WHAT is Dad spending all Grandma's cash on???!

EvilPixyScorp

Grrr...
My dads a life long loser/user of his poor mother.
She's 80, and his sister called about to snap tonight & wondered
if she was correct to suspect he's spending all loans on drugs? Gambling?
It sure isn't on anything obvious.
She might file for power of attorney soon, its that bad.
Note: He's Cap/0 degree Gem ASC/Cancer Moon.

LYINGZ.gif

Sanem

If I may offer some thoughts, until someone more experienced comes around:

- Scorpio Ascendant, so Pluto ruler. Question is Scorpionic in nature, or the answer is?
- Pluto on 2nd house Cusp, so I'd say say yes, the money is being used for something daylight shouldn't see, although it isn't making any bad aspects, so maybe his gambling will pay off? :rolleyes:
- Also Jupiter (money spending) and Mercury (thinking, social contacts?) close to the Ascendant in 12th house (drugs, alcohol, religious sects) square Neptune (confusion, illusion, a "higher world"), in 3rd house (communication, social contact), which is square Saturn in Leo close to MC (a Lion who's made it in the wordly society).

I'd say he is using the money for a darker purpose, his thinking and social contact are in "higher regions" at the moment, and this spending is going to hit hard with the mundane limits of this world.

I might suggest cutting him off from the money. It'll be hard on him, but that's still better than him dragging his mother with him (myself being Cap Asc and Sat in 10H conj MC, I have little respect or patience for people who don't respect their limits. Maybe I should become a judge, I have a feeling I'd like it :D).

Edit: also his Jupiter square Saturn is bad for money.

But I'd also like to point at the Moon in Cancer in 8th house trine Uranus in Pisces in 4th house: that might indicate that he's going through a transformation with his deeper emotions, which may be freeing Uranus/Pisces energy from the unconciousness or perhaps family trauma's. I think what he might be doing could be important to him.
Perhaps he can find a cheaper way to do so though :). Than again, perhaps not.

Last edited:

Howl

Wow, what a great horary chart!! Sanem, I believe that you're right to pick out Pluto in Sagg on the 2H cusp there as significant. However, if you use the conventional horary rules, remember two things: the ruler of ascendant signifies the querent, in this case Evilpixyscorp. Also, traditional rulerships are commonly used first, meaning that the ascendant is ruled first by Mars :)

Evilpixyscorp, as Mars, is in her sign of detriment, Libra. She is combust, and with no essential dignity. Perhaps a Scorpio ascendant shows her will to investigate, and her major signifier in Libra shows her concern for justice, but it appears that she is not well placed at all to resolve the issue. I am not clear as to why she is in her own 11H, perhaps this represents her having consulted astrology.

However, it appears that she has a close relationship with two other factors in the equation. She is just separating from a sextile to 9H Leo Saturn, ruler of her own 3H. Evilpixyscorp, are any of your sibling involved, have you discussed this with any of them? Saturn itself is in detriment and with no essential dignity, showing an inability to act. She is also applying to a sextile with Pluto, the modern ruler of her own ascendant, in Sagittarius on the cusp of the 2H. I consider this auspicious, but am not clear on what it could mean :). Perhaps Pluto co-rules Evilpixyscorp, or somehow indicates a resource that will come into her possession very soon, and which will bring the ability to act which she lacks as Mars alone. Alhough I am not sure, because Pluto aslo lacks essential dignity.

I think her father, in this question, is signified by ruler of the 10H. So, he is Mercury in 12H Scorpio. Brilliant! He is in the sign of "other people's money", and in the house of potentially disguised actions and missing things. This describes rather sharply that money he has used is unaccounted for. He appears in a poor condition regarding this question, as he is both without essential dignity, and accidentally debilitated due to falling in the 12H. He falls in his own turned 3H, perhaps indicating that he is concerned with how his own sibling (sister) appears to be investigating the matter? Actually I just realised, Evilpixyscorp and her aunty (her father's sister) share the same significators, Mars/Pluto, because Scorpio is on the cusp of his turned 3H (siblings). Even more interesting, Evilpixyscorp (and her aunt) fall into her fathers' turned 2H, indicating interest in his finances and resources.

Now, for the money and the question! Here is where I get stumped. Jupiter, ruler of the actual 2H in the chart, might rule the money. It makes sense because it's missing, in the 12H, with her father. However, using the natural 2H would mean I am talking about Evilpixyscorp's money, and I am not. It's her grandmother's money, and I don't know where to put her grandma!! As mother of her father, she would belong to the 2H (fourth from the 10th) and her money would then be the 3H. BUT that would make grandmother Jupiter, in the 12H with her son, suggesting that they are hiding something together!!! Her money would be Saturn detriment in Leo 9H, her own 8H (possibility of bad outcomes!) and her son's 12H (hidden, also malefic) I won't go any further with this line of logic unless someone can confirm?! If you use my reasoning, it looks like Evilpixyscorp's grandmother is "in on" something hidden with her son, though she may not appreciate the full financial risk of this. Hmmm. Mars seperating from a sextile to Saturn, then, could simply indicate Evilpixyscorp's anh her aunt's awareness of missing money issue.

