Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Predictive Astrology

Predictive Astrology This is the place to discuss the astrology of the past, present, and future. Includes eclipses, transits, progressions, planetary returns.

Unread 07-11-2019, 05:47 AM

Re: How does Mercury retrograde affect you?

During this retrograde period, I've experienced more than my fair share of refunds. Mercury is transiting my 8th.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to conspiracy theorist For This Useful Post:
Blaze (07-12-2019), Chrysalis (07-11-2019)
Unread 07-11-2019, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
During this retrograde period, I've experienced more than my fair share of refunds. Mercury is transiting my 8th.
Is mercury just transiting your 8th, or making aspects too ?

Im asking because when ive experienced things during the merc rx, mercurys not been making any actual aspects.
Unread 07-11-2019, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
Is mercury just transiting your 8th, or making aspects too ?

Im asking because when ive experienced things during the merc rx, mercurys not been making any actual aspects.
The transiting Mercury is in trine to N. Sun/Mercury/Pluto @ 5,8 and 0 Sagittarius respectively. Sun is L8 (intercepted but the sign Leo is located in the 8th house), and Mercury is L6, L7 & L9. (Placidus)

Last edited by conspiracy theorist; 07-11-2019 at 12:49 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to conspiracy theorist For This Useful Post:
Chrysalis (07-12-2019)
Unread 07-12-2019, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Hmm, that's neat.

Transit Mercury is hitting my third. Only thing that's happened so far is a trip I was supposed to go on got canceled. On account of the tickets being stolen. Happened just as Mercury went rx.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
conspiracy theorist (07-12-2019)
Unread 07-12-2019, 03:05 AM

It feels so good when it's over.
Unread 07-12-2019, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
Hmm, that's neat.

Transit Mercury is hitting my third. Only thing that's happened so far is a trip I was supposed to go on got canceled. On account of the tickets being stolen. Happened just as Mercury went rx.
Yeah, that stinks. How big was the trip?

It's safe to say that this has been an eventful time for me, and the hijinks started faithfully on the first day of the pre-shadow period on June 20th. Reviewing and recapitulation have been major themes, and some reforms are in order. Funnily I did have someone from the past contacting me recently, and she reamed me out something fierce but I didn't mind because now she could let go of what she was holding unto and move forward with her life. It fell just short of the Merc Rx period so it didn't make the cut, although it is claimed that people from the past returning is a common occurrence during the transit.
Blaze (07-12-2019)
Unread 07-12-2019, 10:23 AM

I usually enjoy mercury retrogrades for a time to be more expressive and free but this current one is happening in my 10th this time and more public and Iíve had a couple of disagreements with coworkers, probably effecting my reputation and they will think Iím an ******* now only good thing is they arenít walking all over me but Iíve not quite managed to find the balance between still being likeable AND not taking bs.
Unread 07-12-2019, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
I usually enjoy mercury retrogrades for a time to be more expressive and free but this current one is happening in my 10th this time and more public and Iíve had a couple of disagreements with coworkers, probably effecting my reputation and they will think Iím an ******* now only good thing is they arenít walking all over me but Iíve not quite managed to find the balance between still being likeable AND not taking bs.
I personally find not being liked is done by the ones that donít appreciate or respect you. If you take no bs and thereís only a few ppl that still like you well thatís enough and you carry on taking no bs. Thereís no balance in being respected ✊ boundaries yes
Unread 07-12-2019, 01:33 PM

In about a weeks time, mercury will hit my moon/node midpoint in my 7th house, so we'll see what that brings, if anything.
Unread 07-12-2019, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Yeah, that stinks. How big was the trip?

It's safe to say that this has been an eventful time for me, and the hijinks started faithfully on the first day of the pre-shadow period on June 20th. Reviewing and recapitulation have been major themes, and some reforms are in order. Funnily I did have someone from the past contacting me recently, and she reamed me out something fierce but I didn't mind because now she could let go of what she was holding unto and move forward with her life. It fell just short of the Merc Rx period so it didn't make the cut, although it is claimed that people from the past returning is a common occurrence during the transit.
Short trip to the state next to mine. Were it a long one, that'd be the ninth house issue, but would a Rx Mercury in the third effect its opposite house? Going by natal, I'd say so, but unsure here.

