Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Vedic Astrology

Vedic Astrology For discussions on Vedic astrology only.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 03-09-2018, 03:26 AM
capee capee is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 48
problem of jaimini astrology

hello i try to learning astrology but i have found bit of problem

is this one

my birth date is a

1985 5 22 10:50 AM kandy Sri Lanka cancer and Scorpio navamsha

my planet degree is (this all one manual calculate and parashara lite calculate ones all one same)

AS 16 39 cancer
SU 7.28 Taurus
Mars 24.06 Taurus
Ju 23. 02 Capricorn
Me 19.47 arias
Moon 03.23 Gemini
Sat 00.41 Scorpio
Venus 24.06 Pisces


Venus 24.06 Pisces
Mars 24.06 Taurus


problem is what is my atmakaraka planet?


this ones i didnt notices long time because of a reason some application say my Atmakaraka is a mars i believe it now its prob i try to learning karakamsha lagna i try to using advance application say ATM is Venus but some say mars anyone can solve this

thanks


Last edited by capee; 03-09-2018 at 03:45 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 03-09-2018, 03:37 AM
Whoam1's Avatar
Whoam1 Whoam1 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 3,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by capee View Post
hello i try to learning astrology but i have found bit of problem

is this one

my birth date is a

1985 5 22 10:50 AM kandy Sri Lanka cancer and Scorpio navamsha

my planet degree is (this all one manual calculate and parashara lite calculate ones all one same)

AS 16 39 cancer
SU 7.28 Taurus
Mars 24.06 Taurus
Ju 23. 02 Capricorn
Me 19.47 arias
Moon 03.23 Gemini
Sat 00.41 Scorpio
Venus 24.06 Pisces


Venus 24.06 Pisces
Mars 24.06 Taurus


problem is what is my atmakaraka planet?


this ones i didnt notices long time because of a reason some application say my Atmakaraka is a mars i believe it now its prob i try to learning karakamsha lagna anyone can solve this

thanks
Um check declination maybe... I have Scorpio Navamsha myself, the Atmakaraka planet Mercury, is in a critical degree, it's the first planet to rise on the horizon at my birth, and it's in the strongest aspect in my chart .06 degrees away from and exact sextile with capy Mars.

I can't seem to find anything on twin Atmakaraka either. Maybe do you have a favorite number and try adding seconds in your birthtime see if it changes anything ( probably not).
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 03-09-2018, 05:14 AM
dr. farr dr. farr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: los angeles california
Posts: 12,474
Re: problem of jaimini astrology

The Ponmudi Forest (Karala) adepts of a variant Jaimini approach (significantly influenced by Siddha astrology) say that the potential atmakaraka planet needs to be subject to the following additional criteria:

1) if the apparent atmakaraka planet is in the constellation ("sign"-they always refer to "sign" as constellation, since they use the sidereal zodiac) of its fall, then that planet is excluded from consideration
2) if the apparent atmakaraka planet is in the same constellation as Ketu, it is excluded from consideration
3) if the apparent atmakaraka planet is "in the place of the sun" (ie, if the planet is within a few degrees of the sun-and, of course, the atmakaraka planet NOT being the sun itself), then it is excluded from consideration

In case the apparent atmakaraka planet is EXCLUDED by one or more of these considerations, then the NEXT likely atmakaraka planet becomes the candidate and it is subjected to these criteria. Whatever potential atmakaraka planet meets (or finally meets) these criteria, is the atmakaraka planet for that chart.

In case 2 (or even more) planets are equal and each meet these criteria, then the choice of the atmakaraka is decided by the following considerations:
1) the planet in its exaltation is chosen
...if no planet is in its exaltation (or each are in exaltation), then...
2) the planet in its rulership is chosen
...if no planet is in its rulership, (or if each is in its rulership), then...
3) the planet with the most (highest total) of dignities is chosen

In the OP's chart description, the candidates are Mars and Venus: now, assuming that Venus is not in the same constellation as Ketu, Venus is the atmakaraka because it is in its exaltation in the constellation of Pisces.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dr. farr For This Useful Post:
capee (03-09-2018)
  #4  
Unread 03-09-2018, 06:11 AM
capee capee is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 48
Re: problem of jaimini astrology

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. farr View Post
The Ponmudi Forest (Karala) adepts of a variant Jaimini approach (significantly influenced by Siddha astrology) say that the potential atmakaraka planet needs to be subject to the following additional criteria:

1) if the apparent atmakaraka planet is in the constellation ("sign"-they always refer to "sign" as constellation, since they use the sidereal zodiac) of its fall, then that planet is excluded from consideration
2) if the apparent atmakaraka planet is in the same constellation as Ketu, it is excluded from consideration
3) if the apparent atmakaraka planet is "in the place of the sun" (ie, if the planet is within a few degrees of the sun-and, of course, the atmakaraka planet NOT being the sun itself), then it is excluded from consideration

In case the apparent atmakaraka planet is EXCLUDED by one or more of these considerations, then the NEXT likely atmakaraka planet becomes the candidate and it is subjected to these criteria. Whatever potential atmakaraka planet meets (or finally meets) these criteria, is the atmakaraka planet for that chart.

In case 2 (or even more) planets are equal and each meet these criteria, then the choice of the atmakaraka is decided by the following considerations:
1) the planet in its exaltation is chosen
...if no planet is in its exaltation (or each are in exaltation), then...
2) the planet in its rulership is chosen
...if no planet is in its rulership, (or if each is in its rulership), then...
3) the planet with the most (highest total) of dignities is chosen

In the OP's chart description, the candidates are Mars and Venus: now, assuming that Venus is not in the same constellation as Ketu, Venus is the atmakaraka because it is in its exaltation in the constellation of Pisces.




thank for clear explanation that mean my ATK is Venus its right ?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 03-10-2018, 03:14 AM
dr. farr dr. farr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: los angeles california
Posts: 12,474
Re: problem of jaimini astrology

Yes, UNLESS Venus is in the same constellation (sign) as Ketu; IF that is the case then Mars would be atmakaraka-if Ketu is not in the same constellation as Venus, then Venus is atmakaraka.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 03-10-2018, 01:37 PM
capee capee is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 48
Re: problem of jaimini astrology

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. farr View Post
Yes, UNLESS Venus is in the same constellation (sign) as Ketu; IF that is the case then Mars would be atmakaraka-if Ketu is not in the same constellation as Venus, then Venus is atmakaraka.



Thank you sir
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 03-11-2018, 04:05 AM
mathur_dinesh mathur_dinesh is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,038
Re: problem of jaimini astrology

Please see the attachment. Mars is clearly the atmakaraka.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf astro_2gw_capee.11232.23678.pdf (59.9 KB, 8 views)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 03-11-2018, 07:57 AM
anoop.indirapuramghazibad anoop.indirapuramghazibad is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Noida (India), Contact e-mail-anoop.astrologer@gmail.com
Posts: 863
Re: problem of jaimini astrology

Venus is 24 degree 06 mins. and 18 secs.
Mars is 24 degree 06 mins and 17 secs.
Hence Venus is Atmakarak, Mars is Amatyakarak according to Jaimini Dasha
__________________
www.anoopastrosutra.com,
.....Anoop.astrologer (Jyotisha Acharya)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 03-11-2018, 04:23 PM
capee capee is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 48
Re: problem of jaimini astrology

mathur_dinesh anoop.indirapuramghazibad thank for you getting time and making my horoscope

but a like to ask from anoop.indirapuramghazibad what is you using software for creating that chart because different software given different calculations what is correct one ? horoscope explore or parashara lite

thank you again
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 03-11-2018, 04:54 PM
mathur_dinesh mathur_dinesh is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,038
Re: problem of jaimini astrology

I have used astro.com which one of the most accurate site.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 03-12-2018, 12:10 AM
anoop.indirapuramghazibad anoop.indirapuramghazibad is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Noida (India), Contact e-mail-anoop.astrologer@gmail.com
Posts: 863
Re: problem of jaimini astrology

In that case better to calculate manually, and get the results. Software is for the support, to avoid time consumption of manual process. In my opinion, when such issues are developed, better to go for manual process and use proper Ephemeries, I am using NC Lahiri's Indian Ephemiris.
Calculate at least for last four digits for seconds too.
Original issue is which planet is AK, not for the accuracy of software.
__________________
www.anoopastrosutra.com,
.....Anoop.astrologer (Jyotisha Acharya)
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 03-12-2018, 02:14 AM
mathur_dinesh mathur_dinesh is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,038
Re: problem of jaimini astrology

The question whether Mars or Venus is atmakaraka has arisen on account of faulty calculations. If the calculation were accurate the issue could have been settled by the querist himself.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
astrology, jaimini, problem

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 05:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.