Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Predictive Astrology > Transits

Transits Transits are the most used predictive astrology technique. This sub-board is dedicated to them.

Unread 10-29-2018, 12:19 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to New Moon Libra
Re: Transiting Pluto conjunct the Descendant

Does anyone here find there are good omens awaiting a conjunction of Saturn and Pluto on oneís descendant? Are all the changes ones of loss? Iíve never been one to feel either planet is bad. They bring change and I love change. However, in January 2020 Iíll have both conjunct each other right on my descendant. Both are ending a transit of my 6th which has been positive...changes to my fitness and daily grind have gone in a positive direction. I have more work, better habits, Iím stronger and healthier and I like that. But Iím getting fearful and thatís not like me. My mother lives with my family and me, and I worry this is the time Iíll lose her (sheís 80 in good health but frail) and my husband (good partnership but heís much younger than me and experiencing midlife) or something terrible with my children (both in high school then). Perhaps the only thing I have to fear with Pluto is fear itself? LOL I can mark giant life changes every time Uranus crossed an angle in my chart, but Pluto crossed only one before when I was a baby. I really donít know what to expect.

Unread 10-31-2018, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillOne View Post
I've had transiting Pluto conjunct my Descendant for about a year. It's been intense. I've actually had numerous intense outer planet transits the last few years and there looks to be no shortage of them on the horizon as well.

During this transit my grandfather has passed, my father was hospitalized for a month in icu, and I have had years of health concerns as Pluto made it's way through the 6th culminating with Pluto conjucting the Descendant.

Now that Pluto is starting in the 7th house, all of the foretold events are coming to pass regarding my relationships. They are transforming heavily and there's quite a bit of intensity surrounding the transformation. It's involving the closest people to me. My partnerships. They are simply not working as they used to. I am yearning for deeper connection and my current relationships cannot offer that to me. So there's been quite a bit of mostly internal drama regarding this but I'm sure the people close to me sense this.

*Does anyone want to share any experiences or insight regarding Pluto conjunct the Descendant or Pluto transiting the 7th?

(Interesting to note the upcoming Prog Moon opposing Natal Saturn while Transiting Saturn opposes Natal Moon!)

Thank you!

S1

Hi! I've frequented this thread for the last couple of yrs as Pluto has been straddling over my DC. Tried to prepare, but know that's impossible.. My experience in this matter concerns my marriage. Have started a few threads earlier about all the strange things that happened between us, in what originally was the perfect marriage..

In short: husband through almost 20 yrs is suddenly "detached" from me, locks me out, spends a lot of time outside the house, starts excercising a lot w new colleagues in new job (including a woman whom i immediately got some bad vibes from).. (He had pluto conj moon and trine sun at the time). well- the relationship transformed before my eyes. From being warm, affectionate, close, it became the opposite. I tried to hold him back, was so scared to lose him, desperate, and...lonely (i had pluto iconj sun also, part of the time). Well, I brought us to counseling (classical pluto DC-stuff), didn't help much. I saw a therapist myself for a yr and a half... But the one really needing one was him. I had to "grow up" quickly, stand alone, felt he abandoned me, and it almost felt like heartbreak and divorce although it really wasn't. But it was almost worse, living with someone you didn't really recognize.

Was the worst two years of my life. Now i am in the last month of Pluto conj dc- and when things have started to become better, when he gradually for while has been getting closer again--- when you think you've been at the bottom, Pluto sends you further down: I just discovered that there WAS a flirt with him and the colleague 2 yrs ago. Old messages between them suddenly showed up now, as destiny didn't want med to see them before i was strong enough to stand alone? These messages was painful as hell, it was obvious that they were not simply friends.. I don't know what happens to us, but i am still in shock after having read them -and after having been lied to for so long (I asked frequently at the time, as I just KNEW there was sth fishy going on). This is not the stable man i've known for this many years.. He regrets as hell- had neptune sq mars when this happened too.. I desperately wanted a Close relationship during this period. And now- when all the Cards are on the table- he seeks to me like never before and begs me not to leave him, closer- but a little too late. And oh- Power struggles is the keywords for this Whole period. in retrospect he blames the Power struggles for turning away..

Well, that's my story, my marriage changed, and i transformed with it... don't know if it was for the best. I did get stronger, but it hurt like nothing else, and the perfect marriage is no longer the one I knew... As for other close relationships they have pretty much stayed the same. I have come closer with some of my friends, as I have needed them badly thru all this **** at home.

Pluto sits in my 5th house in the natal btw, in Libra. And only have "benevolent" pluto-aspects in the natal chart..

-June

Last edited by northernstar; 11-01-2018 at 08:55 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to northernstar For This Useful Post:
Emeraldstar99 (11-20-2018), StillOne (01-16-2019)
Unread 11-26-2018, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Moon Libra View Post
Does anyone here find there are good omens awaiting a conjunction of Saturn and Pluto on oneís descendant? Are all the changes ones of loss? Iíve never been one to feel either planet is bad. They bring change and I love change. However, in January 2020 Iíll have both conjunct each other right on my descendant. Both are ending a transit of my 6th which has been positive...changes to my fitness and daily grind have gone in a positive direction. I have more work, better habits, Iím stronger and healthier and I like that. But Iím getting fearful and thatís not like me. My mother lives with my family and me, and I worry this is the time Iíll lose her (sheís 80 in good health but frail) and my husband (good partnership but heís much younger than me and experiencing midlife) or something terrible with my children (both in high school then). Perhaps the only thing I have to fear with Pluto is fear itself? LOL I can mark giant life changes every time Uranus crossed an angle in my chart, but Pluto crossed only one before when I was a baby. I really donít know what to expect.
Hi New Moon Libra, We must have the same Asc, 24 degrees Cancer, as I am expecting Pluto and Saturn, and then Jupiter all on my descendant at the beginning of 2020. I am also fearful! My Mother is 92 and so does this mean she will die then? I am not married or even in a relationship so how will that work out? Will a relationship with a powerful man come my way? Do I want a new relationship at my age as I don't enjoy compromise! Last time I had Saturn conjunct my descendant the relationship I was in at the time ended on the exact day it was conjunct! Like you my experience of Pluto in my sixth house has been mostly positive. I went from owning no pets to owning two dogs and a horse - on whom I compete in Endurance riding. My health had a minor breakdown as a gut problem became impossible to ignore, but now I have got that under control. I changed my career to a Pilates instructor and now help people reconstruct their bodies. So let's hope that Pluto in the 7th house will turn out to be as positive in it's outcome.
Unread 11-27-2018, 11:49 AM

Yes, same overlay to the degree. 10/06/1964 12:29AM CST. How interesting that you became a Pilates instructor. I hadnít connected what Pluto was doing at the time. While itís been in my 6H, I left my career as a programmer and certified and opened my own business as a personal trainer. But I had progressed Moon on my ASC, Uranus conj MC and my sun changed signs to Sag, so those are the things I saw.

You have me looking back at Saturn now. I can mark dramatic life changes when Uranus hit my angles but not so much Saturn.

Iím not one to believe transits are ever ďbadĒ, even Pluto LOL, but the change it forecasts is troublingóand change has never really troubled me before.

So weíll have to wait and see. It will be interesting, especially because now I see Chiron will be going over my MC at the same time. Hmm...
Unread 11-27-2018, 03:29 PM

New Moon Libra, I was a web designer/developer before I trained as a Pilates instructor! There's a coincidence! I see from your chart that you will have Pluto, Saturn and Jupiter trine natal Jupiter as they conjunct your Descendant. My Descendant is trine my Sun in Taurus, and sextile my MC, so perhaps such beneficial contacts will alleviate things.
I have found Saturn's influence to be exact to the degree...which is what you would expect of Saturn!!!
Unread 12-01-2018, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsewoman View Post
New Moon Libra, I was a web designer/developer before I trained as a Pilates instructor! There's a coincidence! I see from your chart that you will have Pluto, Saturn and Jupiter trine natal Jupiter as they conjunct your Descendant. My Descendant is trine my Sun in Taurus, and sextile my MC, so perhaps such beneficial contacts will alleviate things.
I have found Saturn's influence to be exact to the degree...which is what you would expect of Saturn!!!

