Identity and utilize midpoint in bundle

kris10

I trying to find information on bundle/wedges and don't see much, or as much as other chart shapes.
I recently read about midpoints. In the chart pictured would you say the midpoint is Mercury and the stellium with which it is contained or mercury alone?

Attachments

• Natal.jpg
    Natal.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 37

greybeard

I trying to find information on bundle/wedges and don't see much, or as much as other chart shapes.
I recently read about midpoints. In the chart pictured would you say the midpoint is Mercury and the stellium with which it is contained or mercury alone?

We've got a thread going on the bundle right now. You're sure welcome to join in.

Re Mercury x stellium...
Midpoint Mars/Moon falls on 18 Scorpio 40. Sun is at 16 Sco 35 (-2*05' & applying), while Mercury is at 22.32 (+3*52' & separating). Mercury is combust. The two planets embrace the midpoint but neither is in close conjunction with it. I like to hold the midpoint conjunction to around 1-1/2 degrees.

I take Sun as the planet energizing the midpoint. The stellium as a whole influences its parts, but the focus here is in Sun.

Mars, lord of Scorpio, must be taken into account, and leads the pattern. If you like Pluto as lord of Scorpio, he is powerful in domicile. Examine the lord of Scorpio carefully, as he sets the tone for operation of the stellium.

Last edited:

Lin

here's your midpoint grid: click to make it larger.

Attachments

• astro_b2am_kris10_astroweekly_hp.7992.79648.png
    astro_b2am_kris10_astroweekly_hp.7992.79648.png
    13.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Lin

The midpoint is specific (degrees and minutes.) I wouldn't use more than 1 degree orb.
So your midpoint regarding any two planets IS that degree. Period. And that will be the most sensitive placement (when using it with transits or in synastry.)
LIN

greybeard

I agree with the one-degree orb. Midpoint contacts must be tight.

But in this chart the midpoint is immersed in a stellium and closely embraced by the Sun-Mercury pair. I don't see how the midpoint can remain uninfluenced. But that is my take; there are other perspectives.

Lin

Sun/ Merc is a focal point. and they can't be taken alone.

But I can't take my eyes off Uranus.

I am not sure the most important part of a bundle is the midpoint.

I have a bundle chart. I see it as very karmic. I see it as a "whole." Maybe that is why I am not fond of "open plan homes" - although I think they are attractive I prefer smaller spaces.
lol
LIN

greybeard

The midpoint is not the most important point on a bundle; that falls to the leading planet, who assumes high focus.

If a planet occupies the midpoint it shows energies/actions that can bring the bundle to rest. It is similar to the point of rest of a pendulum; it is a point of attraction.

kris10

The midpoint is specific (degrees and minutes.) I wouldn't use more than 1 degree orb.
So your midpoint regarding any two planets IS that degree. Period. And that will be the most sensitive placement (when using it with transits or in synastry.)
LIN

Thank you, I will look into this further.

kris10

Sun/ Merc is a focal point. and they can't be taken alone.

But I can't take my eyes off Uranus.

I am not sure the most important part of a bundle is the midpoint.

I have a bundle chart. I see it as very karmic. I see it as a "whole." Maybe that is why I am not fond of "open plan homes" - although I think they are attractive I prefer smaller spaces.
lol
LIN

Yes, when I first learned about astrology it was difficult for me to grasp the concept of planetary energies because I was young. Now I realize it also had to do with my bundle, I experience the energies in the way a soup blends flavors. Strong transits can be felt, like when Uranus transited my 4th house, otherwise, for the most part, a lot is experienced as a whole. How about you?

I never thought about the association with open floor homes. I love them. It may depend on what houses your bundle covers.

kris10

The midpoint is not the most important point on a bundle; that falls to the leading planet, who assumes high focus.

If a planet occupies the midpoint it shows energies/actions that can bring the bundle to rest. It is similar to the point of rest of a pendulum; it is a point of attraction.

This makes the most sense for me. So the focus should rest on mars?

greybeard

Yes. The leading (cutting) planet's qualities permeate the entire being. When Mars is in high focus, a good keyword is Indomitable.

The cutting planet does not lose its normal meanings, but in effect becomes a super- planet.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Yes. The leading (cutting) planet's qualities permeate the entire being. When Mars is in high focus, a good keyword is Indomitable.

The cutting planet does not lose its normal meanings, but in effect becomes a super- planet.

Bundle http://www.skyscript.co.uk/aspects2.html

cs_bu.gif
All the planets are contained within 1200.

The individual tends to focus on one part of life's potential
and ignores the rest :smile:

This pattern is especially strong
if all the planets
are on one side of either the Ascendant-Descendant axis
or
the MC-IC axis.

Lin

"I never thought about the association with open floor homes. I love them. It may depend on what houses your bundle covers."

Yeah....i don't think it's about the houses...I have Jupiter and Venus conj in Cancer....that's probably it.

Also: yes....the LEADING PLANET in the bundle is very powerful. My leading planet is Uranus and yes, I am an astrologer. When I "discovered" astrology I felt as though I had been searching for this discipline all my life up until then.
And from that time on (decades ago) astrology has been in in my life as a constant.
LIN