be a few negative aspects though? Her sun trines my moon which surely can outweigh the disregard couldn't it? It always seemed we had good understanding in the relationship. We'd communicate and share are feelings quite well, her introverted nature was just contrary to my nature and I just wanted to see her more than she wanted to.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kibblerz For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (06-01-2016), katydid (06-01-2016)
  #5  
Unread 06-01-2016, 04:35 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 75,012
Re: Ex-Girlfriend, is there hope?Any/all advice is appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibblerz View Post

Wouldn't these just be a few negative aspects though?

Her sun trines my moon which surely can outweigh the disregard couldn't it?
Few if any relationships present no challenges at all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibblerz View Post


we had good understanding in the relationship.

We'd communicate and share are feelings quite well,

her introverted nature was just contrary to my nature


and I just wanted to see her

more than she wanted to.

it seems that the understanding was not that good
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
ashriia (06-02-2016), astrobunny (07-06-2016)
  #6  
Unread 06-01-2016, 05:12 PM
Kibblerz Kibblerz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
Few if any relationships present no challenges at all

it seems that the understanding was not that good
Well maybe it was just me that understood her a bit more. Though I tend to see different perspectives better than most. She i don't think saw my perspective all that much. oh well
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 06-01-2016, 05:17 PM
Nemis Nemis is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: The beautiful coast!
Posts: 25
Re: Ex-Girlfriend, is there hope?Any/all advice is appreciated!

It doesn't look good.

Let her go and move on. Don't mess around with someone who is trying to move on. If it's meant to be, she will come back. Don't chase.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 06-01-2016, 05:20 PM
katydid katydid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,543
Re: Ex-Girlfriend, is there hope?Any/all advice is appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibblerz View Post
Wouldn't these just be a few negative aspects though? Her sun trines my moon which surely can outweigh the disregard couldn't it? It always seemed we had good understanding in the relationship. We'd communicate and share are feelings quite well, her introverted nature was just contrary to my nature and I just wanted to see her more than she wanted to.
But realistically, if she only wanted to see you once a week, then she was not really that into the relationship. I see my manicurist once a week.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to katydid For This Useful Post:
ashriia (06-02-2016)
  #9  
Unread 06-01-2016, 05:24 PM
Kibblerz Kibblerz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 102
Re: Ex-Girlfriend, is there hope?Any/all advice is appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid View Post
But realistically, if she only wanted to see you once a week, then she was not really that into the relationship. I see my manicurist once a week.
We messaged eachother 24/7. If you read her chart you'd understand. She rarely hangs with her best friends and hung with me more than she did them. I think it was where her uranus was placed that causes her to be so odd in relationships. She doesn't know what she wants, she constantly wants to be free, has some odd fantasies, etc. She'd rather retreat into her inner world than deal with anyone at all on the outer.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kibblerz For This Useful Post:
katydid (06-01-2016)
  #10  
Unread 06-01-2016, 05:25 PM
Kibblerz Kibblerz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 102
Re: Ex-Girlfriend, is there hope?Any/all advice is appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemis View Post
It doesn't look good.

Let her go and move on. Don't mess around with someone who is trying to move on. If it's meant to be, she will come back. Don't chase.
Yeah, for awhile I was relying on a very ****** astrologer site. I think they just wire people in with hope in order to get more and more money. I was so bent up on the hope he gave me that I smothered and alienated her :/ who would've thought hope would be so destructive
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 06-01-2016, 05:26 PM
katydid katydid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,543
Re: Ex-Girlfriend, is there hope?Any/all advice is appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibblerz View Post
We messaged eachother 24/7. If you read her chart you'd understand. She rarely hangs with her best friends and hung with me more than she did them. I think it was where her uranus was placed that causes her to be so odd in relationships. She doesn't know what she wants, she constantly wants to be free, has some odd fantasies, etc. She'd rather retreat into her inner world than deal with anyone at all on the outer.
Then it is very hard to have a real relationship with her. You are on a treacherous slope. And it feels to me like you are trying to force something that is not happening.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to katydid For This Useful Post:
ashriia (06-02-2016)
  #12  
Unread 06-01-2016, 05:29 PM
Kibblerz Kibblerz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 102
Re: Ex-Girlfriend, is there hope?Any/all advice is appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid View Post
Then it is very hard to have a real relationship with her. You are on a treacherous slope. And it feels to me like you are trying to force something that is not happening.
That hope just got to me too much I guess. I never clicked with someone like I did her, her introverted nature was like the only significant issue.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 06-01-2016, 05:32 PM
katydid katydid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,543
Re: Ex-Girlfriend, is there hope?Any/all advice is appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibblerz View Post
That hope just got to me too much I guess. I never clicked with someone like I did her, her introverted nature was like the only significant issue.
Well then, take a break. A LOOOONNGG break. Let her catch her breath. She knows how to reach you if she misses you. But you need to totally back off. If she has a freedom issue then you are pressing the wrong buttons right now.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to katydid For This Useful Post:
ashriia (06-02-2016), Nemis (06-01-2016)
  #14  
Unread 06-01-2016, 05:44 PM
Nemis Nemis is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: The beautiful coast!
Posts: 25
Re: Ex-Girlfriend, is there hope?Any/all advice is appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid View Post
Then it is very hard to have a real relationship with her. You are on a treacherous slope. And it feels to me like you are trying to force something that is not happening.

I agree. It doesn't sound like a realistic relationship.

Did she 'abuse' you?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 06-01-2016, 05:46 PM
Kibblerz Kibblerz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 102
Re: Ex-Girlfriend, is there hope?Any/all advice is appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid View Post
Well then, take a break. A LOOOONNGG break. Let her catch her breath. She knows how to reach you if she misses you. But you need to totally back off. If she has a freedom issue then you are pressing the wrong buttons right now.
True. I've also seen in my own natal chart and different relationship reports on my chart something that is very true. I like imperfect relationships. Actually I love them. It's a sort of addiction i guess and on a level it's exciting. I've noticed my own issues in a relationship tend to be putting one on a pedastool and when they fall off I keep holding standards and trying to make them live up to them. Unconsciounsly it becomes like a chess game.

Also as a Buddhist I try to stay void of attachment(obviously not too good at that though), so a relationship where the other needs more freedom requires me to let go more and improves my spiritual path. I have felt that she evens me out in the places I need to be even.

I have a thing for the very pisces like girls. Considering I'm a hard headed aries with a sagitarious ascendant that provides a chaotic mix. Though my venus is in pisces. I guess it's a fatal attraction of sorts. I do need a spiritual/intuitive mate to balance out my overly intellectual way of thinking. Especially my neptune conjuncting uranus in the 2nd house making me unmaterialistic, which seems to pose certain issues on an aries path.

Does anyone have any suggestions for maybe future relationship choices for me? someone who can be supportive in my spiritual search while also tolerant and forgiving of my hard headed intense nature?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 06-01-2016, 05:49 PM
Kibblerz Kibblerz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 102
Re: Ex-Girlfriend, is there hope?Any/all advice is appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemis View Post
I agree. It doesn't sound like a realistic relationship.

Did she 'abuse' you?
No lol. She was the sweetest thing in the world to me. Always making me laugh and smile. Even when we fought about her confusion with what she wants(might have contributed to her not seeing me alot) or not seeing eachother alot. It always ended in laughter and love. Never got bored of eachother either. I was her first real relationship though so that probably contributes to her not knowing what she wants and not wanting to hang out too much. I also cuddled her too much when we did hang out xD
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 06-01-2016, 05:49 PM
Nemis Nemis is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: The beautiful coast!
Posts: 25
Re: Ex-Girlfriend, is there hope?Any/all advice is appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibblerz View Post

I have a thing for the very pisces like girls. Considering I'm a hard headed aries with a sagitarious ascendant that provides a chaotic mix. Though my venus is in pisces. I guess it's a fatal attraction of sorts. I do need a spiritual/intuitive mate to balance out my overly intellectual way of thinking. Especially my neptune conjuncting uranus in the 2nd house making me unmaterialistic, which seems to pose certain issues on an aries path.

Does anyone have any suggestions for maybe future relationship choices for me? someone who can be supportive in my spiritual search while also tolerant and forgiving of my hard headed intense nature?


From your other posts - you're 18. You have an entire life ahead of you. Relationships will come and go, relax and enjoy your life first.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 06-01-2016, 05:50 PM
Kibblerz Kibblerz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 102
Re: Ex-Girlfriend, is there hope?Any/all advice is appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemis View Post
From your other posts - you're 18. You have an entire life ahead of you. Relationships will come and go, relax and enjoy your life first.
I'm not trying to spend much of my life searching a lot. I just need someone who's supportive and helpful, who can prop me up when I'm in need and i could do the same to support me on my path.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 06-01-2016, 05:58 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 75,012
Re: Ex-Girlfriend, is there hope?Any/all advice is appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibblerz View Post

Well maybe it was just me that understood her a bit more.
Though I tend to see different perspectives better than most.


She i don't think saw my perspective all that much.
oh well

the disregard/disjunct appears to have been on her part then
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 06-01-2016, 06:06 PM
Kibblerz Kibblerz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
the disregard/disjunct appears to have been on her part then
She didn't manage to understand me too well in that aspect but she did accept me. I wasnt too accepting of her, trying to change who she is and all. The whole thing ended up a mess 😌
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kibblerz For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (06-01-2016)
  #21  
Unread 06-01-2016, 06:07 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 75,012
Re: Ex-Girlfriend, is there hope?Any/all advice is appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibblerz View Post

I like imperfect relationships.
Actually I love them.
It's a sort of addiction i guess and on a level it's exciting.
I've noticed my own issues in a relationship tend to be putting one on a pedastool
and when they fall off I keep holding standards and trying to make them live up to them.
Unconsciounsly it becomes like a chess game.
however, it seems you are conscious of your enjoyment of imperfect relationships
which is just as well
because a perfect relationships is unlikely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibblerz View Post

Also as a Buddhist I try to stay void of attachment
(obviously not too good at that though),
so a relationship where the other needs more freedom
requires me to let go more and improves my spiritual path.
I have felt that she evens me out in the places I need to be even.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibblerz View Post

I have a thing for the very pisces like girls.
Considering I'm a hard headed aries with a sagitarious ascendant that provides a chaotic mix.
Though my venus is in pisces. I guess it's a fatal attraction of sorts.
I do need a spiritual/intuitive mate to balance out my overly intellectual way of thinking.
Especially my neptune conjuncting uranus in the 2nd house making me unmaterialistic,
which seems to pose certain issues on an aries path.

Does anyone have any suggestions for maybe future relationship choices for me?
someone who can be supportive in my spiritual search
while also tolerant and forgiving of my hard headed intense nature?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibblerz View Post

She didn't manage to understand me too well in that aspect but she did accept me.
I wasnt too accepting of her, trying to change who she is and all. The whole thing ended up a mess
��
C'est la vie mon ami
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 06-01-2016, 06:14 PM
Kibblerz Kibblerz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 102
Re: Ex-Girlfriend, is there hope?Any/all advice is appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
however, it seems you are conscious of your enjoyment of imperfect relationships
which is just as well
because a perfect relationships is unlikely



Defenitely. I know many say a good long term relationship should have few misconjuncts or issues. But honestly as long as it isn't too many oppositions, that squares can be beneficial. It just needs that clear communication and glue to hold it together. A perfect relationship to me sounds horrid. I'm in this life to improve myself and transcend, and suffering leads to transcending.

I wasn't very aware in my relationship though. I had gotten caught up in self, love addiction, and ego. Then My best friend passed and my ex broke up with me the same weekend. That amount of suffering woke me up. Helped me see my errors, see how well it could've worked if I had accepted the negatives instead of fight them.

I like eckhart tolle's view on love, that it's only an addiction when the self is involved. once you transcend self it becomes true unconditional loves, problems no longer are problems, and it's like bringing a light into the dark. there can be no dark if there is light. Really any relationship can eventually reach true love if one person is awake in it. Awakening is a wildfire you can't stop it from spreading.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kibblerz For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (06-01-2016)
  #23  
Unread 06-01-2016, 06:18 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 75,012
Re: Ex-Girlfriend, is there hope?Any/all advice is appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibblerz View Post

Defenitely. I know many say a good long term relationship should have few misconjuncts or issues. But honestly as long as it isn't too many oppositions, that squares can be beneficial. It just needs that clear communication and glue to hold it together. A perfect relationship to me sounds horrid. I'm in this life to improve myself and transcend, and suffering leads to transcending.

I wasn't very aware in my relationship though. I had gotten caught up in self, love addiction, and ego. Then My best friend passed and my ex broke up with me the same weekend. That amount of suffering woke me up. Helped me see my errors, see how well it could've worked if I had accepted the negatives instead of fight them.

I like eckhart tolle's view on love, that it's only an addiction when the self is involved. once you transcend self it becomes true unconditional loves, problems no longer are problems, and it's like bringing a light into the dark. there can be no dark if there is light. Really any relationship can eventually reach true love if one person is awake in it. Awakening is a wildfire you can't stop it from spreading.
Ajahn Brahm receives a letter from a Zen practitioner in Japan
asking whether there is too much emphasis in Buddhism on "letting go"
and not enough on "getting attached" by doing good in the world
Here's Ajahn Brahm's response on when to attach and when to let go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_3coMDunIM
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 06-01-2016, 06:23 PM
Kibblerz Kibblerz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 102
Re: Ex-Girlfriend, is there hope?Any/all advice is appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
Ajahn Brahm receives a letter from a Zen practitioner in Japan
asking whether there is too much emphasis in Buddhism on "letting go"
and not enough on "getting attached" by doing good in the world
Here's Ajahn Brahm's response on when to attach and when to let go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_3coMDunIM
I love Ajahn Brahm. My favorite teacher by far! And woudn't that basically be the difference between skillful and unskillful desire? If a desire/attachment orbits the idea of self then the self expects some kind of happiness from it, and eventually is let down and suffers. When desire/attachment isn't orbiting the self then we think big picture and act in ways to benefit beings. Letting go completely is apathy not peace.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 06-01-2016, 06:40 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 75,012
Re: Ex-Girlfriend, is there hope?Any/all advice is appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibblerz View Post

I love Ajahn Brahm. My favorite teacher by far!
And woudn't that basically be the difference between skillful and unskillful desire?
If a desire/attachment orbits the idea of self then the self expects some kind of happiness from it,
and eventually is let down and suffers.
When desire/attachment isn't orbiting the self then we think big picture and act in ways to benefit beings.
Letting go completely is apathy not peace.


__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
advice, appreciated, exgirlfriend, hope, hopeany or all

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.