Is that person looking at me weird? or is it all in my head? (mars in scorpio)

Oren

Lately, I've been wondering if I've been unduly feeding into my ego reading about the personal magnetism associated with having a Mars in Scorpio placement. I'm aware of the other implications of this placement as well, but I've always wondered how exactly mine is functioning since mine is retrograde. Lately I feel like I'm getting a lot of mixed signals from people, particularly someone I have feelings for.

Attachments

• 2455490898447 copy.gif
    2455490898447 copy.gif
    16.3 KB · Views: 35

Oren

i'd say not completely. your birth time is later than mine so the planets might be in different houses. my mars is in the 1st house.

well i don't find myself magnetic or at least i won't allow myself to think that just because of the scorpio planets. :wink: with women i've lost a few opportunities here and there because of the testing and maybe being a little too possessive. mars in scorpio needs to chill, be more open, say what they feel instead of playing chess and trying to anticipate which moves win you the game with least risk.:biggrin:

LOL, I've never considered myself magnetic either, even with any scorpio influences. I've only recently read about scorpion magnetism. The only reason it struck me was because when I think back, I've never been the initiator of my past relationships. It would always be the other person who asked me out, and it would always be a shock to me. Only recently do I find myself on the other end, which is why I'm eating up everything I have that's scorpion, lol. I'm trying to be chill about it, but Id still like to ensure a checkmate.:biggrin:

Earth Sign

I would love to learn more about Mars in Scorpio. Both my mother and my brother have this placement, and I've been having a hard time seeing it in either of them. Maybe I'm just used to it, though, because my mother has told me that she has always attracted strangers in her life. People would walk up to her start talking to her as if they knew her, so apparently she has some powerful presence. It should also be said that my mother was physically attractive in her younger years, so that may account for a lot of it. She's attracted odd-balls all throughout her life. Astrologically, it's hard to say why.

My brother also gets noticed by strangers, but he has a rather strange appearance that most people find alarming, hah. Those who aren't scared by him are usually intrigued by him, anyway, and often talk to him with more confidence than normal, and seem to find his unconventionality refreshing. But, I don't want to tie anything to Mars in Scorpio that isn't related at all. Other than his physical eccentricities, I'm not sure what kind of natural magnetism he possesses. He has recently discovered the manipulative effect he can have on others by being friendly and making eye contact, and I guess his fascination with that could be considered Scorpionic, I don't know.

Because I'm used to my family being around, I could be completely missing the magnetism of this placement. The other qualities it's supposed to have also don't seem to fit them.

Recently I was overhearing a documentary about Hunter S. Thompson that my family was watching, and instantly Mars-in-Scorpio bells starting going off in my head, based on the descriptions I had read. I looked him up online, and sure enough, Mars in Scorpio. I recognized it in him (I guess), but why isn't it so easy to see in my family? I'll attach their charts.

Attachments

• MomsAstrologyChart_001.jpg
    MomsAstrologyChart_001.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 27
  • BillsAstrologyChart_001.jpg
    BillsAstrologyChart_001.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 23

Oren

I would love to learn more about Mars in Scorpio. Both my mother and my brother have this placement, and I've been having a hard time seeing it in either of them. Maybe I'm just used to it, though, because my mother has told me that she has always attracted strangers in her life. People would walk up to her start talking to her as if they knew her, so apparently she has some powerful presence. It should also be said that my mother was physically attractive in her younger years, so that may account for a lot of it. She's attracted odd-balls all throughout her life. Astrologically, it's hard to say why.

My brother also gets noticed by strangers, but he has a rather strange appearance that most people find alarming, hah. Those who aren't scared by him are usually intrigued by him, anyway, and often talk to him with more confidence than normal, and seem to find his unconventionality refreshing. But, I don't want to tie anything to Mars in Scorpio that isn't related at all. Other than his physical eccentricities, I'm not sure what kind of natural magnetism he possesses. He has recently discovered the manipulative effect he can have on others by being friendly and making eye contact, and I guess his fascination with that could be considered Scorpionic, I don't know.

Because I'm used to my family being around, I could be completely missing the magnetism of this placement. The other qualities it's supposed to have also don't seem to fit them.

Recently I was overhearing a documentary about Hunter S. Thompson that my family was watching, and instantly Mars-in-Scorpio bells starting going off in my head, based on the descriptions I had read. I looked him up online, and sure enough, Mars in Scorpio. I recognized it in him (I guess), but why isn't it so easy to see in my family? I'll attach their charts.

I can say I know exactly what you're talking about when you described your mother. Before I knew about Mars in Scorpio, or even astrology, people would walk up to me and start talking to me as if they knew me as well. At first I would be like, what the hell is going on?, and wonder if I had my life story plastered on my forehead or something and I just didn't know it.
Regarding your brother, I've read that the Mars in Scorpio influence can make males attractive to the opposite sex regardless of whether or not they're actually physically attractive. I can't find the link right now, but regarding his discovery of that manipulative effect, I've read that that tends to occur when mars in scorpio natives fall towards the darker side, usually a result of having a low self-esteem and not able to adequately express the scorpion energy. Generally Mars in Scorpio will draw attention to you positive or negative I think. If someone's not staring at you out of attraction, they're probably staring at you because they think you're up to something. As to why you can't immediately see the MiS in your family members, I can only think possibly it has to do with you living with them, unless there are aspects of your own chart that influence your dynamic with them.

I'm still a novice in astrology, so I'm not up to being able to read charts yet, but hopefully someone will as I'm curious about their input into your mother's and brother's Mars in Scorpio as well.

In the meantime, here's some people's perspectives I've read about Mars in Scorpio:
http://mars-in-scorpio.tribe.net/thread/369a0f7a-9b50-4ed1-9a88-a0a9253d7655
http://mars-in-scorpio.tribe.net/thread/a7cfbacb-9737-447a-b4b3-15a7e626ffb3
http://mars-in-scorpio.tribe.net/thread/b3de3015-28c6-4f3b-a25c-34905f5daed5
http://marsinscorpio.tribe.net/thread/3c8ff87d-7826-467c-b6d8-ebb2faa85950

Last edited:

queenfluff

Scorpio in general is considered like this. Us Scorpio Rising have the same problem.

If you have Mars in Scorpio in the first house, it would definately affect your magnetism.

I don't consider myself magnetic either but others do and I have Scorpio Rising and a Neptune conjunct Asc.

lacellrein, you have Mars in Scorpio in your first house so that will effect the "personal magmetism". Any planet in the first house will effect how people might respond to your appearance that the first house helps to mould.

Oren your Mars in Scorpio looks to be in your 11th house (I am not used to that chart you have - no numbers. :) ). I would take a look at your planets in your first house. You have Neptune in Capricorn. What are your aspects? If you Neptune is conjunct your Ascendant, that may tell you something.

Oren

Scorpio in general is considered like this. Us Scorpio Rising have the same problem.

If you have Mars in Scorpio in the first house, it would definately affect your magnetism.

I don't consider myself magnetic either but others do and I have Scorpio Rising and a Neptune conjunct Asc.

lacellrein, you have Mars in Scorpio in your first house so that will effect the "personal magmetism". Any planet in the first house will effect how people might respond to your appearance that the first house helps to mould.

Oren your Mars in Scorpio looks to be in your 11th house (I am not used to that chart you have - no numbers. :) ). I would take a look at your planets in your first house. You have Neptune in Capricorn. What are your aspects? If you Neptune is conjunct your Ascendant, that may tell you something.

my bad - I just got a new chart drawn from astro.com, let me know if that works better

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_hp_4046_16187.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_hp_4046_16187.gif
    50.7 KB · Views: 41

Oren

hmm.. never knew that hst was a mars in scorpio. he does pretty much test how far he could go with his gonzo journalism, drug taking, politics, etc.. the sad part is that he chose to go out the same style as hemingway (shotgun right?) and wrote a suicide note tying himself to paris hilton.

lots of self-directed intensity for sure...now I'm wondering if his Mars in Scorpio was retrograde...

queenfluff

my bad - I just got a new chart drawn from astro.com, let me know if that works better

Thanks! Nicer to read.

Well, I can't tell for sure (and I am newb at interpretation just so you know but I like this practice..helps me learn things) but you do have Uranus Conjunct Asc - the thing is it looks like your Uranus in your 12th house, but right on the edgy next to your asc. I am not sure if this would make a difference in your appearance since it is not in your 1st house. Although I did some people talking about 12th house and ascendant too -so since it is so close maybe it might. Apparently the close a conjunct asc is in degrees to your asc, the more it can effect you (ie your appearance). Or that is my understanding. I have Neptune conj. Asc within 3 degrees so it gives my Scorpio Rising features a slightly "Neptuney" qualities (ie dreamy I guess :) ).

I did find this though on Uranus Conjunct Asc:
http://www.astrozoom.com/astrologer/astrology/ascendant-conjunct-uranus-/

Sound like you? Uranus is about individuality so you might be very unique looking which is why you get some weird looks. :) Good thing in my book. People are often afraid of us Scorpio Rising - I don't like that. You have Capricorn Rising so what ever features might be "Saturnian" (the ruler of Capricorn) might apply to you. I am not familiar with the Saturian look. I would look into that too.

