feel like my seventh house does not describe me!

Hello all, thanks for these boards! As I'm learning astrology and about myself I feel that my seventh house does not describe me at all! I have been lately figuring out my needs/wants within love and I do not feel the strong Jupter/Sag influence I have. My seventh house, venus, the chracteristics saturn 7th & uranus 7th does not feel like me at all.

I'm attracted to foreigners at most but all my other chracteristics are more like water signs. The Sagittarius/Aries type man is not what I'm attracted too! Interesting to note all the men I have been interested in have had bvery strong Taurus placements& water sighns (esp pisces). hmm I need and want intense bonding, emotion, and commitment, passion and romance (like my moon in Scorpio- I feel is the most accurate desciption of me in my chart when it come to love) I just dont take matters of the hear lightly. I'm def. not a wanderer like the Sag. Now..I suppose before I underwent this "transformation" to realizing my actual needs I subconsciously gave off a vibe of carelessness on one hand or on the other end to much aggressiveness (Mars in Aries combined with the tactless Venus in Sag) I do not want to project the very 7th house things I do not like about Sag onto my love life! Any idea on what is going on?! I have a strong feeling of what I want at this point in life but it seems to contradict my chart hmmm I have attached my chart

Attachments

• astro_245gwgw_01_s_q_2010630_he_70575_25645.gif
    astro_245gwgw_01_s_q_2010630_he_70575_25645.gif
    50.3 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Yours may be a complex task to dissect having planets in 7th like yours. Remember that this is the house of 'others' you can own these planets energies or your 'signifcant other' will. What you want and need can be irrelevant, it's what you attract that counts.

When looking at a female chart is her sun and mars signs 'traits' that she would look for in a man, then the aspects these two planets have, then planets in 7th house and then house cusp ruler

Sun squ moon has difficulties in expressing emotions, and/or are at odds with the pride, ego and basic values/drives. Sun is also square pluto, making you an untypical Aquarian, more like dogmatic Scorpio, plus having sun in 8th house of scorpio adds to this flavour.....

Next mars is in Aries, very direct and to the point, highly sexed, impatient, impulsive and wants action BUT it's square to Neptune in 7th and you could attract liars or victim/saviour type relationships and relationships that require YOU to make sacrifices for THE relationship. Sound familiar??

When you say Saggi, Aries you are simply looking at the 'house cusp ruler' and planets in the house take precedent firstly.....

The house cusp 'sets the stage' like a play BUT the planets are the actors and take centre stage. The Saggi is the background, stage setting, then look to Jupiter by sign and house and aspects.

So I hope you see by this detailed explanation, it's not quite SOooo simple as looking at your Sun, mars and Saggi/Aries types or energies.

Uranus in 7th is a divorce aspect, if not you then your partner will want lots of freedom within a relationship.

Venus conj Saturn suggests attraction to older men, men of ambition, status and acheivements and you may well 'push' them to acheive to. Saturn may well cause a delay in commitment and venus suggests a cautious and reserved affectional nature. You may always feel that you have to 'give out' twice as much love as that you receive back :love:

Thanks for the reply. Maybe off topic but I always thought that when you know your needs/wants only then will you attract the right kind of partner for you (the universal law line of thinking)...which makes me wonder about astrology vs fate vs free will hmmm you attract what you are

...so should I look for independant, older, not that emotional wanderer type men? but again I dont want that lol ahhh...also i thought i had sun/mercury in 9th house (800 horoscope) hmm

waybread

successfulone, I don't know what is your knowledge of the signs of the zodiac. There is the popular level, then there is a more serious level. Sagittarius is interested in expanding its horizons in some way. These might be literal horizons, as in the case of overseas travel; but they can also be mental horizons such as developing a personal philosophy, religion, or higher education.

With Sagittarius on the cusp of your 7th house, Jupiter rules your 2nd house. Yet Jupiter or Mars square all of your 7th house planets, suggesting that Sagittarius is not a comfortable energy for you.

With your moon conjunct Pluto in Scorpio, you feel things very deeply, so it may be that you crave emotional closeness.

In terms of an ideal BF for you, synastry is a lot more complex, and requires matching up planetary pairs when you compare your chart with someone else's; or analysing a composite chart. It is not hard to learn, so you might find it rewarding to study.

