Sun Conjunct Jupiter

tobby

If you read your old post, then read my response that answers your question :smile:
If it was I wouldn't ask you anyway. Instead of underestimating the intelligence of another person you could simply post a real answer and prove your point - if you had an answer -.
And obviously if you could post a real answer to my question you'd do it instead of avoiding it. Your previous post in which you quoted this old post of mine (#57) is irrelevant to what I had mentioned there.

JUPITERASC

If it was I wouldn't ask you anyway.
Instead of underestimating the intelligence of another person you could simply post a real answer and prove your point - if you had an answer -.
And obviously if you could post a real answer to my question you'd do it instead of avoiding it.
Your previous post in which you quoted this old post of mine (#57) is irrelevant to what I had mentioned there.
You are of course entitled to your opinion with which many would disagree :smile:

JUPITERASC

There's always a valid reason to learn more on the forum even if that means bumping a forum.
Quite :smile:
This is an interesting discussion for sure.
I remember reading that "the Sun is malefic by conjunction only" which seems to back up what JUPITERASC just posted and the rule only seems to apply to natal charts and not synastry, progressions, or transits.
Would like to do some reading on this subject if anyone has works they would like to recommend.

Regarding the conjunction aspect, mine is afflicted
and it has been hard to say whether I get more benefit from the conjunction with Jupiter
or more problems from the square to Pluto.
Generally my friends seem to think it's the former while I think it's the latter.
That said I did experience a lucky change of direction in the 90s which put me in a better place
and that happened while progressed Jupiter was conjunct the progressed AC exactly.
Most of the positive in my life directly or indirectly traces back to that time.

With Sun square Saturn (apologies for the digression) Liz Greene interprets it differently, stating the individual is far more driven to make something of their abilities so it comes off as a strong desire for achievement regardless of one's family background and upbringing. Of course the aspect carries with it the pessimism inherent in Saturn.

JUPITERASC

I guess so.
I really wanna know what the results of this conjunction are.

Like everything we've said is theoretical.
The weather forecast is also theoretical yet many find it useful
particularly ships at sea/on the ocean :smile:
In any event update us in a decade or two when "the results" are known to you
assuming this site is still functioning then

JUPITERASC

Does anyone know the chart of someone who has a very good Sun-Jup conjunction and what they're doing nowadays?
Oh, who am I kidding. That's really general too.
You can't really know for sure since there are sooooooo many factors in a natal chart.
Exactly. So the way forward assuming one has sufficient interest
is to read, study, learn and practice
:smile:

JUPITERASC

And besides, there are so many differences and opinions among astrologers.
Some might say Sun-Jup conjunction is the best type of aspect you can have with these two planets.
However, some say the trine is better.
I really don't know.
Also, some people change the orb of consideration for a planet to be 'cazimi'
while some people say that 'cazimi' doesn't exist
and it's even worse (the closer to the sun, the worse)
Well said - an opinion is just that - an opinion - we all have opinions and are entitled to those opinions :smile:
reading, studying, learning and practicing brings the answers by personal research
which may differ obviously from the research methodology of others

animatedoodle

I know someone who has Sun conjunct Jupiter by 2 degrees. Their sense of self is greatly distorted. This person has had great misfortune in their life, but also a lot of great fortune, based on taking opportunities and being a larger than life character. The house containing this conj is the 5th house. So there is a distortion in the way this individual sees romantic affairs, children, and their self expression is very extroverted, big and boisterous, very Leo.

Anyone else know someone with a tight Sun/Jupiter conjunction? Similar themes? Does the house change the tone?

JUPITERASC

I know someone who has Sun conjunct Jupiter by 2 degrees.
Their sense of self is greatly distorted.
This person has had great misfortune in their life, but also a lot of great fortune, based on taking opportunities and being a larger than life character.
The house containing this conj is the 5th house.
So there is a distortion in the way this individual sees romantic affairs, children,
and their self expression is very extroverted, big and boisterous, very Leo.

Anyone else know someone with a tight Sun/Jupiter conjunction? Similar themes?
Does the house change the tone?
You wonder whether change of tone is related to house
and I'm wondering in which SIGN their Sun-Jupiter conjunction in 5th is

animatedoodle

Hi JASC!
I'm drinking tea right now with you in mind! :biggrin:

That particular conjunction is in Leo, 5th house. So double Leo intensity.

So there is problems with vanity, needing an audience, being righteous etc. But there is also great personal style, generous with loved ones, and charming to strangers unless of course, they get in their way. Then they turn cruel, spiteful, judgemental etc..

JUPITERASC

Hi JASC!
I'm drinking tea right now with you in mind! :biggrin:

That particular conjunction is in Leo, 5th house.
So double Leo intensity.
Thema Mundi differs with respect to 5th house http://www.azastrologers.org/Articles/NoblehorseThemaMundi.pdf

THEMA MUNDI AN ALTERNATE TO NATURAL HOUSE RULERS http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52099

attachment.php

So there is problems with vanity, needing an audience, being righteous etc.
But there is also great personal style, generous with loved ones, and charming to strangers
unless of course, they get in their way.
Then they turn cruel, spiteful, judgemental etc..
Not only Leos are vain, need and audience, act righteous and so on
And similary not only Leos but also many other Signs are generous with their loved ones, charming to strangers
and can turn nasty if thwarted

The originator of this thread has an Aries Sun-Jupiter conjunction in a day chart with sun above the horizon
and
although sun is in domicile in Leo and very strong arguably stronger than when in exaltation in Aries :smile:
this particular example you provided is interesting because Leo sun in 5th and so is a night chart

animatedoodle

Not only Leos are vain, need and audience, act righteous and so on
And similary not only Leos but also many other Signs are generous with their loved ones, charming to strangers
and can turn nasty if thwarted

The originator of this thread has an Aries Sun-Jupiter conjunction in a day chart with sun above the horizon
and
although sun is in domicile in Leo and very strong arguably stronger than when in exaltation in Aries :smile:
this particular example you provided is interesting because Leo sun in 5th and so is a night chart

Yes of course, you are right.
This is a chart that I offered in the "Narcissist" thread, so my example is one of an out of sect SUN-JUP-MARS conj where both the SUN and JUPITER are out of sect. And yet in the house and sign where they are the strongest. Mars being in SECT (Nocturnal)

I guess this could be a clue to explain the extreme fortune/misfortunes that the individual went through in their life.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Yes of course, you are right.
This is a chart that I offered in the "Narcissist" thread,
so my example is one of an out of sect SUN-JUP-MARS conj where both the SUN and JUPITER are out of sect.
And yet in the house and sign where they are the strongest.
Mars being in SECT (Nocturnal)

I guess this could be a clue to explain the extreme fortune/misfortunes that the individual went through in their life.

very interesting that your example is of the conjunction in a night chart
and so Leo Jupiter is in triplicity
which strengthens Jupiter
whereas the Leo Sun is out of sect
but in domicile so has the resources

For the Aries Sun-Jupiter conjunction in a day chart Jupiter is not as strong
particularly being combust and peregrine
Mars is also a consideration because both planets are in Mars Aries domicile :smile:

Mars added to the equation in a night chart with the conjunction in Leo
brings in considerations of which degree these planets occupy
Mars is peregrine except for the last decanate of Leo

jkxx74

Premium Member
JUPITERASC,

thank you for sharing the profession wheel. This is interesting as Jupiter is associated with the number 12 due to its orbit and the theory you put forth seems to hold as I was 12 during its aspect in the progressed chart. Looking at other significant years there's again a coincidence between events and the houses listed so there seems to be something to that.

animated, you said

I know someone who has Sun conjunct Jupiter by 2 degrees. Their sense of self is greatly distorted. This person has had great misfortune in their life, but also a lot of great fortune, based on taking opportunities and being a larger than life character. The house containing this conj is the 5th house. So there is a distortion in the way this individual sees romantic affairs, children, and their self expression is very extroverted, big and boisterous, very Leo.

Anyone else know someone with a tight Sun/Jupiter conjunction? Similar themes? Does the house change the tone?
and will agree the distortion theme is relevant to me but in exactly the opposite way of what you wrote, without going into too much detail.

Unfortunately I don't know anyone besides myself with the aspect so can't comment on personality traits from observation. However, I seem to have more than a few friends with Sun square Jupiter in their charts, and usually they have the sun in Leo or Aries.

JUPITERASC

JUPITERASC,

thank you for sharing the profession wheel.
This is interesting as Jupiter is associated with the number 12 due to its orbit
and the theory you put forth seems to hold as I was 12 during its aspect in the progressed chart.
Looking at other significant years there's again a coincidence between events and the houses listed
so there seems to be something to that.
The use of the ancient astrological technique of PROFECTION
is what the wheel I posted relates to :smile:
PROFECTION is discussed with useful examples at
http://www.sevenstarsastrology.com/?p=362
as well as http://www.sevenstarsastrology.com/?p=497
and so on

Certainly the link with Jupiters 12-year cycle is more food for thought

JUPITERASC

animated, you said
Quote:

and will agree the distortion theme is relevant to me but in exactly the opposite way of what you wrote, without going into too much detail.