I am just starting on reading my chapter in my book about conjuncts and such so if I figure anything else out I will add it to here.

Oren

Thanks! Nicer to read.

Well, I can't tell for sure (and I am newb at interpretation just so you know but I like this practice..helps me learn things) but you do have Uranus Conjunct Asc - the thing is it looks like your Uranus in your 12th house, but right on the edgy next to your asc. I am not sure if this would make a difference in your appearance since it is not in your 1st house. Although I did some people talking about 12th house and ascendant too -so since it is so close maybe it might. Apparently the close a conjunct asc is in degrees to your asc, the more it can effect you (ie your appearance). Or that is my understanding. I have Neptune conj. Asc within 3 degrees so it gives my Scorpio Rising features a slightly "Neptuney" qualities (ie dreamy I guess :) ).

I did find this though on Uranus Conjunct Asc:
http://www.astrozoom.com/astrologer/astrology/ascendant-conjunct-uranus-/

Sound like you? Uranus is about individuality so you might be very unique looking which is why you get some weird looks. :) Good thing in my book. People are often afraid of us Scorpio Rising - I don't like that. You have Capricorn Rising so what ever features might be "Saturnian" (the ruler of Capricorn) might apply to you. I am not familiar with the Saturian look. I would look into that too.

I am just starting on reading my chapter in my book about conjuncts and such so if I figure anything else out I will add it to here.

excellent article, I defintely relate - I do like to think I'm unique for instance, for better or worse, lol. The fact that people are often afraid of scorpio rising sounds very much like the effect of that mars intensity that you emantate i think - something that can be intimidating? ...I have capricorn rising? I thought I was sagittarius rising...

queenfluff

excellent article, I defintely relate - I do like to think I'm unique for instance, for better or worse, lol. The fact that people are often afraid of scorpio rising sounds very much like the effect of that mars intensity that you emantate i think - something that can be intimidating? ...I have capricorn rising? I thought I was sagittarius rising...

Oops my bad! I was looking at your two planets in your first house which are in Capricorn and got frazzled. :) I alway think first house planets and/= rising sign. Yes, you are a Sag Rising but no planets in the Sag part of your first house. Sag is ruled by Jupiter! :)

Oren

Oops my bad! I was looking at your two planets in your first house which are in Capricorn and got frazzled. :) I alway think first house planets and/= rising sign. Yes, you are a Sag Rising but no planets in the Sag part of your first house. Sag is ruled by Jupiter! :)

lol, np, I'm still not even up to being able to read charts yet - so both my planets in my first house are in capricorn? Does that indicate that I look more capricorn than sag even though I'm a sag rising? I've always been confused about how I come accross to people...I use to think I was just taurus, until someone told me I actually come accross as a sag because of my sag rising...but do you think the first house capricorn influence is stronger?
Also, are you able to tell if my saturn in the first house is well-aspected or not? or if it's afflicted?

Last edited:

queenfluff

lol, np, I'm still not even up to being able to read charts yet - so both my planets in my first house are in capricorn? Does that indicate that I look more capricorn than sag even though I'm a sag rising? I've always been confused about how I come accross to people...I use to think I was just taurus, until someone told me I actually come accross as a sag because of my sag rising...but do you think the first house capricorn influence is stronger?
Also, are you able to tell if my saturn in the first house is well-aspected or not? or if it's afflicted?

Yes, both are in Capricorn. The key at the left upper hand corner will tell you what planet is in what sign. You have Neptune and Jupiter (not Saturn) in your 1st house. Saturn is in your 11th house in Scorpio. (The Saturn looks like a curly lowercase "h" with a cross and the Jupiter sort of looks like a sidewords J in a way - yeah, they are similar looking. :) )

The planets in your 1st house can affect your ascendant if they have aspects to them. Your Jupiter is aspected (semisextile) to your Asc but it is neutral so probably has no majory effect to your appearance. It is minor aspect. Some might say your Uranus in your 12th house that is very close to your asc line might effect it because it is conjunct to your asc. Planets conjunct to the ascendant in the 1st house (the house of personality) can affect your appearance.

Your Saturn has the same sort of neutral aspect to your asc that your Jupiter has so it is not very significant for your appearance I would think. Plus it needs to be in the same house as your asc.

LIke I said I am new so I look this stuff up and go based on what some of the other have taught me on here. Some more senior astrologers on here might have a different view.

Technically, you should come across as a Sagitarrius at first to new people you meet than as people get to know you - they will see more of the sun sign (which is your core personality) of Taurus.

