Feeling like belonging to something higher instead of self

or1000

What would indicate in the chart a feeling of belonging to the world at large? The self belonging to a higher purpose and ‘the cosmos’ to an extent.

Zora

Account Closed
What would indicate in the chart a feeling of belonging to the world at large? The self belonging to a higher purpose and ‘the cosmos’ to an extent.

Moon and sun in 11th house or in 12th house - these people feel more a supra-personal order and "calling" to give a personal senseful contribution to society and feel themselves responsible for what is going on in the outer world and with planet earth itself as well.

Similar effective with ruler of 4th house and ruler of 5th house in 11th house or 12th house.

Harmelia

I agree with Zora, but there are other indicators too. I would add Pluto and the North Node of the Moon in the 11th or 12th house. And, honestly, you have to look at the whole chart. These indicators we're suggesting, are only some possibilities. Are you wondering about your own chart in regard to this question?

katydid

I think the three outer planets represent the urge to belong to something more than just the individual daily sphere.

Uranus represents the COLLECTIVE. It connects one to the social collective, humanitarian networks, and the urge to create a better society.

Neptune represents COSMIC CONSCIOUSNESS, often accessed through theosophy, spiritualism and religious pursuits.

Pluto represents the COLLECTIVE UNCONSCIOUS. The power to face the darkness's in the quest for transformation and rebirth.

If someone has personal planets/angles in tight aspect to one or more of the outers, or has one of them as their dominant planet, these urges for self transcendence are heightened.

Last edited:

or1000

I agree with Zora, but there are other indicators too. I would add Pluto and the North Node of the Moon in the 11th or 12th house. And, honestly, you have to look at the whole chart. These indicators we're suggesting, are only some possibilities. Are you wondering about your own chart in regard to this question?

yes own chart. north node 11th almost 12th house.
with the 11th house, this is supposed to be the collective, whereas the 12th collective unconscious.
what would you say the difference in approaches would be with aiming to belong to something larger with each of the houses? as in, how would this be fulfilled?

Harmelia

yes own chart. north node 11th almost 12th house.
with the 11th house, this is supposed to be the collective, whereas the 12th collective unconscious.
what would you say the difference in approaches would be with aiming to belong to something larger with each of the houses? as in, how would this be fulfilled?

or1000,
The 11th house is where we might give to or participate in a group - an audience - a movement that we identify with. It could also be how we navigate a career in the social world. We could be a hacker who is never known but experienced by many. We could belong to a community of computer hackers and have some reputation under a false name.

The 12th house very well may be the collective unconscious but I also see it as a very spiritual place - where mystics meditate in temples and our imagination and intuition may soar. Psychics and mediums live there. But so do prisoners and antisocial loners holding up in the woods. It's a place of letting go and endings. We can let go of who we think we are and embrace a much higher experience of ourselves there. The thing is, we all have a spirit. We feel alone in that. It's difficult to share all who we are even with our closest friends. The 12th house is a place of solitude. It's a place where we know we are more than we are in human form. It's the place we go in our dreams. Someone who is a mystic will have more desire to help others. But not so many people are that evolved. Some people escape into the 12th house because they can't deal with life for one reason or another.

You know, quite honestly, we ALL belong to something larger than ourselves. We all have a spirit/soul and we belong to the greater human consciousness or Over Soul. So, in reality, the whole chart could be seen as how we might "belong" to our own Higher nature and then that which is larger than ourselves.

I believe that we must first tend to ourselves and whatever it is we are here to heal. And in the process of healing, we share what we learn with those we know. Some people just don't realize that they belong already. Some people aren't in touch with their own spiritual nature and inner sense of soul. The first step is to get in touch with one's own inner nature. After that, then one can be of help to others in that process. When we grow and discovery who we are, we find meaning in life.

House by house, sign by sign - is a cookie cutter type of way of seeing it, in my opinion. Yes, typically 5th house is where we find our mission in life - our creative self-expression - our personal fulfillment - and 11th house is where we align our own mission with community or tribe or other people who share our goals. But, there are so many other ways this can be seen in the chart with Leo-Aquarius, 5th-11th houses. And these are not the only indicators.

You have to look at how all the planets are inter-relating and all the other stuff we consider as astrologers - chart patterns, aspect patterns, prominently placed planets, moon phase, elements, modes, etc. There are too many ways to say something. Sun in Aquarius in the first house or Sun conjunct Uranus in Aries? No they aren't the same, but we're mixing similar qualities here - saying something similar.

How do you see a person working altruistically? Well, are they working altruistically because they think they must in order to get to heaven? Are they working altruistically because they truly love and love is guiding them? Are they working altruistically because they want to be noticed. maybe they want to get into politics - maybe they want power through doing good? Each of these motivations would look different in a chart.

Answering any of these questions, shows the deeper question. What kind of person acts out of these motivations? I would say that astrology answers these questions much better than how is altruism or acting upon wanting to belong to something greater. Some very religious people belong to something greater - but are very narrow minded and judging. Other religious people practice true moral values and the art of love. How do you show that in astrology? Well, not easy to answer. These things sometimes come with intuition when studying a chart.

When I see South Node of the Moon in the 11th house though, that's when I know the person has identified with something bigger than themselves but has lost themselves in that process. They need to work on personal goals to get back in touch with their own soul - their own self-esteem and confidence built upon self-discovery instead of faith in someone else's doctrine. It is through our own soul development that we connect with the larger Spirit we are all members of.

With North Node within 3.5 degrees of the cusp, I would read it as 12th house. Placidus. I would say that this is a lifetime of letting go of being perfectionistic and working so hard. It's a time to nurture your spiritual self, perhaps intuition and imagination. It depends upon where the ruler of your north node is as to what I'd say to you as an individual - also the nature of your wound in the SN 6th house - conjucntions, and where the ruler of the SN is. It doesn't mean you can't do service-oriented things. It means you are learning to balance the hard work and service energy of the 6th with solitude and letting go of responsibility for others. That's a very general question and a very general answer. I may say something else if I read your chart.

Basically, when we work on ourselves, heal our wounds, raise our awareness, seek peace, joy and love - we naturally want to give, and we naturally then, feel like we belong to something bigger than ourselves. We already are. It's just peeling away all that isn't who we are - our conditioning. It's a long and difficult road for most of us, and most of us will need to come back to finish the job.

I love astrology for its deep complexity. It challenges me. It makes me dig deeper into myself.

Last edited: