Moon Signs & Health

Kannon

These are generalized interpretations that give food for thought and really need to be adjusted with your personal planetary aspects. For example, a person with Moon in Sagittarius who has Saturn conjunct the Moon may find that they relate more to the talk about Moon in Capricorn. You will still need to consider the body system most associated with your sign, but the overview may align more with Capricorn.

Moon in…

Aries

Challenges one to keep the emotions expressed in a healthy, vitalizing way while not putting oneself ‘out on a limb’ because of impulsiveness. The vulnerability is in the head, brain and spinal system with a tendency for inflammation and for the body fluids to heat up and blood vessels to expand. Headaches are a sign that your emotional energies are pressing too hard and getting the best of you. Time to cool off and slow down. Same with fevers.

Clear personal guidelines for appropriate limits is more appropriate for you than just about any in the zodiac. Think of your emotions as the always-inner-child that you will have to parent for the rest of your life. You are assigned him/her and will have to tell him/her what is okay or not. This is healthy, just don’t apply these directly to others.

Helpful herbs for you are often those that cool and calm the body through its fluid systems and counteract inflammation: Gota Kola, Chamomile, Lemon Balm for the nervous system/brain; Whole Leaf Aloe Juice, Hibiscus, Cucumbers, Celery when you are inflamed or feverish. Discipline and consistency with these is important.

Stimulants are generally contraindicated, at least in significant amounts. B-vitamins are much better.

Taurus

Gives a generally steady if not slow and easy emotional nature. The vulnerability is in the thyroid and neck areas especially, but can also be in the skin, glandular systems and female reproductive systems.

The elimination through the skin may need a little extra push at times and this is best done through exercise that gets the pores open and breathing. Remember if the lungs are open and breathing vigorously this is good for the skin and elimination as well. The glandular system may eventually run a bit slow and sluggish and may need boosting with herbal supplements after middle age (or sooner). This means those herbs that are sometimes called aphrodisiacs: Damiana, Dong Quai, etc. The blood circulation can be a bit sluggish and need a nudge with Capsicum (if you can tolerate it), Prickly Ash or Ginger.

The heart is also a real vulnerability so make sure that you don’t let emotional stresses or disappointment with yourself gradually turn into a physical problem. The heart can be supported with Hawthorn berries (widely available) which can actually rebuild heart tissue. It also gently supports steady energy levels.

Physical activity can be very rewarding and keeps the internal nature from pulling the whole body down in to sluggishness. Pass on all those artificially appealing ‘white’ foods. Skip the extra sweet and for Pete’s sake put down that soda. Do you want diabetes? Give an extra kiss to your loved one instead – much better dessert.

Gemini

Gives a conversational and relational nature that needs companionship. It is really best that you avoid smoking or stressing the lungs in any way other than with the usual healthy exercise, for that is where your main vulnerability lies. This means opting out of jobs that put you in an environment full of airborne toxins like paint fumes, etc. T

The nervous system is very ‘live’ and active, easily distracted and will need balancing with herbs/nutrients that calm and feed the nervous system rather than narcotize it: Valerian, Skullcap, Hops, things that help you focus and stabilize internally. Calcium is very helpful, as well as Magnesium. Minerals are actually more important for our bodies than vitamins. They directly feed the structure which is what vitamins run on. Vitamins only speed up the operation of that structure.

Also good are those foods, supplements and practices that ground the body and mind. Yoga and walking vigorously to get the circulation down for a while into the lower body and into the muscles (and out of the head) are good ideas, as is bicycling. If you are obsessing or restless, try getting out for a ride or a drive with the window down. Clear your head in a nice breeze.

It is also important to keep some discrimination in your receptive nature. Screen out sources of information or communication that you find only feed you negativity or completely unnecessary information. It is one thing to have a constant interest in learning, but what use is common sense measures for physical health if you are constantly battling for your mental well-being?

---> Continue reading: http://kannonmcafee.wordpress.com/2012/08/24/moon-signs-and-health/

aquarius7000

Hello,

I can relate to what is there on your blog about Moon in Cap, esp about 'energy getting stuck in the joints' part. When I am angry or unhappy about something, and the emotion is quite strong, I feel a weight on my neck, right where the spine starts. Sometimes also in my elbows. Besides Moon in Cap, I have Sat-Moon opp, too, so, yes, I can really hold my emotions back.

Though usually pretty okay with expressing my emotions (Leo Asc and Piscean Venus), once I recognise that the intentions of the other person are wrong, that's when my own emotions towards that person start getting stuck. Maybe it also has to do with trying to control my own anger in this manner (Plu-Mars and Mars-Moon:)). I am very easily forgiving, though.

:)AQ7

Last edited:

Kannon

Hmmm... strange. OK... here it is:

Libra

Gives a tendency for a ‘good life’ nature in which all the best and richest things are enjoyed but too easily without the investments in health that will keep you enjoying those things for a full lifetime. You are really a pleasure lover, just make sure you love the ones that love you back! Otherwise, diabetes or other serious developments can take away your ability to enjoy them without serious consequences.

Here again balance is very important. The blood sugar must stay even and the circulation active. If the body tends towards coolness and cool extremities, then the circulation needs a boost. Herbs called emmenagogues are not just for women at that time of month. They are blood movers, so use them to help your circulation if needed. This means Myrrh, Frankincense (Boswellia), Safflower, Turmeric, etc.

Hip and low back problems can reveal an over-investment in stressful relationships – or that you are just too close to them, trying too hard – and need to pull away and get some time to yourself. When these symptoms come up (hips and back) try taking a ‘mini-vacation.’ Take your mind elsewhere and first tell yourself that no mate/love worries are allowed. Indulge yourself in a massage and be sure to keep friends around who are good at back rubs. You can’t please all the people all the time (and what they might think of you never matters), but you can keep an attitude of basic reciprocation that continues making you friends and giving you a fresh perspective.

Physical vulnerabilities include the kidneys and many Libra Moon people I've known often forget to drink enough water. As soon as the right types of conditions come along then you've got a urinary infection. Easily preventable. Just keep a bottle of water with you and use it to remind yourself. The female reproductive system and skin are also part of those vulnerabilities. But this is aided by insuring that your circulation stays active and all areas of the body are warm. The Venusian principle is one of comfort, not exertion, so you must stay proactive in exercising.

Now offering a special deal for those who visit and comment (if you can't reach my page for some reason just email me directly) on this Moon Signs & Health page. I'm doing mini-readings for Moon & Health including planetary aspects (requires your birth data).

Last edited:

gen6k

i have moon at 28 virgo square uranus. basically my nerves unravel from time to time if im not watching and i end up all messed up, so now i have a medicine cabinet. even if i try to avoid it something dumb gets in the way like the time i got green tea pesticide poisoning. or when i break up with someone i get like pressure in my head for months. now im just taking everything as physiological instead of psychological unless the action is well planned out and viable. like if i get depression its because my brain is making up stupid reasons and under stress not because i need someone.

supplemental buddhism.

dulcetpetrichor

i have moon in virgo. i'm not hypochondriac nor do i have a cabinet full of medicines. however i often get sick when i'm under a lot of stress and i'm kind of concerned with my food's nutrition :)

aquarius7000

Hi,
i have moon in virgo. i'm not hypochondriac nor do i have a cabinet full of medicines. however i often get sick when i'm under a lot of stress and i'm kind of concerned with my food's nutrition :)
And that is also typical of a Virgoan energy. I know someone that has a Virgo Asc and is super fussy about his diet as well as about how clean and tidy his house his.

I have my Sun and Mer (both Aquarius) in the 6th house (naturally Virgo house), but close to the Dsc, but nothing in Virgo, and I love lecturing about diet and health in my social circle, and am also a bit finicky about hygiene. All aforementioned mark Virgo energy.

