Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Vedic Astrology

Vedic Astrology For discussions on Vedic astrology only.

Unread 05-20-2013, 09:53 PM

Re: seems no help here or any1 to advice me out

Goodness, Raymond...

"...I am afraid" in this context does not mean Aquarius is afraid of Vedic astrology. It amounts to an apology of sorts.

I might, for example, say "I am afraid I don't speak Hindi."

The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Useful Post:
aquarius7000 (05-20-2013)
Unread 05-20-2013, 10:38 PM
rishimanglesh

The Gita is teaching of following path of rightousness and it motivates a soul from transition from pt 2 to pt 1 out of 10 steps from above sutras.

Those whoever not reached to pt 2 will not understand Gita thus they are more conducive to follow wise men.

To reach pt 2, there is other worldly knowledge to be acquired first.

In case of current case, native expressed desire to satisfy his parents somehow with his capabilities which he has put above his success in enterprise. He does not says this to please them alone but as his duty towards his parents to serve them. The feeling of dharma comes from culture and Gita does not clearly tell us about dharma but talks about following dharma and various union by following it. Thus, Gita gives different interpretation to different context. It was different to Arjun,
different to Sanjay, Dhritrashtra or you and me as we have different dharma according to our existence.

My personal opinion is one should read gita once atleast even like a novel because it is a message which should be learnt before worshipped but it is even better learning with rituals or with wise because they could help us intergrate the message in our way of life .

Dear greybeard, we must also ponder on idea that why did krishna chose arjun for teachings why not duryodhan .. May be problem area was duryodhan who need to teached as our common sense tell us so. But truth is , mind should be receptive to understand wisdom.. and that is not true in all cases.
Unread 05-20-2013, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
Goodness, Raymond...

"...I am afraid" in this context does not mean Aquarius is afraid of Vedic astrology. It amounts to an apology of sorts.

I might, for example, say "I am afraid I don't speak Hindi."
lol...ok...........this one is on me...........lol
Unread 05-20-2013, 11:29 PM

Hi,
Quote:
...As far as "purification and cleanliness" go, you can perform all the ablutions and rituals under the Sun toward that end and still remain impure. The purification comes from living and practicing the teachings, not from ritual ablutions occasionally done, or flowers placed upon some altar.
I think the point trying to be made, going back to Ariesgurl's post, is that, by bathing and cleaning oneself prior to reading The Gita (or a Holy scripture, we show respect towards Him. I do agree with that point, and try to follow it myself, too. I don't think that we can compare that with being internally pure- something for which some, perhaps actually most of us, can wait a whole lifetime. I also think that the point of personal hygiene before we touch a religious scripture also has to do with self-discipline; it has to do with renouncing the comfort of laziness and ease. It is also something viable, nothing not (easily) achievable. It is not the same as the somewhat harder task of being thorough in Sanskrit or Hindi first, before we can delve into His teachings through Gita.

AQ7

“Some people try to be tall by cutting off the heads of others.” —Paramahansa Yogananda

Last edited by aquarius7000; 05-21-2013 at 12:09 AM.
Unread 05-21-2013, 02:21 AM

The originator of this thread has made almost no comment.

And this is turning into a religious discussion.

The discussion should return to the plight of the young man.

He should be offered the opportunity to see that his failures in business, in love and marriage, his failure toward his parents....all resolves to a spiritual problem.

Because, from my point of view, the young man's crisis is essentially spiritual, I suggested he study and put into practice the teachings of the Gita. It is part of his cultural heritage, therefore appropriate to him. I am not interested -- in the case at hand -- in whether or not the book is divine, whether or not I should wash my hands before reading it. All I know is, from years of personal experience, that the book has the power to change a life.

The catch in all of this is that it takes time for such a change to take effect, and this young man is distraught, and severely so from all appearances, in the here and now. He has allowed himself to become caught in the maelstrom of despair before crying out for help, and it may be that no lifeline can pull him out of descent into the abyss.

He has developed a habitual dependency on others, and does not seem to understand or know how to take full responsibility for himself. He almost certainly believes that by continuing his habitual patterns of behavior things will change for him, which is an absurdity. And the conjunction of Saturn-Pluto suggests that any sort of change is extremely difficult.

What is the astrologer (psychiatrist, priest, business consultant) to do in such a case? The most immediate and practical solution would be to assist this young man in attaining some measure of success in his enterprises. I suggested that he try jewelry, and briefly described how he might go about it. I know that the method I described works, because I have done it myself.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Useful Post:
friends4vjjk (05-25-2013), zenith (05-21-2013)
Unread 05-21-2013, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by friends4vjjk View Post
seems no help here or any1 to advice me out,i asked for way of my problem yesterday posted twice time but i didnt found single reply

10yrs back i faced huge loss and got into finacial problems,whenever i start anything i get into problems and cannot complete it....my finance condition is very much weak,even after working upto my strength but no improvment..sometime feel like to kill myself but i care for my parents which stops me from taking such step....i lost my love..and now marriage is also getting delayed....also now i feel to quit job so i can have peace inside and start my own business either into providing IT services or Sell online female cosmetic products or imitation jewellery...

Sir kindly guide me and show me path what will be good so i can keep my parents happy which will give relief to me ...

my details
Name Jaikumar
Place of birth Ulhasnagar
Time 04.00pm (Evening)
DOB 04/May/1983
Dear Jajkumar,

Will you please explain why/how did you face huge loss and which year?

Best wishes

Rajarshi

Unread 05-21-2013, 07:33 AM
rishimanglesh

Well said. Although there is no harm in having well intended discussion but it is not good idea to hijack the thread of original poster. So, I wish good luck to Mr Jai Kumar and you should explore very practical advise you have received in here so far
Unread 05-22-2013, 07:26 AM

Sorry to all members but as no internet connectvity at my area from 2-3days couldnt check thread but what ever you ppl mention will surely follow

Quote:

He should be offered the opportunity to see that his failures in business, in love and marriage, his failure toward his parents....all resolves to a spiritual problem.

Because, from my point of view, the young man's crisis is essentially spiritual, I suggested he study and put into practice the teachings of the Gita. It is part of his cultural heritage, therefore appropriate to him. I am not interested -- in the case at hand -- in whether or not the book is divine, whether or not I should wash my hands before reading it. All I know is, from years of personal experience, that the book has the power to change a life.

The catch in all of this is that it takes time for such a change to take effect, and this young man is distraught, and severely so from all appearances, in the here and now. He has allowed himself to become caught in the maelstrom of despair before crying out for help, and it may be that no lifeline can pull him out of descent into the abyss.

He has developed a habitual dependency on others, and does not seem to understand or know how to take full responsibility for himself. He almost certainly believes that by continuing his habitual patterns of behavior things will change for him, which is an absurdity. And the conjunction of Saturn-Pluto suggests that any sort of change is extremely difficult.

What is the astrologer (psychiatrist, priest, business consultant) to do in such a case? The most immediate and practical solution would be to assist this young man in attaining some measure of success in his enterprises. I suggested that he try jewelry, and briefly described how he might go about it. I know that the method I described works, because I have done it myself.
Unread 05-22-2013, 07:45 AM

Sure sir,

During 2000 i cleared my 12th my parents asked me to work and save ur income for education fee due to which i took break for year but during yr family financial conditions were low i hve give them my salaray..and i started working for one travel agency ....working overthere i came across some ppls who provide finance on some rate of interest round 5-10% ...then one my cousin came to trvel and he was in need of money he asked me to be gurantor and he will return amount after he goes to home....i borrowed around 20k at intrest of 8%-10% for him ....but he didnt returned and i was paying interest for him ...in between he was like ok i will send money....i couldnt pay total amt as it reached to somewere around 30-35k with intrest by yearend...

place i was working one junior guy ran away with account book ...so i didnt had account book with me and owner whom i paid 30-40k denied that i paid him..also these people whom i borrowed money were behind me...at same time customer who gave me advances for tkt booking said they paid me full amt as all things hppned at same time....i couldnt prove that i had not done any fraud ....my parents supported me and paid amt ..which my father borrowed as loan....and this way i had spent my 10yrs of recovering from debt...but i couldnt manage to study...my dream of bcoming enggneer shattered....

anyways but this thing made me learn many things who are really with me n who r not....but really whenever i start anything i face some other problems..and that thing is left inbetween..not at age of 30 i m with unstable carreer n financial stability not there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajarshi View Post
Dear Jajkumar,

Best wishes

Rajarshi

Last edited by friends4vjjk; 05-22-2013 at 07:50 AM. Reason: wrong year mwnsion
Unread 05-22-2013, 07:49 AM

isir

i have got gita at home which i read 2-3chapters n i know its give answers to all question...n myself i have tried to get answer and path by placeing my self in arjuna's shoe and asking question to lord krishna and found path....but these problems sometimes are ssuch make u drag to worrinesss and make me weak

Quote:

Unread 05-23-2013, 10:09 AM

hope ur got reply for ur question

Quote:
Dear Jajkumar,

Best wishes

Rajarshi
Unread 05-23-2013, 10:20 AM

its true that when u read bhagwad gita it give realisation that Lord Krishna is with u

Quote:

Unread 05-23-2013, 10:21 AM

Quote:
hope ur got reply for ur question

Review at weekend.

Unread 05-25-2013, 05:30 AM

so its weekend now where are all members gone...

i have some question regarding bhagvad gita...after reading bhagavad gita is it person changes his way of living on its own or it he has to follow it...there are many confusions running in my mind

Quote:
Review at weekend.
Unread 05-25-2013, 05:43 AM

The Bhagavad Gita is a "manual for healing the wounded soul," disguised as the story of a battle.

I told how I use it in a previous post. How you use it, if at all, is up to you. If you have a "wounded soul", and who among us does not, then it will profit you to assiduously study the book -- daily -- and as your understanding grows, put it into practice in your life.

The Bhagavad Gita speaks of "confusion of mind," and explains how to deal with it.

I once spent six months in an ashram in Mexico. I went there thinking that, finally, I would have the opportunity to sit at the feet of a guru and soak up spiritual wisdom. The morning of my arrival I was handed an ax and a saw, and directed to cut down and dispose of an entire citrus orchard. Following on that task, I spent the next three months or so crawling around in poison ivy, reconstructing a mile or two of fence that had been devastated in a hurricane. I never once sat at the feet of a guru. It was one of the most powerful spiritual experiences of my life. For one thing, I learned that the guru is superfluous.

Last edited by greybeard; 05-25-2013 at 05:58 AM.
friends4vjjk (05-25-2013)
Unread 05-25-2013, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius7000 View Post
I think most Indians are aware of their heritage, culture and what it encompasses, but are too into moving towards the Western lifestyle and what they might see as 'modernism and progress', whilst quite the opposite is happening in the West. This is not criticism essentially, but just human nature - the grass on the other side always seems greener.

I wonder how many have ever held the great Book in their hands even.

AQ
Funny you say that Aquarius7000, I have been brought up in Utah most of my life. I buy a pheasant hunting license every year on Indian land, since I was a little girl.
I know the Modern Ute culture pretty well and I wish they would let more of their traditional culture shine through because I'm almost sure it was much, much more beautiful!!

I believe they have a spiritual GIFT rooted in them, I hate to watch it go to waste out here with drugs and what not.

Sincerely,
AstroThrive
Unread 05-25-2013, 06:51 AM

how can u apply it practically can u explain

Quote:
The Bhagavad Gita is a "manual for healing the wounded soul," disguised as the story of a battle.

I told how I use it in a previous post. How you use it, if at all, is up to you. If you have a "wounded soul", and who among us does not, then it will profit you to assiduously study the book -- daily -- and as your understanding grows, put it into practice in your life.

The Bhagavad Gita speaks of "confusion of mind," and explains how to deal with it.

I once spent six months in an ashram in Mexico. I went there thinking that, finally, I would have the opportunity to sit at the feet of a guru and soak up spiritual wisdom. The morning of my arrival I was handed an ax and a saw, and directed to cut down and dispose of an entire citrus orchard. Following on that task, I spent the next three months or so crawling around in poison ivy, reconstructing a mile or two of fence that had been devastated in a hurricane. I never once sat at the feet of a guru. It was one of the most powerful spiritual experiences of my life. For one thing, I learned that the guru is superfluous.
Unread 05-25-2013, 08:33 AM

Quote:
so its weekend now where are all members gone...
!!!

i have some question regarding bhagvad gita...after reading bhagavad gita is it person changes his way of living on its own or it he has to follow it...there are many confusions running in my mind

Constellation & Dasa details are not attached.

Jupiter main period ( of 16 Years) will come from 33 years 6 months and should be better than current main period of Rahu.

Sun & Mars are in 8th house, unfavourable. Sun opposite Saturn destroying each other.

This chart should be consulted with professional astrologer for full consultations & guidance as present sub periods running/ coming (in near future upto 33 years) is unfavorable.

Rajarshi

Unread 05-25-2013, 08:47 AM

I sit quietly under some tree by the roadside. The sky is clear, the moon full. I take the Gita from my backpack and begin to read by moonlight. I have not purified myself through any ritual, but my mind is eager, my soul thirsty, my heart open. I am pure....

I read about "surrender in love of the fruits of one's actions." I contemplate the meaning of this, and reaching some understanding of it, resolve that I will henceforth live and act in that spirit. I will train myself toward that goal...I will hold that idea in consciousness as I live through each day.

Let's take a passage at random, 7:21-23.
It says: "For if a man desires with faith to adore this or that god, I give faith unto that man, a faith that is firm and moves not. And when this man, full of faith, goes and adores that god, from him he attains his desires; but whatever is good comes from me. But these are men of little wisdom, and the good they want has an end. Those who love the gods go to the gods; but those who love me come unto me."

My first step -- read a passage like this one. I try to find where a complete thought begins and ends.

Second step, as I said above. I contemplate the passage. What meaning, what lesson, can I extract from it?

Here I find that "faith" is emphasized. So although today I may not have much faith (life has been hard to me so far...), I decide that I will try to develop faith. This means that I will observe myself at every moment, watch how I act and think, and when I notice that my faith is weak I'll stop for a second and say "Even though my faith is weak, I will ACT like I have faith. I will proceed with confidence that things will work out if I do what is necessary -- and a little bit more."

It talks about desire. It says that if I adore some god, that god will give me what I desire. But it also cautions against unwise desires.

We should understand that the word "god" here does not mean an image in some temple. God here refers precisely to our desires themselves. We worship what we desire. Whatever we desire strongly, it becomes our "god", and we will sacrifice ourselves (adore, worship) to that god. We give our lives over to that god.

So I consider carefully what it is I desire in life. I do my best to choose wisely. (In other parts of this book it talks about choosing what it is you want.) Clearly, this passage tells us that the wise choice is to desire to "come to" Brahma-God.

So I put this to work in my life, first, by learning to change my way of thinking and seeing things, by considering carefully what it is I want from life. It is clear here that the choice is mine to make. It says that "those who love me come unto me." So for me, that will be my choice. I will, little by little, teach myself about love and about the Creator of all that is.

I don't really know how to explain it any better than that. You have to try it out, and do it yourself. It's not easy, and it takes time. You have to truly want to reach a place of peace and joy.

As I told you, I used to sell costume jewelry. It was very easy to sell, and it made me money. One day I ran into a man on the street and it turned out that he had no job. I told him what I did, and invited him to go along with me, to watch and learn. I entered 3 stores, made 3 nice sales, and at the 4th store handed him my case and told him I would give him everything over cost on what he sold. He walked in the next store timidly (he had no faith), put the case on the counter backwards so that it opened toward him instead of toward the lady behind the counter. Of course he made no sale. I showed him how to do it......and he didn't learn a thing. You have to do it yourself.

You have to be willing to fail and determined to keep on trying.

Remember what I said -- The guru is superfluous.

Last edited by greybeard; 05-25-2013 at 09:18 AM.
zenith (05-28-2013)
Unread 05-25-2013, 01:41 PM

can i know where i can get that

Quote:
Constellation & Dasa details are not attached.

Jupiter main period ( of 16 Years) will come from 33 years 6 months and should be better than current main period of Rahu.

Sun & Mars are in 8th house, unfavourable. Sun opposite Saturn destroying each other.

This chart should be consulted with professional astrologer for full consultations & guidance as present sub periods running/ coming (in near future upto 33 years) is unfavorable.

Rajarshi
Unread 05-25-2013, 01:58 PM

Quote:
can i know where i can get that
Discuss with your friends & families. You can approach Forum admin for professional astrologer ( Vedic).

Unread 05-25-2013, 02:22 PM

Hi,

Friends4vjjk, you may want to try Horary out (for free, since you're not earning presently) with a very clear-cut question (like: will I get a job this year). Please go to the Horary forum and read the Horary guidelines for some basics on it, and also on how to create a Horary chart (different from a natal chart). If what you read about Horary suits your temperament, you could turn to it for help.

AQ7

“Some people try to be tall by cutting off the heads of others.” —Paramahansa Yogananda
The Following User Says Thank You to aquarius7000 For This Useful Post:
friends4vjjk (05-25-2013)
Unread 05-26-2013, 07:28 AM

thanks for ur suggestion ,i have posted my question hope to get replies

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius7000 View Post
Hi,

Friends4vjjk, you may want to try Horary out (for free, since you're not earning presently) with a very clear-cut question (like: will I get a job this year). Please go to the Horary forum and read the Horary guidelines for some basics on it, and also on how to create a Horary chart (different from a natal chart). If what you read about Horary suits your temperament, you could turn to it for help.

AQ7
Unread 05-26-2013, 08:28 AM

Hi,

If you post the right chart on the Horary board, you should get answers.

AQ7

Tags
advice, any1