Transiting Pluto opposing my natal Saturn. Help

diana795

I am about to face my hairiest transit yet, so I'm turning to the only people I really belong to, the astrologers.
I've been studying for 9 years now, please help out with advice and encouragements.
As Pluto is approaching and will soon oppose my natal Saturn in 12th, they found a tumour or cyst on my bladder. Even if caught in early stages, this cancer keeps coming back. I may pee through some bag and face dialysis like my sister or die like my dad and uncle (kidney cancer) or mom (colorectal). I'm 43 now and alone. Astrology is my passion.
How can I cope with this transit in a relatively positive way? How can I stop checking my solar returns obsessively?

Thank you humbly.

Attachments

• Mychart.jpg
    Mychart.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 25

Frisiangal

Hi,
The chart drawing is much too small to see in detail.

Could you increase the size to 90%, orb to 80%, add MEAN Black Moon Lilith :)lilth:) and TRUE Lilith (h13 in 'extra'box), as well as adding/exchanging for a chart of 'natal with secondary progressions and solar arc directions' from the prognose section of astro. com. That will provide a bigger picture (literally and metaphorically:smile:).

Frisiangal

Hi Diana,

The enouragement is that you have a positively aspected natal Sun in its own sign in the 1st house to a Jupiter optimism in Aries. That's a lot of big heart, good-willed power working within you to get you through any difficult (also physical) situations.
In medical astrology Jupiter rules growths of all kinds, including that within the body.

You also have Moon (fluids)-Pluto(cells) in Libra (ruler kidney, renal system) in the 3rd house of the mind processes, which can also be influenced by the effect of sibling relationships upon you. O.k., the conjunction can have a way of placing obsessively(Pluto) worrying(Moon) feelings that can influence
a thoughtful mind. Yet this doesn’t infer that such feelings/thoughts are going to happen: Thoughts and feelings aren’t deeds. The conjunction makes no adverse aspect, so one might also not be adverse in thinking that anything of a Plutonic nature (ruler 5th -self expression) could be a friend rather than enemy in coping with any situations of an overpowering, overwhelming nature.

The issue could lie more in natal Saturn in 12th house, ruler 6th house of (chronic) physical complaints, that is the apex of the T-square with Jupiter-Chiron and Uranus. Unfortunately, as you may well be aware, harsh Jupiter-Saturn aspects have a reputation for the high-high, low low mood swings. One can hardly be expected to be joyful at a worrying medical diagnosis. The Libra pendulum will obviously swing to the other side to create the shock effect that is associated with Uranus.

Tr. Uranus has been effecting that T-square for several years. Can you pinpoint any changes within the house positions and/orplanetary rulerships with which brought about an internal, emotional pain (Chiron) that you have had trouble accepting (Saturn?). The holistic astrology I study implies that physical issues find their source in such situations.

Pluto in ourselves represents the total destruction of any system in order to re-generate new (proverbial) cells of growth. If Saturn brings endings of past situations, yet that still linger to have an effect upon one's self, it is Pluto that annihilates and finalises them, never to return.

You are concerned about inheritance of disease. The 4th-12th houses have links with hereditary and ancestral situations. You are not them; you may carry genes, yet you are also a unique individual in yourself with a different life road map to follow.
It could well be that tr. Uranus within and upon yourself will bring about the necessity of independent change, whereby tr. Pluto allows a vicious circle to be destroyed once and for all.
Secondary progressed Sun can then enter Libra without concern for the future.

As with any astro. interpretation, it all depends upon how it is received, taken, and/or discarded.

Encouraging enough? :smile:

greybeard

Surrender.

SURRENDER.

If you surrender there can be no war.

Surrender involves letting go, detaching from your attachments.

Attachments like your life. Let go, in the knowledge that everything is ok.

diana795

Yes Frisiangal, it is encouraging :love:
What an inspired interpretation, it's the best gift I've had in years :love:
I'll read it many times. Your post has that a-ha moment that can put an end to wild thoughts and gives new light to the same chart.

Pluto can create such a set of circumstances! Ever since it entered the 6th house, I've been putting a lot of overtime at work (natal Venus in Virgo) but then when I didn't get a promotion I thought I deserved, I internalized it horribly, obsessed over it for months, which affected my health, got me scared that nobody would take care of my pets (another 6th house theme) and stressed out my friendship relationship with my beloved neighbour-friend. What a circle of worry and fear.

What is your favourite medical astrology book?
I'll go read some of your posts to learn more stuff. Thank you again.

diana795

@greybeard I agree, surrender is the first thing to do when facing Pluto. and the hardest, especially when it comes to one's life.

Thank you kindly for your advice :smile:

greybeard

Yes Frisiangal, it is encouraging :love:
What an inspired interpretation, it's the best gift I've had in years :love:
I'll read it many times. Your post has that a-ha moment that can put an end to wild thoughts and gives new light to the same chart.

Pluto can create such a set of circumstances! Ever since it entered the 6th house, I've been putting a lot of overtime at work (natal Venus in Virgo) but then when I didn't get a promotion I thought I deserved, I internalized it horribly, obsessed over it for months, which affected my health, got me scared that nobody would take care of my pets (another 6th house theme) and stressed out my friendship relationship with my beloved neighbour-friend. What a circle of worry and fear.

I'll go read some of your posts to learn more stuff. Thank you again.

"When I didn't get a promotion...." and then "what a circle of worry and fear." And then she marches off to get a new medical book, full of new things to "cause" worry and fear.

Let me off the merry-go-round. Let me learn to surrender.

Frisiangal

Yes Frisiangal,...…………..

Hi again Diana,
In spite of Greybeard's sceptisism:)wink:), almost 30 years of studying medical astrology has hit so many nails on the head that it has proven its validity for me. There is a theory that if one hasn't studied the subject they are not in a position to offer an objective opinion or criticism.
A medical book is, of course, not the same as a medical astrology book. The former describes physical symptoms, the latter the reasons for them.

I was inspired by my first astrology teacher who, through transits and solar arc directions to the natal chart, was able to correctly say what, where, when, and then WHY I had contracted a physical dis-order. It got me hooked on studying the reasons why a physical disorder manifests.

I doubt my learning books will be of help to you because none of them are in English. My Dutch med. astrology training followed a system known as 'Reckeweg' (there's a thread from years back about it somewhere in the forum archives), that I've never read anything of comparison in English. It works from the theme that physical dis-ease and dis-order follows the order of the planets, beginning with Moon. Each planet represents a stage of 'internalisation', as you so aptly said, when the energy represented is not expressed externally as it should be. Etc....etc...etc...
My favourite reference book is (transl.) 'Astrology and Healing' written by a Dutch M.D.

My greatest inspiration was from U.S.medical astrologer Ingrid Naiman, who gave several seminars in Holland presented through the holistic view. Her books are available through her website 'Astroheal'.

U.S. Astrologer Eileen Nauman has many books on medical astrology. Her website 'Medicine Garden' is marvellous. My only issue with her descriptive work is that she gives importance to the theoretical (Uranian?) planets.

H. Cornell's Medical astrology Encyclopedia is a bible in itself.

From other sources I understand that U.K. Ridder-Patrick's medical astrology books are very good,
Diane Cramer (now deceased) was a U.S. astrologer who did not have any medical training, yet whose published works are reckoned important.

I get a lot of information from medical astrology websites, of which there are numerous.

:smile:

diana795

"When I didn't get a promotion...." and then "what a circle of worry and fear." And then she marches off to get a new medical book, full of new things to "cause" worry and fear.

Let me off the merry-go-round. Let me learn to surrender.

greybeard I see you worry that I'll use the information to feed and embark in my cycle of worries :) but that's not the case. If you knew me you'd understand that I worry because I'm fundamentally hungry for healing, I just didn't know how. But you know that saying, when the pupil is ready the master will appear.

The last 2 days have been eye-opening. It's become clear how continuous anger and ptsd from earlier life events need healing. Regardless of my biological time, long or short, I've now found something that needs to be addressed. Every thing contains its opposite, every disease contains its opportunity to heal. If not the disease directly, then the important factors related to it.

I don't know what kind of surrendering you have in mind. How are you seeing it? Because the way I see it, I need to be growing that missing leg to resolve the Saturn-Uranus-Jupiter tension. I know these planets are not personal, but I see Saturn as generating the worry and fear, and Uranus is the internet through which I am getting jupiterian wisdom. Don't know what the missing leg is, but I'll use Pluto in 3rd(Mercury's house and powers of the mind) to investigate this.

In browsing the forum I noticed a similar thread in Jan, another lioness whose pluto crossed the 6th house mark.

I'm really hoping this conversation will serve many who are in the same situation, who are unable to find answers in the "real" world but end up finding great inspiration here.

diana795

Frisiangal, words fail to describe how grateful for the riches you posted (hehe Pluto's riches). With transiting Uranus at 29' Aries, having just passed over natal Chiron, I am beginning a new phase, medical astrology.
So far, the 4 parts on high cortisol on the medicinegarden site are mind blowing.
In the following months I'll try to read everything you wrote about. Right now the information is valuable and overwhelming, but I'm sure that I'm channelling towards the right direction. The other 3 in my family are gone, mom died of colon cancer when I was 7, dad died of kidney cancer, my sister had lupus and died of complications related to it, so before the story ends I may wash away the grief and clean some karma for all of us.
Thank you again, I'm here, not far, reading :)

Frisiangal

greybeard ............…
I don't know what kind of surrendering you have in mind. How are you seeing it?

I did wonder that myself. I am assuming it means the 'spirit' of surrendering of the ego and its attachment to that which planet Earth provides.

Surrender is a facet of Neptune; 'the physically impossible' to beat? The giving up of one's personal spirit for life and being controlled by a power ooutside one's self ….Pluto …. unless the ultimate willpower of control in/of one's self is found?
Yet Neptune also represents the faith that, in some way that is not physically apparent, can produce what appear as miracles.

In the Reckeweg system of medical astrology, Neptune represents the approaching and gradual stage of debilitation and dissolution of the physical state. It follows the breakdown of the body when the required change of Uranus to see past situations ( Saturn- limits of physical body) in an alternate manner does not seem possible. Neptune is followed by the final stage - degeneration of living cells.

Your mention of Chiron … the phase between Saturn and Uranus is so often referred to as 'the inner wound/scar that never heals'. I have found it to also be perceived as 'the breakthough' that can bring forth the 'aha' moment and enable Uranus change to occur.

Your last post was especially moving to me because you appear to be allowing that Chironic stage to find its place in (your) life, allowing the inner (self) healing to occur through which the positive energy of planetary influence can take over from their otherwise negative effects.

Good luck to you. Let us know the results of the medical diagnosis. :smile:

diana795

It may take some weeks, as they're doing a second CT scan now, but I will. Something will be lost in the Pluto Saturn opposition, hopefully not a life.
Until then, you've brought me out of mental stagnation :) and thank you kindly.