Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 06-25-2019, 06:51 AM

Post What is a beginner's guide to reading tarot cards?

What is a beginner's guide to reading tarot cards?

Unread 06-25-2019, 01:21 PM

Re: What is a beginner's guide to reading tarot cards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraLara View Post

Tarot for Beginners: How to Do a Tarot Reading
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gynyaYnbviY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Unread 07-12-2019, 10:09 AM

Id say first get familiar with the cards. Read a lot ,watch readers on YouTube to get the feeling. Then simply use your intuition. It takes a lot of practice. When you get used to them , the cards will speak to you in a unique matter. You will form experience with every card. Also read for yourself to connect better with them. There really is no set way, you just need practice to get familiar.
Unread 07-12-2019, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraLara View Post
I'm not sure what knowledge base you have to draw from regarding tarot, so I'll give you a quick basic rundown. There are two segments or sections within the standard 78-card deck. It has 22 Major Arcana cards and 56 Minor Arcana cards. Within the 56 Minor Arcana, are 16 Court Cards. The Minor Arcana are further sectioned by suit: Wands (fire), Cups (water), Swords (air), Pentacles (earth). They are numbered Ace through 10 and then Page, Knight, Queen, King or some variation of that.

I'm a fan of Fortune's Wheelhouse, a free podcast online examining the esoteric symbolism of the Rider-Waite-Smith tarot deck and the Thoth tarot.
Fortune's Wheelhouse - Episode 00 - The Fool
If you're just introducing yourself to tarot, I'd say Aeclectic Tarot Forum has good resources on card meanings. It's closed down now, but it still has the card meanings and threads up if you want to take a look there.
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Meanings

Aeclectic Tarot Forum Homepage
If you want a pop introduction to tarot, you can look at the free resources on BiddyTarot, the website as well. I think Biddy tarot is a good place to start, because it's very accessible to someone beginning to read tarot. If you don't know anything about tarot, other than it's a deck of cards, she's a good resource to walk you through an introduction.
3-Card Biddy Tarot Spreads

Story Telling with Tarot - Biddy Tarot

Biddy Tarot Card Combos

Biddy Tarot Card Reversals

Last edited by moonkat235; 07-12-2019 at 03:30 PM. Reason: readability
Unread 07-12-2019, 03:37 PM

If the pop tarot website introduction from Biddy Tarot doesn't appeal to you, I'd suggest Benebell Wen. I'd say Benebell has a more informative and in-depth approach to the tarot. I find her really helpful, although I started with biddy tarot myself. I kind of wish I'd started with Benebell, personally. Here are their opinions on tarot, side by side so you can compare.
Benebell Wen - What is Tarot

Biddy Tarot - What is Tarot

Last edited by moonkat235; 07-12-2019 at 03:38 PM. Reason: readability

Tags
beginner, cards, guide, reading, tarot