Haha! I have a 22 degree Cancer Rising and Cap Descendant!! Of course Iíve gone looking around for this subject.

Whole Pluto has been in my 6 I also have developed a new way of eating and lost bunches of weight and also have just been exploring career, leaning into professional astrology.

I am in a relationship of 3 years and we are getting ready to buy a home together - having natal Pluto/Saturn in scorpio in the 7th and Uranus opposing Pluto is extremely intimidating looking ahead. Trying to be positive. Maybe Iíll help my partner become Rich hahah or maybe we will start a business together. Doing my best to avoid the doom and gloom!!
Unread 12-02-2018, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcstaticAstrology View Post
Haha! I have a 22 degree Cancer Rising and Cap Descendant!! Of course Iíve gone looking around for this subject.

Whole Pluto has been in my 6 I also have developed a new way of eating and lost bunches of weight and also have just been exploring career, leaning into professional astrology.

I am in a relationship of 3 years and we are getting ready to buy a home together - having natal Pluto/Saturn in scorpio in the 7th and Uranus opposing Pluto is extremely intimidating looking ahead. Trying to be positive. Maybe Iíll help my partner become Rich hahah or maybe we will start a business together. Doing my best to avoid the doom and gloom!!
Itís nice to see that Pluto transits can be so constructive, not just destructive. And ďhelp my partner become richĒ is such an awesome way to think of P transiting the DESC! LOL
Unread 01-11-2019, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Is you Ascendant in Cancer in 22 degrees?
Unread 01-11-2019, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldstar99 View Post
Is you Ascendant in Cancer in 22 degrees?
Ascendant is 24 Cancer.

Hereís an update as Pluto is approaching and some might call it within orb. Pluto rules my 5th house (Scorpio) and is in Virgo in my 3rd house natally. Iím having some developing issues with my oldest child (15 years old). I can see these being power/control based as with most teens, but on the other hand we are still close and he shares a lot with me. But this got me thinking that though P hitting the descendant has a partnership emphasis, could it manifest instead with respect to its place in my chart: children and siblings?
Unread 01-16-2019, 02:58 PM

Yes, that could certainly be part of the Plutonian influence/transformation. My descendant is 13 degrees Cap, and I definitely felt the coming influence when it was within the orb you now have. A relationship with someone I thought was the love of my life began to unravel, and it was, up until that point, the most painful experience I'd ever been through. Little did I know. When Pluto was on my descendant, my grandmother died, which brought my cousin and I even closer, which I didn't think was possible because we were already super tight. I'd also had a dream foretelling my grandmother's death. My cousin and I took care of our grandmother during the last week of her life, and that changed me in ways I couldn't have even seen then. Six months later, I had the same dream about my cousin that I'd had about my grandmother. Six months after that, my cousin received a terrible health diagnosis. This was an unimaginable loss. I felt like I was losing my left arm. By the time she passed away, Pluto was at 19 degrees Cap and inching up on my 22 degree Venus in Cap. She has two young children and now they are a central priority in my life (Scorpio also rules my 5th house at least in Equal house).

It's funny because knowing about astrology, before Pluto was conjunct descendant, I was terrified of what might happen during this particular transit. None of what I found online sounded remotely OK. Pluto definitely razed the way this Cancer rising did relationships (and with Saturn now on my descendant, it's time to be crystal clear about my changed needs/desires in one-on-one relating) Weirdly, I feel lighter and healthier now than I have ever felt, and yes, I did go through hell to get here. The time I had with my cousin, including during her illness, is beyond precious to me. A horrible tragedy, which I grieve daily, but one that changed me in some ways for the better. Pluto all the way.

Looking back, that romantic relationship ending felt like a death. At the time, it felt like the worst thing, but it also made me become very in touch with my intuitive abilities, more than I'd ever been. At one point during exact conjunction, I had an epiphany: not everyone walks around with this much minute-to-minute intensity. While it was hard to handle at times, it was also a mystical corridor that I see brought many gifts, not only on the other side, but during.

The standard Pluto advice of face whatever's coming up and "show no fear" helped at times. For me, Pluto is all about peeling back the layers, the freedom to excavate as deeply as possible. I have Pluto in my 4th natally so this lesson changed me in ways I'm still learning about. Also, Caroline Casey's Making the Gods Work for You has an incredible Pluto chapter. I love the whole book, but that chapter was by far the most resonant. She includes a Rumi poem about the chick pea boiling in hot water, and wow, does that speak to Plutonian transformation. Surrender is truly the only way, and man, was it hard for me to get to that place. Much easier to look back and understand why it was necessary.

I'm not sure if any of this is helpful to you, but one thing I wish I got before all this happened: I could not have scripted/expected any of these major changes, especially with regards to my cousin and her children. An astrologer once told me that if I had children, they would always live very close to me, if not with me. I realized he was saying that because the ruler of my 5th is in my 4th. It sounded ominous, but now I realize that the manifestation of that (ruler of 5th in 4th) is the profound responsibility I have to my cousin's children. They're not my children, but they are absolutely of my heart. Using words to describe the connection I feel would be inadequate. I think that's another hallmark of the Pluto influence--beyond words.

Wishing you all the best.

Last edited by dennice; 01-16-2019 at 03:01 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dennice For This Useful Post:
Fz hb (01-31-2019)
Unread 01-16-2019, 06:51 PM

I will have this one exact in February 15th. I lost every single relationship I had, friends and broke up with someone I liked. Now I have 2 people, but I feel inconstancy of them. I am expecting everybody to turn their back when I am needing most or create enmnity. I'm realizing I can't trust my mother and sister at all, they always had this pattern: became violent and cruel when not meeting their needs, when I do they are indifferent, when I need them they turn their backs at me, manipulate me, keeping secrets from me and having each other backs. Don't expect people to understand your experience, they will blame you for everything. And my fool self would be thinking that was alright going through that.. but not now, not beig filled with hate, but ready to cut to codependent ties from people who drain my will to live. I am close to become independent of anyone. I am not afraid of gettig sad. I got a tough skin for whatever It comes my way. I need to assert myself, I feared people for so long, whatever It takes, I am ready!

Last edited by Emeraldstar99; 01-16-2019 at 06:55 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Emeraldstar99 For This Useful Post:
GemwDepth (01-18-2019)
Unread 01-20-2019, 10:10 AM

Dennice, thank you for your insight. So much to consider in what you shared: not being able to predict the changes, needing to let go, how Pluto evolves you and makes you stronger. I want to stay out of the dark places, accept the changes, and here may be the ultimate test for me. Reason is saying all these things to me, but I know I cannot decide how to feel, and despite efforts to remain phlegmatic, Iím experiencing moments of anxiety that seem to have no cause. Iím not anxious by nature but something is certainly shifting.

You mention you have Pluto in your 4th. Iím so curious about your experience of Pluto there. My son has Pluto conjunct Venus in his 4th. Also Mercury and Chiron in 4th with Mars on the Nadir in the 3rd. Everywhere Iíve read P in 4th suggests abuse or neglect in the home. This horrifies me, and I hope to find an alternate meaning somewhere rather than discover at some point that something terrible happened I wasnít aware of.

I will check out Caseyís book!

Last edited by New Moon Libra; 01-20-2019 at 10:18 AM.
Unread 01-20-2019, 10:16 AM

Emeraldstar99 you definitely sound like youíre going through a Plutonian event. The effects sound monstrous, but I hear the evolution, too. Stronger, more assertive, standing up for yourself. Itís a shame carbon has to get crushed to become a diamond.
Unread 01-31-2019, 05:30 PM

Pluto and saturn will conjunct my descendant in a year. At the same time pluto will also begin to square natal pluto loosely (10 degrees). the two planets have done quiet a damage during their transit through my sixth house so I am scarred of what the conjunction to descendant and square to natal pluto will bring. Been following this thread for last two years to see what others here have experienced.
Unread 04-25-2019, 03:18 PM

Thank you all for your posts, this is a fascinating thread.

My DC is at 22 degrees capricorn with Pluto ruling my 5th and in my natal 4th. So far I have experienced a miscarriage at the end of January when Pluto was 1 degree away from my DC, and the long-term relationship I was in broke down 1 month ago when I discovered my partner was chatting up another woman behind my back.

The two losses one after the other are difficult but I am coping well and I am discovering that I have resources I didn't know I had. I am also seeing that the collapse of my relationship is probably for the best. In short, the lessons that Pluto are sending me are tough ones but they are forcing me to review my life and my choices. He is making me wiser and also more spiritual.

I have a couple of questions though:

1. how are you dealing with Pluto retro on the DC? What are/were your experiences of it? Is it about an internal integration of Pluto's lessons?

2. How have you experienced Pluto's 3d hit on your DC? I have read somewhere that it was somewhat easier and more of a 'gift'?

Would love to have your thoughts!
The Following User Says Thank You to heloise For This Useful Post:
StillOne (05-03-2019)
Unread 04-25-2019, 08:03 PM

Quote:

You mention you have Pluto in your 4th. Iím so curious about your experience of Pluto there. My son has Pluto conjunct Venus in his 4th. Also Mercury and Chiron in 4th with Mars on the Nadir in the 3rd. Everywhere Iíve read P in 4th suggests abuse or neglect in the home. This horrifies me, and I hope to find an alternate meaning somewhere rather than discover at some point that something terrible happened I wasnít aware of.
Hello New Moon Libra,

To answer your question I have Pluto in the 4th (in Libra) and had a stable happy childhood with loving parents who never once laid a finger on me
My father had a strong presence and personality though and he could be quite 'bossy'. That said the general atmosphere at home was loving, kind and supportive.

We did move countries when I was 6 though and had to start from scratch... that could be quite plutonian.
Unread 05-02-2019, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heloise View Post
Hello New Moon Libra,

To answer your question I have Pluto in the 4th (in Libra) and had a stable happy childhood with loving parents who never once laid a finger on me
My father had a strong presence and personality though and he could be quite 'bossy'. That said the general atmosphere at home was loving, kind and supportive.

We did move countries when I was 6 though and had to start from scratch... that could be quite plutonian.
Iím so grateful that you shared this. My child is now 16 and things are going well, but I just canít get over all the astrologers I run across who repeat the abuse and neglect expectations with Pluto!
Unread 05-02-2019, 12:41 PM

In further research, I took to examine my familyís charts for this Pluto transit. If big changes are coming for me, they would also likely show in my partner and kidsí charts.

My husband had Pluto cross his IC a few years ago. Currently he has Pluto in his 4H in a grand cross: opposite moon in his 10H, T-square Uranus in 1H and Chiron in 7H. And he is having his Chiron opposition. Whoa nelly! A lot is happening at his job of 22 years. He didnít get a promotion for which he is highly qualified. The position was handed off as a 1- year acting position to a transfer who didnít interview, is REALLY not qualified, but is highly political. My husband is trying to manage his resentment fir his new boss while working to play politics better. He is considering leaving but there is another position opening up, and heís working toward that. My two kids have Pluto making an impact in 5 years: one will have Pluto conjunct his sun while it goes over the descendant opposite ascendant of the other. My mother has Pluto on her sun in her 4H now. Sheís 80 and is in good health but herself suddenly dealing with a great amount of resentment and anger toward her birth family and my sisters, who have treated her badly.

Pluto is within orb of my descendant (24 cap) and will be impacting most next year. Pluto is in my 3H natally and rules my 5H. What does all this tell me? For sure Plutoís telling us all that changes are coming and itís making us angry. LOL. Iím thinking Iíll likely experience the greatest changes in my life through my husbandís job change (higher status or a move) that changes our relationship and/or possibly through something my estranged siblings do. In 5 years, my children will be hit with something big, but theyíll be in their early 20s, so it may be part of the shift from school to professional life and just adulting.

I donít see Pluto as dire exactly. I can look back and see the way it carved strength into me at times. I can also clearly see how it focuses my life as it travels through the houses. The last 10+ years in my 6H in Sag have been about health a fitness and I researched, lost a lot of weight, changed nutrition, and established a personal training business. Before that in 5H in Scorp my life revolved around my art and I published erotic stories and a novel. Iím heading into a period when personal relationships will likely be the focus of my life. At 55 years old, that seems right ó my own philosophy has been evolving that way already. The most important thing to me is other people, particularly my family and knowing and loving each of them as the people they are becoming.

Last edited by New Moon Libra; 05-02-2019 at 12:49 PM.
Unread 05-02-2019, 11:29 PM

I gave birth to children during Pluto transit to the DSC ... and my mother died at the same time.
Unread 06-23-2019, 12:38 PM

I went into a loveless business-like marriage in April 2014 when Pluto transited my DSC in Capricorn.
Unread 07-13-2019, 12:01 PM

When I joined this thread months ago, I had taken only a cursory look at other family membersí charts. Since then, I discovered my husbandís is truly being overwhelmed by this transit. Events have bore this out.

He has Moon 22 Cancer 10H, Uranus 23 Libra 1H, Chiron 23 Aries 7H, and transiting Pluto/Saturn in his 4H having just passed over his Nadir last year. In January, transiting Pluto and Saturn conjunct in very near exact grand cross that includes Moon, Uranus, and Chiron. They have been within a few degrees orb for this past year.

My husband has been in his job for 22 years. His responsibilities have grown around him, so he has advanced to a fairly high but still middle management position in a hospital IT setting. He had two opportunities for promotions in a place and at a level that sees very little turnover. Both interview processes were exhaustive and exhausting and ultimately humiliating. Heís been candid that promotion is about ego and validation. He feels heís become the scapegoat for the departmentís bad reputation developed over the years under the last director who didnít play the political game well.

His job is not immediately in jeopardy, but itís been downsized, so weíre concerned. Now heís looking at leaving but not enthusiastically. Heís a new moon cancer, so you can imagine heís not one for change. I doubt he will ever leave on his own. I fear heíll swallow his pride, seethe inside, and make himself seriously ill. Or heíll hang on desperately and be laid off eventually. But heís on a path driven by that midlife ďlast chanceĒ mindset. Iím older and lived through mine already. Itís not something I can help him with, except to sit in the sideline and wait for the ultimate outcome. He supports our family with his income...mine is quite small.

The last six months have been this terribly humbling process for him and just fumbling for me trying to help in some way, and it doesnít even culminate until January. I canít imagine how much more difficult it can get, except something truly tragic. My descendant is 24 Capricorn, so it seems to me that my transit indicates the impact will bear the outcome of his. My mind is going places Iíd rather it didnít: financial ruin, deadly illness, a family loss? What a ride...

Last edited by New Moon Libra; 07-13-2019 at 12:10 PM.
Unread 07-26-2019, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillOne View Post
I've had transiting Pluto conjunct my Descendant for about a year. It's been intense. I've actually had numerous intense outer planet transits the last few years and there looks to be no shortage of them on the horizon as well.

During this transit my grandfather has passed, my father was hospitalized for a month in icu, and I have had years of health concerns as Pluto made it's way through the 6th culminating with Pluto conjucting the Descendant.

Now that Pluto is starting in the 7th house, all of the foretold events are coming to pass regarding my relationships. They are transforming heavily and there's quite a bit of intensity surrounding the transformation. It's involving the closest people to me. My partnerships. They are simply not working as they used to. I am yearning for deeper connection and my current relationships cannot offer that to me. So there's been quite a bit of mostly internal drama regarding this but I'm sure the people close to me sense this.

*Does anyone want to share any experiences or insight regarding Pluto conjunct the Descendant or Pluto transiting the 7th?

(Interesting to note the upcoming Prog Moon opposing Natal Saturn while Transiting Saturn opposes Natal Moon!)

Thank you!

S1
Same transit here, foundations of long established relationships being shaken up, am trying not to decide hastily on anything, get the feeling that I could regret knee jerk reactions. Very tricky.

Tags
conjunct, descendant, pluto, transiting