Thanks for the reply. Maybe off topic but I always thought that when you know your needs/wants only then will you attract the right kind of partner for you (the universal law line of thinking)...which makes me wonder about astrology vs fate vs free will hmmm you attract what you are

...so should I look for independant, older, not that emotional wanderer type men? but again I dont want that lol ahhh...also i thought i had sun/mercury in 9th house (800 horoscope) hmm

Mercury is conj 9th house cusp and is said to be more effective in that house, cos it's within 5' of house cusp
Planets conjunct a house cusp
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=202304&postcount=7
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=205033#post205033

What--- you're moaning that Jupiter which is better placed for work/career AND Angular therefore 'visible' whereas in the 9th it's Cadent and hidden? are you mad?

Houses: angular houses 1/7 4/10 the energies of planets placed here are obvious cos it's your 'shop window' visible for everyone to see. Next the succeedent houses 2/8 & 5/11 the energies in these houses are not in shop window the are in the shop, but stood behind the counter, ready to come out when needed. Lastly, cadent houses 6/12 & 3/9 these houses/planets are not in shop window or stood behind the counter, they are in the back storeroom and only come out when 'triggered' or an emergency and much harder to recognise and access...

The houses are like the backdrop of a stage, the setting if you like, the planets are like actors and the aspects are how the planets behave in that settings/stage....

“The angles of the chart are the strongest, most potent sectors. In most house systems these mark the beginnings of the first, tenth, seventh and fourth houses, in order of potency. Any planet in conjunction with an angle will have a marked influence that resonates throughout the chart and greatly colours its overall meaning. Planets located in the angles of the chart are the strongest and most significant. Because of their primary importance, the angles are often referred to as the cardinal points and they relate directly to the cardinal directions east, south, west and north.”
http://www.astrologycom.com/houses.html

“The eleventh, second, eighth and fifth houses are called succedent ("following" the angles), while the third, twelfth, ninth and sixth are termed cadent ("falling away" from the angles). The succedents are next in strength. Planets in succedent houses function at around 50% of their power, based on the strength of an angular placement, which is the most potent. The cadent houses are traditionally held to be poor and of little efficacy. According to traditional astrology, planets in cadent houses only function at 25% of their power, compared with a position in one of the angles of the chart. The succedent houses follow the angles; the cadent houses come after the succedents.”
http://www.astrologycom.com/houses.html

Planets in the 7th are the energies your 'project' and may not be aware of espec if you are a newcomer to astrology...

Also your quincunx to pluto from mars is suspect as it 'may' attract threatening situations to you, from friends (11th) or lovers (5th)

Mars Quincunx (Inconjunct) Pluto
"You suffer by having a picture of just what needs to be done and how it is to be accomplished. This can cause you to be controlling and argumentative. When you feel the weight of the responsibilities that you have taken on or when you feel lonely and isolated, then, you are ripe for personal growth. Your desire, manner of expression, and the way you use energy will have to be changed - to be less compulsive, less forceful, so you are able to achieve greater accomplishment and more personal happiness."
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/quincunxinterpretations.html

Last edited:

joyrjw

Hi Successfulone,:happy:

Like yourself I have venus(mine's in capricorn)conjunct 7th house cusp/descendant in sagittarius. It seems to make me want to be a peace keeper in relationships. I hate arguments and conflict and I'll tend to apologize or give in first even if I'm the one who's right.
Am I on the right track?
I have a scorpio sun(stellium in 5th house) and a virgo moon. So there's a some difference there,but maybe I can hopefully help anyway. I don't do well with directly sagittarian type people they seem to be a mix.
I feel like I need be with someone who is unique,sensitive,caring, and who wants to "live" life not someone who just wants to exist.Someone who can be creative and deep and passionate =D Someone who knows the difference between being responsible and still nurture the inner child.
I also enjoy being with someone who is intelligent and someone who likes to travel. Also, there seems to be some plutonian traits mixed in.

I seem to attract men who are creative,quirky,some show there serious/angry side after a while or they show there angry side first and then later it's the softer side,they generally were the geek or outcast in school,genius level and tempermental.

What about you?

I hope this helps you in some way. =D

Claire19

YOur 7th house is really loaded and complex. THe ruler is important and where it is placed. For attraction and lovers I would look at the 5th house first. You will attract intensity in love and must watch for obsession and manipulation and jealousy. This is a classic chart for legal career and/or foreign or travel matters. You can meet someone who travels a lot or when you are travelling. There will be disruptions and you must watch for false promises and over expectations with partneship matters. You may hook up with an older person for financial and security reasons
again be careful of delusion and deception especially with legal matters and make sure you are aware of all the facts of a situation. As an Aquarian you need a certain amount of freedom and dont really like to be tied down. Unconventional arrangements may suit you best.
You will have ups and downs and it certainly wont be boring.........that would be death to you......

Last edited: