Is Neptune an Astrological Planet?

david starling

Those who believe an Astrological Planet must be visible without a telescope say "no", even though Neptune is considered a full-fledged Planet by astronomers. Whereas, those who don't require that an Astrological Planet be visible without a telescope say "yes". :biggrin:

david starling

Sometimes logic turns against itself and twist around in a circle that explodes into a volcano that burns up villages.

Y

Yes and no. Astrological thinking is star-logic that twists around in a circle; and, it sometimes turns against itself. Not seeing how it causes volcanoes though.

ynnest

So does it affect your astrology chart in your opinion? :smile:

Y

You gotta remember that I have not followed your opinion on these subjects to closely even though I now vaguely remember some of the stuff. I don't want to bite in the sour apple.

In my opinion I have seen neptune validate countable charts through transits to major life events so it clearly provided value in those specific instances.

Y

david starling

Astrologers don't necessarily accept Modern astronomers' definitions of what's a "planet" and what's not. Neptune is classified as a planet by astronomers, but not as an ASTROLOGICAL planet by many Traditional (including Vedic) astrologers. Conversely, most Modern astronomers have reclassified Pluto as a "dwarf-planet" astronomically-speaking, because it hasn't "cleared its orbit", but all Modern astrologers still use it as a full-fledged Astrological planet.

Last edited:

waybread

David, are you sufficiently bored just now that you wish to start up yet another mod/trad debate?

Surely you've worked out the answer to this one to your own satisfaction.

david starling

David, are you sufficiently bored just now that you wish to start up yet another mod/trad debate?

It's a real surprise to many new students of Astrology that there are those who don't use ANY of the outermost planets. They can be highly critical of this, especially because one of their outermost astrological planets, Pluto, has become so important to the younger Mods. Just pointing out that Mods are ALSO ignoring astronomers by continuing to consider it a true planet for astrological purposes.

Last edited:

david starling

Just for the record, I'm using Pluto myself, as Native-ruler of Scorpio. IMO it's in the right place in the solar system, and is moving at the right speed. Even has a closer approach to the Sun than Neptune.

Last edited:

david starling

Depends on the astrologer. I'm not going to criticize anyone for not using Neptune in a Chart, although I admit that I have, in the past.

CapAquaPis

Neptune is an important piece of the puzzle in astrology when all the planets are concerned. Uranus/Neptune conjunctions places a person more likely to be LGBTQ, and Uranus is the "q" planet. Last year (2017 Neptune enters Aries, Uranus enters Taurus, close enough) and 25 years ago (May-Jul 1993 in Capricorn) was when they were in exact conjunction.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

Neptune is called a higher octave of Venus, while the other outer planet Uranus is a higher octave of Mercury, and Pluto is the higher octave of Mars. It's said Ceres is the higher octave of the moon, but this isn't official in all of astrology. Neptune is said to be the planet of the media, celebrities and entertainment, esp. it's sign it rules of Pisces and for some reason, a hint of Leo in their chart.

david starling

Neptune is called a higher octave of Venus, while the other outer planet Uranus is a higher octave of Mercury, and Pluto is the higher octave of Mars. It's said Ceres is the higher octave of the moon, but this isn't official in all of astrology. Neptune is said to be the planet of the media, celebrities and entertainment, esp. it's sign it rules of Pisces and for some reason, a hint of Leo in their chart.

I use Neptune as a "generational" indicator, and as one that describes the "eras", such as the "The Roaring 20s" for Neptune in Leo. :biggrin:

CapAquaPis

The octaves of the planets:
* Sun (higher) - Saturn (lower): light, dark and deity.
* Moon (higher) - ceres (lower) : femininity, fertility and family.
* Mercury (higher) - Uranus (lower): science, oddity and innovation.
* Venus (higher) - Neptune (lower): beauty, celebrity and style.
* Mars (higher) - Pluto (lower): war, hatred and death.
* Jupiter (higher) - Eris (lower): power, business and fortune.
* Lilith (higher) - Chiron (lower): medical, healing and nurture.
* Cruithne (higher) - Sedna (lower): mysticism, psyche and spirituality.

Note Cruithne is one of 3 Earth's natural satellites, but like Lilith, they are not visible to the naked eye, unlike the Moon...obviously we're able to view that.

Opal

Premium Member
Hehehehehe

It is an astrological entity. It fits well as the ruler of Pisces.

It needs a meme from JupiterAsc before it is real though.😄