Will I have a happy married life, if i get married to...this person?

Dirius

But in the case of the chart, his mother is represented by venus (turned 10th house),and his whole family by mars (turned 4th), both in Piscis, thus also in the detriment of mercury and "against" the union. Yet he is planning to go through with it anyways.

So, if that turns out to be the case, he isn't really paying much attention to his mother, and is indeed going against her will. So it might not be about family ties or tradition, but rather his own will. Furthermore, mercury placed near the 7th house cusp implies that the marriage itself is under his control. This is further reinforced by the recent separating square between saturn and venus, as in he is arguing with his mother.

In this case jupiter might be representing the quesited's finances perhaps? (since jupiter rules the 8th), and possibly his parents might be worried about the querent spending that money (jupiter in the first), and he might be worried about it too.

I think that the negative reception towards the part of marriage isn't really that bad, given that while saturn is negative towards it, he is also in applying sextile to mercury, thus implying he will go through with it anyways.

But all of these would be concerning the union. The thing the querent wished to know is, if it would be a happy marriage. Both planets recieve each other well...and most signifiers of the union in fixed signs, so in the end it will.

It might have problems like every other marriage, but what marriage doesn't have problems or meddling mothers?? :w00t::w00t:

PS: I want to add, that I do respect your opinion or delineation, sorry if my post might seem "confrontational", its just that I think its a nice debate (I don't say I'm right, its just my outtake on it). Just posting this to make it clear :joyful:

Last edited:

Marinka

I see a few problems here and they have to do with the question -- using my procedures, horary is not going to be able to accurately answer a question that asks about happiness as that is subjective .. not objective. It also looks like this may not have been your real question as in one of the later posts, you mention what if the question was about ....

Both of these are red flags for me.

When I look at the chart, the moon is in the 2nd and this would indicate a question about money & values and that does not fit into your question at least not from my perspective. Lastly, the Moon is VOC meaning that there are no future events for your question/situation which is not what I would expect in this case.

edited to add --- I use whole sign.

Last edited:

rafaella

Just wondering, how does this chart reads different if I would have asked about his love for his family when comparing to me?

You are right I beleive both of us didn't completely liked the idea of getting married since last three years. But on and off we have been connected or I would say we have been together.

No the chart would read the same, as the issue that you are dealing with led you to ask this question hence the situation is shown in the chart. You don't have to ask a different question to find out his love for his family etc. It is shown in the chart. Look both he and his family are ruled by Jupiter, which you are against. Moon in detriment of Jupiter, Sun opposing Jupiter. You have different views and beliefs.

Do you share the same cultural background as he? The mother/family being in detriment of Mercury may show his family not really happy with his choice for bride...?? I do not know what you guys fight about, but whatever it is, it is going to continue. I also agree with Marinka, that perhaps there is no future event due to Moon void and Mercury rx (change of mind).

So please update whatever happens! :)

tsmall

Premium Member
I trust this forum a lot because I asked about my job about 2 yrs ago and I completed three months of my job when you indicated that I will have a permanent job. So I want to make my wedding decision through this.

Thank you so much as you are giving me more of what I ignored in our relationship.

Would you be willing to post the chart data? As in time, place of the question? I have some thoughts but I would like to run the chart (so I don't have to dig for things, lol.)

tsmall

Premium Member
Thanks for your thoughts Dirius :)

I think in a question such as this, where the querent is having doubts whether she should get married, receptions may actually show whats going on. Look Sun, her significator is all the way in his sign and house. That's deep love and admiration, she is really into him, yes she is feeling vulnerable (Sun in fall). While Saturn is in sign of Jupiter, so whatever Jupiter is, is important to him and comes first. The reception is not equal. I believe being in triplicity may not be enough, but then this couple have gone through the first stages of relationship, through the initial passionate stage that all couples go through and have now come to a stage where its 'comfortable'. But is it comfortable? (Based on the background that we know of and her doubts, perhaps not really that comfortable??).

Yes one needs to read receptions depending on the question and context. If in friendship chart there is reception such as exaltation, I'd read it as that person really highly valuing his friend, putting him on pedestal...perhaps feeling the friend is better at everything than he is. Same or similar with regency, doesn't mean there is sexual feelings involved.

cheers!

rafaella, I'm wondering if, based on the chart, they are even going to get married. I have issues with the Sun/Jupiter opposition, Moon separating from Mars is now VoC, and the MC/IC axis is in cardinal signs...as in something that is initiated but later broken off.

There is an awful lot going on in this chart.

tikana

you guys are making things a lot more complicated than they should be

1. querent wants to get married. L1 is in L7. Sun is not making any aspects to saturn or to anything until it changes signs and even then it squares Saturn
you can say that possibly there is a marriage but problems after saying I dos

2. what is moon doing? Moon sextiles 9th house jupiter. 9th house interesting...

3. south node and uranus are on 4th house derived - WHAT MARRIAGE? this is like a divorce case.

you got more problems with mars it is about to change signs.

i wouldnt marry anyone with that combo

Dirius

But having problems can't really say they won't be happy. I mean...every relationship HAS problems. We can look in the chart all day for this and that, and we will defintly find something. Having problems is not proof that the marriage will be an unhappy one. :lol::lol:

Besides...the OP has admitted she herself is the one having cold feet, not the groom. She thinks she can do better than him.

If we look for problems, we'll defintly find them. Every relationship has them :sideways::sideways:

Looking at the marriage, lets use the parts of Marriage:

- The one we've used so far (Asc + Desc - Venus) = 28° Gemini.
- The one for Men (Desc + Venus - Sun ) = 0° Piscis. **
- The one for Women (Asc + Mars - Moon) = 6° Aquarius.

** using the Desc as his Asc

Dispositors: mercury, jupiter, saturn.

a) We've talked a lot about mercury already. He is angular on a fixed sign. Yes at this point, it is retrograding, weaken by the constant fighting. However, mercury will soon end its retrograde state and go back to the normal flow. The angular house, and the fixed sign, indicate the relationship, while currently going through a rough patch, is a stable one.

b) The part of marriage for him, check jupiter, the dispositor. In the 1st house, in Leo (regency and triplicity of the sun), moving retrograde towards the Ascendant, with his own planet (saturn) in the regency of said planet. Also angular and fixed. In the 1st house. This part of marriage, usually indicates the person's relationship to women, finding itself in the 1st house, wants her.

c) The part of marriage for her, check saturn, the dispositor. In the 5th house (the good fortune house), mutable sign (medium stability, not as bad as cardinal). This part of marriage, usually indicates the person's relationship to men. The same planet that rules the quesited, rules her part of marriage.

The moon in virgo also expresses her want and need for the marriage. She is just having cold feet...Happens before any wedding.

- His planet is in the sign of his part of marriage dispositor: he wants to be married.
- Her planet is in the sign of her part of marriage dispositor: she wants to be married.
- The relationship itself is fixed and angular, usually a good testimony.
- Both main signifiers are in mutual reception.

Too many good testimonies. On the other hand there are almost no bad testimonies from house placement or malefics:

- Neither planet is placed in a bad malefic house
- No applying aspects from malefics aspecting any of the planets (in this case mainly mars who is not a main planet);all aspects from mars happened in the past (opposition towards moon).

So yes we can all agree they are having problems. But come on...:joyful:

The moon's past opposition to mars (his family?), the sun's past opposition to jupiter (whatever jupiter is signifying for the sun), are indeed the problems she has with the whole situation. I suppose those 2 very recent events (less than 1° separation) are the reason the querent made the chart in the first place...but are past things, not future.

Finally, an aspect between signifiers for the event is not necessary in this case:

She isn't asking: "Will we get married?"
She is asking: "Will I be happy with him?"

The question itself isn't about the event, since it is a given, she is just wondering if she will be happy once it occurs. Perhaps if the relationship will be a happy one, or at least, without the problems they are currently having.

PS: I sort of get the feeling it is me VS all the girls on this rofl :joyful::wink::biggrin::innocent:

Last edited:

Scorpionstar

Again I really appreciate and looks like I am on an interesting boat. Cold feet- yes! Actually prediction made over here is right. His family wasn't happy or may be isn't happy with our wedding. They think he can have someone pretty. Yes, we are from same cultural background but they think I am not pretty(at least not that jaw dropping one like AnJo).

Scorpionstar

Yes, he has gone through a lot of arguments for choosing me so that's a reason why his family is giving me a hard time as they think their kid choose me over them and I am scared because they create a lot of frustration among us to make my life hell:(

Scorpionstar

But having problems can't really say they won't be happy. I mean...every relationship HAS problems. We can look in the chart all day for this and that, and we will defintly find something. Having problems is not proof that the marriage will be an unhappy one. :lol::lol:

Besides...the OP has admitted she herself is the one having cold feet, not the groom. She thinks she can do better than him.

If we look for problems, we'll defintly find them. Every relationship has them :sideways::sideways:

Looking at the marriage, lets use the parts of Marriage:

- The one we've used so far (Asc + Desc - Venus) = 28° Gemini.
- The one for Men (Desc + Venus - Sun ) = 0° Piscis. **
- The one for Women (Asc + Mars - Moon) = 6° Aquarius.

** using the Desc as his Asc

Dispositors: mercury, jupiter, saturn.

a) We've talked a lot about mercury already. He is angular on a fixed sign. Yes at this point, it is retrograding, weaken by the constant fighting. However, mercury will soon end its retrograde state and go back to the normal flow. The angular house, and the fixed sign, indicate the relationship, while currently going through a rough patch, is a stable one.

b) The part of marriage for him, check jupiter, the dispositor. In the 1st house, in Leo (regency and triplicity of the sun), moving retrograde towards the Ascendant, with his own planet (saturn) in the regency of said planet. Also angular and fixed. In the 1st house. This part of marriage, usually indicates the person's relationship to women, finding itself in the 1st house, wants her.

c) The part of marriage for her, check saturn, the dispositor. In the 5th house (the good fortune house), mutable sign (medium stability, not as bad as cardinal). This part of marriage, usually indicates the person's relationship to men. The same planet that rules the quesited, rules her part of marriage.

The moon in virgo also expresses her want and need for the marriage. She is just having cold feet...Happens before any wedding.

- His planet is in the sign of his part of marriage dispositor: he wants to be married.
- Her planet is in the sign of her part of marriage dispositor: she wants to be married.
- The relationship itself is fixed and angular, usually a good testimony.
- Both main signifiers are in mutual reception.

Too many good testimonies. On the other hand there are almost no bad testimonies from house placement or malefics:

- Neither planet is placed in a bad malefic house
- No applying aspects from malefics aspecting any of the planets (in this case mainly mars who is not a main planet);all aspects from mars happened in the past (opposition towards moon).

So yes we can all agree they are having problems. But come on...:joyful:

The moon's past opposition to mars (his family?), the sun's past opposition to jupiter (whatever jupiter is signifying for the sun), are indeed the problems she has with the whole situation. I suppose those 2 very recent events (less than 1° separation) are the reason the querent made the chart in the first place...but are past things, not future.

Finally, an aspect between signifiers for the event is not necessary in this case:

She isn't asking: "Will we get married?"
She is asking: "Will I be happy with him?"

The question itself isn't about the event, since it is a given, she is just wondering if she will be happy once it occurs. Perhaps if the relationship will be a happy one, or at least, without the problems they are currently having.

PS: I sort of get the feeling it is me VS all the girls on this rofl :joyful::wink::biggrin::innocent:

Just an update, I am happily married now. Thank you for your help