Lesbian aspects

dr. farr

I have occasionally experimented with this part (although using the formula ascendant+ VENUS-uranus for women), and, have not obtained very reliable indications from its applications (it is a "new" part, having been introduced in the mid 20th century)-however, I hasten to add that I have only made a few experiments with it, so my results with it are by no means certain.

dr. farr

In oldtime (ie Islamic transitional era) literature, Venus and its conditions, situations and configurations, was given as prime significator for lesbianism (that term exactly used in this connection by Abu Mashar, around 850 AD) Also mentioned in this connection by Thabit ibn Qurra (around that same period of time) When we add Uranus (from Modern astrology) to this, I think we have found the 2 primary generic significators for this state (state of being re to sexuality)...

One example of the above significators, currently available here on AW is the chart posted in the "Transgender" thread by member Mosnar199420: in that chart we find:

-Uranus (in the 8th whole sign house) squared by Venus (in detriment in Aries, in the 11th whole sign house)

-Moon flows toward Uranus (and is in exact trine with Neptune) applying to a trine with Uranus, at the same time seperating from a quincuncx with Venus: so, here is a Moon to Uranus/Venus connection (in this case the waxing Moon being posited in the sign of the Virgin) in addition to the Venus/Uranus connection.

Flapjacks

Uranus involved with one of the sexy planets can indicate sexuality that is unusual in some way, meaning as the mainstream society defines it. Since this changes across cultures and time periods, it's probably best not to read too much into Uranus aspects.

This is what I was thinking reading this thread. "Unusual" can manifest in many ways - and in astrology, there aren't any "this will be" but "this may be". Some consider that to mean it doesn't work, but really it's out of faith that people shape their destiny. I also find that astrology is more of a statistical type of science, like psychology and economics, because of a lack of complete information.

That said, I've seen charts of homosexual people with strong Uranus. I've come to the conclusion that this is describing their relationship to society and family rather than their sexual preference, where sexual preference can be the fuel.

greybeard

In the OP's chart we find:

1. Moon is lord of the horoscope.
She is exactly square the horizon. She squares the massive stellium (characterized by two partile clusters within 6 degrees of each other) in Capricorn, and square her own lord Mars -- exalted but under extreme duress, and in the sign of Moon's exile -- receiving Moon; but is this a favorable reception? Moon is not only lord of the horoscope, but is also singleton in the east. Apart from the massive square she beholds a cross-sign semisquare to the final dispositor of the chart, Saturn, within degree. There is also a sesquicuadrate, slightly weaker, to Pluto. Aries is not a good placement for Moon.

Apart from its more general indications as ruler of the Ascendant -- Moon in a female chart has much to say about the native's self-concept, and her attitudes toward the feminine role. The Moon in this chart is severely afflicted. Self-expression is heavily obstructed (the squares) and subject to friction and disruption, confusion (the octile minors). Moon, heavily afflicted as described above, stands in the house of the mother, as a singleton (very powerful influence and an area of major "interest" in the chart). Cancer rises, which may suggest "issues" with mother, family, nurture, security as prominent in the life.

If we take the "Moon" out of the realm of an astrogical term or symbol, and take the trouble to carefully analyze and interpret her significance through examination of all of the conditions (sign, house, rulership, aspects, etc) as outlined in the first paragraph, we will get a good description of what Moon really means, promises in this life. With Moon so heavily afflicted, is it likely that "Womanhood is troubled"? "Reading" the Moon in depth will show the how and why of this trouble.

2. Saturn is final dispositor of the chart.
Saturn, in the final analysis, is determinant of the life, its general tone and course. Apart from his cross-sign semisquare to Moon (which requires very careful study if we are to understand the implications of this aspect between the two most dominant planets in the chart), his only major aspect is the close square to Pluto. It is not my intention to interpret this chart, but I will mention that one characteristic of Saturn square Pluto can be "feelings of persecution" often caused by or concerning somehow "being on the outside". Pluto is in Scorpio, sign of sexuality, and is intercepted. Also note that Saturn is at the bending. I do not normally use (pay much attention to) the semisextile, but with the extreme combustion of Venus in the same degree as Saturn, and in his sign, it should definitely be considered as important. This combustion shows a total consumption of Venus by Sun (the conjunction falls outside Cazimi by only 4' of arc). This may imply "an all consuming self-love" [possible narcissistic tendencies]; the combustion occurs within 4 degrees of the cusp of the 8th of sexuality -- the cusp is in Aquarius, sign of the eccentriic, the unconventional.

