Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Witchyone

Some people are not capable of love, only vampirism. Alternate perspective. :joyful:

Someone else's ability to love has no effect on my ability to love them, or on Moonkat's friend's ability to love. Universal love, brotherly love, these concepts don't require reciprocity to exist.

GemwDepth

Account Closed
Someone else's ability to love has no effect on my ability to love them, or on Moonkat's friend's ability to love. Universal love, brotherly love, these concepts don't require reciprocity to exist.

It has no effect on mine either from a theoretical perspective. However its a question of energy and weight. If one sap one's energy on the unworthy, then I am not capable of doing my very best for the worthy. :happy:

Witchyone

It has no effect on mine either from a theoretical perspective. However its a question of energy and weight. If one sap one's energy on the unworthy, then I am not capable of doing my very best for the worthy. :happy:

Love is not a finite resource. It's more like a flame that catches and spreads. Unlike a flame, love doesn't consume what it burns. Bad romances do, but love doesn't. LOL

The type of love I'm talking about doesn't require any energy. It's just the state of respecting all people as lovable.

GemwDepth

Account Closed
Love is not a finite resource. It's more like a flame that catches and spreads. Unlike a flame, love doesn't consume what it burns. Bad romances do, but love doesn't. LOL

The type of love I'm talking about doesn't require any energy. It's just the state of respecting all people as lovable.

That's where we disagree on opportunity cost. I value time highly, as my time is finite. And I am just picky where I wish to expend energy or time. (And emotions too).

GemwDepth

Account Closed
Well, okay, but what I mean is a feeling, a stance toward the world. It requires no time or energy.

Yes on a general stance I think we are in agreement. On a practical perspective, there need to be filters and boundaries and standards, my time is limited and its not a buffet for all, but for the few who pass and I can make the most difference.

moonkat235

Yes on a general stance I think we are in agreement. On a practical perspective, there need to be filters and boundaries and standards, my time is limited and its not a buffet for all, but for the few who pass and I can make the most difference.

Just curious. If you believe someone meets your standard and then they disappoint you, do they get cut off?

Idk, I have a different philosophy from you I think, because I know my parents' love is dependent on me being 'good enough' too and I never want someone to feel like love has to be earned or that they're unworthy of love.

GemwDepth

Account Closed
Just curious. If you believe someone meets your standard and then they disappoint you, do they get cut off?

Idk, I have a different philosophy from you I think, because I know my parents' love is dependent on me being 'good enough' too and I never want someone to feel like love has to be earned or that they're unworthy of love.

I think my evaluation is very Libran or Libra like. I weigh the pros and cons. Of course you can't judge a relationship by just one thing, but the overall picture. My cons are not what society deems to be good enough or any of the superficial stuff, but personal constructions like similar values, long-term potential, ethics, positive energy/emotions. When the cons outweigh the pros, unfortunately its time to let go. :sad: Virgo may have their own process.

I didn't always feel like this though. When I was young I was very much just like your friend, so my "rose colored glasses" wasn't actually meant to be negative, but kind of a cheeky joke to myself. But being past a certain age gives you awareness of your own mortality. And value in what's left and how you wish to expend it.

Witchyone

I think my evaluation is very Libran or Libra like. I weigh the pros and cons. Of course you can't judge a relationship by just one thing, but the overall picture. My cons are not what society deems to be good enough or any of the superficial stuff, but personal constructions like similar values, long-term potential, ethics, positive energy/emotions. When the cons outweigh the pros, unfortunately its time to let go. :sad: Virgo may have their own process.

I didn't always feel like this though. When I was young I was very much just like your friend, so my "rose colored glasses" wasn't actually meant to be negative, but kind of a cheeky joke to myself. But being past a certain age gives you awareness of your own mortality. And value in what's left and how you wish to expend it.

Do you go through this exhaustive process with everyone you have any sort of relationship with? This sounds like criteria for choosing a life-long mate or something. Maybe we're all talking about different things.

GemwDepth

Account Closed
Do you go through this exhaustive process with everyone you have any sort of relationship with? This sounds like criteria for choosing a life-long mate or something. Maybe we're all talking about different things.

Maybe. I think people around you affects one and one's development+potential, sometimes on a psychological and unconscious level one's totally not aware of. They can drag you down or propel you up.

The criterias are usually intuitive, but they may form into the conscious and practical after an experience or two. So experience tend to solidify them into conscious criterias for me.

moonkat235

I guess maybe when I think of the term universal love I'm not equating it with personal engagement, just an overall belief and connection with something bigger than myself.

On the note of loving people in the sense that I engage and/or commit to them, I do use discernment in the sense of 'clicking'. I'm not likely to develop a relationship if I'm not feelin it from the get go, romantically or platonically.

Those criteria are interesting. I like engaging with people of similar values, but I find interacting with people of differing value systems from mine to be necessary for my personal evolution. I enjoy people who challenge my values and beliefs, because then I determine whether they're worthwhile or whether I should change - growth either way.

Witchyone

I guess maybe when I think of the term universal love I'm not equating it with personal engagement, just an overall belief and connection with something bigger than myself.

This is definitely what I've been talking about. Getting close to people so that they actually become part of my inner circle is different.

GemwDepth

Account Closed

On the note of loving people in the sense that I engage and/or commit to them, I do use discernment in the sense of 'clicking'. I'm not likely to develop a relationship if I'm not feelin it from the get go, romantically or platonically.

Those criteria are interesting. I like engaging with people of similar values, but I find interacting with people of differing value systems from mine to be necessary for my personal evolution. I enjoy people who challenge my values and beliefs, because then I determine whether they're worthwhile or whether I should change - growth either way.

I see. We all have different interpretations for words. I saw that as naivety and a belief everyone's is loving, projected from one's own personality, when reality is not the case. So we have different immediate reactions to connotations.

There is also a difference between acquaintance or friend. I view acquaintances as 11th house people, and those can be casual, distant, different, challenging, but some standards still apply. A lot of time we are just not consciously aware we are applying those standards. But 7th house people one needs to choose wisely.

moonkat235

I see. We all have different interpretations for words. I saw that as naivety and a belief everyone's is loving, projected from one's own personality, when reality is not the case. So we have different immediate reactions to connotations.

There is also a difference between acquaintance or friend. I view acquaintances as 11th house people, and those can be casual, distant, different, challenging, but some standards still apply. A lot of time we are just not consciously aware we are applying those standards. But 7th house people one needs to choose wisely.

Definitely. My criteria are definitely different from yours. I'd probably place the criteria of 'do they pique my curiosity?' somewhere close to the top. I've had really close friends with very different values and ethics from mine. Eventually, we parted ways and not always on good terms, but I have no regrets for allowing them space in my inner circle. They taught me a lot. I suppose I'm not looking for that harmonious aspect to close friendships necessarily, but rather challenge and growth. Respect though, for your personal philosophy.

GemwDepth

Account Closed
Definitely. My criteria are definitely different from yours. I'd probably place the criteria of 'do they pique my curiosity?' somewhere close to the top. I've had really close friends with very different values and ethics from mine. Eventually, we parted ways and not always on good terms, but I have no regrets for allowing them space in my inner circle. They taught me a lot. I suppose I'm not looking for that harmonious aspect to close friendships necessarily, but rather challenge and growth. Respect though, for your personal philosophy.

One's criteria changes depend on what decade you are in and where you see yourself going. So in your twenties you would have certain philosophies due to your development, but it may change. I had to let go some people that were part of my life for a decade, because I simply, eventually outgrew them through some deeper awakenings. And I could foresee my road ahead, if they were still part of it, it would influence me negatively so I felt I needed to make a choice. I still wish them well and hold no ill regard.

If I were to do things differently though for people who's been part of your life for an extended time, it would be to not be so cut and dry, and always leave room for distant or moderate engagement (like 1X a year or every five years). That's probably the only thing I would do differently.

david starling

How is your Moon aspected? I've been looking at the Pisces Moon in 12/12, and the aspects appear to have a profound effect on how the Sense of Purpose manifests. Pisces alone can go anywhichway.

moonkat235

How is your Moon aspected? I've been looking at the Pisces Moon in 12/12, and the aspects appear to have a profound effect on how the Sense of Purpose manifests. Pisces alone can go anywhichway.

My Moon is conjunct Saturn, trine Jupiter-MC, sextile Venus, opposite Chiron. Whatcha thinkin?