Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #9001  
Unread 01-04-2020, 02:13 PM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
@ UKpoohbear

You asked me for my opinion on a Jeffrey Wolf Green, Neptune Soul link.

I will start to answer.

The 3rd paragraph of your link

"The Soul contains within itself all the prior life memories from every life it has ever lived. And the soul has its own "identity", or ego. This identity or "ego" is not the same as the ego that the Soul creates in any given life on places like Earth. The ego of the Soul is one's "eternal" identity."

I like the idea, of the soul, remembering all past lives, because, without it doing so, the advancements made or not made, would not be recorded. If the soul is our database, then it would save records of past lives.

That is of course, assuming that what he has written is correct.

My problem, with past lives, is, well, lack of faith, and lack of evidence. And, with past lives, I am disturbed that my past lives all determined by some to be humanoid.

If the Soul has its own identity, then experiencing all life forms would seem to be an advantageous thing. So, my Soul, might prefer to come back and learn the lessons of being a wolf. Learning the lessons of living on the edges of society, being hunted, and trying to survive in a world that is encroaching on your habitat. It could be a good lesson for a developer of communities.

Then other lessons are to be learned. Let's say that rocks breathe. Because they do have an oxygen content. Could a soul be cast into stone, as a punishment? For instance, Hitler, everybody's favorite bad guy. could his soul, be sent to the lava pits, to be formed as pumice, to be used one day to scrub the corns of the feet of someone whose Soul survived The Third Reich's methods.

After all, he does mention on places "like" earth. So then, we have to consider, that our Soul, also may have the capability to travel through space, and become an entity, that I cannot perceive.

Anyways, UKpoohbear, that is one paragraph. It may take a while.

Opal
(Apologies in advance for the long reply)

Itís very interesting trying to include animals with reincarnation. I like how at least in your description you say you can go from being a human into an animal because most people say you work up from an animal into a human, but I like in your version there is more equality or at least just a different experience.

For my own opinion I think animals may be different to us altogether, like spiritual guides. They donít have a thinking capacity like us but they have other gifts like reading energy and some kind of telepathy or another type of communication that we havenít really discovered yet, and so we canít recognise it in them.

We can relate to them by our need for love but they are more advanced than us in telepathic ways, they may be closer to the source but they recognise us as being on a journey, or they just love us because theyíre so close to the source of consciousness they are here to assist us and it is our ego that takes us away from the source and sees animals as beneath us.

But Iíve observed things that makes me know that my pets are capable of a type of telepathic communication and cats especially react to energy to tell if they are safe or not, which is funny because the more spiritual a human is, the more they learn to read energy off people and itís more effective than just going by eye contact or subtle body clues. Reading energy is more spiritually advanced, so maybe animals are more advanced than us.

I mean, how brave would you have to be to take a risk and incarnate as an animal and be open to being hunted, killed etc and all for the sake for the love of humanity to helps us grow spiritually or feed us so we can survive long enough to be able to learn? If being close to the source is all that spiritual advancement is about, then animals are more advanced than us because in order to do it you would need to be full of love and have no ego.

For the love of humanity they offer their flesh and blood to feed us to help nourish us so we can grow and learn as humans. But because of our ignorance and ego and because we donít recognise any other communication apart from language then us humans stupidly think they are beneath us, that because they let us kill them that they are weak...well it could actually be the other way around and we are the stupid, ignorant species that havenít advanced far enough to see animals for what they are.

So if I was going to change anything about the general consensus of reincarnation it would be to look at animals differently. Almost worship them in a non-god like way.

~

You mentioned about different methods of punishment like for Hitler coming back as a pumice for a Jew he killed (funny lol). I think about that too but I have less thought on it than animals. What I do believe is that you have to feel what you made the other person feel. So Hitler will need to have his freedom taken away, be victimised, tortured, starved, and itíll take lifetimes to even become a decent human again.

There are bound to be lots of Naziís reincarnated, and Holocaust victims. I know Iíve been able to recognise a couple of people who have reincarnated as soldiers with ptsd. I think thatís where my anxiety has come from but guys who are lost with ptsd I think have been ex-soldiers because I believe Iíve met a few of them. And being a warrior myself, it makes sense I recognise them.

One example has the fixed star Facies on his IC and a Neptune/Mars/Uranus in Capricorn but he hides behind his Sun/Venus conjunction of being really camp, even though he can stand up for himself when heís been picked on. But heís not present at all, his anxiety is through the roof and I think thatís PTSD from too may lifetimes at war.

I have a past life memory of being shot while lying down in a field unable to move, even though I can feel the enemy coming closer. And then I was shot and the dream stopped and would be impossible to turn around and change it when I tried to, like you can sometimes do with dreams. Ever since then my anxiety has slowly decreased and I can recognise other past-life ex soldiers. When I told that guy that he had seen too much war, he agreed because itís how he felt rather than believing in past lives for himself, but heís open to it.


Last edited by Ukpoohbear; 01-04-2020 at 02:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ukpoohbear For This Useful Post:
Opal (01-05-2020)
  #9002  
Unread 01-04-2020, 11:56 PM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,780
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Do mooses moo?
Quote:
Originally Posted by petosiris View Post
Google gave me this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uejVcS4uPH8

''Moose don't moo,
the way milk cows doo''
They sound like this.

Like a much more raucous version of cattle mooing and a much less musical version of elk bugling.
__________________
Private messages welcome if they're either moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I answer those on the forum sometimes, and in my practice always, but not in private messaging.

If you would like to read my blog or inquire about my practice, please visit https://www.thebearsnose.com/

I also answer natal chart-based questions in its Ask the Astrologer feature. Submissions very welcome there!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Osamenor For This Useful Post:
david starling (01-05-2020)
  #9003  
Unread 01-05-2020, 12:46 AM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: clearing
Posts: 14,629
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Found this randomly on one of my searches. Perhaps some of you will find it useful.

https://oi.uchicago.edu/sites/oi.uch.../docs/ois6.pdf
__________________
Epoche
Reply With Quote
  #9004  
Unread 01-05-2020, 01:07 AM
Opal's Avatar
Opal Opal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 1,167
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

I like your response. I will respond, but, it will take a while, I was out of town, and came back, but, I have meetings tomorrow, and then out of town again, talk soon. Opal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
(Apologies in advance for the long reply)

Itís very interesting trying to include animals with reincarnation. I like how at least in your description you say you can go from being a human into an animal because most people say you work up from an animal into a human, but I like in your version there is more equality or at least just a different experience.

For my own opinion I think animals may be different to us altogether, like spiritual guides. They donít have a thinking capacity like us but they have other gifts like reading energy and some kind of telepathy or another type of communication that we havenít really discovered yet, and so we canít recognise it in them.

We can relate to them by our need for love but they are more advanced than us in telepathic ways, they may be closer to the source but they recognise us as being on a journey, or they just love us because theyíre so close to the source of consciousness they are here to assist us and it is our ego that takes us away from the source and sees animals as beneath us.

But Iíve observed things that makes me know that my pets are capable of a type of telepathic communication and cats especially react to energy to tell if they are safe or not, which is funny because the more spiritual a human is, the more they learn to read energy off people and itís more effective than just going by eye contact or subtle body clues. Reading energy is more spiritually advanced, so maybe animals are more advanced than us.

I mean, how brave would you have to be to take a risk and incarnate as an animal and be open to being hunted, killed etc and all for the sake for the love of humanity to helps us grow spiritually or feed us so we can survive long enough to be able to learn? If being close to the source is all that spiritual advancement is about, then animals are more advanced than us because in order to do it you would need to be full of love and have no ego.

For the love of humanity they offer their flesh and blood to feed us to help nourish us so we can grow and learn as humans. But because of our ignorance and ego and because we donít recognise any other communication apart from language then us humans stupidly think they are beneath us, that because they let us kill them that they are weak...well it could actually be the other way around and we are the stupid, ignorant species that havenít advanced far enough to see animals for what they are.

So if I was going to change anything about the general consensus of reincarnation it would be to look at animals differently. Almost worship them in a non-god like way.

~

You mentioned about different methods of punishment like for Hitler coming back as a pumice for a Jew he killed (funny lol). I think about that too but I have less thought on it than animals. What I do believe is that you have to feel what you made the other person feel. So Hitler will need to have his freedom taken away, be victimised, tortured, starved, and itíll take lifetimes to even become a decent human again.

There are bound to be lots of Naziís reincarnated, and Holocaust victims. I know Iíve been able to recognise a couple of people who have reincarnated as soldiers with ptsd. I think thatís where my anxiety has come from but guys who are lost with ptsd I think have been ex-soldiers because I believe Iíve met a few of them. And being a warrior myself, it makes sense I recognise them.

One example has the fixed star Facies on his IC and a Neptune/Mars/Uranus in Capricorn but he hides behind his Sun/Venus conjunction of being really camp, even though he can stand up for himself when heís been picked on. But heís not present at all, his anxiety is through the roof and I think thatís PTSD from too may lifetimes at war.

I have a past life memory of being shot while lying down in a field unable to move, even though I can feel the enemy coming closer. And then I was shot and the dream stopped and would be impossible to turn around and change it when I tried to, like you can sometimes do with dreams. Ever since then my anxiety has slowly decreased and I can recognise other past-life ex soldiers. When I told that guy that he had seen too much war, he agreed because itís how he felt rather than believing in past lives for himself, but heís open to it.
Reply With Quote
  #9005  
Unread 01-05-2020, 01:42 AM
leomoon's Avatar
leomoon leomoon is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 240
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
Found this randomly on one of my searches. Perhaps some of you will find it useful.

https://oi.uchicago.edu/sites/oi.uch.../docs/ois6.pdf

Terrific! Ironic, it has 360 pages.




Ref:
Quote:
"The Soul contains within itself all the prior life memories from every life it has ever lived. And the soul has its own "identity", or ego. This identity or "ego" is not the same as the ego that the Soul creates in any given life on places like Earth. The ego of the Soul is one's "eternal" identity."
Edgar Cayce would have explained it a little differently, when he said the soul has an individuality, and the ego has a personality. Same idea .
Individuality comes from the combination of all lifetimes placed on the earth I presumed. Not sure if we are also elsewhere, but I think some of us are. Shame I can't ask him to clarify further.

Last edited by leomoon; 01-05-2020 at 01:47 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to leomoon For This Useful Post:
Opal (01-05-2020)
  #9006  
Unread 01-05-2020, 01:58 AM
Opal's Avatar
Opal Opal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 1,167
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by petosiris View Post
I am very manly indeed. What alphanumeric code did you use aside from the summation?
AJS 1
BKT 2
CLU 3
DMV 4
ENW 5
FOX 6
GPY 7
HQZ 8
IR 9

This is the modern 26 letter method. There is others, this is the main system used for various methods of numerological divining. There are many methods of interpretation.
Reply With Quote
  #9007  
Unread 01-05-2020, 02:23 AM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
I like your response. I will respond, but, it will take a while, I was out of town, and came back, but, I have meetings tomorrow, and then out of town again, talk soon. Opal
No problem, thereís nothing more daunting than responding to a long reply. I couldnít help it, my thoughts werenít clear yet. Take your time...
Reply With Quote
  #9008  
Unread 01-05-2020, 03:08 AM
petosiris's Avatar
petosiris petosiris is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 3,390
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
AJS 1
BKT 2
CLU 3
DMV 4
ENW 5
FOX 6
GPY 7
HQZ 8
IR 9

This is the modern 26 letter method. There is others, this is the main system used for various methods of numerological divining. There are many methods of interpretation.
I thought that the only way to divine something was to transliterate into Hebrew and use gematria. Don't need to add them up and be left with 9 sun sign numerology. What does 52 mean?

Last edited by petosiris; 01-05-2020 at 03:11 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #9009  
Unread 01-05-2020, 03:44 AM
Opal's Avatar
Opal Opal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 1,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
Petosiris
755619991 - 52 - 7

Only one feminine 6

Name number 7, associated with books
52 is the sum of all the numbers before it. 5 plus 2 equals 7. You add the sum first to determine if it is a master number.

11, 22, 33 for instance are master numbers
Reply With Quote
  #9010  
Unread 01-05-2020, 03:46 AM
Opal's Avatar
Opal Opal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 1,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
No problem, thereís nothing more daunting than responding to a long reply. I couldnít help it, my thoughts werenít clear yet. Take your time...
Hey, thanks! I get swamped, having your own business is busy.
Reply With Quote
  #9011  
Unread 01-05-2020, 03:47 AM
Opal's Avatar
Opal Opal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 1,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by leomoon View Post
Terrific! Ironic, it has 360 pages.




Ref:

Edgar Cayce would have explained it a little differently, when he said the soul has an individuality, and the ego has a personality. Same idea .
Individuality comes from the combination of all lifetimes placed on the earth I presumed. Not sure if we are also elsewhere, but I think some of us are. Shame I can't ask him to clarify further.
360 yeah that is cool! Number 9, number 9😄
Reply With Quote
  #9012  
Unread 01-05-2020, 03:51 AM
Opal's Avatar
Opal Opal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 1,167
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

@Petosiris

The word divining has many meanings. Dowsing or witching with a rod or pendulum or forked stick is divining, as is doing astrology.
Reply With Quote
  #9013  
Unread 01-05-2020, 04:03 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 20,753
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
360 yeah that is cool! Number 9, number 9��
Germany says NEIN to "nine"! Calls it "nuen".

