North Node in Capricorn/Cancer meaning?

PlutorisingLee

I have a specific question about this placement.
My North Node is in Capricorn but in the 4th house.

Traditional interpretations of Capricorn here don't seem to work as the energy is focused on 4th house matters.
What does it mean to have your "soul mission" in a Moon/Cancer/home/mother house?
I read its a bad aspect for career- as it signifies sacrificing your material desires for the home or for the family.

Anything you can tell me about this placement is much appreciated.

Attachments

• my chart.gif
    my chart.gif
    51.1 KB · Views: 37

katydid

You don’t have to sacrifice your material desires for your maternal instincts/home life. It can be all about a blending of the two. Maybe you will teach or counsel children or work in a business that involves the needs of families/children/mothers. Maybe you will work with families or in the mental health field. Also, you could do a home based business involving design, home decorating, decor, furniture, paintings, wall paper, etc. Have you ever considered being an interior decorator? Or a textile design artist? There are lots of ways to combine work and home, parent and child, mother and father, internal and external energies.

The North Node is in a very powerful place. It makes the Mercury trine Jupiter into a Grand Trine. The 12th house Jupiter is the midpoint of the Mercury/Node trine. So that Jupiter is somehow connected to your ‘destiny’ in this lifetime. Maybe it involves finding your ‘inner light’, your internal Guru, and having some FAITH. Jupiter in the 12th is Faith, even if it is in the skeptical sign of Virgo. lol

I have spent 20 years trying to figure out this EXACT T-square to Saturn in Aquarius. My lovely daughter was born within 7 days of this chart. I recognize this Saturn for sure. It can be a tough placement. Her teachers either loved or hated her. Some told me what a joy it was to have such a perceptive, insightful student —others complained and said how difficult and rebellious she was. That Saturn square Pluto can be a handful.

It can be overwhelming to have that intense T-square to Saturn. Her Sun had already moved ahead into Gemini. But she does have the Mercury still in Taurus and making that square to Saturn and the opposition to Pluto. It can be intense and all consuming. So the question is how do you release that deep reserve of emotion?

I would say it needs to be artistic, creative, cathartic. The 5th is a creative portal. In Aquarius it can be electronic, musical, technical, written word, mass media, WHATEVER. But it has to come from your 5th house emotional, creative center, solar plexus. :love:

PlutorisingLee

You don’t have to sacrifice your material desires for your maternal instincts/home life. It can be all about a blending of the two. Maybe you will teach or counsel children or work in a business that involves the needs of families/children/mothers. Maybe you will work with families or in the mental health field. Also, you could do a home based business involving design, home decorating, decor, furniture, paintings, wall paper, etc. Have you ever considered being an interior decorator? Or a textile design artist? There are lots of ways to combine work and home, parent and child, mother and father, internal and external energies.

The North Node is in a very powerful place. It makes the Mercury trine Jupiter into a Grand Trine. The 12th house Jupiter is the midpoint of the Mercury/Node trine. So that Jupiter is somehow connected to your ‘destiny’ in this lifetime. Maybe it involves finding your ‘inner light’, your internal Guru, and having some FAITH. Jupiter in the 12th is Faith, even if it is in the skeptical sign of Virgo. lol

I have spent 20 years trying to figure out this EXACT T-square to Saturn in Aquarius. My lovely daughter was born within 7 days of this chart. I recognize this Saturn for sure. It can be a tough placement. Her teachers either loved or hated her. Some told me what a joy it was to have such a perceptive, insightful student —others complained and said how difficult and rebellious she was. That Saturn square Pluto can be a handful.

It can be overwhelming to have that intense T-square to Saturn. Her Sun had already moved ahead into Gemini. But she does have the Mercury still in Taurus and making that square to Saturn and the opposition to Pluto. It can be intense and all consuming. So the question is how do you release that deep reserve of emotion?

I would say it needs to be artistic, creative, cathartic. The 5th is a creative portal. In Aquarius it can be electronic, musical, technical, written word, mass media, WHATEVER. But it has to come from your 5th house emotional, creative center, solar plexus. :love:

Thank you Katydid :) appreciate your insights :)
I guess blending home/career might be a solution...I don't know yet how it will turn out. I love art and I used to want to be an artist/filmmaker but I gave that up and went into higher education instead. I hope I can come back to that in a few years...(p.s do you see any sign of a career there?)
I'm so excited to hear Jupiter is significant in my chart but it's also daunting. Jupiter in Virgo is a mess- it makes all the small details larger and asks for spirituality to be a practical thing. I have always been a very good teacher - teaching kids and adults, don't want it as a career though. The Jupiter in the 12th house is still a mystery to me...I do think it makes me attracted to places and people in mental distress. I also love to volunteer with old or mentally challenged people.
How do you see my North Node being in a powerful place? I somehow missed that.

lol its amazing this aspect has been on my mind all week! how did you see it in your daughter on an emotional level? I guess if she's a Gemini it allows this T-Square to be less fixed and a little more easy- I hope. Btw where is her Moon placed?
I might be wrong but Satun in the 5th and in this aspect makes self-expression and being creative very hard. Its like having an inner voice that keeps telling you its not good enough and you should take it slow instead of just letting spontaneous creativity run wild.
Its interesting she had such black/white relationships with teachers. I had a similar experience but I wasn't much of a rebel. I was either the messed up student or the teachers pet.

What do you think about this description of the t-Square?

"The Square— the planet that squares the opposition planets— indicates that the relationship struggles are due to frustrations, blockages, habitual insecurities and defensive responses originating within the individual. The opposition represents the external conflict while the squares represent the internal root conflict. That is to say, there is some “hang-up” within the individual that is causing the relationship conflict or opposition. The T-square is a most dynamic configuration that pushes you to overcome the limiting factors and achieve success."
and
"This is a highly ambitious configuration, although self-doubt and fear connected to security can become definite stumbling blocks. There is a strong sense of personal frustration and limitation. The lack of trust or faith indicated by Saturn can inhibit personal relationships, especially if the Sun, Moon or Venus are involved. The individual must learn to relax, to trust and not worry about being hurt or rejected."

I do wonder how to find a resolution for this T-Square. Maybe Jupiter is of help and finding my path through the North Node?
What helped your daughter?
:love:

Metaphysica

your north node is on the cardinal axis or cardinal cross. (the first degrees of the cardinal signs) The four turning points in the revolution of the Earth around the sun. solstice

katydid

Thank you Katydid :) appreciate your insights :)
I guess blending home/career might be a solution...I don't know yet how it will turn out. I love art and I used to want to be an artist/filmmaker but I gave that up and went into higher education instead. I hope I can come back to that in a few years...(p.s do you see any sign of a career there?)
I'm so excited to hear Jupiter is significant in my chart but it's also daunting. Jupiter in Virgo is a mess- it makes all the small details larger and asks for spirituality to be a practical thing. I have always been a very good teacher - teaching kids and adults, don't want it as a career though. The Jupiter in the 12th house is still a mystery to me...I do think it makes me attracted to places and people in mental distress. I also love to volunteer with old or mentally challenged people.
How do you see my North Node being in a powerful place? I somehow missed that.

lol its amazing this aspect has been on my mind all week! how did you see it in your daughter on an emotional level? I guess if she's a Gemini it allows this T-Square to be less fixed and a little more easy- I hope. Btw where is her Moon placed?
I might be wrong but Satun in the 5th and in this aspect makes self-expression and being creative very hard. Its like having an inner voice that keeps telling you its not good enough and you should take it slow instead of just letting spontaneous creativity run wild.
Its interesting she had such black/white relationships with teachers. I had a similar experience but I wasn't much of a rebel. I was either the messed up student or the teachers pet.

What do you think about this description of the t-Square?

"The Square— the planet that squares the opposition planets— indicates that the relationship struggles are due to frustrations, blockages, habitual insecurities and defensive responses originating within the individual. The opposition represents the external conflict while the squares represent the internal root conflict. That is to say, there is some “hang-up” within the individual that is causing the relationship conflict or opposition. The T-square is a most dynamic configuration that pushes you to overcome the limiting factors and achieve success."
and
"This is a highly ambitious configuration, although self-doubt and fear connected to security can become definite stumbling blocks. There is a strong sense of personal frustration and limitation. The lack of trust or faith indicated by Saturn can inhibit personal relationships, especially if the Sun, Moon or Venus are involved. The individual must learn to relax, to trust and not worry about being hurt or rejected."

I do wonder how to find a resolution for this T-Square. Maybe Jupiter is of help and finding my path through the North Node?
What helped your daughter?
:love:

Your North Node is @ 1 Cap. Your Mercury is @ 7 Taurus. The Midpoint of that trine is @ 4 Virgo/Pisces.....which is conjunct your Jupiter in the 12th.

So that makes a powerful Grand Trine between those three. And Jupiter is the midpoint of Mercury/Node. That represents the ability to synthesize data, information in a creative way and use it to teach, inspire others.

Yes, Jupiter can be a pain when it's in Virgo. One can get lost in endless details and blow things out of proportion. Mountains out of molehills as they say. But it can also make 'real' the inner workings of the cosmos, of the world at large. It is a practical way to understand the unknowable, mysterious cosmic forces. Jupiter in the 12th is a true gift. I rely upon it daily. :wink:

You have endless options for work and career. I say that because you have Gemini on the MC and Libra on the 2nd. Your Mercury and Venus have gorgeous trines to Jupiter in the 12th and to Uranus/Neptune in the 4th. And the Moon/Pluto in the 2nd have textiles to the Jupiter and the Uranus/Neptune. So it is all interconnected and flows from your Mercury Trine Jupiter Trine North Node.

Anything that you put your mind to, you can learn to do well. You can master what you want to and will be able to teach it yourself to others at some point. If you want to come back to art and film making at some point, you will be able to do so, in my opinion.

And YES, that Saturn apex of the T-Square, falling in your 5th----tough placement for an artist. But eventually a good one because you will hone your craft. You will work diligently on your skills and not take them for granted. Saturn in the 5th can become a true craftsman. My grandfather had Saturn in the 5th in Virgo, and he was an amazing cabinetmaker. He worked really slow and his projects took a long time and were often late. People complained about the time factor until they saw his fantastic work. But he measured and remeasured and sometimes starting something all over if he was not 100% satisfied it was perfect.

I think that is a great description of the T-square. If it came from a website or a book, link it so the author gets credit. It is well thought out and very well written.

Yes, my daughter has the Sun @ zero Gemini. And Sag rising. So there is a bit less fixed energy. Although she does have the Mercury and Venus in Taurus, opposing the Pluto, squaring the Saturn. Her Moon is @ 3 Aquarius. So she has a very similar energy with that T-square to Saturn. Her Saturn is in the 3rd. Communication. It is a hindrance AND a gift. She is a voice over actress and a singer. And has a pretty successful career.[ Jupiter conjunct the MC] She started as a child [3rd house] and makes a living being 'the voice' of various characters on animated TV shows. But she always compares herself to other actors and lacks self confidence in many ways. She is not good at auditions. She does a lot of radio/tv/magazine interviews and she is always nervous about doing them and feels like she does not do a good job. But she does do a good job--she is just too hard on herself, in my opinion. :pouty: She travels around [Jupiter on the MC] doing appearances and Press Junkets for her show. She speaks in front of large audiences and handles it flawlessly. Then later on she sometimes has an anxiety attack in her hotel room and wonders if it went poorly. That Saturn kicks in and causes her great concern.

PlutorisingLee

This is good news :) its nice to hear positive things about your chart, you know?
I think that earth signs in spiritual houses are underrated- I think they mean that one can bring the spiritual, unseen into the material world, that's a big thing.
I actually study and write a bit about mysticism and mental health- maybe that's the Jupiter at work! lol btw Jupiter in the 12 is sensitive to bad energies- have you noticed that? like a room with a bad vibe is being sucked up - it makes bad things as well as good things larger.
The author is indeed amazing her name is Lynn Koiner :) sorry I didn't' mention it. She has a website.
:)( hugs )and I want to write more soon

L

Metaphysica

The Cardinal axis or cross, aka Aries Point, 0-1 deg of the Cardinal signs Aries, Cancer, Libra & Capricorn. It is where the earth meets the sky. The intersection of the big circles: the ecliptic and the equator. Basically, it's a personal point that we all share, the way one connects to the world.
Having your nodes on it is unique, I think. Although, every chart is unique. The nodes have very much to do with who we meet and why.
So, in a sense, your destiny and path of greatest soul growth has to do with how you connect to the world. North Node in Capricorn (authority) in the fourth house IC (inner), maybe by delving into the innermost space of yourself, you are connecting with the collective. Focusing your energy there will naturally find the release point (south node) in your tenth house of career, Cancer (nurture).

PlutorisingLee

This is fascinating :) I want to thank you for showing me something new.
I admit to know nothing to very little about this (Uranian Astrology?).

Btw isn't Cancer connected to the collective? like reading the emotional currents of society. So being able to maybe translate Cancer things into practical means?

Do you remember where you read/heard about its significance?

Now I'm obsessed with trying to figure out what it means...lol

Metaphysica

I can reference astrolabe.com for an article on Solstice charts. The Cardinal Axis is the solstice (cap/can) and the equinox (ari/lib), any of these can connect with the collective, but especially cap/can. the fourth house is the area of life you want to focus. the most inner part of you. I would recommend meditation
You have a lovely chart, good karma

PlutorisingLee

I can reference astrolabe.com for an article on Solstice charts. The Cardinal Axis is the solstice (cap/can) and the equinox (ari/lib), any of these can connect with the collective, but especially cap/can. the fourth house is the area of life you want to focus. the most inner part of you. I would recommend meditation
You have a lovely chart, good karma

Believe it or not- you really really helped me out
Thanks you