Donald Trump will be impeached.

JUPITERASC

bracosnstinion-coam-email-branco-reagan-com-2018-can-update-we-shouldsee-evidence-of-30314566.png

Witchyone

When was the Constitution overthrown? Or do you mean dictatorial in the sense of 'someone I don't like is president'?

The Congress is charged with appropriating funds. The president is not. He's abusing the concept of a national emergency to get around the fact that the branch of government responsible for appropriating funds refused to appropriate the funds in the way he wanted.

ynnest

The Congress is charged with appropriating funds. The president is not. He's abusing the concept of a national emergency to get around the fact that the branch of government responsible for appropriating funds refused to appropriate the funds in the way he wanted.

No thats a lie, you are mistaken.

Y

david starling

When was the Constitution overthrown? Or do you mean dictatorial in the sense of 'someone I don't like is president'?

CEOs are naturally dictators when they run a business, but no President is CEO of the country, as the current one believes himself to be. Currently, it's an attempt to make an "end-run" around the Constitution.

Oddity

That's called politics, and all politicians do it. I was rather upset when Obama was throwing journalists in gaol as enemies of the state and playing fast and loose with the Hamas/Hizbollah drug dealers doing business in the US, but I mark that most people didn't seem overly fussed about that.

Occasionally, VERY occasionally, you'll come across a politican who's a nice person. But it's rare, regardless of their political affiliation.

david starling

That's called politics, and all politicians do it. I was rather upset when Obama was throwing journalists in gaol as enemies of the state and playing fast and loose with the Hamas/Hizbollah drug dealers doing business in the US, but I mark that most people didn't seem overly fussed about that.

Occasionally, VERY occasionally, you'll come across a politican who's a nice person. But it's rare, regardless of their political affiliation.

Usurping the power of the Legislative Branch, designed to share power with the Presidency, isn't "politics". It's a breach of Constitutional intent.

Oddity

Usurping the power of the Legislative Branch, designed to share power with the Presidency, isn't "politics". It's a breach of Constitutional intent.

One might argue that imprisoning journalists is a breach of the first amendment. One might argue that allowing drug dealers for terrorist organisations to run free in your country is a breach of national security.

Yet few did.

I'm not trying to do 'whataboutism' here so much, as to suggest that it's only the politicians one finds unlikeable that get accused of - well, doing something they aren't actually doing. Trump hasn't usurped the breach of the legislative branch, he's doing...politics. He's not a pleasant guy, but he's not a dictator, either.

david starling

One might argue that imprisoning journalists is a breach of the first amendment. One might argue that allowing drug dealers for terrorist organisations to run free in your country is a breach of national security.

Yet few did.

I'm not trying to do 'whataboutism' here so much, as to suggest that it's only the politicians one finds unlikeable that get accused of - well, doing something they aren't actually doing. Trump hasn't usurped the breach of the legislative branch, he's doing...politics. He's not a pleasant guy, but he's not a dictator, either.

I thought Congress should have stepped in on Obama's treatment of journalists. It was Republcan-controlled at the time, but they approved of his actions, which were heavily criticized by Liberals.
This is different. Congress said "No". This President says "I'll do what I want, who cares what you say?"