Haven't had any coming backs yet. We'll see what happens later on.
conspiracy theorist (07-14-2019)
Unread 07-12-2019, 08:57 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
Short trip to the state next to mine. Were it a long one, that'd be the ninth house issue, but would a Rx Mercury in the third effect its opposite house? Going by natal, I'd say so, but unsure here.

Haven't had any coming backs yet. We'll see what happens later on.
Was it to be an overnight trip?

As I recall, the ninth house is any travel more than a day's journey away. If it's too far away for a day trip, it's no longer the third house.

Mercury also rules thieves. The theft of the tickets could be a Mercury/third house thing, affecting the ninth. Transits affect the houses they opposition, too.
Private messages welcome if they're either moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I answer those on the forum sometimes, and in my practice always, but not in private messaging.

If you would like to read my blog or inquire about my practice, please visit https://www.thebearsnose.com/

I also answer natal chart-based questions in its Ask the Astrologer feature. Submissions very welcome there!
The Following User Says Thank You to Osamenor For This Useful Post:
Blaze (07-13-2019)
Unread 07-12-2019, 09:01 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Update on my Mercury retrograde:

I've had two new people ask to schedule astrology readings with me (yay!). But communication issues ensued in the actual scheduling with both of them. One of them is scheduled now, but the other is still in limbo.

On the day Mercury turned retrograde, I returned to a meeting of a group I'd previously been involved with but had to drop out of for a while because of my other commitments. Return theme there.

And straightened out an email problem that had been affecting my communication with that group, too.
Private messages welcome if they're either moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I answer those on the forum sometimes, and in my practice always, but not in private messaging.

If you would like to read my blog or inquire about my practice, please visit https://www.thebearsnose.com/

I also answer natal chart-based questions in its Ask the Astrologer feature. Submissions very welcome there!
Unread 07-13-2019, 05:38 AM

I've been marking my calendar for decades. Mail gets lost, misdelivered, never delivered. Gotta return stuff to the store. Repairs don't 'take'. A call that should've taken 5 minutes requires 2 hrs. Detours due to pop-u construction, getting stuck in terrible traffic. Computer goes on the fritz. Email grinds to a standstill, can't find server.

You don't buy phones, cars, electronics.

What more do ya want?
Unread 07-13-2019, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
Was it to be an overnight trip?

As I recall, the ninth house is any travel more than a day's journey away. If it's too far away for a day trip, it's no longer the third house.

Mercury also rules thieves. The theft of the tickets could be a Mercury/third house thing, affecting the ninth. Transits affect the houses they opposition, too.
Yup, overnight trip. The funny thing is, the thief was a cousin of mine who ended up using the tickets for him and his girlfriend. Considering the third an its connection to siblings/cousins, I found that fascinating.
Osamenor (07-13-2019)
Unread 07-13-2019, 10:13 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
Yup, overnight trip. The funny thing is, the thief was a cousin of mine who ended up using the tickets for him and his girlfriend. Considering the third an its connection to siblings/cousins, I found that fascinating.
So, this Mercury retrograde revealed your cousin to be a thief. Unless you already knew that? Had he stolen from you before, or were you aware of him stealing from others before now? (Someone who steals a trip from their cousin is highly unlikely to be just a one time offender.)

In any case, now you know you can't trust him.

Unread 07-13-2019, 10:23 PM

So far mercury rx, which is transiting through my 7th house, is not doing nothing major, as no aspects are being made....but from what i can gather so far, its made me and my friend be distant, ive spent time away from her and she's now more friendly with someone else (but this im not really bothered about) as it gives me more astrological study time. Currently reading "Llewellyn's Complete Book of Predictive Astrology: The Easy Way to Predict Your Future".

Thats about it really, so far.
Unread 07-14-2019, 08:02 PM

A major reason why this Merc Rx is such an eventful time for me, is because it is contextualized by my progressed chart being in a new Moon phase (Moon is now 1 degree away from Sun) as well as that Moon edging into a new sign. The events brought about by this transit are in service to a larger renewal period, and not just the regular mischief that it seems to signify when not in tandem with bigger directions going on in the life.
Chrysalis (07-15-2019)
Unread 07-14-2019, 11:09 PM

Smile Re: How does Mercury retrograde affect you?

Quote:
A major reason why this Merc Rx is such an eventful time for me, is because it is contextualized by my progressed chart being in a new Moon phase (Moon is now 1 degree away from Sun) as well as that Moon edging into a new sign. The events brought about by this transit are in service to a larger renewal period, and not just the regular mischief that it seems to signify when not in tandem with bigger directions going on in the life.
Which natal-house is Merc Rx currently transiting in your chart?
Unread 07-15-2019, 12:30 AM

11thH for me. I love catching up with friends!
The Following User Says Thank You to passiflora For This Useful Post:
david starling (07-15-2019)
Unread 07-15-2019, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Which natal-house is Merc Rx currently transiting in your chart?
The 8th, and it will station 4 degrees outside of the 7th house on the 1st of August. Themes around debts, finances, contractual agreements, and broader issues around what you are willing to sacrifice in order to gain, and how that invites an intimacy/closeness that isn't necessarily desirable for the parties involved.

Last edited by conspiracy theorist; 07-15-2019 at 02:47 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to conspiracy theorist For This Useful Post:
david starling (07-15-2019)
Unread 07-15-2019, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkk View Post
I personally find not being liked is done by the ones that donít appreciate or respect you. If you take no bs and thereís only a few ppl that still like you well thatís enough and you carry on taking no bs. Thereís no balance in being respected ✊ boundaries yes
Yeah boundaries are important, which is not just about respecting other peopleís boundaries but letting them know yours too. And you know, despite the coworkers Iím having issues with, there are definitely some coworkers that have stood out as still being nice to me and not being bitchy, so those are the ones to appreciate. And the ones who are being bitchy itís good to be an ******* so they stay away!
Unread 07-27-2019, 10:26 PM

Okay mercury retrograde be over with now....not long left.

Had some selling trouble on ebay. Bidder won the item 3 days ago, still nothing through paypal, until i looked into this further as it said buyer initiated payment on the 24th the day the bid ended, but ive still nothing in my paypal account. Until i finally realized today, my email on ebay (for some unknown reason) was an old email address, different to my paypal one.....hence payment not going through.

This is still on ongoing process in getting this sorted out
Unread 09-02-2019, 04:01 AM
Banned

Mercury retrograde affects me in this way:

I can get irritated, or speechless. Sometimes I get distracted in my head, or slightly confused about things.

Sometimes I lose stuff but it can be usually be brought back in some way.
I think I cannot travel well with mercury retrograde

Mercury retrograde can also lead to slight illness,

etcetera
Unread 09-18-2019, 07:17 AM

I was born having mercury in retrograde 😭 so normally, I think a lot before talking because my speaking isnít so great when having to talk on the spot. Well, I have other placements that affect my speaking too. Such as mercury in Capricorn in the 12th and Saturn in Gemini in the 5th. Which overall means when it is creative writing time, my brain cells fry.
Unread 09-18-2019, 04:51 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eanahsti View Post
I was born having mercury in retrograde 😭 so normally, I think a lot before talking because my speaking isnít so great when having to talk on the spot. Well, I have other placements that affect my speaking too. Such as mercury in Capricorn in the 12th and Saturn in Gemini in the 5th. Which overall means when it is creative writing time, my brain cells fry.
And how do you find transiting Mercury retrograde periods to work for you? This topic is about Mercury retrograde by transit.

The common wisdom is that people born during Mercury retrograde find Mercury retrograde periods to go the best for them. That's when the world is vibing on their plane. Do you find that to be true for you?

Tags
affect, mercury, retrograde