katy perry birthtime

summer92

Zooey Deschanel even has a Capricorn Rising! crazy right? with those eyes I never would have guessed
in sasstrology.com theres a synastry chart of perry and russell brand
apparently he has aries rising and she has scorpio rising
I was expecting her to be Gemini cause of her personality

SecretGarden

I definitely think she is Sagittarius rising. My second guess would be Libra.

Scorpio rising? Crazy! that would make her a triple scorpio :surprised:

SecretGarden

Don't know why I disregarded it before but late Aries rising (around 24-27 degrees) does work ruled by an exalted mars on the MC and Scorpio stellium in 7th. I can definitely see a 7th influence, she was introduced to the mainstream public as Travie Mcoy's girlfriend and is now coupled with Rusell Brand

I thought about this more, and I agree with you. I think she is a late Aries rising as well.

HoldOrFold

First sign that came to mind was TAURUS. My guess is Taurus Asc with Virgo Duad. This would make her Mercury very angular as it sits in the 7th house opposing the Asc, she looks very Mercurial. She looks much more sexy than the typical Mercurial geek though, she looks earth, and that's why my guess is Taurus. Too jovial to be Capricorn Asc.

It's not even up for debate that she has an Earth Asc:
208d1233788170-hehe-look-like-here-hehe-katy-perry-totally-looks-like-zoey-deschanel.jpg

Her look alike is a TRIPLE Capricorn.

I can't see a Libra Asc doing something socially lame like calling out a crush from high school. That's too confrontational and tacky for them.

Yeah her lookalike should give a big clue.

Zoey Deschanel is mega Capricorn with her Ascendant heavily influenced by a very tight trine to Uranus in Scorpio. It's the tightest aspect to her ascendant. So you could say her looks are Capricorn/Scorpio.

We already know Katy's a mega Scorpio so we have to find Katie's Capricorn influence in her looks. One possibility is that Katie Perry has Sagittarius rising making her ruling planet in Capricorn. She has the big eyes of a fire sign. Also Zoey has her ruling planet square Neptune in Sagittarius so that could make up for the Sag element.

HoldOrFold

Aries rising/Scorpio stellium ruled by an exalted Mars in Capricorn on the MC fits well..

Sag rising or even Cancer rising crossed my mind too.. Cancer or Late Gem rising places her Scorp stellium in 5th house.

I'm with you on the Aries rising, that makes sense top me. And you have a point on the Gemini rising. Zoey has a strong Pluto in Libra aspecting her Ascendant so there could be air there for Perry.

Not so much Cancer rising though.

SecretGarden

I think she has an Aries ascendant with mars in Capricorn in the 10th. I don't think one can guess her ascendant by basing it on comparisons with Zooey Deschannel. Anyway, they actually look pretty different on tv/movies, they just look similar in photos. Bjork is a triple Scorpio and she and Katy look nothing alike. Katy is originally blond and dyes her hair black.

6b74729fd7a00b07d2e7f010l.jpg

katy-perry-hair71.jpg

HoldOrFold

I think she has an Aries ascendant with mars in Capricorn in the 10th. I don't think one can guess her ascendant by basing it on comparisons with Zooey Deschannel. Anyway, they actually look pretty different on tv/movies, they just look similar in photos. Bjork is a triple Scorpio and she and Katy look nothing alike. Katy is originally blond and dyes her hair black.

Whatever, you chose a cap mars anyway so the result's the same to me.

SecretGarden

Whatever, you chose a cap mars anyway so the result's the same to me.

I guess you're right, I only meant that you can't always use people's looks as a marker for another person's planets. That said, it would be interesting to compare Katy's chart to Emily Blunt's because to me, she looks like a hybrid between Zooey and Emily. I said Mars in 10 because it took her 8 years to make it to fame and she was dropped 3 times from different labels, but she kept on going. To me, this is the result of an exalted Mars in Capricorn in the 10th - she is just a straight up hard worker and it plays into her career perfectly. She has a lot to show for it.

HoldOrFold

I guess you're right, I only meant that you can't always use people's looks as a marker for another person's planets. That said, it would be interesting to compare Katy's chart to Emily Blunt's because to me, she looks like a hybrid between Zooey and Emily. I said Mars in 10 because it took her 8 years to make it to fame and she was dropped 3 times from different labels, but she kept on going. To me, this is the result of an exalted Mars in Capricorn in the 10th - she is just a straight up hard worker and it plays into her career perfectly. She has a lot to show for it.

I'm sure there's examples where it falls down but so far I've found it pretty consistent. I've been trying to guess peoples signs ever since I've noticed patterns in what people look like and their signs, mainly with new people I meet, celebrities etc. When I would get their Sun sign wrong, it would usually either be in a sign of the same element, a personal planet in that sign or a close aspect in that sign.

When I say someone looks like someone else it might be an underlying pattern I see that might not be obvious. Like one of my friends looks a bit like Megan Fox I thought, all my friends would disagree though because she's not as hot. Nonetheless turns out she's got Taurus/Leo/Water configuration... happens all the time

Seems like you do it mainly with their achievements / personality which is cool

SecretGarden

I'm sure there's examples where it falls down but so far I've found it pretty consistent. I've been trying to guess peoples signs ever since I've noticed patterns in what people look like and their signs, mainly with new people I meet, celebrities etc. When I would get their Sun sign wrong, it would usually either be in a sign of the same element, a personal planet in that sign or a close aspect in that sign.

When I say someone looks like someone else it might be an underlying pattern I see that might not be obvious. Like one of my friends looks a bit like Megan Fox I thought, all my friends would disagree though because she's not as hot. Nonetheless turns out she's got Taurus/Leo/Water configuration... happens all the time

Seems like you do it mainly with their achievements / personality which is cool

I do agree with you about looks, HoldOrFold. I just feel like sometimes people (I don't mean you!) people disregard personality and let looks be the sole basis of their guesses, which I don't agree with, especially when it comes to celebrity astrology, because I feel like celebrities portray themselves the way they want to for the most part. And that portrayal has to do with rising signs. But I do completely agree with you on the looks thing. There are definitely patterns. There are patterns with behavior and personality too.

Regarding looks, there are really subtle clues to look for like you said... like this girl i know looks like a contestant from a singing show on TV. Sure enough, they were born 1 day apart (different years though) and they share at least 3 planets, which are all in the same sign. On the other hand, people say I look a somewhat like Keira Knightley, but I actually don't really have any planets in common with her (unless we have the same rising sign).

HoldOrFold

Yeah I can't go on what others say, it's gotta be something I see personally which others may or may not see. Cause I wouldn't say you look like Keira from your avatar.

Saying that though, the general consensus in the Keira thread includes strong Scorpio influence :wink:

SecretGarden

Yeah I can't go on what others say, it's gotta be something I see personally which others may or may not see. Cause I wouldn't say you look like Keira from your avatar.

Saying that though, the general consensus in the Keira thread includes strong Scorpio influence :wink:

I guess it depends on the photo, but I don't think I look like her either. I Actually, one of my friends looks SO eerily similar to Mary Murphy from So You Think You Can Dance (minus the eye color), and I checked their planets and they didn't have any in common, unless the ascendant is the same or makes the chart ruler planet the same. I guess what I'm trying to say is that i agree with you that there are usually patterns like 90% of the time, but then there's that (irritating) 10% that is inconsistent and just throws me off.

But going back to Katy Perry, I do think she's an Aries rising, which would make her chart ruler Mars which does happens to be in Capricorn - and Zooey happens to be a triple Capricorn with a Scorpio MC. I think I would have guessed Aries without Zooey too though! Katy gives off such a cardinal quality that is missing from the rest of her chart, and because she has Arian features.

savanna

Seems like shes never let go of that playful/youthful side of her personality.. Wow this is kinda tough. At first I said Libra, now Aries. They are on the same axis. Maybe we're onto something.
edit:

I was thinking LATE Libra rising so her MC/IC appears at 1 degree Leo/Aquarius.

I agree with you. Libra rising/Leo MC

savanna

Dominants: Scorpio, Sagittarius, Libra
Pluto, Sun, Venus
Houses 1, 3, 2 / Water, Fire / Fixed

That makes sense. She also has Sun conjunct her cardinal ascendant just like Zooey.

Sun and Pluto square MC is interesting... I remember watching an E! special on Katy and it talked about how she was a Christian singer and had a record out and it was unsuccessful. She went to mainstream music and was dropped by TWO labels, before signing with her current label. She stuck with it for years and she finally got the successful music career she wanted. Those aspects seem to fit.

savanna

They give her birthtime as 6:59 AM. The source is listed as an unofficial biography. It could be correct or could not be. I know Justin Bieber's birthtime is also from a biography book. It's the closest thing we have, I guess.

DeLaSoul

The author also wrote a biography on Rihanna... Maybe she has a birthtime for her as well.

WOOW can't believe I had Katy's time right.