What's your Briggs Myers type?

Out of curiousity...

I just did my test . And I'm an enfp! Well sometimes I'm an enfp , but sometimes I tested as an esfp .

But I think enfp fits better tbh, cuz I'm not that materialistic , but I love money and beauty, jewellery and things like that, like any other girl out there.

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
I suggest you purchase one or two of David Keirsey's books. I always preferred his interpretations the the bobsey twins(Myers and Briggs) even if they did originate the test.

I used to give the Murphy-Meisgier to children(Child's version of the Myers-Briggs).

Flapjacks

I can see you as ENFP PiscesPrincess from your posts here. :D

Bunraku, the "Executive" eh? What placements do you have?

I've taken this test a few times and I'm always either INFP of INTP. I do have Mercury/Moon opposition! Personally, I feel like a mix of both, where the "T" and "P" functions are equally strong (if that is a thing). I identify with both descriptions, except can go either way in the "feeling" and "thinking" side of them. i.e. I'm not cold and heartless with people but I also don't value feelings more than rationality. I find both appropriate at different times.

Last edited:
I can see you as ENFP PiscesPrincess from your posts here. :D

Bunraku, the "Executive" eh? What placements do you have?

I've taken this test a few times and I'm always either INFP of INTP. I do have Mercury/Moon opposition! Personally, I feel like a mix of both, where the "T" and "P" functions are equally strong (if that is a thing). I identify with both descriptions, except can go either way in the "feeling" and "thinking" side of them. i.e. I'm not cold and heartless with people but I also don't value feelings more than rationality. I find both appropriate at different times.

Ah okay :happy:. i have the same aspect too, moon-merc opposition! maybe thats why i sway between enfp & esfp. but mostly enfp.

Zarathu

Account Closed
Keirsey breaks the type categories into four major types:

NT's
NF's
SJ's
SP's

based on their basic motivation in life.

NT's just want to know everything about everything. The won't stop with a subject until they know more than anyone else, and they have a multiple set of subject like that. Its a curse that they wish they didn't have. More NT's tend to be scientists of some kind. What you see i snot the real part. 12% of the population is NT

NF's just have to be REal and genuine with everyone. They are hell bent on self actualization. More NF's tend to be counselors of some kind. 12% of the population is NF.

SJ maKe the trains run on time, and keep everything in order. The rules are your friends for the SJ. What you see is what you get. Tend to be cops, and public school teachers for example.

SP's just want to have fun. If its not fun they make it fun, even at their own expense. Action occupations such as Firemen, and trouble shooters of all kinds tend to be this

David Keirsey really going into it, and I studied it quite a bit.

Bot my parents were SJ's. My sister is an SP. My wife is an NF, and I am an extreme NT. I often get accused of arrogance simple because I know more about certain subjects than anyone else. I hate taking courses in subjects because I always have questions that the professor says aren't related to the subject but that I know are. I'd rather learn on my own. If I'd had the money I'd probably have two or three PhD's by now. I'd certainly have one in Astrology.

Flapjacks

The four temperaments are also described on this website (the book you recommended is probably better though):

http://www.keirsey.com/4temps/overview_temperaments.asp

I like the keywords: NT is "Rational", NF is "Idealist", SJ is "Guardian" and SP is "Artisan".

The Four Temperaments

As Concrete Cooperators, Guardians speak mostly of their duties and responsibilities, of what they can keep an eye on and take good care of, and they're careful to obey the laws, follow the rules, and respect the rights of others.

As Abstract Cooperators, Idealists speak mostly of what they hope for and imagine might be possible for people, and they want to act in good conscience, always trying to reach their goals without compromising their personal code of ethics.

As Concrete Utilitarians, Artisans speak mostly about what they see right in front of them, about what they can get their hands on, and they will do whatever works, whatever gives them a quick, effective payoff, even if they have to bend the rules.

As Abstract Utilitarians, Rationals speak mostly of what new problems intrigue them and what new solutions they envision, and always pragmatic, they act as efficiently as possible to achieve their objectives, ignoring arbitrary rules and conventions if need be.

They are essentially fine-tuned into the four subcategories of each temperament that correspond to the Myer-Briggs personality types.

Which do you think sounds right for you PiscesPrincess? NP or SF?

I'd peg you for an INTJ Zarathu! Also a 5 for enneagram. :lol:

Blaze

Account Closed
I've taken the test twice and got "INTJ" both times. Gotta say, It's all true. :biggrin:

Gonna get my girlfriend to try it out later.

Zarathu

Account Closed
I've taken the test twice and got "INTJ" both times. Gotta say, It's all true. :biggrin:

Gonna get my girlfriend to try it out later.

You have my sympathy for your "curse". Recently I have had to put myself into a newbie position where I simply cannot learn to "do it myself" since doing that is likely to be dangerous or even life threatening. And to make it worse, the teacher that I have found is 50 years younger than me.

This is really stressful for me since I hate doing anything where I appear to be a newbie, and having to be taught by a child.

Flapjacks

You have my sympathy for your "curse". Recently I have had to put myself into a newbie position where I simply cannot learn to "do it myself" since doing that is likely to be dangerous or even life threatening. And to make it worse, the teacher that I have found is 50 years younger than me.

This is really stressful for me since I hate doing anything where I appear to be a newbie, and having to be taught by a child.

I hope you go easy on them! I've been the younger in that position and I'm sure they are going to be uncomfortable if you are. Although there was an added bonus in my case that I'm sure does not apply to you where the man was also very sexist and said to me "I hate that a woman can do something I can't" which made things even more difficult.

Zarathu

Account Closed
I hope you go easy on them! I've been the younger in that position and I'm sure they are going to be uncomfortable if you are. Although there was an added bonus in my case that I'm sure does not apply to you where the man was also very sexist and said to me "I hate that a woman can do something I can't" which made things even more difficult.

Actually I doubt it. The 16 year old is a sailing instructor, teaching me to sail My Own Boat.

ImNotThere9

In the last five years I've taken the test three times, first getting INFJ, then INTJ, and today (2 or 3 years later) INFJ again. I think the outcome has a good deal to do with the individual's immediate self-presentational preferences - I mean, we're all given to self-deception and all want to be seen by others, and by extension ourselves, in particular ways. I'm aware though that I should speak here for myself - I know that I would like to control how others perceive me. You'll be different probably.

Anyway, the fact that it's changed each time seems to be the most accurate thing about it; because, now that I consider it, my thinking is fairly adaptable, moving fluidly between component-level analysis and a more holistic approach. It depends on the thing at hand.

Zarathu

Account Closed
In the last five years I've taken the test three times, first getting INFJ, then INTJ, and today (2 or 3 years later) INFJ again. I think the outcome has a good deal to do with the individual's immediate self-presentational preferences - I mean, we're all given to self-deception and all want to be seen by others, and by extension ourselves, in particular ways. I'm aware though that I should speak here for myself - I know that I would like to control how others perceive me. You'll be different probably.

Anyway, the fact that it's changed each time seems to be the most accurate thing about it; because, now that I consider it, my thinking is fairly adaptable, moving fluidly between component-level analysis and a more holistic approach. It depends on the thing at hand.

The Myers Briggs is the most reearched self report testing device in the world.

No other testing instrument even comes close in the number of studies that have been conducted on it.

Flapjacks

I know! I think we should just call ourselves T/F instead of having to "pick one" :bandit:

ukdesifem

Got INTP a year ago, now I'm INFJ lol..

Used to be into it beforehand, but now I think it's bull...just an excuse to label people.