But, a 9 by any other name is still a 9. Unless it's an IX.

Last edited by david starling; 01-05-2020 at 04:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #9014  
Unread 01-05-2020, 04:11 AM
petosiris's Avatar
petosiris petosiris is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 3,390
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
@Petosiris

The word divining has many meanings. Dowsing or witching with a rod or pendulum or forked stick is divining, as is doing astrology.
I mean divination that claims prophesy rather than causation.

There is astrology, which is scientific, and there is astrology, which is divinatory. Most traditional astrologers made a big difference. Might be the same with dowsing, who knows.
Reply With Quote
  #9015  
Unread 01-05-2020, 04:13 AM
petosiris's Avatar
petosiris petosiris is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 3,390
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
52 is the sum of all the numbers before it. 5 plus 2 equals 7. You add the sum first to determine if it is a master number.

11, 22, 33 for instance are master numbers
https://www.biblewheel.com/GR/GR_52.php

Website is pretty good, but the author became an apostate - https://www.biblewheel.com/Blog/debu...trip-its-been/

1 Timothy 1:3-5 warned us of numerology and myths that do not train godliness (1 Timothy 4:7)

Last edited by petosiris; 01-05-2020 at 04:22 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #9016  
Unread 01-05-2020, 04:25 AM
petosiris's Avatar
petosiris petosiris is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 3,390
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
And Mars leaving it’s domicile, with Moon in Aries in mutual bad reception to Saturn...War!
War... the upcoming World War III you mean? Thanks Trump.
Reply With Quote
  #9017  
Unread 01-05-2020, 05:49 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 20,753
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by petosiris View Post
War... the upcoming World War III you mean? Thanks Trump.
Wasn't he the get our troops out of the Middle East guy?
Reply With Quote
  #9018  
Unread 01-05-2020, 05:50 AM
CapAquaPis's Avatar
CapAquaPis CapAquaPis is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: ...in the sidereal astrological system.
Posts: 2,176
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

I heard anyone with a 4th house or IC sun conjunct moon in their solar return are likely to either move back with their parents or vice versa. The 4th house sun is around midnight or the beginning of a 24 hour day. And the 4th house moon is a major factor in disruption of their home life.
Reply With Quote
  #9019  
Unread 01-05-2020, 05:50 AM
Opal's Avatar
Opal Opal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 1,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by petosiris View Post
https://www.biblewheel.com/GR/GR_52.php

Website is pretty good, but the author became an apostate - https://www.biblewheel.com/Blog/debu...trip-its-been/

1 Timothy 1:3-5 warned us of numerology and myths that do not train godliness (1 Timothy 4:7)
Do you own a concordance Petosiris? The Hub is handy, but I love the books.

That is excellent, 52! Good answer! I will look them up, and check my concordance!
Reply With Quote
  #9020  
Unread 01-05-2020, 05:55 AM
petosiris's Avatar
petosiris petosiris is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 3,390
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Wasn't he the get our troops out of the Middle East guy?
Welcome to politics
Reply With Quote
  #9021  
Unread 01-05-2020, 06:06 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 20,753
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by petosiris View Post
Welcome to politics
Well, at least we know what a moose sounds like now!
Reply With Quote
  #9022  
Unread 01-05-2020, 06:09 AM
petosiris's Avatar
petosiris petosiris is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 3,390
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
well, at least we know what a moose sounds like now!
wraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to petosiris For This Useful Post:
david starling (01-05-2020)
  #9023  
Unread 01-05-2020, 06:11 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 20,753
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by petosiris View Post
wraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah?
Sort of "wtf" in animal language.

Last edited by david starling; 01-05-2020 at 06:15 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #9024  
Unread 01-05-2020, 06:13 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 20,753
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

There was once a third political party in the U.S. called "Bull Moose"!
Reply With Quote
  #9025  
Unread 01-05-2020, 06:14 AM
Opal's Avatar
Opal Opal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 1,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
They sound like this.

Like a much more raucous version of cattle mooing and a much less musical version of elk bugling.
Cool, the first set of sounds are aggressive. The second set sound like rutting season, the third like normal conversation.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Opal For This Useful Post:
david starling (01-05-2020), Osamenor (01-05-2020)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.