The moon, as the question, is in its domicile (cancer) yet in detriment (8H), making perfect sense given that the question is about a detrimental matter. Also interesting that Cancer is the sign of "mother", and this is about Evilpixyscorp's grandmother. The moon recieves both Evilpixyscorp, as Mars, and her father, as Mercury, perhaps indicating a mutual concern in the issue. It antireceives Saturn, which I think is the money. Moon is separating from a trine to Mercury, suggesting something has just happened regarding her father and the cash. It's final aspect will be a square, to Evilpixyscorp's significator, Mars. Either way, Evilpixyscorp, be prepared for news that you may not enjoy. I don't know equactly what, but the issue is both more complex than anticipated and hidden, and it doesn't appear that you have much power to resolve it, or that you will much like the resolution.

Can't believe the essay I wrote to say that. Please remember that I am very new to horary and treat my interpretations accordingly :) I really think you can see much in this chart, though!

Last edited:

Draco

Hi Pix,

This is a very challenging chart, so I would like to have a go.

Robert is the fourth cusp which is at the beginning of Pisces, so he is Jupiter.

Jupiter is peregrine, having no essential dignity where he is, and having no mutual reception with another planet, so he drifts aimlessly and lacks standing. Physically, he is in the radical twelfth, a place of captivity and self-undoing, which added to his peregrine state describes him as feeling trapped and isolated. He approaches conjunction with the Ascendant, so he features heavily upon your own mind and this Ascendant is also his turned tenth, so he features also heavily upon his mothers.

Grandma is Mercury, and here she is also peregrine, so also wandering in a place in which she has no footing, and so both of them feel lost in terms of this situation. Mercury approaches conjunction with Jupiter, and although Mercury is in Jupiter's term, expressing Grandmas concern for Robert, also indicated by her application to conjoin him, Jupiter is in none of Mercury's dignities, suggesting that despite Grandma's concern for Robert, that he is rather indifferent toward her. Mercury, in Jupiter's term and applying to conjoin with Jupiter as observed, occurs within Grandma's turned third house, so this suggests an attempt of hers to communicate with him, make steps toward him, appeal to him, but his indifference makes this difficult, although he is very much aware of her, as he is in her turned tenth house (is he literally in her house?).

As for the money which is being given to Robert by his mother, then we look to Grandma's second, of her finances, and to Robert's eighth, of other people's resources, and see that both are represented by the tenth cusp, so Grandma's money that is given to Robert is represented by Venus. Venus is in it's domicile in Libra, so as the money is described as being strong, then I would imagine that it is a lot of money we are concerned with here, but the money is combust by the Sun, so we see that whatever is happening to this money, it is being burned up rather quickly, but we do not see what is burning this money up, because Leo, subject of the Sun, rules no cusp, so we must look elsewhere later on to see how this money is being spent.

Jupiter and Venus are mutually receptive by term, so he needs the money, he is bonded with it, there is a real need for this resource, but Jupiter is also in Venus' detriment, so at the same time, despite the fact that this money is depended upon Robert hates it, despises his need for it, suggesting that he would rather not have it but he is dependent upon it. The mother, Also in Venus' detriment also hates the money, so we can see how this cash causes much unease between the two. So what is it being spent upon?

Venus separates a harsh aspect from Luna in Cancer, which not only is a further description of how this money originates from his mother, but as Luna is the ruler of Robert's turned sixth, indicates how the need for this money originates in some sort of infirmity or disorder of Roberts. Venus' next aspect is a trine to Neptune, who rules altered states of conciousness and furthermore, is in Roberts twelfth house of bondage and attachment, so your speculations that Robert is spending this cash to fuel a drug addiction would seem to hold weight in the chart.

The ruler of the Robert's twelfth house of shackles and addiction is Saturn, which itself is natural significator of ties which cannot be broken and appears in his sixth of weakness and affliction. As Jupiter applies a close fixed square aspect to Saturn, then I imagine that a drug addiction is probably outlined here, but Saturn and Jupiter bear no recepetion, so obviously Robert and the addiction have no inclination toward each other, but as both planets are in Venus' terms, it is the money that bring them together, and indeed, make the bond possible between them in the first place. Saturn appears in Grandma's turned twelfth, so perhaps she knows nothing of this. Incidentally, Neptune which I described earlier, is in the domicile and exaltation of Saturn.

Admittedly my knowledge and deftness at interpreting charts is limited, but if I had to draw a conclusion I would suggest that Robert is not merely burning this money up, which he hates but yet needs, on minor drugs such as booze and weed, but upon something to which he is physically addicted and for which the money is a necessity in order to feed the addiction and settle his debts.

The Moon in Cancer is general significator of the situation at large, and as it is in Cancer, tells us about how this chart relates the theme of the concern of mother's and the need for nourishment, which if Robert is feeding a drug habit is what this is about.

Luna is waning, and separating from Mercury, showing perhaps how Grandma's ability to help Robert as his mother is in decline, she is losing her will to continue to nourish him in the way she is. Luna is in the radical eighth, always a baneful place, showing us loss and anxiety. Luna translates light from Mercury to Venus, so provides the link between the mother and the money, but as we have seen Luna's light is in decline, taking with it the mother's willingness to provide. Luna is upon the very degree of exaltation of Jupiter, and as natural significator of mother's, particularly in Cancer, Grandma does indeed love Robert very much, but there is only so much help she can give and her willingness to do so is in decline. The exaltation of Jupiter by Luna may tell us that there is yet high hopes for Robert, and perhaps his mother's increasing unwillingness to continue providing for him will be the best thing for him in the long run.

EvilPixyScorp

Sanem, Howl, Draco ~

Whoa!! Man I didn't expect all that. THANK YOU very much all
who took a crack at it.

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful....I STILL have no idea what he
would/has been using the money for...When I find out I'll update
to see which theory held up.

xoxox~
Pix