The exceptional emphasis on Saturn's sign Capricorn shows an exceptional concern with propriety, convention, "proper" behavior. But the fierce (and troubled) partile conjunctions (a. Sun-Venus, and b. Neptune-Mars-Uranus & New Moon before birth) show trouble.

If we read a chart... I've given an idea of how, I hope... we will see our sexuality revealed. Looking to one or another specific indicator is helpful, provides detail, but does not complete the picture. By reading the chart as a whole (a lot of work, I agree) we can see the psychology of the individual and are then prepared to apply that knowledge of the psychology to any specific question, such as "Do I have tendencies toward lesbianism?" The answer to that question is contained within this chart.

What I will say is that her very natural inclinations toward spontaneity and open expression of the self is strongly repressed, constrained, blocked...producing high tension, even anger (which is held in and can produce physical problems such as migraine).

greybeard

In the OP's chart we find:

1. Moon is lord of the horoscope.
She is exactly square the horizon. She squares the massive stellium (characterized by two partile clusters within 6 degrees of each other) in Capricorn, and square her own lord Mars -- exalted but under extreme duress, and in the sign of Moon's exile -- receiving Moon; but is this a favorable reception? Moon is not only lord of the horoscope, but is also singleton in the east. Apart from the massive square she beholds a cross-sign semisquare to the final dispositor of the chart, Saturn, within degree. There is also a sesquicuadrate, slightly weaker, to Pluto. Aries is not a good placement for Moon.

Apart from its more general indications as ruler of the Ascendant -- Moon in a female chart has much to say about the native's self-concept, and her attitudes toward the feminine role. The Moon in this chart is severely afflicted. Self-expression is heavily obstructed (the squares) and subject to friction and disruption, confusion (the octile minors). Moon, heavily afflicted as described above, stands in the house of the mother, as a singleton (very powerful influence and an area of major "interest" in the chart). Cancer rises, which may suggest "issues" with mother, family, nurture, security as prominent in the life.

If we take the "Moon" out of the realm of an astrogical term or symbol, and take the trouble to carefully analyze and interpret her significance through examination of all of the conditions (sign, house, rulership, aspects, etc) as outlined in the first paragraph, we will get a good description of what Moon really means, promises in this life. With Moon so heavily afflicted, is it likely that "Womanhood is troubled"? "Reading" the Moon in depth will show the how and why of this trouble.

2. Saturn is final dispositor of the chart.
Saturn, in the final analysis, is determinant of the life, its general tone and course. Apart from his cross-sign semisquare to Moon (which requires very careful study if we are to understand the implications of this aspect between the two most dominant planets in the chart), his only major aspect is the close square to Pluto. It is not my intention to interpret this chart, but I will mention that one characteristic of Saturn square Pluto can be "feelings of persecution" often caused by or concerning somehow "being on the outside". Pluto is in Scorpio, sign of sexuality, and is intercepted. Also note that Saturn is at the bending. I do not normally use (pay much attention to) the semisextile, but with the extreme combustion of Venus in the same degree as Saturn, and in his sign, it should definitely be considered as important. This combustion shows a total consumption of Venus by Sun (the conjunction falls outside Cazimi by only 4' of arc). This may imply "an all consuming self-love" [possible narcissistic tendencies]; the combustion occurs within 4 degrees of the cusp of the 8th of sexuality -- the cusp is in Aquarius, sign of the eccentriic, the unconventional.

The exceptional emphasis on Saturn's sign Capricorn shows an exceptional concern with propriety, convention, "proper" behavior. But the fierce (and troubled) partile conjunctions (a. Sun-Venus, and b. Neptune-Mars-Uranus & New Moon before birth) show trouble.

If we read a chart... I've given an idea of how, I hope... we will see our sexuality revealed. Looking to one or another specific indicator is helpful, provides detail, but does not complete the picture. By reading the chart as a whole (a lot of work, I agree) we can see the psychology of the individual and are then prepared to apply that knowledge of the psychology to any specific question, such as "Do I have tendencies toward lesbianism?" The answer to that question is contained within this chart.

