Saturn in cancer is termed as afflicted or just weak

Kathy

I wana know about saturn in cancer in natal chart this placement will make saturn afflicted or only weak (assuming no other aspects n planets in this sign) n moon is also not present in its sign .
Plz do reply?

astroinfinite

Saturn in Cancer sign with no aspects and no conjunctions. It is a good one. No problem.
You don't wish to reveal your inner intentions, inner world, personal events.
Public cannot know your mentality, passions unless you provide some clue.

In Astrology, sign signification (position) is the least signification of a planet like Saturn.

So, you have to study Saturn's all other significations.
Otherwise, we can not judge its true (entire) nature.

muchacho

I wana know about saturn in cancer in natal chart this placement will make saturn afflicted or only weak (assuming no other aspects n planets in this sign) n moon is also not present in its sign .
Plz do reply?
There are several sources for a planet's strength. Strength by sign (positional strength) is usually the biggest chunk though. Other sources of strength are strength by house position, strength by aspects etc.

IleneK

Premium Member
Plz do reply?

Within the confines of this information, only weak.

Afflicted is if one of the malefics is in bad aspect to another planet, the latter is afflicted by it.
Mars, Saturn, (or the South Node) can also afflict houses by their presence, particularly if they are poorly dignified and involved in difficult aspects. Planets that are usually considered benefics can also afflict, if they are in a damaged state or act as rulers of the houses that are traditionally considered unfortunate, ie: - 4th, 6th, 8th and 12th houses.
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/gl/afflicting.html