Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Vocational Astrology

Vocational Astrology Discuss finding out more about your work, job, career, calling, or whatever you do or want to do for a living.

Unread 10-07-2007, 02:49 PM

Could I make a career as an astrologer?

Hi everyone,

Even though I went throught a time where my interest in astrology kinda wanned,I'm slowly getting back at it and still haven't lost my desire to become an astrologer sometime,and do chart readings for a living.Is there anything in my chart that indicates I would be good at it?Basicly you can study something for a long time and become good at it but some people are just born with a natural talent,which,to me personally,is always better.I've been studying astrology for about1year and a half but I still make loads of silly mistakes.I think my natural talent is writting,everybody tells me I'm very good at it, but is there anything in my chart that indicates I would be able to make it as an astrologer?

Personally,I've always associated astrology and new age matters with Neptune/Pisces and Uranus/Aquarius,and I have no strong Aquarian or Piscean placements(well I have a Pisces Sun but the energies of my Aries Moon/Mercury/Venus are usually stronger)and my Neptune is close to dead,something which kind of worries me

Unread 10-07-2007, 04:02 PM
Senior Member, Educational board Editor

Re: Could I make a career as an astrologer?

Lissa,
Astrology is an eighth house matter and you have jupiter there, trine the sun in your third house of mental abilities.Your sun is in spiritual pisces too enhancing your intuitive faculties.Jupiter makes a square to your mc...a square from jupiter to the mc can energise this point.Venus is the ruler of your Mc and Venus is in aries, Mars' sign...in house 6 of work...With Venus on the cusp of the fourth and ruling your tenth, work can be done from home and this may be preferred by the native....

With your cap asc..*saturn is you* and saturn is work...Your saturn is in Aquarius, ruled by Saturn! Now Aquarius is about technology among other things...as astrology these days also involves technical expertise with computers and programs etc you would need to be able to work well there- and your chart seems to indicate you do have those kind of skills also...
Your tenth is intercepted by Mars, in h6-The workhouse!, slaving away and applying to a trine with the Mc....so the older you get, the more that comes into play.(BTW Sun from H3 squ Mars in H6- Do you suffer from headaches???)

In your first house (how you want to be seen), you have uranus cj neptune- I can see that might be helpful for astrology- thinking outside the box....
You have the sun moon and mercury all trine to jupiter in H8 so flashes of insight are very likely.....
As astrology involves a lot of hard work and attention to detail I see mercury ruling your ninth...study is going to be necessary....and co-ruling your eighth-astrology.....Cap rising would help with *staying Power* and Saturn in Aquarius helps there too.

Lissa if you have only been studying astrology for about 18 months you don't need me to tell you that you show unusual abilities in your work- and at such a young age....as many of our forum members would agree I am sure....Your chart readings are very detailed and you show the ability to juggle all the info and then sort it out and explain it logically and lucidly....
Astrology does also involve a lot of writing. But if you wanted to study astrology nothing prevents you from writing as well-they arent mutually exclusive by any means.....

Not sure what you meant by *my neptune is close to dead*????Its in your first house and conjunct uranus, VERY much a player.....In cappys sign Neptune is more grounded. You belong to a whole bunch of people born with the Uranus/Neptune- my daughter has it too..It doesn't prevent you being creative or insightful- it might make you sceptical (not a bad thing!) and *down to Earth* with your neptune stuff.
Your mercury is square to neptune- This can work in different ways, but at best can trigger your intuition...*Sticking to the facts* is important with this placement of course.
There are a few squares to your Mc, suggesting obstacles to be overcome in this part of your life- perhaps issues with *authority*.Working from home can be a way of avoiding this but with the node involved with the Mc (square)_ it may be that your karma requires you to *go out there and shake 'em up*....but at least know your stuff before you head out there *guns blazing*....if you DO know your stuff you will be able to make your mark. I"m sure you can Lissa. All the best, Lillyjgc
Unread 10-07-2007, 08:02 PM