Unfortunately I don't know anyone besides myself with the aspect
so can't comment on personality traits from observation.
However, I seem to have more than a few friends with Sun square Jupiter in their charts,
and usually they have the sun in Leo or Aries.
There are likely to be various random examples of Sun-Jupiter conjunction charts elsewhere on the forum
It's worth checking but could take time

Meanwhile
your Sun-Jupiter conjunction in Capricorn in 1st house
links to Saturn-ruled Aquarius 2nd house issues
out of sect Saturn is in Scorpio in 11th whole sign house

Scorpios in-sect ruler Mars
in its own Triplicity and Terms
is in conjunction with
in-sect Exalted Venus in 3rd whole sign house

jollyzal

Banned

It's funny. In my case I have it in the 9th house. I don't know if any other factors played a role in what I'm about to say, but during my late childhood I never had a particularly high self-esteem. It was kinda low. I only got my self-esteem back AFTER I learned about self-esteem itself, and why you should love yourself. A lot of my fortunes in life have been thanks to learning and seeing the larger picture. I've always been that kind of person who, to fix a problem, looks back on his mistakes and firmly thinks "No, this is wrong. I gotta fix this. I don't care about anything else. Starting today I won't make that mistake ever again." It's that kind of mentality that has given me so much. It's very Aries-like. It does have to do with Mars ruling Sun-Jup. That kind of thinking has only happened after I've faced setbacks or disappointments. After that, I get frustrated and deeply delve into the situation to fix it from the inside out (Mars in Scorpio).

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

It's funny. In my case I have it in the 9th house.
You have Cancer ascendant so its 10th whole sign house :smile:
I don't know if any other factors played a role in what I'm about to say,
but during my late childhood I never had a particularly high self-esteem.
It was kinda low.
I only got my self-esteem back AFTER I learned about self-esteem itself, and why you should love yourself.
seventeen is not legally considered adult
A lot of my fortunes in life have been thanks to learning and seeing the larger picture.
I've always been that kind of person who, to fix a problem, looks back on his mistakes and firmly thinks
"No, this is wrong. I gotta fix this.
I don't care about anything else. Starting today I won't make that mistake ever again."
It's that kind of mentality that has given me so much.
It's very Aries-like.
It does have to do with Mars ruling Sun-Jup.
That kind of thinking has only happened after I've faced setbacks or disappointments.
After that, I get frustrated and deeply delve into the situation to fix it from the inside out (Mars in Scorpio).
Deciding to fix mistakes in order to avoid their repetition
is not limited solely to natives with Aries Sun-Jupiter conjunctions ruled by Scorpio Mars
because clearly
those with common sense - irrespective of zodiac sign - often realise that mistakes are best avoided :smile:
many who "delve deeply into situations" do not necessarily have a Scorpio Mars
so there are other factors to consider

kimbermoon

I have my Sun @ 0Cancer conjunct Jupiter@ 5Cancer in the 8th House.

I can say that I did not come from a wealthy background at all, and instead have experienced many losses and misfortunes, which I see as being the result of Mars being in opposition to Sun/Jupiter from the 2nd.
In retrospect though I do believe the conjunction has contributed to my studiousness over the many years; I have rather keen psychological insights and am also very charitable and giving by nature.

Once again, I think this shows that the aspects to such a conjunction [as in all other cases] will qualify the nature of whether it works for benefit in the person's life or not.

tobby

I have my Sun @ 0Cancer conjunct Jupiter@ 5Cancer in the 8th House.

I can say that I did not come from a wealthy background at all, and instead have experienced many losses and misfortunes, which I see as being the result of Mars being in opposition to Sun/Jupiter from the 2nd.
In retrospect though I do believe the conjunction has contributed to my studiousness over the many years; I have rather keen psychological insights and am also very charitable and giving by nature.

Once again, I think this shows that the aspects to such a conjunction [as in all other cases] will qualify the nature of whether it works for benefit in the person's life or not.
May I ask, how tight is the Sun/Jupiter conjunction?

jollyzal

Banned
May I ask, how tight is the Sun/Jupiter conjunction?

It's 5 degrees away in his case.

edit: Oh yeah, forgot to mention what happened in my own case. I wasn't born in a very wealthy family either, but we've had experienced moments of REALLY good wealth, moments of becoming rich but they didn't last too long. We've traveled a lot overseas. I've been to many countries. We were especially well-off last year and maybe this year we will be in a good position too. My hope is to become rich when I get older.

Last edited: