Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Celebrity Astrology

Celebrity Astrology For interesting threads on celebrities' natal charts and lives, which provide an excellent educational opportunity for us all.

Unread 01-22-2012, 01:09 AM

Lana Del Rey

Elizabeth Grant (born June 21, 1986), better known by her stage name Lana Del Rey, is an American singer-songwriter. She has been described as a "self-styled gangsta Nancy Sinatra",and cites Britney Spears, Elvis Presley and Kurt Cobain as her musical influences.[3

http://www.astrotheme.com/astrology/Lana_Del_Rey

What do you think her ascendant could be?

She may also be a Cancer sun depending on her birth time, but I'm leaning towards Gemini sun.

Last edited by savanna; 04-08-2012 at 10:49 PM.
Unread 03-01-2012, 11:58 PM

Re: Lana Del Rey

I thought she seemed cancer........
—Albert Einstein
Not to hurt our humble brethren is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission—to be of service to them wherever they require it.—Francis of Assisi
Unread 03-02-2012, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Know View Post
I thought she seemed cancer........
She has Mercury in Cancer, she seems like a Gemini sun to me.
Unread 03-02-2012, 06:52 PM

I agree 100%, I also find at certain times something about her looks like Nathlie Portman....
—Albert Einstein
Not to hurt our humble brethren is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission—to be of service to them wherever they require it.—Francis of Assisi
Unread 03-02-2012, 07:09 PM

I think that she could be a cancer. For example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8Gl1Sm5M04 (1:07) or here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC6ilDfH_GM (0:30).
Unread 03-02-2012, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoCassandra View Post
I think that she could be a cancer. For example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8Gl1Sm5M04 (1:07) or here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC6ilDfH_GM (0:30).
That can also be cancer merc....some cancer suns I know are not that comfterable with emotional displays, especially in the year I was born. I am cancer sun and when people cry around me I am like ahhhh........ I wonder why they are crying..................... What do I do......... * Sympathetic face.......* Mind drifts off to thinking about whats for dinner....... I found the gemini suns I grew up with less emotionally awkward than myself..... She does talk very cancerish...... Though, people around my age... her age I think shes around my age born on july 21st (I actually know a few) All swear high and low they are Cancer and will not consider Gemini for a second. Ok yes I looked it up she is born the same year as myself, few days older than me. Yesssssssssss I feel young again.
—Albert Einstein

Last edited by Love2Know; 03-02-2012 at 07:30 PM.
Unread 03-02-2012, 08:24 PM

Yes... maybe is her cancer mercury. I can hear it then is her venus in leo <look at me! Im conforting a crying fan.. Im the queen of people hearts..> and Gemini sun <devilsh half smile for camera> hmm I think she could be a cardinal rising sign
Unread 03-02-2012, 08:28 PM

Yeah a woman on youtube did a chart for her and said her sun is gem and her rising is leo.. and her merc would be cancer 12th
—Albert Einstein
Unread 03-02-2012, 09:02 PM
Account Closed

I find that the tone to her music is a TOUCH melancholic (the best kind, and I LOVE it) so I thought Saturn could have a strong placement. Add Saturn to water signs and I'd expect those lyrics...she's a tad more upbeat than Dido.
Unread 03-02-2012, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Know View Post
Yeah a woman on youtube did a chart for her and said her sun is gem and her rising is leo.. and her merc would be cancer 12th
That makes makes sense with her having Venus on the ascendant. I also agree with what you said before about Natalie Portman, she reminds me of her.
Unread 03-05-2012, 12:57 AM

definitely looks leo/gemini combination a la Mary Louise Parker. could just be the first picture though. i'd also guess leo rising given general persona.
Unread 04-08-2012, 09:42 PM

I dont think that Lana have done her natal chart at least this's what i can assume after hearing her interview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB2u4...ayer_embedded#! and what do you guys think? I have a strong premonition that she is a late late cancer rising (born 7:30 am) because she has cardinal face shape for me. Big, beautiful eyes kind like Angelina Jolie. She likes talking about past (Elvis,old hollywood) Yes i know she done plastic surgery but she looks so much like Julia Robert(julia's ASC late Cancer, ruler of ASC in fire(leo) the same as lana)If Ms. del rey was born at 7:30 AM her sun would be in XIIhouse mercury would ASC from XII house. Venus in Leo in I house...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tumblr_m241l75jkT1rsjnojo1_400.jpg (9.1 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg tumblr_m20eq6Xqmc1qj56hoo1_500.jpg (26.4 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg tumblr_m26e93FRVF1rntf5jo1_500.jpg (33.8 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg tumblr_m26fisJ1sN1rsmh3qo2_r1_250.jpg (9.8 KB, 29 views)
Unread 04-09-2012, 04:38 PM

Quote:
I dont think that Lana have done her natal chart at least this's what i can assume after hearing her interview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB2u4...ayer_embedded#! and what do you guys think? I have a strong premonition that she is a late late cancer rising (born 7:30 am) because she has cardinal face shape for me. Big, beautiful eyes kind like Angelina Jolie. She likes talking about past (Elvis,old hollywood) Yes i know she done plastic surgery but she looks so much like Julia Robert(julia's ASC late Cancer, ruler of ASC in fire(leo) the same as lana)If Ms. del rey was born at 7:30 AM her sun would be in XIIhouse mercury would ASC from XII house. Venus in Leo in I house...
I look nothing like Julia Roberts but she is the person I would get told I resemble the most. I was born like a week and a half or 2 weeks after Del Rey,so that is interesting yet I dont look like her at all! Also I gained a lot of weight so my face shape is just rounded out. I like to blame my taurus mc
—Albert Einstein
Unread 04-09-2012, 06:44 PM

Quote:
I think you might be on to something here. I've been looking at a lot of Cancer ascendants recently.

Astrotheme actually gives 9.00 AM for her birth time, which gives her sidereal Cancer rising.

Mercury and Venus rising... Angular Rahu/Ketu axis in the 10th/4th, same signs in the navamsa; hence the unusual, exotic, even eccentric vibe central to her character and music.

Works for me.
Unread 04-09-2012, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moog View Post
I think you might be on to something here. I've been looking at a lot of Cancer ascendants recently.

Astrotheme actually gives 9.00 AM for her birth time, which gives her sidereal Cancer rising.

Mercury and Venus rising... Angular Rahu/Ketu axis in the 10th/4th, same signs in the navamsa; hence the unusual, exotic, even eccentric vibe central to her character and music.

Works for me.
could also be her mercury cancer though
—Albert Einstein
Unread 10-06-2012, 08:58 AM

I dont know why Im feeling with Lana very strong connection. Her lyrics smotimes are exactly the same as my 'poetry'. Her mercury is at 24 d Cancer my sun is at 1 d Leo... but its too wide to feel something. Her psyche is on my south node and Midheaven.... If you belive in past lives maybe I was her teacher or she was mine. I changed my mind i think she's early degree Leo ASC. in her lyrics you can notice the heavy venus square pluto influence:
Quote:
I will love you 'til the end of time
I would wait a million years
Promise you'll remember that you're mine
Baby can you see through the tears
Love you more
Than those b*tches before
Blue jeans
Quote:
Come on take a walk on the wild side
Let me kiss you hard in the pouring rain
You like your girls insane
Choose your last words,
This is the last time
Cause you and I
We were born to die
Born to die
Unread 10-06-2012, 07:09 PM

Gemini Ascendant. Hasn't she overhauled her musical style, appearance, and name multiple times, in an effort to achieve fame?
Unread 10-08-2012, 05:41 PM

She look like the elvis family
Unread 11-08-2012, 01:19 PM

Isn't she a Leo asc? Unless the birth time source is inaccurate..
Unread 11-11-2012, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cascada View Post
Isn't she a Leo asc? Unless the birth time source is inaccurate..
It's inaccurate. It is just a guess.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eJOsAObYHQ
Unread 02-23-2013, 06:13 AM

Love her! Crazy about her voice

Mercury opp Mars
Moon conj Uranus

I wouldn't want to get into an argument with her lol
Sagittarius is my #1 dominant sign, Jupiter #2 dominant planet! Jupiter, Uranus & Neptune in the 9th. One day I'll travel the world! Japan you're first
Unread 02-24-2013, 04:00 PM

She also has Mercury Novile Neptune [9th harmonic].
Quote:
Mercury novile Neptune: Rejoicing in one's ability to communicate in such a way as to 'touch' other people and make life happier for them; rejoicing in one's mental empathy with other people.
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/astrological-aspects/novile-9th-harmonic.php

Quote:
Your imagination can work overtime. You can paint pictures with words. You can think on your feet. You can become a super salesperson. Some of your most creative work is done unwittingly, as if you are attuned to a faraway source. You could be an actor, a dreamer, a mystic, a faith healer, a psychic and probably are some combination thereof. Instead of letting your imagination play tricks on you, work to communicate meaningful and significant information. Since you can unconsciously attune yourself to other people's thoughts and motivations, you need to stay centered, balanced and grounded. You are naturally psychic and prophetic.
http://www.adze.com/Celebrities/Gian...ace.htm?page=4

Quote:
Your religious, spiritual, and artistic inclinations are based on serious thought and reflection. You have a deep appreciation for poetry and literature. You are not flamboyant and you have little taste for glamour and ostentatious behavior.
http://www.skyviewzone.com/reports/harmonicsample.htm
Unread 07-02-2013, 12:20 PM

Sorry for double post. There's a rumor about her birthday. She could be born in 1985. Day and month stay the same. Why? 1. In her private facebook account she wrote in birthday: 21 June 1985. 2. She did graduate high school in 2003. 3. this article and some other reasons. In the 1985 chart we can notice Moon in Leo square Pluto, Sun conjunct Mars in Cancer, Mercury in Cancer, Sun opposite Neptune, Venus in Taurus conjunct Node
Attached Images
File Type: jpg astro_2gw_02_ldr.40482.54812.jpg (75.1 KB, 15 views)
Unread 07-02-2013, 07:02 PM

Good job with the research. She must have been born before 12 pm, because she says she is a Gemini herself. So the asc. before 12 pm could be Pisces, Aries, Taurus, Gemini or Cancer Ascendant.
Unread 07-05-2013, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Sorry for double post. There's a rumor about her birthday. She could be born in 1985. Day and month stay the same. Why? 1. In her private facebook account she wrote in birthday: 21 June 1985. 2. She did graduate high school in 2003. 3. this article and some other reasons. In the 1985 chart we can notice Moon in Leo square Pluto, Sun conjunct Mars in Cancer, Mercury in Cancer, Sun opposite Neptune, Venus in Taurus conjunct Node

There is no "rumor" about her birthday. Since she came out and until this very day, her day of birth had always been june 21, 1986.

in this article, posted october 7th, 2011, she clearly states she is 25 years old, and will turn 26 on june 21 (2012 obviously).

http://www.complex.com/music/2011/10...-and-new-album

And astrotheme did not "guess" the hour of her birth, it is stated a little after her birth chart, that the birth time source is Interview Magazine.

Her 1986, 9am chart seems perfectly correlated to her public persona, imo.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lucid For This Useful Post:

Tags
lana