Pluto conjunct moon=abusive mother?

My son has a lot of aspects to pluto. Everything I have googled about pluto conjunct moon is pretty bad and points to an abusive mother. Am I somehow abusive towards him? Also what do you think of his chart? I am very curious. Thank you.

Screen Shot 2017-03-28 at 11.42.46 PM.jpg

Hephaistos

for an abusive mother often moon lilith contacts, also the sextiles and trines. bad mother love.

a pisces moon, or IC in pisces (for example Eminem)

http://www.astrotheme.com/astrology/Eminem

and / or moon pluto contacts. In the chart of your Son Pluto is in opposition to the IC = Moon Pluto AND Moon conjunct Pluto. I Suggest, have a Eye on him, what a Mother makes bad with her Children, never can turn to Good later in life. The Mother is the most important Person for a Human, when have a Bad or Evil Mother ist a Curse for the Rest of the life. Pluto is also a Symbol for a Curse in the widest sense.

i have a abusive mother and i hate this whore forever and hopefully for all future inkarnations, to **** in her face.

in my chart.

Pluto square IC = Moon Pluto.
Pisces Moon Sextile Lilith.

Last edited:
for an abusive mother often moon lilith contacts, also the sextiles and trines. bad mother love.

a pisces moon, or IC in pisces (for example Eminem)

http://www.astrotheme.com/astrology/Eminem

and / or moon pluto contacts. In the chart of your Son Pluto is in opposition to the IC = Moon Pluto AND Moon conjunct Pluto. I Suggest, have a Eye on him, what a Mother makes bad with her Children, never can turn to Good later in life. The Mother is the most important Person for a Human, when have a Bad or Evil Mother ist a Curse for the Rest of the life. Pluto is also a Symbol for a Curse in the widest sense.

i have a abusive mother and i hate this whore forever and hopefully for all future inkarnations, to **** in her face.

in my chart.

Pluto square IC = Moon Pluto.
Pisces Moon Sextile Lilith.

Thank you for your reply! Very interesting about the Lilith moon and ic I will have to research that more. You quickly checked my chart and found my moon was in cancer on ic conjunct Lilith moon and I myself had a very traumatic experience with my mother. That's why I am so scared to repeat anything my mother did.

Hephaistos

You quickly checked my chart and found my moon was in cancer on ic conjunct Lilith moon and I myself had a very traumatic experience with my mother.

:crying:

thanks for your reply. moon lilith is horrible, find often by rape, murdering or any really abusive things.

also the "soft" aspects, moon with chiron too, just horrible.

lilith is important for things that lies in the dark or are hidden for other people, mostly brutal, emotional cold and manipulative things, pluto shows mostly "only" the result of this.

my lilith is in 8th, conjunct chiron and northnode, sextile moon opposite uranus. i'm very excited when uranus transit hit this point in the age of 42 - 43,
i hope my mother died soon, bad humans life too long and the good die young, thats unjustified.

waybread

You might want to read Judy Hall's book, Hades Moon.I think her negativity is extreme. I have moon widely conjunct Pluto, but spot-on as a parallel, which works like a conjunction.

My mother was a sun-Scorpio. I wouldn't call her abusive, but I didn't get a lot of warm fuzzies from her. I don't think she actually enjoyed being my mother.

Every planetary power has empowering and disempowering interpretations. You can begin to think now of some empowering interpretations of moon-Pluto. Just for example:

1. The mom who feels deeply about profound matters, such as her love for her child.

2. The mom who encourages a fascination with Plutonian things, like archaeology, geology, taking a vacation to visit a cave. He might be old enough now to enjoy a rock collection, or playing a game where you hide things and ask him to find them.

3. The mom who is unafraid of the dark, and has the courage to take a stand against evil or harmful things. The mother who controls her temper when she feels angry.

4. The mom who gets a kick out of decorating the house for Halloween.

Your child will respond well to unconditional love and discipline that is firm but fair.

Osamenor

Staff member
I think it's very telling that his Pluto/Moon conjunction is over his MC. The MC indicates, among other things like career and public reputation, your mother. So does the moon, in its own way. While those things do say something about the child's relationship with the mother, they're also about the mother herself, particularly about what was going on with her at the time of the child's birth. Aspects between the moon and sun say something about her relationship with the father at the time of the child's birth, but on subject....

