NEW (with my interpretation) - Change of career to psychology/counselling/psychiatry

unteruber

I guess that the earlier thread was moved due to the lack of input on part? So here it is -

Since MC is Aquarius, work which addresses humanitarian, progressive issues and not the mundane material work, hold the attraction. MC ruler , Uranus is in the 6th house (house of work, this might also mean to serve people?). Uranus related to cutting edge technology can be interpreted as neuroscience? Moon in 12th house and trine with Pluto, intense behind-the-scene work? Ascendant being in Gemini might indicate interest in intellectual work.

A friend has suggested that I should opt for singing/music as moon and venus both are in taurus (which according to him is one of the most musical sign), even though I have saturn in the 2nd house - which yields results with hard work in this case show business given that the chart has pluto in the 5th house.

What do you guys think?

-------------
I have been trained in Computer Sc and Maths, and was doing a PhD.

After spending some meandering years in limbo, I have found myself to be informally studying and being interested in psychology (I was quite interested in psychology even as a teenager). I have MC in Aquarius.

What's your opinion on the a suitable vocational calling given the natal configuration.

Thanks for your time and knowledge.

Last edited:

unteruber

Cafeastrology says following -

"Ruler of 10th house in 6th house

Your professional success is related to your ideas on service. No matter what profession you choose, it will be more gratifying for you if you feel that you are helping others. This astrological position favors professions linked to medicine, therapy or nutrition. If you do not have a career, you are likely to work in a company that provides some kind of service."

unteruber

and Cafeastrology says -

Ruler of the 1st House in the 11th House
You like to be on the same wavelength as others, and you tend to actively seek out similar, like-minded people to share times with. You are concerned about the welfare of others, and equality of people is an important concept in your life. People with this position are usually quite outgoing, sociable, and adventurous.

Ruler of the 2nd House in the 12th House
Your income is related to some kind of service in connection with healing and welfare, or helping the less fortunate.

bubuza_dulce

Hi, unteruber,

I meant to answer to you since you first posted but I thought someone more experienced than me will answer. So you should know I'm just learning astrology.

I find your question interesting because I also have second thoughts about studying psychology. I have a Moon in the 12th in an intercepted sign, the ruler of the MC in the 6th (I work in the medical field).

Since the ruler of your chart is Mercury, it would be good to choose something that involves thinking, analysing. I think you have some challenging aspects in your chart that could give you some hard times regardless of what you choose to do.

I would analyse that stressed Saturn in the 2nd that could give you some money troubles (but also being the apex of a t-square it could provide you the energy -the "stress"- to work with it and acquire some stable values/valuable things). I don't know which ruler of the 2nd to use but it could be the Moon in the 12th who could indicate working with people in suffering or Mercury - again, analysing.

You have two yods that require attention.A lot of illusions, idealising about finding a partner or about the business partners?

I think you should read about your NN to help you go in the direction you're supposed to. In Sag in the 7th - it could be working with people on a "one-on-one" basis, like in therapy or about business, politics, maybe in a foreign country. (Business with foreign people?). And Sag - about teaching them something.

I think that one of the most interesting things in this chart is Sun conjunct Chiron and in this house system they are also very close to the 12th.

You might have some deep wound connected to your ego. Chiron has some similarities with the Sag (the centaur) so if you ever succeed in healing yourself (or even if you don't but you've learned some valuable lessons) you should definitely pass on that knowledge and that healing.

But that is "when". I read somewhere that the "green" aspects in the chart are learning aspects - in this case the quincunxes. You might have learned a lot - and you have the opportunity to learn some more.

As a conclusion, astrologically, I am not sure what could be your "profession". You could definitely be a great psychologist someday provided you understand your aspects - Chiron conjunct Sun (also conjunct Mercury-a teacher, motivational speaker), Moon in the 12th in exaltation and Venus there too, in an intercepted sign -it could take a while to use it properly but you could be very interested in matters of Taurus/Scorpio (that includes psychology), 6th/12th, in aspect with Pluto and Neptune.

But since you have Taurus/Scorpio intercepted and that Saturn in the 2nd in detriment with those squares, whatever you do I would advise you to try to be financially stable and then study what you want. Your Mars is in the 10th and in Pisces making a nice aspect with the ruler of the MC in the 6th, I suppose that could also mean helping others. Good luck!:smile: