Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Karmic Astrology

Karmic Astrology In this forum, you're invited to share insights on subtle spiritual matters and karmic astrology.

Unread 08-27-2011, 09:17 PM
bigblack

Re: Soul Contract by Farley Malorrus from "Twilight's First Gleaming"

The trouble with those who write stuff like this and their followers is that in no way can they see that they are wrong.

Wrong to write it and wrong to take notice and follow.

There a lot of people in this world who are genuinely looking for something to dispel the uncertainty and fear and doubt of life and are taken advantage of by those who write this stuff.

It pulls them off the path they should be following just as the people who write this stuff are already off the path.

If you meet the Buddha on the road kill him was exhorted by the master to his students for a reason. To not follow illusions.

People who write stuff like this should have their head banged against the wall.

And then they get annoyed when pulled up and start writing in the way they are complaining about.

But I suppose that we all have to follow illusions and deceptions to find the truth - eventually.

Unread 08-28-2011, 12:33 AM

Top all...I haven't read anything as to pertaining to the topic here...that Farley has written.
I posted as I do have fond memories of that year I spent in L.A. 1984-5 during which time I was given an intensive lesson in Astrology for a nine month period from my brother Daniel....and as Daniel and I were both construction workers and had the same employer most of those 9 mos. we often heard Farley on the radio during commute or the day...as we would keep a radio on at the job site to alleviate some of the tedium....and we enjoyed those spots by Farley...as it would stimulate conversation back to the subject of Astrology...and get others at these job sites to join in. One memory in particular that stands out was when Daniel and I were employed by a contractor that was remodeling Richard Simmons house in the Hollywood Hills and Richard was in the room when one of these 'spots' came on and my brother and I had a most interesting conversation with Mr. Simmons about Astrology for a number of minutes...in fact he let my brother do his chart and an interpretation.
As I know nothing about the subject of the book that is of controversy here...in fact I hadn't even heard of it till yesterday...my posting here is not to be construed as endorsing or recommending this material in any way...[if I do perchance read it...I'll let you all know what5 I think....]
Thank you...ptv
Unread 08-28-2011, 12:06 PM

All

I have deleted some personal comments, and attacks on each other's characters. Can we please keep to the discussion of the topic of the thread and away from personal opinions of each other and other members of the forum.

Thanks
NR

chart: http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk27/Jo75Tiger/mewithstarsasteroids.gif

Last edited by Neptune Rising; 08-30-2011 at 09:20 AM. Reason: added the 'attacks on each other's characters'

Tags
contract, farley, malorrus, soul, twilight first gleaming