I'd say that moon/Pluto conjunction describes your relationship with your own mother. Plutonian in the extreme, probably with the coldness and distance that is the shadow side of Capricorn. Since she was abusive (Pluto), you have to confront your experience with that in order to be able to mother. That doesn't mean you're doomed to abuse your child. That you're posting here worrying about it, is a great indication that you'll do everything you can not to be an abuser.

I would think that, if you're represented by Capricorn, you're probably strong and stoic, take responsibilities extremely seriously, and, as a parent, nurturing in a tough love kind of way. The Pluto part could mean multiple things. If you're not working consciously with your own past, sure, you could end up repeating it. But if you are working consciously with it, you can transform it. Pluto may show the ugliest of the ugly side of human nature, but he's also about transformation. If you do your own work with healing and self growth while your son is growing up, he will grow well himself. Children grow well when their parents are growing well.

I see a very tight square between your son's sun and moon. What was the relationship between you and his father like at the time of his birth? My guess is that the twelfth house sun represents (along with the many other things a sun can represent) a father who isn't, or wasn't, very present (square the moon also suggests that, it can indicate a rift between the parents). Twelfth house sometimes indicates illness, incarceration, exile, being removed from the world in some way.

That does not, of course, mean your son will necessarily experience those things, any more than anyone else does, simply because his sun is in the twelfth house. He may be drawn to twelfth house kinds of experiences as he matures--spirituality, retreat, altering the mind (legally and safely or not!), military service (sun in warrior Aries; military deployment would be a twelfth house experience), or other such things.

Tla26

It isn't always so literal.

But the moon in our charts certainly does represent the mother figure. The sign indicates traits she may have. Same goes for Saturn representing the father.

There are books about moon signs and one in particular I read discussed mother's. I can't remember the name, though.

But it's always important to remember that our chart shows issues that we can always alter. Our destiny is up to us. Look at how this would show up as a challenge and work towards not being a slave to its influence. This aspect could show up as you bring extremely intuitive and honest with your son.

waybread

But the moon in our charts certainly does represent the mother figure. The sign indicates traits she may have. Same goes for Saturn representing the father.

There are books about moon signs and one in particular I read discussed mother's. I can't remember the name, though.

But it's always important to remember that our chart shows issues that we can always alter. Our destiny is up to us. Look at how this would show up as a challenge and work towards not being a slave to its influence. This aspect could show up as you bring extremely intuitive and honest with your son.

Good points.

The moon shows our experience of the mother, not the actual mother. Take 3 siblings with the same mother, who tries her darndest to love them equally, but they are apt to have different moon placements.

You might want to read Judy Hall's book, Hades Moon.I think her negativity is extreme. I have moon widely conjunct Pluto, but spot-on as a parallel, which works like a conjunction.

My mother was a sun-Scorpio. I wouldn't call her abusive, but I didn't get a lot of warm fuzzies from her. I don't think she actually enjoyed being my mother.

Every planetary power has empowering and disempowering interpretations. You can begin to think now of some empowering interpretations of moon-Pluto. Just for example:

1. The mom who feels deeply about profound matters, such as her love for her child.

2. The mom who encourages a fascination with Plutonian things, like archaeology, geology, taking a vacation to visit a cave. He might be old enough now to enjoy a rock collection, or playing a game where you hide things and ask him to find them.

3. The mom who is unafraid of the dark, and has the courage to take a stand against evil or harmful things. The mother who controls her temper when she feels angry.

4. The mom who gets a kick out of decorating the house for Halloween.

Your child will respond well to unconditional love and discipline that is firm but fair.

Thank you for your reply. Im very strong, love him unconditionally, but am a little demanding at times- drill sergeant. I will have to encourage him to get into some Plutonian things.

I think it's very telling that his Pluto/Moon conjunction is over his MC. The MC indicates, among other things like career and public reputation, your mother. So does the moon, in its own way. While those things do say something about the child's relationship with the mother, they're also about the mother herself, particularly about what was going on with her at the time of the child's birth. Aspects between the moon and sun say something about her relationship with the father at the time of the child's birth, but on subject....

I'd say that moon/Pluto conjunction describes your relationship with your own mother. Plutonian in the extreme, probably with the coldness and distance that is the shadow side of Capricorn. Since she was abusive (Pluto), you have to confront your experience with that in order to be able to mother. That doesn't mean you're doomed to abuse your child. That you're posting here worrying about it, is a great indication that you'll do everything you can not to be an abuser.

I would think that, if you're represented by Capricorn, you're probably strong and stoic, take responsibilities extremely seriously, and, as a parent, nurturing in a tough love kind of way. The Pluto part could mean multiple things. If you're not working consciously with your own past, sure, you could end up repeating it. But if you are working consciously with it, you can transform it. Pluto may show the ugliest of the ugly side of human nature, but he's also about transformation. If you do your own work with healing and self growth while your son is growing up, he will grow well himself. Children grow well when their parents are growing well.

I see a very tight square between your son's sun and moon. What was the relationship between you and his father like at the time of his birth? My guess is that the twelfth house sun represents (along with the many other things a sun can represent) a father who isn't, or wasn't, very present (square the moon also suggests that, it can indicate a rift between the parents). Twelfth house sometimes indicates illness, incarceration, exile, being removed from the world in some way.

That does not, of course, mean your son will necessarily experience those things, any more than anyone else does, simply because his sun is in the twelfth house. He may be drawn to twelfth house kinds of experiences as he matures--spirituality, retreat, altering the mind (legally and safely or not!), military service (sun in warrior Aries; military deployment would be a twelfth house experience), or other such things.

Very insightful thank you. Interesting about the sun/moon aspect representing mother and fathers relationship at birth bc it was not good at all. And I can see him going into military he is obsessed with army, guns, I swear he was a reincarnated soldier. And I've been working on the abuse I went through actually after he was born. Very interesting thank you.

Yes I feel like we have extreme openness and honesty between us. I share everything and speak to him as I would an adult about any subject he asks- sex, drugs, etc.

Good points.

The moon shows our experience of the mother, not the actual mother. Take 3 siblings with the same mother, who tries her darndest to love them equally, but they are apt to have different moon placements.

Funny you say 3. I have 3 boys with very different moon placements.

Osamenor

Staff member
Very insightful thank you. Interesting about the sun/moon aspect representing mother and fathers relationship at birth bc it was not good at all. And I can see him going into military he is obsessed with army, guns, I swear he was a reincarnated soldier. And I've been working on the abuse I went through actually after he was born. Very interesting thank you.
If you believe in past lives, birth charts give a hint as to what kind of experiences you're carrying with you from your past lives. Placement of the south node, its ruler, and aspects involving them factor into that. Based on what I see in your son's chart, it's quite possible he really is a reincarnated soldier. Other possibilities are also there, and the node story can be read as ancestral rather than personal past lives--if you and/or his father came from a family with close connection to the military, that would also account for it (and could account for his interest, too)--so I wouldn't instantly say on looking at his chart that this is a reincarnated soldier, but it's a strong possibility.

What I do see again and again in those indicators is a theme of siblings. Before you posted this:

Funny you say 3. I have 3 boys with very different moon placements.

...I was going to ask if he had siblings. Since he does, and since that turns up as a significant karmic theme in his chart, I'd say his brothers are extremely important in his life, maybe more so than siblings usually are.

rahu

Banned
My son has a lot of aspects to pluto. Everything I have googled about pluto conjunct moon is pretty bad and points to an abusive mother. Am I somehow abusive towards him? Also what do you think of his chart? I am very curious. Thank you.

View attachment 66691

he has moon conjunct to Pluto which does not necessarily imply abuse . but it does show that you will have a extreme deep impression on his subconscious emotional reactions. this can show he will have an extreme devotion or reliance on you.
I also see that the sun is conjunct to Uranus and square to the moon/pluto conjunction. this often is an indication of a broken home life in a natives chart.

rahu

he has moon conjunct to Pluto which does not necessarily imply abuse . but it does show that you will have a extreme deep impression on his subconscious emotional reactions. this can show he will have an extreme devotion or reliance on you.
I also see that the sun is conjunct to Uranus and square to the moon/pluto conjunction. this often is an indication of a broken home life in a natives chart.

rahu

Rahu thank you for replying I hope he it's the latter of being devoted to me bc I love him so much- he's so much like me. Also his dad and I are together but it's a tough relationship. It's been very dark at times but we are committed to the kids but I can see how it could still be seen as a broken home. I think our fighting has caused a lasting impression on all my children.

If you believe in past lives, birth charts give a hint as to what kind of experiences you're carrying with you from your past lives. Placement of the south node, its ruler, and aspects involving them factor into that. Based on what I see in your son's chart, it's quite possible he really is a reincarnated soldier. Other possibilities are also there, and the node story can be read as ancestral rather than personal past lives--if you and/or his father came from a family with close connection to the military, that would also account for it (and could account for his interest, too)--so I wouldn't instantly say on looking at his chart that this is a reincarnated soldier, but it's a strong possibility.

What I do see again and again in those indicators is a theme of siblings. Before you posted this:

...I was going to ask if he had siblings. Since he does, and since that turns up as a significant karmic theme in his chart, I'd say his brothers are extremely important in his life, maybe more so than siblings usually are.

I can already see this. My boys have this crazy bond that nobody can break. There's a devotion to each other that I rarely see with other siblings.

SweetTruthSeeker

I have Pluto conjunct my moon in Scorpio and I also got a couple friends with the same aspect.

I got one hell of a strong mother 💪 was like the greatest to me because even though I didn't have the best relationship with my dad but she was so good I didn't even notice.
She was such a good provider and was very close and protective with all her children.

My mum was extremely sensitive to children, epescially those that wasn't so fortunate.
She also started fostering teenagers who went through abuse and is extremely loved by many because of her strength and how she loved, understood helped them transform to better there lives...

I kinda hate that when people see Pluto aspects they always think the worst first!
Yes it's intense... but not always bad. Can make a person extremely emotional but Super strong at the same time.

Also my really close friend with the same aspect has a really close relationship with there mum too. His mum is a super strong woman. That cares for loads of children too

I have Pluto conjunct my moon in Scorpio and I also got a couple friends with the same aspect.

I got one hell of a strong mother 💪 was like the greatest to me because even though I didn't have the best relationship with my dad but she was so good I didn't even notice.
She was such a good provider and was very close and protective with all her children.

My mum was extremely sensitive to children, epescially those that wasn't so fortunate.
She also started fostering teenagers who went through abuse and is extremely loved by many because of her strength and how she loved, understood helped them transform to better there lives...

I kinda hate that when people see Pluto aspects they always think the worst first!
Yes it's intense... but not always bad. Can make a person extremely emotional but Super strong at the same time.

Also my really close friend with the same aspect has a really close relationship with there mum too. His mum is a super strong woman. That cares for loads of children too

Thank you for the reply that's amazing to hear. That's how I see myself- strong. I basically raise these boys by myself. Their father is in the picture but works 6 days a week and isnt very present when he is here. I do everything. I trust nobody, and protect them fiercely while trying to help them grow but keep them strong and push them when they need it. Thank you for the feedback about your experience.

Frisiangal

Hi,
My hairs stood on end when seeing the title of this thread.:sad:

I so often wonder where the ideas originate of authors of books/websites whose words are taken so literally. If they are seeking confirmation of own (negative) experiences to write about from examples they produce.

One of my 3 children has a very tight Moon conjunct Pluto across Virgo-Libra in the 7th house. O.K., it's in a grand trine with Mercury-Saturn, yet is also square an 11th house Jupiter. Moon is quincunx/inconjunct a 2nd house Mars.

I continued working to pay for an expensive further education, yet which was no harship as I preferred 'being useful' outdoors rather than in the home.
The aspect reveals much about the intricate complex within the marriage. Times were very tough.

I consider us to have a normal (Virgo?) mother-child relationship....no news is good news:smile:. We can talk openly about everything, even if there are the occasional cross tongues regarding a difference of view points.

......myself- strong. I basically raise these [boys] by myself. Their father is in the picture but works 6 days a week and isnt very present when he is here. I do everything

I was very touched when, at a low time in its life, my child said, 'you are my example to follow'. I know it was meant in a positive sense. This may be what Rahu implies with his comment:
Moon-Pluto.........does show that you will have an extreme deep impression on his subconscious emotional reactions............
The mirror through which your experience of life develops his?:smile: