Please Read Surgical Chart, I am Terrified

TinyTiny Dancer

I am having four vertabrae fused and two vertabrae redone from a failed back surgery. I am absolutely terrified. Normally I can read my charts but this defeats me. It seems really bad but the doctor books four months in advance and they give me no choice.

It is on: December 6, 2018
Seattle, Washington
8:00 AM

The chart is in one of the following replies.

Last edited:

waybread

Hang in there. It is a courtesy on this forum to post your own chart. The most legible ones are at Astrodienst, at www.astro.com. Hopefully you can save the chart to your computer and upload it as a clickable thumbnail. If you have just the cell phone, try linking your chart via imgur.com

I assume 8:00 a.m. is when you show up at the hospital? Or is it your actual surgery time?

TinyTiny Dancer

Hang in there. It is a courtesy on this forum to post your own chart. The most legible ones are at Astrodienst, at www.astro.com. Hopefully you can save the chart to your computer and upload it as a clickable thumbnail. If you have just the cell phone, try linking your chart via imgur.com
—————————————————————————————————————————-
I assume 8:00 a.m. is when you show up at the hospital? Or is it your actual surgery time?

Thank you for responding so quickly. I wanted to upload the chart but didn’t know how. I will try. The surgery is at 8:00 AM. Unless they change their minds.

Kate

Attachments

• BE6A9C65-FD64-45A8-8E05-6DC30569586B.png
    BE6A9C65-FD64-45A8-8E05-6DC30569586B.png
    43.4 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

unique_astrology

You need to post your natal chart or birth data from your birth certificate.

For some, like myself, the location you live at is helpful if it is far removed from where you were born.

Have said a prayer for you having good results.

waybread

Kate, congrats on learning to post the chart so quickly-- with some new members it takes a while.

My apologies-- can you please also post your natal chart separately, or your natal chart with the transits for your surgery data and time?

When you post a chart of just the moment, obviously everyone in your city will experience the same transits: the question is more specifically about how they relate to you? To your 6th house of health, for example.

TinyTiny Dancer

This is my birth chart. I was born on March 6, 1949 in Lawrence, Kansas at 4:05 PM. I now live near Seattle, WA and the surgery will be in Seattle. I am posting my birth chart and the surgical chart.

The transiting Sun will be trining my natal Pluto which is in my twelfth house. The transiting Sun conjunct Trans Moon and Jupiter is square Trans Mars and Neptune. Transiting Mars and Neptune are close to a conjunction with my natal Sun.

I wrote an introduction to myself in the place that we are supposed to on this forum and when I tried to add my chart, it disappeared but I will keep trying.

Thank you for being so patient with me and explaining things. I have been studying astrology for 54 years but I learn knew things everyday. Thanks to you, I have learned much.

Attachments

• 503B0562-172A-4EF3-8879-2963239C79E3.jpg
    503B0562-172A-4EF3-8879-2963239C79E3.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 42
  • EEDC478D-F480-4A43-A641-FA1E443601C5.png
    EEDC478D-F480-4A43-A641-FA1E443601C5.png
    43.4 KB · Views: 22

unique_astrology

Kate (using name in waybread's post),

You are so fortunate to have waybread working on your chart. IMO she is one of the best practitioners in astrology. I have been working charts for decades more than she but I feel like a grain of sand compared to her being the whole beach. Besides being the most knowledgeable person I know of in the practice she is very respectful even when dealing with those who hold different views than hers.

I am a Kansas native also: January 25, 1941, 3:35 am, CST, Topeka. I now live in Rockford, IL.

The link at the bottom of my posts is my signature at the bottom all my posts.

Hopefully the surgery will not be necessary.

I use a different way of measuring positions in charts. It is called "true body positions". It measures the true position of an object in space and is the method used by scientists. Like when they are figuring out Moon landings. Don't be confused by the numbers - it is the aspect that is important; that there is an aspect is what is important and I interpret by the nature of the planets making it rather than the name of the aspect. For me, a square from Jupiter is fortunate and a trine from Saturn can accompany challenging times.

Birth time is different because of moving chart to a different time zone (from CST to PST).

Your relocated MC is at 13°13'. A trine to it (13°13' + 240 = 253°13'. Easier than 13°13' + 360° = 373°13' - 120° = 253°13') from transiting Sun at 253°09'.

Your relocated Asc is at 125°52'. A trine to it (125°52 + 120° = 245°52') from transiting Moon and Jupiter [Jupiter 244°30'; Moon 245°54'].

I am attaching your relocated birth chart with transits for the beginning of the surgery. The transiting Moon-Jupiter trine to the ascendant is favorable but you should ask your Dr or a trained, experienced, medical professional what you might expect as a result of the surgery regarding your mobility. The transiting Sun will be trine your relocated MC also.

I will now leave you in the hands of my favorite astrologer. I think she ranks with famous professionals in the field.

Best wishes.

Bob

Attachments

• Kate w T.jpg
    Kate w T.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

waybread

OMG! You two just made my day. :love: :love: Thanks so much for your comments (including on TTD's other thread.)

Funny, but I just had come-uppance from somebody else today. We can't win 'em all.

I'll be back on this thread later this evening.

I'm very much an amateur, with lots to learn, but I try to be helpful to people. As do you, Unique_Astrology! You have advanced technical expertise that I couldn't begin to match.

TinyTiny Dancer

Hi Unique Astrology,

I just lost the entire email that I had written to you. :crying: Booo, but it is so neat that you were born in Topeka. Go, Jawhawks!

Your method of analysis is so interesting. I need to do some research on the subject. Thank you. In my astrology program, they do those calculations for your method. I have serious problems with math, so I use the program to do calculations.

You are right...I hope I won’t have to have the surgery. I really don’t like the surgical chart. At this point, I don’t know what will happen but I’ll let you know.

P.S. I do know mercury is about to go retrograde.

waybread

U_A, thanks for posting the relocated chart with transits.

In medical astrology Leo and the 5th house rule the spine, with Saturn more generally ruling your bones. The first house more generally rules the body; and the 6th house, one's health. It is interesting to see all those transiting planets lining up in the 5th house for the time and date of the surgery, with Leo on the ascendant.

Jupiter in the 5th house, very strong in its domicile, looks like a real good luck factor. I checked, and the part of fortune is there, as well.

May I ask, TTD, is there anything going on re: your fear of the surgery, that specifically relates to this particular surgeon? A surgeon is represented by Mars, and Mars-Neptune is where the squares on the event chart are coming from. This doesn't mean that the surgery will go awry, only that a chart tells us a lot about the querent's inner state, as much as it shows the externalities.

Again, the event chart on its own isn't so helpful, because it would be for the entire population of the greater Seattle metropolitan area. We want to look at how it relates to your (relocated) chart.

Then one of the troubles with event charts, is that there are very few days on the planet where an event chart will look completely wonderful. There will always be something going on up in the sky that we'd rather not have happening on an important date; but if we change the date, than something that looked good in the first chart goes away. Then the outer planets stay in one place for a very long time.

TinyTiny Dancer

Waybread,

Thank you so much for looking at my chart. It is so kind of you.

Yes you are right. I am scared about the surgeon. Both surgeons are very young (about 7 years between them. The communication between my doctor, the hospital, pain management, and the surgeons office. No one wants to take the responsibility and prescribe pain medicine. I am only guaranteed pain meds for one week after I get out of the hospital.

I have had back surgery before, it was much less extensive and it failed because of the surgeon’s skill. It gave way and that’s why I fell. I had another surgery where the doctor forgot to order the correct hardware for my foot, so I needed to have more surgery. I was left with half a foot after that.

You are right, you really don’t have control over slower moving planets but the Mars aspects involving the surgeon scares the pididdle out of me.

You definitely know your stuff and I think you are a bit like me. You can intuite the chart when you see it. I knew in my heart what the problem was and you have helped me to see it. Many, many thanks and I will let everyone know what happens.

Kate

TinyTiny Dancer

Waybread,

Thank you so much for looking at my chart. It is so kind of you.

Yes you are right. I am scared about the surgeon. Both surgeons are very young. The communication between my doctor, the hospital, pain management, and the surgeons office. No one wants to take the responsibility and prescribe pain medicine. I am only guaranteed pain meds for one week after I get out of the hospital.

I had back surgery before, it was much less extensive and it failed because of the surgeon’s skill. It gave way and that’s why I fell. I had another surgery where the doctor forgot to order the correct hardware, so I needed to have more surgery. I was left with half a foot after that.

You are right, you really don’t have control over slower moving planets but the Mars aspects involving the surgeon scares the pididdle out of me.

You definitely know your stuff and I think you are a bit like me. You can intuite the chart when you see it. I knew in my heart what the problem was and you have helped me to see it. Many, many thanks and I will let everyone know what happens.

Kate

TinyTiny Dancer

kshantaram,

Thank you so very much for your extensive analysis! It will take me awhile to crack the code on your shorthand. And I’m not sure which chart or charts you used. But I’m sure I can. Did you use the relocated chart that others have used?

TinyTiny Dancer

Frisiangal

Hi Unique Astrology,

I just lost the entire email that I had written to you. Booo,.

Hi,
I have had exactly the same problem with the response I posted to you, TTD!
It happens quite a bit with me because I often take so long getting my thoughts into shape that 'the time limit' on the forum expires even though forum name still shows to be logged in. I'm not sure but I think it must mean that any copy and paste done after expiry time does not happen.

Must remember in future to type via a word document and copy/paste to here. :andy:
I'll keep this reply shorter.

Further to Waybread's posts, in medical astrology the back (spine) is along the Leo-Aquarius axis, with the vertebrae as a whole falling under rulership of Aquarius. Yet the vertebrae are astrologically sectioned between Taurus (neck) to Sagittarius (tailbone), with each sign having rulership over the section that coincides with its sign rulership of the body.

According to Dutch medical practioner and astrologer J.C. Wageningen, in his book, (transl)’Astrology and Medicine’, page 153, Virgo rules L1 and L2 of the otherwise Libra-ruled lumbar region.

In harsh aspects with Sun and Moon I tend to believe that physical ailments see influences from the traditional rulerships of the signs.

Natal Saturn in Virgo in the 1st house is part of the mutable grand cross (unfixed signs), and rules the 6th house of physical ailments. Capricorn/Saturn issues can become chronic of nature.
This can suggest that its position compares to the L1 and L2 vertebra of the lumbar region.
Does your back problem find its source in this placement?
Secondary progressed Saturn has long retrograded back (no pun intended) into Leo (fixed sign). A permanent issue occuring?

Natal Saturn is semi-square (predisposition towards physical complaint) Neptune, whilst Sun (ruler Ascendant) in Pisces is inconjunct natal Neptune.
A positively experienced Neptune is associated with fusion through unity. A harsh aspect can bring about the opposite; disassociative, dissolving, debilitating, mis-forming tendencies, etc.
Osteoporosis often corresponds to a Saturn-Neptune signature.
Has this been said to be a possible cause for your back issues?

Finally, as Saturn is harshly aspcted to both Moon in Gemini and Chiron in Sagittarius, may I ask which vertebrae in the spine are the cause of your discomfort?
Which are being ‘fused’ and which ‘redone’? What does the latter mean?

Many thanks for any reply.

waybread

Kate, Frisiangal doesn't like me to say it, but I view her as the resident medical astrology expert. I somethings think the Dutch and American systems are a little different, but for sure I would follow her interpretation over mine where ours differ. Leo does rule the spine in American astrology, but if Frisiangal's system gives more specific results, I'd go for it.

I was struck by your concern over your surgeon. Transiting Mars (the surgeon) will be partile conjunct Neptune. In modern astrology, Neptune rules drugs. This seems in keeping with your pain relief concerns. Also, I was thinking that you will probably meet with the anesthesiologist prior to your surgery--s/he would also be Neptunian in this particular context.

Because Neptune is not the most realistic planet on the astrological block, getting as much clarity as you can from your doctors on medication and anesthesia would be a good idea.