Just a question, if you cannot determine even from your own chart whether or not you will be successful as an Astrologer, are you sure you should be contemplating that decision to become one at this time? Astrology takes a lot of hard work, study, practice & etc. If you dont have the passion and drive to do this, then you shouldnt be considering this path. There are too many Astrologers out there who know zip about Astrology and are simply using it as a way to bring in money, dont be one of those people. If you do indeed enjoy doing Astrology and have that passion, I suggest keep studying and practicing but do not become a professional Astrologer until you can answer every single one of your own questions in your nativity. Your Nativity can tell you if you will be a successful Astrologer, however if you desire to be one I suggest finding this answer yourself. I hope this helps you.
Astrology Books, Treatise, Readings & more!
Unread 10-08-2007, 01:34 AM

Astro teacher: I work as a professional astrologer and like most people I doubt that I could honestly answer EVERY question about my own nativity! Or ANYONE elses! It is not a criterion for being an astrologer...My astrology teacher who is in his eighties would not profess to be able to answer every question about any chart. Astro-if you look at the year on Lissa's chart you will see she is only 16.Shes already a more proficient astrologer than many other people on this forum.And contributes generously.
No-one will ever know *all there is to know* about astrology but that should not preclude people like Lissa choosing to make it her career path. Lillyjgc
Unread 10-08-2007, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Astro teacher: I work as a professional astrologer and like most people I doubt that I could honestly answer EVERY question about my own nativity! Or ANYONE elses!
I work as a professional astrologer as well (focusing specifically in Traditional Astrology) and there is no question that is outside the bounds of the Nativity (in traditional Astrology that is). In fact the only limit to the amount of information that can be taken from the Nativity is in the mind of the person asking. Not very many people understand how exceedingly massive Astrology really is. Everything that is in life can be interpreted and read through Astrology (even the minute of an individuals death can be extracted from the Nativity). Concerning who will become an Astrologer based on their Nativity, there are many aphorisms by various authors (Gadbury for example) which each diligent Astrologer will learn that clearly show in a chart who would make a good Astrologer.

May I ask if you work as a Modern or Traditional Astrologer? I find that Modern Astrology is a lot more constricted when it comes to finding the answers to questions (which is personally one of my reasons for moving from Modern to Traditional in the first place).

Quote:
It is not a criterion for being an astrologer
There are no criterion for being an astrologer, anyone and everyone can (and do) claim that title. What proves an Astrologer is an Astrologer is their skill.

Quote:
My astrology teacher who is in his eighties would not profess to be able to answer every question about any chart.
Age has nothing to do with skill and ability. Diligent study does. Hence why I recommended that Lissa, if she does honestly desire to become a proficient astrologer, to study and answer this question herself (I know this as I have done the same with my chart and found the answer).

Quote:
Astro-if you look at the year on Lissa's chart you will see she is only 16.Shes already a more proficient astrologer than many other people on this forum.And contributes generously.
This isnt personal against Lissa in any way. I am not doubting her skill or ability. If shes 16 and is a generous contributer to this forum then I am positive she will make a great Astrologer if she keeps up her study. My post was in no way meant to be degrading towards her desires (and I apologize if it seemed so) I just want to invoke serious thought.

Last edited by astro.teacher; 10-08-2007 at 02:02 AM.
Unread 10-08-2007, 05:00 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

7th house and Mars, to Lilly

Lilly,

You said:
Quote:
Astrology is an eighth house matter and you have jupiter there...
Your tenth is intercepted by Mars...
Jupiter is in the 7th house, not the 8th. Mars is in the 6th house, not the 10th house. What is intercepted by Mars?

Confused,

Tim
Unread 10-08-2007, 05:06 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

self, to Melissa

Melissa,

You asked:
Quote:
my desire to become an astrologer sometime,and do chart readings for a living.Is there anything in my chart that indicates I would be good at it?
You have more planets focused in the bottom (inner world) left (self) side of your chart, so you use your awareness of yourself to focus on your inner world. You have North node (future goals) focused in the 1rst house (being), so you are moving toward focusing on yourself. Yes, you have ability at astrology, but you naturally focus in on you and your own issues, not on other people. And you are more interested in helping people develop their own inner self than in building up a long-term astrologer-client relationship with them. That is why even though the idea of becoming a professional astrologer sounds cool...ultimately it all comes down to using astrology to helping you understand yourself better.

Ultimately,

Tim
Unread 10-08-2007, 10:41 AM

Re: self, to Melissa

Thanx everyone for the input; Let's take things one at a time here:
Wilson, yes you are right-jupiter is in the 7th not the eighth..mistook the sign line for house cusp lineand that does alter things slightly.(a 9 deg orb I would consider a bit wide)..but mars is intercepting the tenth- scorpio- ruled by mars which is in the sixth as i said correctly.
Kai, i was taught that astrology belongs to the eighth house and I don't agree that house 9 is astrology....the STUDY of astrology would be a h9 matter, but I don't agree that astrology is just a science...I doubt we will ever agree on this- I've heard you express that opinion before..
But if for a moment I adopt your belief system, then lissa has mercury and venus ruling that house.(9)..Her mercury is in mars sign, (aries) and mars is in h6-trine the MC so still I would say it indicates a positive relationship with astrology....
The proof of the pudding however is in the eating. If you look at the chart from the conventionally held view that house 8 rules astrology then you will see that Lissa has the moon and mercury trining that cusp.
Kai: If I look at my own chart, working as an astrologer, I have Uranus/jupiter conjunct the eighth cusp sextile my moon in virgo on the MC, so from looking at my own chart I can see if I took house 9 to rule astrology there would be no indication I was one.Yet by looking at H8 (as I was taught) it is really clearly the link..

In terms of *what sort of astrologer am I?* I was taught the traditional way but as my own teacher has evolved to include more modern planets so too have I adapted...(eg- my teacher doesn't *do* chiron- I most certainly do *do chiron*...he also uses the outer planets in horary now.So I am heading down that road....Mostly I have done natal and synastry astrology but over the last few years have branched into horary- still a new area for me- need all the help I can get!). I am interested in finding out more about the asteroids too (an area where Lissa has a fair bit of knowledge).
Astro-teacher, I didn't think you were being *personal* about Lissa..just wondered if you'd registered just how young she is...to have only studied astrology for 18 months and to show the proficiency she does I thought was in itself a clear indication of her ability to focus and learn...
In terms of having to know oneself first, yes its true but by studying other peoples charts we can learn about ourselves as well- which I see as being an ongoing journey seeing we are organic beings changing and growing (hopefully).
So no hard feelings anyone...without tone of voice its easy to read things not as they were intended here in this strange medium.
good wishes lillyjgc

Last edited by lillyjgc; 10-08-2007 at 01:24 PM.
Unread 10-08-2007, 05:16 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

two things, to Lilly

Lilly,

You said:
Quote:
mars is intercepting the tenth...the conventionally held view that house 8 rules astrology
An "interception" in a chart is when a sign is completely enclosed in a house. There are no interceptions in Melissa's chart so I don't understand how Mars can be "intercepting" anything. I also don't understand what Mars has to with the "10th". Is Mars somehow related to the 10th house? Please explain.

Since modern Western astrology holds Uranus is the ruler of astrology and Uranus rules the 11th, the "conventionally held view" is that the 11th house (not the 8th house) has to do with astrology. However, astrology has to do with a lot of things so one astrologer or another has at one time or another argued that astrology belongs in one house or the other. So astrology is something that can not be easily assigned to only one house.

Wondering and explaining,

Tim
Unread 10-09-2007, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissa
Hi everyone,

Even though I went throught a time where my interest in astrology kinda wanned,I'm slowly getting back at it and still haven't lost my desire to become an astrologer sometime,and do chart readings for a living.Is there anything in my chart that indicates I would be good at it?Basicly you can study something for a long time and become good at it but some people are just born with a natural talent,which,to me personally,is always better.I've been studying astrology for about1year and a half but I still make loads of silly mistakes.I think my natural talent is writting,everybody tells me I'm very good at it, but is there anything in my chart that indicates I would be able to make it as an astrologer?
Lissa,

Just keep on what you are doing. The most important thing for you as an astrologer, whether you make money doing it or not, is to keep studying!

Let me break down what you said:

Quote:
Even though I went throught a time where my interest in astrology kinda wanned,I'm slowly getting back at it and still haven't lost my desire to become an astrologer sometime,and do chart readings for a living.
What is important is to keep going, over "the long haul". Of course it's okay to "take a break". None of us can keep exactly the same level of intensity in studying something at all times, even something we love, but I think you will find that the magic "something" that connects all the people who are outstanding in any area of life is perserverence. All the talent in the world is useless if there is no work to back it up.

In addition, the fact that person A makes a living "doing astrology" while person B does not means nothing by itself. This could merely mean that person A is a master of self-promotion, and we have all seen too much of that in astrology, right? And person B may make his/her money in a related area and use astrology in a very powerful way.

I'm a piano teacher. I've never charged one person one cent for what I can do with astrology. This does not mean that I know less than someone else who has made a million dollars doing it. I have collected charts since my early 20s. I have studied the charts of every family member, every friend, of every student. I have collections of presidents, athletes, spiritual leaders, actors, composers, etc., etc., etc. I have many members of this forum "collected", and that includes you, by the way. I have a thirst to know more that is never quenched. Perhaps I could have made money doing astrology. Perhaps not. I never wanted to, so I'll never know.

A personal choice.

Please continue to read, study, practice. Pay careful attention to those who are most perceptive about YOU. If someone reads YOUR chart and gives you bad advice, misses important things about you, go elsewhere.

Keep testing your progress by reading charts. Be very careful that you never plant a negative seed in someone's mind. If you "see" a problem, make sure the problem really exists, then make sure you have an answer to the problem.

Wilsontc mentioned that "you use your awareness of yourself to focus on your inner world". I agree with that from personal experience, since almost all the "activity" in my own chart is in the 12th, 2nd and 3rd houses. I don't have any 1st house emphasis. Only Jupiter and the North Node are "on the right side".

But if anyone concluded from this that I lack empathy or that I am not very good at figuring out how and why other people do what they do, s/he would be incredibly wrong. Your "left emphasis" only suggests that you work best by STARTING with yourself and then working out toward other people. I had to understand myself first. The charts of other people made no sense to me until I understood my own, and that is sort of what astroteacher said or meant, I believe, when he talked about "knowing his own natal chart". If I am wrong, he will correct me.

On the other hand, I also believe it works the other way. Some people seem to use OTHER people as mirrors, to understand themselves. They work from the outside in. I work from the inside out. Is this also true for you?

As for "silly mistakes", we all make them. The most important thing is to be open to correction, to recognize your mistakes, accept help from wherever you get it, and move on. For now I am assuming that you are communicating with us in a second language, English, and that by itself is very impressive. Language skills are very important because without them, you can't communicate (write, speak), and without communication you can't help other people.

My own personal feelings about your chart, just looking at a few things:

Saturn and Jupiter are not only opposed but very close to dead-on. Very strong aspect. This is a rather "impersonal" aspect usually, since these are slow-moving planets and show up in so many charts if we give the aspects wide orbs, but the intensity is in the close orb (meaning so close to 180 degrees). It's across the 1st to the 7th, a kind of "stop/go" conflict, meaning that the forces within you that indicate when you want to hold back, be conservative, and when you want to expand, take chances, get rid of limits, do not work together smoothly without great effort, through growth. Where is the outlet for this?

I would look first to the Moon in the 3rd, sextile and trine to the opposition. Then, with the Sun and Mercury also there, wouldn't that mean that you have a great need and love of communicating? Isn't that a large part of why you are a part of this forum at such a young age? I think this is where you will find a great deal of comfort. It's an "open" area for you, a place to learn how to balance Saturn and Jupiter. Very often people learn to handle square or opposition energy more like trines as they get older IF they do intense work on the harder energy, on the challenges.

Why not forget about whether or not you will make money from astrology, for the time being? Why not just get as good as you can at doing it? Find out what area is your strength, see where it leads you.

Gaer
Unread 10-09-2007, 03:00 PM

Darn it,I had written a post this morning but then the computer went crazy and I lost it...Will try to reply now but I'm not sure if I'll finish because I need to get out after lunch.

It saddens me to see how this thread has gone.Opinions are nothing more than that,opinions,and that's why it is so important to keep an open mind:doesn't mean you're going to give up your point and take the other party's but you need to respect it,knowing that the other will respect yours as well.Life in society would be much easier if everyone folowed this simple 'rule'.

I personally associate Neptune with astrology,as the modern ruler of Pisces,but this is just my personal opinion and should be taken for what it is.That's why I got a little worried about my own chart,because I see my Neptune as being poorly aspected.Not that I think Neptune alone will determine who's an astrologer and who's not but it defintely plays an important role here,as the planet that's naturally associated with other realms of reality.Once again,this is just my personal opinion,what I understood througout my astrology studies,I don't wish to get the argument heaten up again.My choice of Neptune as significator of astrology may even be more instinctive than anything else,but my instincts usually work for me and,particularly when it comes to astrology,though not exclusively,different people come up with different ways of doing things;however,the person is always the same,so is their chart and a good astrologer will always be able to understand the individual's unique characteristics by his chart,no matter what method they use.Plus,I personally find it more important to study what you have to study and then,as you practice,adapt your the theory and create your own way of doing things;just my 2 cents worth again.

Still,I need to thank those who tried to help me with my question!:39:

Quote:
Originally Posted by astro.teacher
Just a question, if you cannot determine even from your own chart whether or not you will be successful as an Astrologer, are you sure you should be contemplating that decision to become one at this time?
You surely have a point there and I understand you,but I personally find it much harder to read my own chart than other people's,even though self-awareness is a big thing for me,as Tim noted.When you want something very badly but are not sure if you would be good at it,you try your best and then asked for an unbiased opinion,something which can help you seeing things for what they really are;sometimes we have a hard time seeing ourselves and need a little help from others,which is what I'm trying to do.If you want my opinion,I see my cahrt as having great potential for anything that has to do with in-depth study of the self,though not necessarily astrology.Don't mean to sound arrogant but my 3rd house Moon/Mercury conjunction does give me good mental abilities,which is always useful in any type of study,and,in my astrological studies,I've found that the ability to recognize patterns and themes is very useful,but have you ever seen someone trying really hard at something and getting somewhat successful but yet everyone has the feeling like "That's not their thing at all".Some people are just *born* at things,I could get into dance classes and learn the salsa but I was born a horrible dancer and even if I got to dance in competitions,a good panel of judges would understand my work and my passion but they would always get that feeling that I'm not 'natural' at it.

Out of curiosity,I will look up the aphorisms you mentioned,even though I only use them in horary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilsontc
And you are more interested in helping people develop their own inner self than in building up a long-term astrologer-client relationship with them.
You are so right-I did start studying astrology as a mean of self-knowledgment,and use it mainly to get insight into myself and others-my goal is to help people understand themselves better,so that they can move on on their own.The type of astrology I want to practice would be close to psychology-my main interest was psychology,and astrology and psychology,when used together,are much more effective then if used separatly.I feel great interest for the human mind and astrology enables me to study it but using a more interesting of language,also cutting much of the 'screening' proccess taken by psychologists where they use a million different tests to understand your personality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Ray
I have always linked Uranus to Astrology, but whether Lissa makes a career out of it, is up to her, she is still only young, she might change her mind again about having it as a full time job, because the need to earn an income now, or even family matters can enter into the picture and change everything, even if you are self taught it can take years of study before you can charge someone for your services, it depends how willing you are to sacrifice a certain part of your life to follow Astrology.
You're right,and that's actually my main concern...devoting myself to something only to fail.For now I have a plan-finish school,go to college,get a job that doesn't bother me too much and start some savings so that later on I can practice it full time.Yet there's that little(maybe not so little)part of me that has no self-esteem and feels insecure about all this,and lately I've been making so much silly mistakes that sometimes I think I should quit but that may be my triple Arian placements being impulsive and wanting to change paths when things start going wrong.Anyway I still have loads of time to refine my knowledge,I'm jsut a typical teenager who wants things to be done NOW!

And by the way,thank you for the compliment.

Of crouse I didn't forget about Lilly,Tikana and SagMoon;thank you for your advice as well!And Gaer,I found your post particularly enlighthing,you said some very good truthsIt's so nice that you have the kindness to use your astrological knowledgments to help others for free!I guess I just need to keep on studying for now and we'll see.
Unread 10-09-2007, 05:14 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

thanks, to Lilly

Lilly,

You said:
Quote:
Can you not see that scorpio co-rules Lissa's 1oth house???? ..making MARS co-ruler of her 10th?????
Thank you for taking the time to clear that up. I know what an "interception" is and since you described Mars as "intercepting" I thought that was what you meant. I now understand that you were talking about Scorpio co-ruling (a sign in the house but not on the house cusp) the 10th house. Since Mars anciently ruled Scorpio, that makes Mars the planet that rules the sign that co-rules the 10th house. Now I get it!

Understanding,

Tim
Unread 10-09-2007, 05:53 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Moved the discussion on houses

To all,

I have moved the discussion (including the most recent comments*) on which houses rule astrology and sex to here:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ead.php?t=6912

since it didn't have to do with Melissa's thread.

The link is active. Click on the link to go to the new thread. The new thread is located at:
- Natal astrology
- Houses & cusps
- "What house has to do with astrology and sex?"

Please do not post anything on this thread which is not about an interpretation of Melissa's chart.

Moderately,

Tim

* Recently moved

Last edited by wilsontc; 10-10-2007 at 06:29 AM.
Unread 10-10-2007, 12:49 AM

Lissa,

Quote:
You surely have a point there and I understand you,but I personally find it much harder to read my own chart than other people's,even though self-awareness is a big thing for me,as Tim noted. When you want something very badly but are not sure if you would be good at it,you try your best and then asked for an unbiased opinion,something which can help you seeing things for what they really are;sometimes we have a hard time seeing ourselves and need a little help from others,which is what I'm trying to do.

You should have noted this in your inital question, when I read it I assumed you were just looking for an interp. not that you wanted another opinion on the matter from your own.

Quote:
Some people are just *born* at things,I could get into dance classes and learn the salsa but I was born a horrible dancer and even if I got to dance in competitions,a good panel of judges would understand my work and my passion but they would always get that feeling that I'm not 'natural' at it.
The people who are usually best in their field are usually the ones who ARENT born with the natural ability to perform it but work their *** off to be the bestthey can be. Even if your Nativity showed nothing fantastic about being a born Astrologer, someone who works hard, and is passionate about Astrology can certainly become the best. People who use their weaknesses at catalysts always come out on top. People who are born wth natural ability and talents often waste them because they dont feel they need to refine their talents or make their craft better, there is no learning process and without that they cannot get better. This is why I believe Astrology is important for everyone to know (especially Traditional) as it tells you the good the bad and the ugly, and its up to you to strengthen your weaknesses.

Tikana,

Quote:
How this is not 9th house or Jupiter issue that i dont get it!
Astrology is ruled by Mercury and the 9th House, not Jupiter traditionally speaking of course.
Unread 10-10-2007, 01:00 AM

Send a message via AIM to smilingsteph

I must say that Lissa has helped me on several occasions and she is very intelligent, not that anyone is disputing that fact. I think that what Wilson said was right on! Lissa is doing what we all do...looking for an opinion on her chart. Not for an opinion whether or not she can read it...geez!
Lissa, I think that no one here disputes the fact that your input on this forum is priceless.
I think that taking what Wilson said is some great advice. Maybe it is hard to look at your chart because you are too close to your own internal self and internal discovery to take a stand back and analyze your chart. Not saying you cannot read it, but some outside help is what we all use on here.
You are great at analyzing others charts. I think that with your first house so full that your path of self-discovery will come with the knowledge and growth that astrology will teach you. You will grow and flourish when you help others grow and flourish.
Unread 10-10-2007, 06:24 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

Statistical research on astrology

Loony,

I have moved your post on statistical research in astrology here:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ead.php?t=6918

since it does not discuss Melissa's chart, which is the subject of this thread.

Moderately,

Tim

Last edited by wilsontc; 10-10-2007 at 06:31 AM.
Unread 10-10-2007, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astro.teacher
People who are born wth natural ability and talents often waste them because they dont feel they need to refine their talents or make their craft better, there is no learning process and without that they cannot get better.
Color and italics mine. Well said!

I still think that those who rise to the top in any area do have talent, even if the exact way that the talent works is not recognized until later, but what you have said is incredibly important.

Again and again I have seen people make unbelievabel strides because they never gave up, never lost passion, never became lazy or complacent.

I would add only one word: humility!

Never reach the point where you think you know it all, where you are unwilling to listen to a new idea. When humility is combined with talent and hard work, miracles can be accomplished.

Gaer
Unread 12-23-2007, 04:05 AM

I realize that this thread has been dead for two months, but I thought I would add this info.

In Noel Tyl's book on Vocation, he mentions Astrologer's degrees. 26 Aquarius/Leo and 18 Mutable. He didn't mention an orb to use, but I would assume 2 to 2.5. Basically, if you had a planet in orb of these points you would have an affinity towards being an astrolger. I'm not sure where Mr. Tyl learned this, but then again he is a Master Astrolger.

-PS
Unread 12-23-2007, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psiber_Space
I realize that this thread has been dead for two months, but I thought I would add this info.

In Noel Tyl's book on Vocation, he mentions Astrologer's degrees. 26 Aquarius/Leo and 18 Mutable. He didn't mention an orb to use, but I would assume 2 to 2.5. Basically, if you had a planet in orb of these points you would have an affinity towards being an astrolger. I'm not sure where Mr. Tyl learned this, but then again he is a Master Astrolger.

-PS
I forget which astrologer came up with degree's associted with what an "ASTROLOGER" might have for degree's,but after reserching the many famous astrologers I found it does not correlate into having to have the degree's prominent.

I know of Tyl's work and he is a very fine astrtrologer along with his many works.

I have been interested and have given readings on\off for 30yrs. ,but do not consider myself a working astrologer as it takes to much to do as most need to have another source of income unless they are authors as Tyl is.

I have also found that it's the older the astrologer that is the better whereas a younger astrologer can give advice that is not refined and can hurt a younger person when giving a reading.

It is also an art BTW.

I agree with another that a good placed Neptune and the outter planets will help the astrologer.

Pluto=Deep perspective as Jung had.
Neptune=Can give psychic intuiion and Clairvoyance if placed so.
Uranus=Electric mind.It does not rule astrology for nothing.

Then there are the inner planets which have to be in play and the 7th\11th houses which need to help in interaction.

Hey,but what do I know!L
Unread 12-23-2007, 11:49 AM

Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales

PS

can i rain on your parade?

do you know how many peopel have a planet at those degres? MILLIONS! are all of them astrologers? NO!

Tik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psiber_Space

-PS
Unread 12-23-2007, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikana
PS

can i rain on your parade?

do you know how many peopel have a planet at those degres? MILLIONS! are all of them astrologers? NO!

Tik
EXACTLY!
Like I mentioned in my post there are not many famous astrologers I have examined that have degree's which have a significant amount of the degree's which most have said to associate with being an astrologer.

Just to add to my post there seems to be an understanding from ancient astrologers which states that Saturn(the wisdom planet) and Mercury also play important parts in making of a good astrologer.

There may just be those that have or are born with a certain understanding which helps them to council others and help in their development.Saturn gives this which many overlook.

I have asked some people who profess to know astrology for their opinion of my chart and one came back with a Degree reading saying that I was doomed for this or that which shocked me. They should not be giving advice till they learn that all degree's have dual meanings and that the chart as a whole needs to be looked at not just the parts of ones chart.

