Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Vedic Astrology

Vedic Astrology For discussions on Vedic astrology only.

Unread 12-06-2017, 05:49 PM

Whole Signs for Divisional charts or other types of charts?

Do you use whole signs when calculating Ashtakvarga, Aruda Padas and divisional charts?

For example, my Sun is in 1st house in Taurus, but my ASC is at the end of Aries, Sun is in mid Taurus. Does this mean I should calculate charts like Ashtakvarga and Aruda Padas for example, from Sun in 1st or Sun in 2nd?
I have the same issue with my Mercury and Venus. Mercury is in early Taurus, conjunct my ASC that is in late Aries. And Venus is in my 2nd house, which begins with Taurus, but Venus is in early Gemini. So its not clear where to calculate from and I can't seem to find info on it online, which means maybe everyone just uses whole signs?

Whole signs just dont seem correct to me though, because I definitely relate to Merc in 1st, Sun in 1st, Venus in 2nd, even though they're in the following sign.

But maybe for the other charts that doesn't matter as much, you just wanna go from the actual sign?

Also for moon chart, my moon is 23 Gem. (venus is 8 Gem, Mars is 29 Gem) would Venus be in 1st house from my moon or 12th?

Also what about interceptions? My friend has an intercepted house so not sure how to calculate their Arudas.

Tags
charts, divisional, signs, types