Pluto in Synastry

I'm very new to astrology but i've been wondering this for a while. Why does everyone say Pluto aspects in synastry are so important? Let's say I have my pluto conjuncting someone else's Venus, isn't that person gonna have Venus conjunct basically everyone else's Pluto? As long as they're around their age they're gonna have that same aspect with everyone else so I don't get why it's seen as something so powerful

miquar

Hi. If you consider that Pluto is associated with Scorpio and the 8th house, then it makes sense that Pluto figures strongly in synastry. There's a great book by Pauline Stone called Astrology, Karma and Relationships which gives loads of insightful information on cross aspects between Saturn or an 'outer planet' in one chart and the ascendant or a personal planet in the other chart. You don't need to believe in reincarnation to get a lot out of reading it.

As for the fact that Pluto is very slow moving and is in a similar place for people of the same age, this can have a very strong effect on someone's life. Suppose you are born with Pluto right on your ascendant - when you go to school the natal Pluto of everyone in your year is triggered by you. You might end up having a lot of power over people, but then you might get scapegoated as people project all of their 'demons' onto you. Or suppose you work with groups of people of a similar age - perhaps in a school or college. You might tend to bring out the worst in some years because something in your natal chart makes powerful aspects to Pluto in the chart of each member of these years. And there are all sorts of mundane issues to do with the chart of a nation state and a batch of citizens whose Plutos are triggered by the national chart. And when transiting Pluto makes a strong aspect to this cross aspect, the state is challenged to grow by what is expressed by those citizens.

Best wishes

Miquar

Hi. If you consider that Pluto is associated with Scorpio and the 8th house, then it makes sense that Pluto figures strongly in synastry. There's a great book by Pauline Stone called Astrology, Karma and Relationships which gives loads of insightful information on cross aspects between Saturn or an 'outer planet' in one chart and the ascendant or a personal planet in the other chart. You don't need to believe in reincarnation to get a lot out of reading it.

As for the fact that Pluto is very slow moving and is in a similar place for people of the same age, this can have a very strong effect on someone's life. Suppose you are born with Pluto right on your ascendant - when you go to school the natal Pluto of everyone in your year is triggered by you. You might end up having a lot of power over people, but then you might get scapegoated as people project all of their 'demons' onto you. Or suppose you work with groups of people of a similar age - perhaps in a school or college. You might tend to bring out the worst in some years because something in your natal chart makes powerful aspects to Pluto in the chart of each member of these years. And there are all sorts of mundane issues to do with the chart of a nation state and a batch of citizens whose Plutos are triggered by the national chart. And when transiting Pluto makes a strong aspect to this cross aspect, the state is challenged to grow by what is expressed by those citizens.

Best wishes

Miquar

It sure makes sense but what I don't understand is why if there's a pluto aspect in synastry people see it as such a big deal or even a karmic relationship. It would make sense for the pluto person cause if they find someone with their venus conjuncting their pluto they're not used to it so they feel the energy but the venus person (or the other planet person in general, whether it's venus or not) is gonna have that with everybody so I don't see how that works for them. Let's say the aspect is pluto conjunct venus, this aspect is supposed to be so intense and obsessive that the two people can't stay away from each other and it's a karmic aspect, but the venus person is just gonna have that same aspect with basically everybody else because Pluto is so slow and that's what I don't understand

muchacho

I'm very new to astrology but i've been wondering this for a while. Why does everyone say Pluto aspects in synastry are so important? Let's say I have my pluto conjuncting someone else's Venus, isn't that person gonna have Venus conjunct basically everyone else's Pluto? As long as they're around their age they're gonna have that same aspect with everyone else so I don't get why it's seen as something so powerful
Yes, you are right. But the outer planets (including Saturn) can play an important role when there's a significant age gap. But generally speaking, the way I see it, aspects are usually overrated in modern western astrology.

miquar

Hi vanessaddl. Yes I see your point about age groups. If you have, say, Venus conjunct Pluto in your natal chart, then everyone in your age group is just having an effect that is already part of your makeup.

In a relationship where one person's Pluto strongly aspects the other person's Venus, the Venus person will tend to feel like she or he is having a Pluto transit to her or his Venus when interacting in some way with the Pluto person. If, say, a teacher is teaching a year whose Pluto is strongly aspecting her or his Venus, then this effect could colour the experience of teaching that year.

I would recommend that Pauline Stone book, which you can get cheap 2nd hand on Amazon. I would say its the best synastry book our of all the one's I've come across.

Bwst wishes

Miquar

Hi vanessaddl. Yes I see your point about age groups. If you have, say, Venus conjunct Pluto in your natal chart, then everyone in your age group is just having an effect that is already part of your makeup.

In a relationship where one person's Pluto strongly aspects the other person's Venus, the Venus person will tend to feel like she or he is having a Pluto transit to her or his Venus when interacting in some way with the Pluto person. If, say, a teacher is teaching a year whose Pluto is strongly aspecting her or his Venus, then this effect could colour the experience of teaching that year.

I would recommend that Pauline Stone book, which you can get cheap 2nd hand on Amazon. I would say its the best synastry book our of all the one's I've come across.

Bwst wishes

Miquar

I'll definitely check it out, I've been looking for a good synastry book to read so thank you for your suggestion.

It's still confusing because let's say a girl's venus conjuncts everyone's Pluto who's her age, she's gonna have her venus conjuncting everyone's Pluto in her classroom so she's consantly gonna feel that aspect around everyone. At that point it just loses its meaning

Thank you by the way, you've been very helpful

Missaries26

Not true
I don’t have any Pluto and venus aspects with this older guy
But I do have it with another guy

It’s about people’s person natal charts as well I believe

Missaries26

Bwst wishes

Miquar

Who would feel love more? The Pluto or the venus?
I only ask because isn’t Pluto about obsession and stuff ? I think the Pluto person would love the venus more than the venus loves the Pluto
Just like I think venus would love The Sun more than The Sun loves the venus
Just my take
But just wanted to know what you meant as well lol

Not true
I don’t have any Pluto and venus aspects with this older guy
But I do have it with another guy

It’s about people’s person natal charts as well I believe

As you said, he's older so Pluto does move slowly but it still moves. People who are around the same age are gonna have more or less the same Pluto so if your venus aspects one of them it's gonna aspect basically everyone else's who's around the same age

Who would feel love more? The Pluto or the venus?
I only ask because isn’t Pluto about obsession and stuff ? I think the Pluto person would love the venus more than the venus loves the Pluto
Just like I think venus would love The Sun more than The Sun loves the venus
Just my take
But just wanted to know what you meant as well lol

As i said in the beginning, I'm very new to astrology so I don't think I'm the best person to answer this question even though I read quite a few things on pluto/venus aspects because I had it with an ex.
As far as I know they're both gonna feel a very strong connection and they're gonna be drawn to each other. It's gonna be so intense they can't stay away from each other and yes it can be really obsessive. I actually read that Pluto person is gonna have the upper hand in the relationship which makes even less sense to me regarding what I asked earlier.
It also depends on the aspect but generally speaking Pluto/Venus aspects are really intense and also not easy to handle because of how intense they are

v27

Hmmm to my understanding everything in astrology is about the bigger picture.

It matters, for instance, where your Pluto is on your chart. Is it badly aspected or does it have trines and sextiles going for it?

So for this woman, lets say everyone's Pluto in her generation conjuncts her Venus. But where is their Pluto in their charts? What other aspects are there?
What if there's a Pluto-Moon aspect too? You don't have that with everyone and it is definitely very important. The Venus woman can have many people's Plutos conjunct her Venus, but it matters where their Plutos are in their horoscopes, which house + how they are aspected.

So it's not the same for every relationship, it depends on the individual natal horoscopes a lot. Nor does one aspect make or break a synastry, it's about quality and quantity.

Hmmm to my understanding everything in astrology is about the bigger picture.

It matters, for instance, where your Pluto is on your chart. Is it badly aspected or does it have trines and sextiles going for it?

So for this woman, lets say everyone's Pluto in her generation conjuncts her Venus. But where is their Pluto in their charts? What other aspects are there?
What if there's a Pluto-Moon aspect too? You don't have that with everyone and it is definitely very important. The Venus woman can have many people's Plutos conjunct her Venus, but it matters where their Plutos are in their horoscopes, which house + how they are aspected.

So it's not the same for every relationship, it depends on the individual natal horoscopes a lot. Nor does one aspect make or break a synastry, it's about quality and quantity.

This makes a lot of sense and I understand that, I'm only confused when people talk about Venus/Pluto aspects or any other Pluto aspect alone with no context but this makes a lot of sense

v27

Oh I'm glad it helped!

Yes, I have come to understand you can't look at any aspect by itself and expect to get a clear view of a relationship or natal chart.

For the aspect itself, it matters what signs are involved. Is Pluto in Scorpio, its natural position? In the 8th house - also its natural position? What about the planet that aspects it? What sign is that planet in, what house?

And then you have all the other aspects - both with the planets involved, and the entire chart in general. Someone's Pluto could conjunct your Venus but oppose your Ascendant, and your Venus could sextile their Mars, etc. etc. Always look at the bigger picture,especially sign/house placements :) [Cause there can be mutual reception, by sign or exaltation, and that can also be significant].

Oh I'm glad it helped!

Yes, I have come to understand you can't look at any aspect by itself and expect to get a clear view of a relationship or natal chart.

For the aspect itself, it matters what signs are involved. Is Pluto in Scorpio, its natural position? In the 8th house - also its natural position? What about the planet that aspects it? What sign is that planet in, what house?

And then you have all the other aspects - both with the planets involved, and the entire chart in general. Someone's Pluto could conjunct your Venus but oppose your Ascendant, and your Venus could sextile their Mars, etc. etc. Always look at the bigger picture,especially sign/house placements :) [Cause there can be mutual reception, by sign or exaltation, and that can also be significant].

This helped a lot thank you! :happy:

miquar

I'll definitely check it out, I've been looking for a good synastry book to read so thank you for your suggestion.

It's still confusing because let's say a girl's venus conjuncts everyone's Pluto who's her age, she's gonna have her venus conjuncting everyone's Pluto in her classroom so she's consantly gonna feel that aspect around everyone. At that point it just loses its meaning

Thank you by the way, you've been very helpful

Hi I don't think it would lose its meaning. In this example the petson already has the natal Venus Pluto conjunction, and her early expwriences of tbis will affect the assumptions she takes into adult life. When she spends more time in mixed-age environments, the effect will not be there so much, but the early experiences will stay with her, especially since she will always have that natal comjunction on the lookout for similar experiences which reinforce the old ones.

Best wishes

Miquar