The older one gets and can relate tio what they experience through astrological Transits and Secondary Progessions and Solar Arcs allow for them to help others.Reading of generic aspects is just not good enough as there are important parts of the whole chart that need to be intergrated .

In the past year I have done maybe 60 consultations with only one coming back to say I was off ,but reflecting on it I know why.This person insisted they get their reading done right away which I shall never force myself to be used as such again un unless it is just a quwstion of timing for some event like should they move or make a decission about something right away . It takes time to intergrate the whole of the chart and further more this person was not going to have any major changes that I could see,but wished to be told they would.

Astrologers are not just born they are students.It's a life long progress for any of them .They learn as they go along and that goes for the best or most notable astrologers.
---------------------
TIK you have come a long way in a short time.Good for you! How is the weather out in LA-LA land.I miss the sunshine! Snow does not agree with me.
Have a happy Holiday!
Unread 12-23-2007, 06:33 PM

SagMoon

happy Holidays to you tooo!!

what do you mean by "TIK you have come a long way in a short time."
Weather? it is good.. you can have it if you want... 1st plane i am outta here.. sick of this weather! Luv snow!

hugs
Tik
Unread 12-23-2007, 08:13 PM

Thanks for the feedback, Sag and Tik. I'm just reporting it as I'm seeing it, though your comments are reflecting some of the thoughts in the back of my head.

In Tyl's book, Vocations, his comments on Astrologer's Degrees are mentioned along with these names: Katherine De Jersey, astrologer and author from Chicago; Claude Weiss, president of Astrodata; C.E.O. Carter; Harding; and Noel Tyl himself.

As for the thoughts in the back of my head, Mr. Tyl made no comment as to how these points were determined. There is no mathematical calculation mentioned, nor is any relationship to fixed stars nor other objects mentioned. Of course, he makes many references to his many other books, so it could be mentioned in one of those in more detail. I've only read this one book of his, so I really don't know what his other books say.

Sag, if you consider my Sun and Mercury both in 3rd House, and my Pluto in 9th House, then you will see that I totally agree with you about being an eternal student. Astrology is what I call a 'complex knowledge system', and I've always loved 'complex knowledge systems'. The learning never ends. :-)
Unread 12-23-2007, 09:00 PM

PS

i dont know about the others but astrology saved my life at the most critical point in my life.

i have merc/uranus/sun/moon in 3rd .. jupiter in 9th!

Tik
Unread 12-23-2007, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikana
SagMoon

happy Holidays to you tooo!!

what do you mean by "TIK you have come a long way in a short time."
Weather? it is good.. you can have it if you want... 1st plane i am outta here.. sick of this weather! Luv snow!

hugs
Tik
I think I may have confused you with another concerning that comment as I remembered someone wanting a through knowledge of Returns. I do remember you from another site though,BM's and we talked about Hitler and others.

Having the combo that you have makes for a good astrologer I think or one that pursues philos and other subjects.I also share Ur in the 3rd.

If I were to go back to CA. I would choose SD or SF ,but believe me hybernating(?) 9mos. out of the year and battling the snow to get somewhere is a hassle.I hate having to punch a clock and getting into traffic when the roads suck ,*****!

If I could I would live in a beach house in Costa Rica or HI..I do not have that choice.

Regards!

Concerning the Astrologers degree's it was CEO Carter that proposed that there are certain ones as I remember now. I looked into it and did not find any relevence or correlation.I have maybe 200 famous astrologers charts and I looked at them to see.

Tyl has some great stuff and theories.I find his work very valuable.S&C will be one of the classics of all time along with his work on Solar Arcs ,Vocations and one other thing that I cannot remember at the moment.AS far as Saturn Rx and a few other things I cannot see it yet ,but I am looking at them to find the correlation.

I think Uranus and the Moon is a combo to look at for an astrologer along with the 11th,7th and a few other things.

I would like to find a true psychic astrologer myself. I have only run across a few psychics ,but none are astrologers besides.A few in the past I would have loved to have readings from.

Last edited by Sag Moon; 12-23-2007 at 10:18 PM.

Tags
astrologer, career, make