What I will say is that her very natural inclinations toward spontaneity and open expression of the self are strongly repressed, constrained, blocked...producing high tension, even anger (which is held in, often unrecognized, and can produce physical problems such as migraine).

Last edited:

waybread

So Mr. Greybeard, how would you define "the feminine role" and normative "womanhood"?

Change the definitions to be more in keeping with current concepts of gender, and you change the interpretation.

Changing times, mon, changing times.

iwatchthesunrise

Uranus involved with one of the sexy planets can indicate sexuality that is unusual in some way, meaning as the mainstream society defines it. Since this changes across cultures and time periods, it's probably best not to read too much into Uranus aspects.

I'm a bisexual female and I do have Uranus with a sexy planet!

I have my moon and venus in Gemini... I think Gemini is definitely a sign that could indicate some homosexuality, especially bisexual tendencies.

Also, my venus in Gemini squares mars in Virgo, which I think makes me even more flighty and wanting both sexes.

My jupiter in Libra trines my venus and moon. I guess that would make me more open-minded and equally accepting in love?

Pisces (Neptune) rules my 8th house. Apparently that has some sort of affect, but I'm not sure what exactly.

Last, but not least, mars in Virgo trines Uranus in Capricorn! That's indicative of my desire of unconventional ways to love.

I'm bi-sexual female.

Moon in 11th, moon opp Uranus
Mars trine Uranus & venus conj Uranus.
Venus conj Jupiter& Merc too.
Moon opp venus ( if a guy can't satisfy me in some way, I wanna go to a girl.)

SecretXo

I've heard Uranus aspects have to do with gay sexuality. Maybe to venus and it has to do with house placements. My aunt is gay and what confuses me is she has her North node in the 5th trine Jupiter in 9th. I thought that would be good for kids but she never had any. Her moon is in Pisces in 4th opposite Venus in 10th. Why do you ask about these aspects?

Here is her chart if you want to check out her aspects. I'm still learning.

Most known aspect for being a lesbian is Venus opposite Moon, your aunt has it.

Zora

Account Closed
well here is my natal chart and do you think there is any aspect that can be on a sort of a way connected with my sexuallity? :smile:

What happens in your life and affects you must also be shown and visible in your chart.

House of sexuality, creative sexual expression, sex for fun is 5th house. Your 5th house is ruled by venus- but included is scorpio with pluto as 2nd ruler or co-ruler - what can show a different sexual behaviour and desire what can be lived secretive.

Pluto in your 5th is strong and dominant placed in his own sign and in principle of intense and passionate energy in this area. Pluto squares saturn in aquarius- where saturn represents a non-respecting of conventional and standard norms and rules in connection with planets and aspects involved. And show a faible for partners from another and foreign culture and country.

Venus as main ruler of 5th house - sexuality is in exact 0° semisextile with saturn in aquarius. Your moon as your AC ruler is in semisquare with saturn and your sun being in exact "twin"-conjunct with your venus is in semisextile with saturn. Sun is ruler of your physical body house 2nd and 3rd. And the exact conj. with venus shows an inner conflict with own body and feeling well with own sexuality.

As well as mars "twin"conjuncting uranus does. Uranus rules genetic inheritance- where mercury as ruler of 4th house- (home of soul, emotional identification, childhood and your mother) is in - what could mean it already happened like this in your famliy and bloodline before like this (probably from your mother's side) . And was "hided" with neptune because of what people could think about about your family and because of fear to loose status and reputation in society- neptune rules 10th house.

Whatever is under surface for a while can come up and get activated by a transiting planet.

Last edited:

Zora

Account Closed
I've heard Uranus aspects have to do with gay sexuality. Maybe to venus and it has to do with house placements. My aunt is gay and what confuses me is she has her North node in the 5th trine Jupiter in 9th. I thought that would be good for kids but she never had any. Her moon is in Pisces in 4th opposite Venus in 10th. Why do you ask about these aspects?

Here is her chart if you want to check out her aspects. I'm still learning.

A whole sign chart I personaly do not feel good for looking into this matter.. As this is very individual and in my opinion is only shown by individual house cusps builded from individual accurate birthtime.

CapAquaPis

A Venus opposite Pluto, esp. in cases when Venus is in the 10th and in a sign like Aries, are high likelihoods of a Lesbian or Gay male, then there are links to different gender identities (I'm genderfluid and I have the Venus placement I described, although I'm biologically male and hetero or gynephile best suits me) and even some chances of developing sexual fetishes, which doesn't have to do with LGBTQ traits anyway.

Some signs in the zodiac are highly associated with the realm of Lesbianism or homosexuality, bisexuality, gender identity diversity and sometimes, sexual fetishism. Aquarius and Pisces are definitely, also the signs ruled by Mercury like Gemini and Virgo, aspects of Mercury and Uranus (modern) with the Sun and Moon, and looking at certain houses like 3rd, 6th, 9th and 12th, with the biggest results in 4th, 8th and 11th.

or1000

A Venus opposite Pluto, esp. in cases when Venus is in the 10th and in a sign like Aries, are high likelihoods of a Lesbian or Gay male, then there are links to different gender identities (I'm genderfluid and I have the Venus placement I described, although I'm biologically male and hetero or gynephile best suits me) and even some chances of developing sexual fetishes, which doesn't have to do with LGBTQ traits anyway.

Some signs in the zodiac are highly associated with the realm of Lesbianism or homosexuality, bisexuality, gender identity diversity and sometimes, sexual fetishism. Aquarius and Pisces are definitely, also the signs ruled by Mercury like Gemini and Virgo, aspects of Mercury and Uranus (modern) with the Sun and Moon, and looking at certain houses like 3rd, 6th, 9th and 12th, with the biggest results in 4th, 8th and 11th.

Really appreciate this post. Somebody I spoke to I wondered if she had a fetish or was genuinely into woman, or repressing it... She would happily sleep with different men but was very cautious about being intimate with a woman in terms of having feelings and being v attracted but very scared it seemed like... of falling for her?

CapAquaPis

The lot of homosexuality in astrology is based on a natal Uranus plus Saturn minus Mercury, 3 planets most associated with same sex attraction. Mine falls on 8' Gemini right in the Aquarian 11th and the sabian symbol is industrial workers organized in a strike. At my workplace, many coworkers I knew for years in the grocery store I work in knows about my autism, as well my genderfluidity and my feelings about the way the world can be for people of many minorities (racial/ethnic, sexual/gender and neurodiverse). Maybe I want to assist fellow LGBT coworkers who dealt with awful comments and slurs made about them over the years in the breakroom and at the store. Honestly, I don't really know any coworker who is Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender, but this is a trivial part of a person's life I don't dwell on anyway.

Blackempress

Hi,

the only pattern if there is one at all is Uranus in hard aspect to personal planets or personal planets in mutable signs. but there is no definite conclusion. just the same way a chart can't show race it also doesn't show which gender you are attracted to. and there has been extensive research in this already and still no conclusive indicator.

I read that Uranus Venus aspects, Mars-Uranus and Uranus-Moon aspects could indicate a bi-orientation or a non-traditional relationship. Moon-Mars is associated with lesbianism, possibly also Venus-Moon aspects.

Last edited:

Humanitarian

For me, it's about the asteroid 80 Sappho, since it indicates lesbic love, so these aspects are prominent in lesbians:
Sappho conjunct AC/MC
Sappho conjunct/square Venus
Sappho conjunct Part of Eros

JUPITERASC

For me, it's about the asteroid 80 Sappho, since it indicates lesbic love, so these aspects are prominent in lesbians:
Sappho conjunct AC/MC
Sappho conjunct/square Venus
Sappho conjunct Part of Eros

That's not an offense lol, because
I have to hide my interest of astrology from my father

because you said multiple times you are aged fourteen
keep the following in mind

"..Underaged members are advised to ask parental permission
to discuss sexual matters in this Forum
but this site cannot be held responsible if permission is not obtained.." :)

Last edited:

wan

I know that for straight men, we look at their Venus to see what kinds of women they like and for straight women, it's their Mars. But I am not too sure about gay people. Do we look at a lesbian's Mars or Venus to see her ideal partner?