Neptune Square Ascendant

iblaagh

In a birth chart if Neptune square Ascendant and moon is in opposition to Ascendant,what happens, can anybody explain? Or give me a link . thanks

Really need to see the chart, depends if Neptune is squaring Asc from 4th house or 10th house and what other aspects Neptune has. Same with Moon, is in 6th house or 7th and what other aspects has the moon got?

It be most helpful to ‘post’ their charts (rather than data), for others to comment on as we are all visual. For help on how to do this, go here http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12126

Astrological data are highly sensitive. Therefore ask you to take the protection of your personal data of third persons very seriously. If you wish to post your chart or the chart of a person known to you, you must have their permission to do so or better still anonymize the name and all birth/personal data. If this is not the case, please refrain from posting this chart.

Neptune Square Ascendant

The square between Neptune and Ascendant can make us particularly insecure. Sensitivity to environment would be great whatever the aspect between these two factors, but with the hard ones we are almost completely at a loss in it. Others have no idea what is going on inside us all they know is that we are continually reacting to them.

Owing to this combination of uncertainty and impressionability our attitude is evasive, we do not always tackle problems straightforwardly, and we tend to sidestep anyone seeking a rapprochement with us. Sometimes fantasy or a false impression leads us to get hold of the wrong end of the stick and to react badly; not in a direct way, of course – insecurity prevents us from doing that – but in such a way as to lay ourselves open to charges of dishonesty, prevarication or misrepresentation. We are quickly moved, even to tears, although we do not always show it. Others may interpret this as emotional instability.

The Ascendant also represents the body and with Neptune in conflict, we could by physically below par – mostly due to our uncertainty. When we are going through a difficult patch we may need to sleep on our problems, and we can suffer from tiredness without obvious physical cause. Creative talents can be wonderfully stimulated if we take up artistic or mystical pursuits.
From the book ‘Aspects and Personality’ by Karen Hamaker-Zondag

iblaagh

Moon is squaring from 10th house and moon is in 7th house of the chart.As i have been told i can not post the the chart without the permission but any other question may be replied. Thanks.

iblaagh said:
Moon is squaring from 10th house and moon is in 7th house of the chart.As i have been told i can not post the the chart without the permission but any other question may be replied. Thanks.

You also need to consider which houses, Neptune/pisces rules and also which house cancer rules cos they are involved in the aspect, plus any other aspect to either planet :rolleyes:

moon.gif
square.gif
opposition.gif
neptune.gif

Moon square or opposition Neptune

[deleted overly-long copyrighted text - Moderator]

http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/moonneptuneaspects.html

Hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
Neptune Square Ascendant

The square between Neptune and Ascendant can make us particularly insecure. Sensitivity to environment would be great whatever the aspect between these two factors, but with the hard ones we are almost completely at a loss in it. Others have no idea what is going on inside us all they know is that we are continually reacting to them.

Owing to this combination of uncertainty and impressionability our attitude is evasive, we do not always tackle problems straightforwardly, and we tend to sidestep anyone seeking a rapprochement with us. Sometimes fantasy or a false impression leads us to get hold of the wrong end of the stick and to react badly; not in a direct way, of course – insecurity prevents us from doing that – but in such a way as to lay ourselves open to charges of dishonesty, prevarication or misrepresentation. We are quickly moved, even to tears, although we do not always show it. Others may interpret this as emotional instability.

The Ascendant also represents the body and with Neptune in conflict, we could by physically below par – mostly due to our uncertainty. When we are going through a difficult patch we may need to sleep on our problems, and we can suffer from tiredness without obvious physical cause. Creative talents can be wonderfully stimulated if we take up artistic or mystical pursuits.
From the book ‘Aspects and Personality’ by Karen Hamaker-Zondag

this description was pretty relateable.

my neptune is in capricorn 4th house squaring my ascendant. it definetely makes me unsure of who i am and also people unsure of me. for eg my gran. this aspect describes the reason she said she didnt like me because after mum died, i internalized my emotions and it made her uncomfortable. that was me experiencing this aspect on the primary, personal level, going by the Huber school of astrological thought's system. because of the negative reaction this aspect has given me, i am now ready to focus on understanding thiis aspect more, and i am very excited at the possibility of reaching a transformational level with neptune on my ascendant. it will tie in nicely with the venus pisces 6th house placement, which i will utilize by doing healing/reiki in the future, which il be learning the coming year.

another thing to note is neptune is also retrograde. with it being placed in the fourth house, which i read tends to make the native internalize emotions even more and is, i think, called a closing aspect. and being square, will have a mars quality to it. so the negative effects will be quite aggressive, until i have conquered it.

anyway, i think in order to overcome this square, i have to become aware of, and stop the tendency, to internalize my negative emotions. this has probably exasperated chronic depression i have had, although gd ol saturn in third house is responsible for that too. with neptune squaring my ascendant, i tend to place people i love on pedestals and so if they are mean to me, it causes me a lot of harm when i internalize it, thus giving the said person a lot of power. my tendency to idealize and place the world in general and people on pedestals, clouds my judgement, whereas once i have overcome this difficulty, my ability to idealize will be turned outward into the world of helping people.

any comments, suggesstions or feedback welcome.