:)AQ

byjove

Account Closed

+1 That happens to me too. When really stressed for a prolonged period of time, my health unravels like pulling loose string from a scarf. Moon square Saturn - psoriosis comes back with a vengeance. Collodial oats is the only thing in the world that worked for me, if anyone gets that. I'm vegetarian, recently decided to give up alcohol and have suddenly developed some problems with dairy...Now I have to sail down every 'weirdo' isle in the supermarket. :lol:

M

may28gemini

Thanks!

I've read a lot of descriptions that overly stress the mushy and absurd nature that is often mistakenly assigned to Pisces Moon. You've captured the essence of the true "sensitivity" of Pisces Moon in the sense that we always absorb the energies in our immediate environment, therefore, that effects our own emotional and physical healthy. Since I have Neptune in the 3rd house and Moon in the 6th house, that is exceptionally enhanced and I do get exhausted when I'm out and about- whether or not I'm around really fun energetic people or negative horrible people.

Last edited:

dulcetpetrichor

@aquarius: lol i'm too lazy to care about tidiness and all that stuff :p
@may: wow! totally hear you me too! though my only pisces is my ascendant and saturn..you may even say that I'm like the reflection of who I'm hanging out with..was quite "close" with a depressed friend once --> get depressed as well :s

M

may28gemini

@aquarius: lol i'm too lazy to care about tidiness and all that stuff :p
@may: wow! totally hear you me too! though my only pisces is my ascendant and saturn..you may even say that I'm like the reflection of who I'm hanging out with..was quite "close" with a depressed friend once --> get depressed as well :s

That's really the downside of Pisces and it's especially sensitive in the moon position. Pisces just absorbs energy... which makes things difficult for the native. There's really no way Pisces can shut off that "absorption" button no more than Virgo (on the polar axis) put the breaks on their critical nagging.

When I was younger, I had depressing friends and didn't know how to control my Moon (I have a lot of squares and oppositions to it), I felt suffocated from all the heavy energy that I'd absorb. I use to really despair from everything around me... even when it wasn't personal. As I got older, I learned to exit myself from environments that are detrimental to me. I still absorb.. that component will never go away. I just learned to control the places that I absorb and withdraw/retire myself when things get too overwhelming. I never had too many friends to begin with... not those that I consider to be TRUE friends but I can tell you this, none of them are depressing people and yet I find it difficult to be around them or anyone for a particularly long time. Pisces likes to hide and enjoy solitude.

I was born a few hours away from having Aries Moon... d@mn, I wished I waited before entering the world because it would have been better for me in the long run LOL

Perhaps having Pisces rising you can tap into your Virgo DC which could alleviate some of that Pisces Saturn (fear and guilt) vibe you may experience. I have a weak rising too, Libra bends over backwards for others... and I don't like it b/c people try to walk all over me by default. It's not until I oscillate to my Aries DC that scares the heck out of everyone around me and then I (finally) get my way LOL

Last edited:

dulcetpetrichor

@may: good for you! well, i don't have pisces moon - my moon is in virgo actually but honestly I don't like it! I'm SO self-critical and I'm quite discriminating and critical of others too sometimes actually but I always keep it inside. Yes, I relate with the solitude part - I always need my me-time. In fact, I kind of love having Pisces ascendant as they say it's quite rare hahaha and I love being creative (I love art, dance, music, fashion, though I'm good at none :p). Yes, I absolutely loathe being used - what do you mean by "oscillate to my Aries DC" ? :s

M

may28gemini

Well, let's see how I can give a quickie but "clear" explanation...

I use whole signs system so the AC or rising is always in the 1st house and therefore the DC or descendant is always in the 7th house. The AC is representative of you- your social mask and how the world see you. The DC is the opposite of you- it is about others and how you interact with the world (more or less). So take it into consideration that the world learns about you through your AC and you learn about your world through your DC.

In my case, my AC is Libra (although I have Jupiter, Saturn, and Pluto, I still consider Libra rising as a weak rising sign) and my DC is Aries (empty 7th house).

To me, I see the world as being aggressive, pushy, demanding, and loud... boastful and bragging, very Arian. I absolutely HATE that and it grosses me out. The thing is... when I start ummm... incorporating some of the traits that I learn through my DC, I act like an Aries. It actually comes off as being exaggerated as I am not comfortable with my DC sign. When I "oscillate to my DC," I do it because I find it absolutely necessary in order to accomplish something immediate. It really scares me on the inside to act like an Aries because I think Aries is very abrasive and self-centered and that's not appealing to me. The plus side of Aries is that they're forceful and pretty much get their way. For me having Libra rising, I'm no stranger to compromise and I would (naturally) rather bend over backwards than lean forward to punch someone out.

What I was saying in the previous post is that lately, I've learned to incorporate my DC a little bit more... but it still not a savory experience for me.

When I suggested that you try to oscillate to your DC more often, it's because you have Moon in the 7th and that's a nice position. You don't view the world as dog eat dog unlike how I view the world through Aries lens (yuck). You have Saturn in the 1st house and so do I. I totally sympathize that Saturn in the 1st house makes a person really HARD on themselves. You have a sweet little escape- bounce to your Moon DC/7th more often. I don't really an out. My 1st house already has Jupiter (philosopher), Saturn (moralist), and Pluto (dictator) so at the worst, it's psychotic and at the best, detached. The closest thing I have is Pisces Moon in the 6th but it's nearly 10 degrees away from my DC and doesn't do much to soften my 7th. I hate my DC which I see as being a billion times worst than my AC LOL

Last edited:

LeoCassandra

Well, let's see how I can give a quickie but "clear" explanation...

I use whole signs system so the AC or rising is always in the 1st house and therefore the DC or descendant is always in the 7th house. The AC is representative of you- your social mask and how the world see you. The DC is the opposite of you- it is about others and how you interact with the world (more or less). So take it into consideration that the world learns about you through your AC and you learn about your world through your DC.

In my case, my AC is Libra (although I have Jupiter, Saturn, and Pluto, I still consider Libra rising as a weak rising sign) and my DC is Aries (empty 7th house).

To me, I see the world as being aggressive, pushy, demanding, and loud... boastful and bragging, very Arian. I absolutely HATE that and it grosses me out. The thing is... when I start ummm... incorporating some of the traits that I learn through my DC, I act like an Aries. It actually comes off as being exaggerated as I am not comfortable with my DC sign. When I "oscillate to my DC," I do it because I find it absolutely necessary in order to accomplish something immediate. It really scares me on the inside to act like an Aries because I think Aries is very abrasive and self-centered and that's not appealing to me. The plus side of Aries is that they're forceful and pretty much get their way. For me having Libra rising, I'm no stranger to compromise and I would (naturally) rather bend over backwards than lean forward to punch someone out.
Hi fellow Libra ASC:biggrin: I see the world in the same way as You. Good post:biggrin:

LeoCassandra

Maybe in the near future i will be:biggrin: But now i 'must' work on my natal Sun/Saturn oppositon, Moon,Neptune square to ASC:tongue: Jokes aside, i never thought about 'DSC as the world we see'...it is right in my case. I wonder about others:unsure:

M

may28gemini

You have 5th house Saturn opposition 11th house Sun? Youch, I don't envy you. That's pretty tough.

In my case, Saturn has always been nice to me (considering how Saturn can be really evil towards most charts), no my problems have always been my Pisces Moon!

After all the sh*t I've been through, my Saturn is in super awesome shape. It helps that I have Sun trine Saturn. I'm glad to get all the Saturn return stuff out of the way so now I'm back to working on all my YUCKY Moon stuff like:

square Mercury
square Venus
opposite Jupiter
opposite Saturn
square Neptune
opposite AC (wide)
square MC

(shudder):andy: