Self hating thoughts rising

jkxx74

Premium Member
Hi aquarius7000 and thank you for that analysis.

Yes, there are some things which stand out from what you posted. The "career" would actually be 7th house matters while true career matters are not particularly important to me although I have been doing a slow and steady job of it in the last few years. I did try to have my own business but again only at times when 7th house matters were going well. It is always related to technology, specifically software development so perhaps influenced by Venus/Mars-Uranus. I would say I'm doing pretty well considering I'm not trying very hard at the moment and that might be the duo in the 2nd house.

Saturn did cross over what is now my progressed MC last year which is exactly when I had a promotion.

graay ghost

But everyone needs to feed their moon. The moon rules one's home, so having a home that gets a lot of daylight is good for a lunar Leo. Even better, in a desert climate, as Leo rules deserts. In winter, light candles or put a fire in the fireplace, if you have one.

Pisces moon? Maybe this person can keep a home aquarium/fish tank, and live by the ocean.

Wait. I have a Capricorn moon. When I'm feeling particularly down on myself and do not think I deserve to live in this world I think about becoming a hermit on a mountainside raising goats. Are you saying I should actually do this?

david starling

Wait. I have a Capricorn moon. When I'm feeling particularly down on myself and do not think I deserve to live in this world I think about becoming a hermit on a mountainside raising goats. Are you saying I should actually do this?

Only if you could still access Astrology Weekly on the internet. Being a hermit ain't what it used to be. :biggrin:

Osamenor

Staff member

Maybe that's not literally what you should do, but something in that spirit, perhaps yes. Capricorn is the archetypal hermit. And the archetypal mountain goat.

So what is it about this hermit on a mountainside raising goats fantasy that speaks to you? Being alone? Being on the mountainside? Goats?

Then take it a step further: what is it about being alone that speaks to you? Or about being on a mountainside?

Whatever's underneath that, that's what will feed your Capricorn moon.

graay ghost

Maybe that's not literally what you should do, but something in that spirit, perhaps yes. Capricorn is the archetypal hermit. And the archetypal mountain goat.

So what is it about this hermit on a mountainside raising goats fantasy that speaks to you? Being alone? Being on the mountainside? Goats?

Then take it a step further: what is it about being alone that speaks to you? Or about being on a mountainside?

Whatever's underneath that, that's what will feed your Capricorn moon.

If I'm far away from all other human contact, I can't hurt anybody.

Osamenor

Staff member
Yes, updated chart attached until I get a permanent link working. And you are right, it could count that way though I always thought of it as being a little like Sun in Aries if not quite. Either way there is the fire element at odds with earth.
You're a triple Capricorn! Maybe that's the Aries-like element you see? Seems to me that the combination of cardinal and first sign and all that energy there would do it.

This does sound like Chiron in action though - the comment I get usually is that people find I have told them something about themselves that they suspected but was never verbalized.
You've told me things about myself that were never verbalized when you've posted in my threads. Definitely true! :smile:
With Aries it would be about encouraging them to "do" something about becoming themselves, Gemini would be more about telling them about this. In very simple terms.
Hmmm.... I don't think I've ever flat out told anyone to do something about becoming themselves, except maybe in astrology readings, and then it's just a suggestion ("your chart shows you need x, what are you doing about that?") But maybe Aries is about being and showing instead of telling?

Osamenor

Staff member
I'm not really sure why that's that interesting.

If you're that concerned about hurting others, and have all kinds of self esteem issues too, that right there is proof that you're at much greater risk of being hurt than of hurting anyone else. But when you think of being alone, it's not that you want to protect yourself from others, but to protect others from you?

The picture I'm getting is that what you really want is to feel safe. Which would, btw, fit very well with your combination of sun, moon, and rising signs.

graay ghost

If you're that concerned about hurting others, and have all kinds of self esteem issues too, that right there is proof that you're at much greater risk of being hurt than of hurting anyone else. But when you think of being alone, it's not that you want to protect yourself from others, but to protect others from you?

The picture I'm getting is that what you really want is to feel safe. Which would, btw, fit very well with your combination of sun, moon, and rising signs.

It is much easier to protect oneself than to protect others from yourself, so it's not even a consideration.

david starling

I'm not really sure why that's that interesting.

It means you're dangerous. So, being a good person, you distance yourself from others, and allow others to distance themselves from you without acrimony. I actually know someone like that, and fondness in her case (Cancer Sun, Aqua Asc, Sag. Moon) means protecting by withdrawing, but staying in touch on birthdays and some holidays (cards and letters). Terrible parents--really bad. :alien:

waybread

I didn't mean that you have a Pisces moon-- this was just one example.

But think about Capricorn. I don't know where you live now, but many people enjoy hiking in the mountains; some go further and take up rock-climbing or ski touring in the mountains. Capricorn is symbolized by the sea-goat, half aquatic, half terrestrial. So something like kayaking or sailing.

If you live in a rural area where you could actually keep goats and happen to like them, for sure. (Have you heard of pack goats?)

If you appreciate solitude, see if you can take up long-distance running or simply carving out some solitary time to yourself on a daily basis.

If these activities don't ring your chimes, you shouldn't have to look hard to find something Saturnian or Capricornian that does. But only you can put yourself into the life-affirming activities for a Saturn/Capricorn person.

The main thing is to nourish your emotional nature.

If you're alive, you deserve to stay that way.

graay ghost

I mean as long as we're in the realm of self-hating thoughts, a big one for me is that I will never be "beautiful" to anyone. Taurus is ruled by Venus, I suppose.

Osamenor

Staff member
I mean as long as we're in the realm of self-hating thoughts, a big one for me is that I will never be "beautiful" to anyone. Taurus is ruled by Venus, I suppose.

I wonder if Mars on your AC plays any part? As I recall, you have a Chiron/Mercury conjunction square to it, and Saturn in square as well, all part of that fixed grand cross. Since we were on the subject of Chiron and Saturn a little ways up thread.

aquarius7000

LOL, and I cannot actually stop laughing reading that post, and I will tell you why. I am a Cap Moon, too, with the Sun in the 6th house (so fond of small animals, actually animals in general), and I do go to feed goats at a county park almost every weekend. My weekend grocery shopping includes a big cabbage for the goats, carrots for Miss Katey (an old, discarded military horse), a mix of all sorts of veggie peals (like cucumber, left over green beans, etc.) for Miss Bacon and Miss Greedy (two pigs), and bread crumbs for the varied variety of birds, hens and cocks.

graay ghost

LOL, and I cannot actually stop laughing reading that post, and I will tell you why. I am a Cap Moon, too, with the Sun in the 6th house (so fond of small animals, actually animals in general), and I do go to feed goats at a county park almost every weekend. My weekend grocery shopping includes a big cabbage for the goats, carrots for Miss Katey (an old, discarded military horse), a mix of all sorts of veggie peals (like cucumber, left over green beans, etc.) for Miss Bacon and Miss Greedy (two pigs), and bread crumbs for the varied variety of birds, hens and cocks.

You have livestock at the county park? At parks here all the animals are wild... when I go to cities I love seeing the pigeons. It's so fascinating how differently the wildlife behaves in different places. In certain cities they're so much more in your face and unafraid of people.

aquarius7000

You have livestock at the county park? At parks here all the animals are wild... when I go to cities I love seeing the pigeons. It's so fascinating how differently the wildlife behaves in different places. In certain cities they're so much more in your face and unafraid of people.
Yes, there's a sanctuary section in the county park, which is a great idea!
I too love pigeons because of their humility. I wonder if these commonalities are a Cap Moon thing. But perhaps we are derailing the thread now, so I will stop.