Oren

Yes, both are in Capricorn. The key at the left upper hand corner will tell you what planet is in what sign. You have Neptune and Jupiter (not Saturn) in your 1st house. Saturn is in your 11th house in Scorpio. (The Saturn looks like a curly lowercase "h" with a cross and the Jupiter sort of looks like a sidewords J in a way - yeah, they are similar looking. :) )

The planets in your 1st house can affect your ascendant if they have aspects to them. Your Jupiter is aspected (semisextile) to your Asc but it is neutral so probably has no majory effect to your appearance. It is minor aspect. Some might say your Uranus in your 12th house that is very close to your asc line might effect it because it is conjunct to your asc. Planets conjunct to the ascendant in the 1st house (the house of personality) can affect your appearance.

Your Saturn has the same sort of neutral aspect to your asc that your Jupiter has so it is not very significant for your appearance I would think. Plus it needs to be in the same house as your asc.

LIke I said I am new so I look this stuff up and go based on what some of the other have taught me on here. Some more senior astrologers on here might have a different view.

Technically, you should come across as a Sagitarrius at first to new people you meet than as people get to know you - they will see more of the sun sign (which is your core personality) of Taurus.

I totally started 2 threads thinking I was a saturn in the first:pinched: *face palms*...how do you determine if a planet is neutral? if it's neutral, does that mean the planet has little overall effect on me? or does it still have an effect, just not on appearance?

queenfluff

I totally started 2 threads thinking I was a saturn in the first:pinched: *face palms*...how do you determine if a planet is neutral? if it's neutral, does that mean the planet has little overall effect on me? or does it still have an effect, just not on appearance?

Yeah, I saw those. :) That is OK. I couldn't remember which was Uranus or Neptune at first - I kept getting those mixed up. :)

It is not the planets themselves that are neutral is the the aspects (or angles) between them. The planets always have a meaning. In general, the planets represent differnt parts of your psyche or personality ( ie. Venus = relationships, any kind not just love; and Mercury represents the mind etc etc).

Why and how you may demonstrate these planets in your life is answered by what sign they are in. For example, if you had Venus in Virgo - you may be looking for perfection or purity in your relationship because that is what the sign of Virgo is about (all that is needed to understand this to learn about the signs individually) and lastly, the House that the planets fall in represents the area of your life where you will see these parts of your personality be most important. Like Venus in Virgo, in the sixth house; the sixth house is the house of service (or work) so you having Venus in Virgo in the 6th house will be a strong influence in your work relationships. :)

Make sense? The aspects that are "neutral" that I mention just are "weak" (meaning not strong) aspects. They still have meaning but you may not notice them or they may not have any strong effects with the two planets they aspect.

The conjuction aspect is basically a "fusion" - two planets right on top of each other and when this happens, one does not function with out the other. Meaning one will effect the other - this is a a stronger aspect that can alter the way the planets in signs effect you in your houses.

This is why astrologers look for conjunctions and oppostion aspects when people are confused about how they feel, their lives etc...

adrianastrologer

Oren,

This is a great topic - I'm fascinated by this question. My father had Mars in Scorpio and he was very charismatic and sensual, but his Mars was Square Pluto, and encouraged the potentially violent, combative part of this sign. Marianne Williamson, the spirtual lecturer, has this placement. In the past, I think it's effected her personal and business relationships, but it can also give someone a clear determination and focus - a spiritual power. People look at Mars in Scorpio people because there is an intensity that is like a laser with these people.

I'm still learning about this stuff myself, but I would tend to think that your Mars in Scorpio, being in the 11th house (humanitarian, aquarius-like), along with your Moon in Virgo which would give you a certain "refinement" in your behavior - might take away the harshness of the sign and give you a quietly intense, smoldering quality. Then there is your Saturn in Scorpio (also in the 11th house) which suggests you might try to repress any emotion that you think is too overwhelming - sex, anger, etc. All this inner tension, added to the sensuality of Venus in Taurus could make someone say, "Hey, what's going on with him (or her)?"

ariana

Hi everyone, i know exactly what you mean, specially when you think people or someone is looking at you weird, but i think this is an energy that comes out from you, then people percive it and may cause them to think what's going on. You know when you repres your energy, somehow need to be realeased, so unscounsciously, not being aware of it, your eyes, your gaze, whatever on you, might "talk" this energy out.
i do have the same aspect, mars conjunct saturn in scorpio, plus in house 5, and i have to say i have allways felt odd when it comes to relationships, to flirt, to have fun, etc, whatever is related to house 5, that is. plus i do have pluto opposite moon. i do respress a lot, a lot a lot, my energies. and its a constant in me to feel look at weirdly.i think people and some women sometimes look at me wrong, and might be only my perception. i dont know. but i star to be paranoic. im starting to have serious problems with it. and i wonder when its just gonna finish.