What aspects or signs shows a lack of awareness in someone's natal chart?

Bigstar

Banned
Do anyone one of you guys think you lack self awareness? :smile:

I had to make it more clear for you guys, sorry for the mistake folks.

Last edited:

Jadi

North Node on the ascendant to a degree. Neptune aspects to the ruler of the ascendant. Or if the ruler isn't aspecting the ascendant itself at all. However, if it's receiving an aspect from the Sun you'd become more self-aware over time, I guess.

But there's a ton more. A combust Mercury, for example.

Last edited:

AppLeo

I agree with Jadi. That's a big part of lack of awareness I think.

I also think Neptune-Sun can create major self-denial or inability to see oneself for who they actually are. I have this aspect, so awesome I guess.

Neptune in general means cluelessness or delusion. Not always because Neptune can mean many other things like art, intuition, escapism collective unconscious, empathy.... But Neptune can definitely point to lack of awareness.

Neptune-venus = probably means lack of awareness in relationships.
Neptune-mars = lack of awareness in ambitions and actions
Neptune - Mercury = lacks awareness in communication

Pisces Rising or Neptune in the first house. Neptune blurs and makes it difficult to truly find an identity. If everything is blurry how can you be aware of what is going on. You're too busy looking for your glasses or lost in your own world to even care.

Jupiter, which is kind of similar to Neptune, can also create someone who is unaware. Jupiter in aspect to the Sun, for example, makes someone confident and bouncy, but that's probably because they aren't aware of their flaws or disregard small details about themselves. Jupiter-Sun tends to give people big egos, which always makes someone oblivious to every situation.

Saturn aspects can make someone TOO aware of their flaws.

Pluto aspects can also make someone TOO aware as well. Except Pluto is overly aware of hidden information – which can be false. I've noticed Scorpio people or people with strong pluto aspects assume that they know everything behind the scenes. OR they feel intense paranoia wherever they go.

Paranoia and inaccurate assumptions creates false information; and because Pluto is overly controlling and obsessive, these people are super aware of false information, which paradoxically makes them unaware. Sometimes, there isn't a message between the lines and people literally say what they mean.

For the signs itself, I would say Pisces to be the most unaware while Virgo being the most aware. Air and Earth signs are more aware. Water and Fire are more unaware.

Or you could flop it and say that each element is aware of things in their own way. Not one element is more aware than the other. Water is aware of the emotional cues, earth practical cues, air the ideas and others, and fire is just aware of themselves but not others.

Last edited:

theV

Neptune usually makes it hard to define your boundaries and your limitation. Knowing who you are and what are you capable of becomes difficult task with strong Neptune.

Bigstar

Banned
I agree with Jadi. That's a big part of lack of awareness I think.

I also think Neptune-Sun can create major self-denial or inability to see oneself for who they actually are. I have this aspect, so awesome I guess.

Neptune in general means cluelessness or delusion. Not always because Neptune can mean many other things like art, intuition, escapism collective unconscious, empathy.... But Neptune can definitely point to lack of awareness.

Neptune-venus = probably means lack of awareness in relationships.
Neptune-mars = lack of awareness in ambitions and actions
Neptune - Mercury = lacks awareness in communication

Pisces Rising or Neptune in the first house. Neptune blurs and makes it difficult to truly find an identity. If everything is blurry how can you be aware of what is going on. You're too busy looking for your glasses or lost in your own world to even care.

Jupiter, which is kind of similar to Neptune, can also create someone who is unaware. Jupiter in aspect to the Sun, for example, makes someone confident and bouncy, but that's probably because they aren't aware of their flaws or disregard small details about themselves. Jupiter-Sun tends to give people big egos, which always makes someone oblivious to every situation.

Saturn aspects can make someone TOO aware of their flaws.

Pluto aspects can also make someone TOO aware as well. Except Pluto is overly aware of hidden information – which can be false. I've noticed Scorpio people or people with strong pluto aspects assume that they know everything behind the scenes. OR they feel intense paranoia wherever they go.

Paranoia and inaccurate assumptions creates false information; and because Pluto is overly controlling and obsessive, these people are super aware of false information, which paradoxically makes them unaware. Sometimes, there isn't a message between the lines and people literally say what they mean.

For the signs itself, I would say Pisces to be the most unaware while Virgo being the most aware. Air and Earth signs are more aware. Water and Fire are more unaware.

Or you could flop it and say that each element is aware of things in their own way. Not one element is more aware than the other. Water is aware of the emotional cues, earth practical cues, air the ideas and others, and fire is just aware of themselves but not others.
What if saturn was in the first house conjunct ascendant? Overly aware of one's actions, always critical to self, speech is very controlled, always worried how they come off to others. I know someone with this in their natal chart.

Now, neptune in the first house conjunct ascendant...hm. I know someone with a neptune in the first conjunct their ascendant but they also have saturn in the first house conjunct ascendant.

What does having those two planets conjunct the ascendant really do to someone?

Jadi

Now, neptune in the first house conjunct ascendant...hm. I know someone with a neptune in the first conjunct their ascendant but they also have saturn in the first house conjunct ascendant.

If Saturn is in a good condition, it would ground the Neptunian influence. It could create a more down-to-earth approach in general. It would combine idealistic self-awareness with a flair of sober reasoning. Not taking themselves as seriously as just Saturn being there alone. IMO.

mercury and jupiter conjunct the north node adds to my 'intellectual' awareness, but it can also cause me to become oversly focused on those types of thoughts.

netpune squares this and this takes away that ability somewhat, but adds a different type of awareness...like psychic awarness...so the two juxtapose each other basically.

the same as what appleo said about different types of awareness is what i mean. on one hand, neptune takes away but it adds because im able to pick up other peoples feelings.

a comment on saturn in the first house - you would think it would cause such a realistic outlook that only the stark thruth was seen, but the truth can come across too harsh for the natives, and it is projected outward. so in that same sense, neptune allows
the perception of others more easily. and i can choose when to act aware or not, ha.

as a neptune square ascendant girl, i see more than i allow others to see that i do. youre just on a different plane sometimes. but then maybe thats the mercury north node helping me there while under neptunes cloak of illusion. i also do not see hidden motives sometimes.

everyone flits though, right??

this is something i think contradicts the whole ethos about having to work through the lessons in your chart, because as you age to oap status, your mind becomes basically decripit anyway, and you revert back to old habits. so as old age comes, any notion of work done here is lost. how does that make sense, if your soul is meant to progress?

Last edited:

AppLeo

What if saturn was in the first house conjunct ascendant? Overly aware of one's actions, always critical to self, speech is very controlled, always worried how they come off to others. I know someone with this in their natal chart.

Saturn conjunct the ascendant just makes someone overly aware to a fault, but not unaware.

They have artistic capacity combined with practical logic. They have the best of both worlds or the worst of both worlds. Saturn gives Neptune energy structure and true tangible artistic ability, while Neptune glamorizes the earthy responsibilities of Saturn. But on the flip side, Saturn destroys any form of artistic, collective unconscious expression at one moment, while Neptune deludes and makes the native incapable of performing daily practical responsibilities of life.

Conjunctions can be either difficult or easy to work with. What sign are these planets conjunct in; that could give a clue?? If it's in capricorn then obvs this person will be more responsible and repress their Neptune. If it's in a sign like Leo they'd probably be more artistic and avoid responsibilities.

Bigstar

Banned
Saturn conjunct the ascendant just makes someone overly aware to a fault, but not unaware.

They have artistic capacity combined with practical logic. They have the best of both worlds or the worst of both worlds. Saturn gives Neptune energy structure and true tangible artistic ability, while Neptune glamorizes the earthy responsibilities of Saturn. But on the flip side, Saturn destroys any form of artistic, collective unconscious expression at one moment, while Neptune deludes and makes the native incapable of performing daily practical responsibilities of life.

Conjunctions can be either difficult or easy to work with. What sign are these planets conjunct in; that could give a clue?? If it's in capricorn then obvs this person will be more responsible and repress their Neptune. If it's in a sign like Leo they'd probably be more artistic and avoid responsibilities.

Neptune and saturn both in capricorn

AppLeo

Neptune and saturn both in capricorn

There you go. More likely to be responsible and channel their artistic, intuitive energy into tangible and practical matters, but may suffer from being too involved in the material world than their artistic world.

Bigstar

Banned
There you go. More likely to be responsible and channel their artistic, intuitive energy into tangible and practical matters, but may suffer from being too involved in the material world than their artistic world.

Lol, when I was calling her on the phone. She thought I going to buy her something.

craft94

self-a·ware·ness
noun
conscious knowledge of one's own character, feelings, motives, and desires.
"the process can be painful but it leads to greater self-awareness"
What about people who are aware of their own inner thought processes and intentions and stuff but not their behavior?